Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893149 times)

Offline bigtomi

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #1085 on: October 09, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »
Uninformed or hopeful - a rare punched out 1979 wacky: eBay auction: #120997254125 ?
Definitely uninformed (aka clueless).

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1086 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:08 AM »

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #1087 on: October 11, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
The earth will be recovering from the next ice age, and this $10 pack will still be on ebay for $99.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-UNOPENED-WAX-PACK-SEALED-IN-PLASTIC-ON-A-HARD-PROTECTOR-MINT-RARE-/230862795774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c07eb3fe

Of course it will. its SEALED IN PLASTIC. With a little luck it will transend time. I bet the gum is still good.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1088 on: October 13, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
Admittedly, there is some unusual stuff here, but $10K? I think not.

eBay auction: #170924126238

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #1089 on: October 13, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »

I agree a little high, however what would be a fair price?  It is not my Auction but I am interested what everyone thinks.  I don't know the value of higher series whites or tri folds I do know that ludlows are selling for good money

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #1090 on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

The .69 cents killed it for me   :sad:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:22:44 PM by rdsjnk »

« Reply #1091 on: October 13, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »
The .69 cents killed for me   :sad:
prolly thought when you see the 69 your mind would be on something else and forget you're getting raped for over 10,000.  wonder what it would have listed for if heaven forbid series 16 was included??

Offline Kook

« Reply #1092 on: October 13, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
I agree a little high, however what would be a fair price?  It is not my Auction but I am interested what everyone thinks.  I don't know the value of higher series whites or tri folds I do know that ludlows are selling for good money

Based on condition, I'd estimate anywhere from $4000 to $7000. Based on the description of condition I would say closer to $7k, but if the cards are all in condition of the samples represented, I'd say closer to the $4k. Most of the value is in the luds, 1st tan set, 3rd & 13th WB singles, & 14th trifold set. This price is full retail. Anyone buying the entire lot would expect at least a 20% to 30% discount from that IMO. To get closer to the full retail, you'd have to sell it off at least by sets.

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #1093 on: October 19, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Proof-Acetate-Set-228-/140870470786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cc88cc82

Am I missing something? Not sure what is more offensive the price or the description. Acetate? I see a pic of a common card.

I tried to send the seller a message but I am Canadian and the items they are seeling are not available here. Too bad for me if I change my mind and want to bid. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this guy (or gal). "I have looked these up on several sites and at trade shows, card and comic shops. THESE ARE LEGITIMATE PRICES." What a load of cr**.

"These Wacky Packages survived the 1970's like a champion! No bent corners, no fading no writing no stickers removed. All in perfect condition. These are great nostalgia, I was going to make a canvas out of them until I looked them up. I will be making the canvas if they do not sell. I have looked these up on several sites and at trade shows, card and comic shops. THESE ARE LEGITIMATE PRICES. I am willing to work a deal if you would like multiple cards. I have doubles and triples of a lot of these. Please let me know if you have a need for a particular card, I have so many I will only be listing the better valued ones for now and the lesser value ones in a bulk lot later. Thank you for looking and happy bidding, good luck!!!!"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:33:34 PM by gumby8691 »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1094 on: October 19, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
Am I missing something?
nope. you spotted a legitimate whack-job! $325 for a VG Old Spit? LOL

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1095 on: October 19, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »
Am I missing something?
Nope. This dude is certainly a major a-hole, when it comes to Wackies, anyway. The picture doesn't match the description/title at all and neither matches the pricing. What a super shmuck!

Offline moron_chicken

« Reply #1096 on: October 20, 2012, 07:00:09 AM »
Is anyone familiar with this persons auctions?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/califgirlz/m.html?item=360496204871&ViewItem=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

They are selling cards advertised as mint, and making a mint doing it.  It is hard to tell from the pictures if these cards are really mint.  I wonder how many find a dissatisfied customer and returned?  If they are honestly mint cards this is a good selling approach.  I wonder how many mint cards I have sold over the years for nothing. 

Offline sunsweat

« Reply #1097 on: October 20, 2012, 08:01:47 AM »
Is anyone familiar with this persons auctions?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/califgirlz/m.html?item=360496204871&ViewItem=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

They are selling cards advertised as mint, and making a mint doing it.  It is hard to tell from the pictures if these cards are really mint.  I wonder how many find a dissatisfied customer and returned?  If they are honestly mint cards this is a good selling approach.  I wonder how many mint cards I have sold over the years for nothing. 

These auctions look like some shilling is going on.  Click on the bidders in bidding history.

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #1098 on: October 20, 2012, 09:33:38 AM »
I agree (about the shilling). It's the same bidders. Some people will do anything (and by that I mean debase themselves to any level) in order to make money. Best to keep folks like that at a distance. This applies to ebay auctions as well as life in general. :-)

• Administrator
« Reply #1099 on: October 20, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »
I completely disagree that this is shilling.
These cards are selling at only 10-20-25 cents a pop. No one is driving the prices up, no one is bidding on outrageously priced commons. One person has been buying a lot of them, but then again, buying a bunch combines the shipping and saves significant $.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #1100 on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »
But $56 for a Screech tan back? These are all tan back series 10 for $25 - $56? That's more like the 16th series...

• Administrator
« Reply #1101 on: October 20, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
But $56 for a Screech tan back? These are all tan back series 10 for $25 - $56? That's more like the 16th series...
ok. you got me on that one. these recent auctions have been dirt cheap, but most of those earlier ones look really suspicious.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #1102 on: October 20, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »
Does anyone know who these people are that are spending $40 to $60 on these Series 13 Tan Backs?  I would like to offer my collection to them for bid, one card at a time.  My cards are mint of course.  :]

Wow!  Some of these postings are amazing.

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #1103 on: October 20, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
Seriously guys - we all know what is going on here. I reported the auctions - several of them in fact - to ebay. A lot good it will do. I also wrote the seller and accused them of doing what we all know they are doing. No one - and I mean no one - would pay $30-40 for an ungraded 13th series card. Are you kidding me? A PSA-7/8 graded one perhaps but these aren't them.

Take a look at the bidders. It's the same three bidders and in the same exact order (at least on the 13th series ones I came across). And who pays $160 for a 2nd series black ludlow? I have several but I can't imagine getting half that and they are nm.

And one more thing: If these bids are legit - as some of you might want to argue - then why aren't the bidders snatching up any other auctions? Why are they not buying up other lots of cards of similar quality? If they are willing to shell out $50 for a common tan back then why not $300 or more for a set of similar quality?

Or, better yet: If any one of you wants to sell a few tan-back commons, now is your chance. (!) There are at least two 'buyers' bidding on these recent auctions and chances are the one who loses will be wanting to fill the void in their collection or whatever and you could make some money. Of course, some may want to argue that b/c in some cases the bidding war was between two 'buyers' you would not make nearly as much $ given that the one who won the auction would not in all likelihood (or so the arument goes) be looking to bid on these new auctions thereby elimiating the possibility of another bidding war.

But then, why aren't others in on the bidding war? Do these 'buyers' know something about the market for WPs that the hundreds of others in teh hobby do not?

The truth is, there is no bidding war going on here. The market has not changed for WPs in teh last few weeks. It's just shady selling practices, that's all.  

Sorry for rant but this really pisses me off.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:52:26 PM by gumby8691 »

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #1104 on: October 20, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
I’ve been watching this seller for a while as well. I’m surprised that the prices are so high with the picture quality of the actual cards being so low. The seller mentions that the stickers were stored in a photo album for years so I checked her feedback to see if there were any complaints about glue on the backs but there were none. Actually one of our forum members has left positive feedback.
 As for shills, one of the high rolling bidders v***s (151) has been all over wacky auctions in the last few months so I don’t believe he is a shill.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #1105 on: October 20, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
Gumby, I enjoyed the rant.  Thanks! :great:

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #1106 on: October 24, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »
Check out this auction.  $100 and ONLY $8.35 for shipping a single sticker.  PLUS, he is willing to workl out a deal on shipping of you buy more than one sticker.  Who could resist!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-Log-Cave-In-/140870865500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cc8ed25c#ht_330wt_913
Still looking for Series 17

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1107 on: October 24, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »
Check out this auction.  $100 and ONLY $8.35 for shipping a single sticker.  PLUS, he is willing to workl out a deal on shipping of you buy more than one sticker.  Who could resist!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-Log-Cave-In-/140870865500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cc8ed25c#ht_330wt_913

I suggest he make the canvas.......

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1108 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »
I suggest he make the canvas.......
I have another suggestion for where he can paste them...and it ain't just anyplace.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #1109 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »
Hey everyone 'priced reduced for quick sale'  :great:
I told Ern we needed to move this to the Are These People Nuts thread..HaHa.
eBay auction: #121005367411

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1110 on: October 26, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
Nice $15.00 sketch he's got there.

DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #1111 on: October 27, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
Nice $15.00 sketch he's got there.

DrDeal

HaHa. See Ern always has to protect himself. I think it's funny that he thinks he's always right even though we know his tactics are horrible. It's just funny. He doesn't get the market. He obviously has blinders on. I can laugh at myself if I screw up but Ern can't do that. Not every sketch is a masterpiece, hello Clint and Cardgary. I just hate clueless sellers.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1112 on: October 27, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »
HaHa. See Ern always has to protect himself. I think it's funny that he thinks he's always right even though we know his tactics are horrible. It's just funny. He doesn't get the market. He obviously has blinders on. I can laugh at myself if I screw up but Ern can't do that. Not every sketch is a masterpiece, hello Clint and Cardgary. I just hate clueless sellers.
When did I say this was a master piece?  Where did I screw up?  I simply put this on ebay with a high BIN so as NOT to sell it on ebay?  Are you really this dense or is this an act?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #1113 on: October 27, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
When did I say this was a master piece?  Where did I screw up?  I simply put this on ebay with a high BIN so as NOT to sell it on ebay?  Are you really this dense or is this an act?

Ern, I'm just giving you shit. You take things way too serious and aways have to be right. I will lay off.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1114 on: October 27, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
Hey, mom and dad! Us kids get scared when you fight.   :'(
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1115 on: October 27, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
Ern, I'm just giving you shit. You take things way too serious and aways have to be right. I will lay off.
I didn't have an opinion here so there was no right and wrong in play but I didn enjoy your trying to play this off in some mysterious way.  I merely listed an ebay auction, clearly stated I had no expectations for it to sell as my intent was to use ebay for advertising purposes and you some how turned it into a witch hunt in which I was trying to rip off collectors.  Is there some being "Right" mixed in there somewhere?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1116 on: October 27, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »
Hey, mom and dad! Us kids get scared when you fight.   :'(
LOL!!  Ok, I gotta ask, who is mom?  :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #1117 on: October 27, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
I didn't have an opinion here so there was no right and wrong in play but I didn enjoy your trying to play this off in some mysterious way.  I merely listed an ebay auction, clearly stated I had no expectations for it to sell as my intent was to use ebay for advertising purposes and you some how turned it into a witch hunt in which I was trying to rip off collectors.  Is there some being "Right" mixed in there somewhere?

No, it just so happens that I was discussing clueless sellers with a fellow forum member and then I saw your auction when you should know the hobby. I thought it was funny because the Walton sketches seem to be the new 'Z' and asking $200 for a sketch, regardless if you are looking for offers, is really high. Plus telling people in the sketch thread that you didn't expect that much was great because who would make you a lowball offer on what a seller wants $200 for. If you have a BIN of $200 would you really take - $20 offer? No, even though its worth maybe $25 tops. Now if you had one of Cameras sketches and asking $200 for it is a different story. I wouldn't have said anything. You say all I care about is the sketches but I do know the market on sketches and some stuff still surprises me. I know a lot of the sketch collectors and know what price and type of sketch they consider worth the cash and Walton sketches isn't one of them. It's one you start bidding on at $20 and hope it sells.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1118 on: October 27, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
No, it just so happens that I was discussing clueless sellers with a fellow forum member and then I saw your auction when you should know the hobby. I thought it was funny because the Walton sketches seem to be the new 'Z' and asking $200 for a sketch, regardless if you are looking for offers, is really high. Plus telling people in the sketch thread that you didn't expect that much was great because who would make you a lowball offer on what a seller wants $200 for. If you have a BIN of $200 would you really take - $20 offer? No, even though its worth maybe $25 tops. Now if you had one of Cameras sketches and asking $200 for it is a different story. I wouldn't have said anything. You say all I care about is the sketches but I do know the market on sketches and some stuff still surprises me. I know a lot of the sketch collectors and know what price and type of sketch they consider worth the cash and Walton sketches isn't one of them. It's one you start bidding on at $20 and hope it sells.
I again feel I have the right to call you an idiot.  For the last time, I had zero intention of selling on ebay so why would I start at $20 and hope it sells?  I was purely using ebay as a tool to advertise it being available.  I said in no way was my BIN indictive of any perception of value for the card(AND CONTENTS). I specifically stated this in my original post here yet I am sure you have no recollection of that as you consistantly ignore what people actually post and you just post away whatever whimsicle thought comes to your mind much like a child.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #1119 on: October 27, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
For the last time, I had zero intention of selling on ebay so why would I start at $20 and hope it sells?  I was purely using ebay as a tool to advertise it being available. 

Thanks, that's all I needed to read....LOL so you just post on eBay to promote your brand and not sell? HaHa. I'll tell you what. I put auctions on eBay to actually sell them. The market will tell you what it's worth. The final price may not be what I want but I sold it. We obviously differ on selling tactics.

anything