Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893075 times)

Offline Bigmuc13

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #735 on: January 25, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1976-WACKY-PACKAGES-16TH-SERIES-EMPTY-BOX-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/220939900689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33710b5711

I love it when people are intellectually dishonest in their item descriptions. The 16th series box (along with wrappers) is the most common original series box. Yet people always try to link the rarity of the stickers to the rarity of the box. It's worth $75-100 max.

Yeah, I even think that is a bit high.  I don't think I would go more than $50 onn a 16th empty box.  Now full, that would be another story!
Still looking for Series 17

Online bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #736 on: January 30, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360430390877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So I wrote to this guy to see if he would consider selling his whole roll of sheets....of course what I was really doing was trying to find out if in fact he has a roll of these so I know that the market is about to be flooded with these "scarce" sheets......he told me he is not interested in selling the roll which seems to confirm he does in fact have a roll of these....hence expect this sheet will soon not be "scarce".  I don't own one of these yet so I plan to offer him $5, anyone else going to try to pick up a sheet as he "rolls" these out?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #737 on: January 30, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360430390877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So I wrote to this guy to see if he would consider selling his whole roll of sheets....of course what I was really doing was trying to find out if in fact he has a roll of these so I know that the market is about to be flooded with these "scarce" sheets......he told me he is not interested in selling the roll which seems to confirm he does in fact have a roll of these....hence expect this sheet will soon not be "scarce".  I don't own one of these yet so I plan to offer him $5, anyone else going to try to pick up a sheet as he "rolls" these out?

I wouldn't mind getting one if the price drops to, say, around $20.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #738 on: January 30, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »

I have that one and the common one, but I still need the "fresh breath" version.  It's nice for those that need something rare like that, but it's also a shame when it suddenly becomes common after many years.  Takes some of the spice out of it.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #739 on: January 31, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »

FYI.  I offered him $40.00 for the Peanuts sheet and he turned down my offer.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #740 on: January 31, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
FYI.  I offered him $40.00 for the Peanuts sheet and he turned down my offer.

He didn't even counter?  Kinda wonder why people bother with the "Best Offer" option if they aren't going to budge from their asking price.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #741 on: January 31, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
He countered with an offer of $45.00

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #742 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:50 PM »
He didn't even counter?  Kinda wonder why people bother with the "Best Offer" option if they aren't going to budge from their asking price.

I always counter...kinda like the best offer deal.... :] :]

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #743 on: January 31, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
He countered with an offer of $45.00

That guy thinks he's going to retire on that roll...eventually he will come down... :o :^)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #744 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
You know? Some people just don't get it with the sketch cards. I see 2 auctions that started at $800 each and then dropped to $500, then dropped to $200 and now at $180 and they still won't sell that high. This pack searcher is probably scratching his head.
Then I see this auction making its 2nd or 3rd round:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-OLD-SCHOOL-1st-2nd-SERIES-10-JAY-LYNCH-RARE-SKETCH-CARDS-/200708888076?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebb2e960c#ht_500wt_922

There are only a few big spenders Within the sketch card community, including myself to some extent. If they aren't grabbed at higher prices then they won't sell until the price gets dropped dramatically. I didn't think this would happen but OLDS1 and 2 helped to build sketch burnout with some sketch collectors. Even the postcards aren't even as important nor are the color sketches. OLDS3 could change that depending on sketches but we have hit the peak of sketch cards. I still love them but when is too much?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #745 on: February 04, 2012, 12:25:42 AM »
I still love them but when is too much?

Is this person NUTS???

:]

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #746 on: February 04, 2012, 09:40:03 AM »
Is this person NUTS???

:]

Haven't been in the market lately for sketches. Is this person Nuts? Maybe not. The question is, as these get more harder to aquire, will the demand stay? I think so, as long as Wackys are staying popular. Last I knew, approx 1/2 that starting price would be a reasonable place to start the bidding. But maybe not now.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #747 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
Haven't been in the market lately for sketches. Is this person Nuts? Maybe not. The question is, as these get more harder to aquire, will the demand stay? I think so, as long as Wackys are staying popular. Last I knew, approx 1/2 that starting price would be a reasonable place to start the bidding. But maybe not now.
lol. I think he was referring to Brad being nuts. Brad might be getting tired of sketch cards? say it ain't so!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #748 on: February 04, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
lol. I think he was referring to Brad being nuts. Brad might be getting tired of sketch cards? say it ain't so!

I'm not getting tired of sketch cards. I love them but what my point was is the sketch market is slowing down. If I was tired of sketches I wouldn't have an additional 13 Spook card sketches. Not even Wacky's and I'm still collecting sketches :great:

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »
I'm not getting tired of sketch cards. I love them but what my point was is the sketch market is slowing down. If I was tired of sketches I wouldn't have an additional 13 Spook card sketches. Not even Wacky's and I'm still collecting sketches :great:

I still like em a lot as well !  For me, it sort of equates to having 'one of the big four' from the Original Series, since you know there are a limited number of these. Plus, knowing it was drawn directly from the artist and is not a repro. is really cool too. I also notice that a lot of them look way better in hand than in pictures, don't know exactly why but it is so.

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »

Most of that lot can be had for under $20. Last week I was watching some of these sketches and some others being sold by a forum member. The starting bid was $7 + free shipping and nobody bid. He re-listed them and the same person bought most if not all between $7-$12 each. Those seem like reasonable prices to me.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #751 on: February 04, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »
Most of that lot can be had for under $20. Last week I was watching some of these sketches and some others being sold by a forum member. The starting bid was $7 + free shipping and nobody bid. He re-listed them and the same person bought most if not all between $7-$12 each. Those seem like reasonable prices to me.

Wow, told ya I was out of the loop on this.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #752 on: February 06, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »

You had my curiosity on this, so I checked ebay just now (monday 2-6) for auctions of sketches. There are very few now listed in auctions and the prices do not seem to be anywhere near starting at 7. or below. Most of the BIN's are: a handful btwn 9. to 12. The rest of the majority of the 232 I found are near 15. and up. That person that you spoke of probably just got a really good deal because not as many people are paying attention like before. When you said most of that lot can be had for under 20. you must mean per card.

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #753 on: February 06, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Yes I meant per card, sorry for the confusion.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #754 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:34 AM »
Yes I meant per card, sorry for the confusion.

No apology needed. I was just kind of shocked if they were selling that low especially for a lot of them. I'd have to get me in on that action if that was the case.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #755 on: February 07, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
When one lists something repeatedly and garners no bids, does it ever dawn on the seller that the item may be massively overpriced?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-UNOPENED-WAX-PACK-SEALED-PLASTIC-HARD-PROTECTOR-MINT-RARE-/230743348860?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b960167c

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #756 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:06 PM »
When one lists something repeatedly and garners no bids, does it ever dawn on the seller that the item may be massively overpriced?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-UNOPENED-WAX-PACK-SEALED-PLASTIC-HARD-PROTECTOR-MINT-RARE-/230743348860?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b960167c

Maybe they really don't want to sell it, but will if it goes for the overstated price?

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
hasn't stopped probstein123 and their 2000 pieces of massively overpriced crap

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2012, 03:50:42 AM »

the auction states "no reserve"....  if the $99.00 starting bid ain't a reserve I don't know what is.... 

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #760 on: February 14, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
the auction states "no reserve"....  if the $99.00 starting bid ain't a reserve I don't know what is.... 

LOL, Ah - come on, make an offer.  :^)

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #761 on: February 14, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
LOL, Ah - come on, make an offer.  :^)

99 cent !

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #764 on: February 29, 2012, 08:35:53 AM »
Did you email the seller to let them know?  

No, I enjoy spouting off about this kind of thing in the forum, but have no desire to do anything about it  :D

Offline emoticon

« Reply #765 on: February 29, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »

I sent the seller an email:

Hi,
The Jail-O sticker is definitely a wonder bread sticker. Regular first series issues had a T.C.G. copyright while wonder bread stickers had Topps Chewing Gum Inc. spelled out. Here's a link with more info:
http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/wonderbread/

By the way, shipping for the single card is $6. Is he sending it in a large priority mail box?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:12:19 AM by emoticon »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #766 on: February 29, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
I sent the seller an email
I sent one, also, just as a confirmation to yours.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #767 on: February 29, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »
No, I enjoy spouting off about this kind of thing in the forum, but have no desire to do anything about it  :D

I sent him an email and he said he would correct it.  I figure if it's an honest mistake we might help get it corrected before a newbie gets screwed because it was described incorrectly.  Sounds like others emailed him as well! 

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #768 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »
I sent him an email and he said he would correct it.  I figure if it's an honest mistake we might help get it corrected before a newbie gets screwed because it was described incorrectly.  Sounds like others emailed him as well! 

I sent one and he told me to tell Dr. Popper to lay off his ass..... ;D ;D

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #769 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »
Here's his response to me (I basically just told him it was not a Series 1 tan, that it was a Wonder Bread):

It is a series 1 Tan Back sticker, I never said that it was not a Wonder Bread. It is how ever a 1973 1st Series Tan Back - Wonder Bread Edition. I have revised my post, If someone wants it they will buy it for the amount I am asking. Good Day.

Geez, what an anus.

anything