Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893371 times)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #665 on: November 12, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »
What looks odd to me is that the card is so far away I can't even see the camels!

They're on the horizon. If you wait long enough, you can see them bounce up and down a little as they walk by.

What I'm trying to figure out is the precise size of the bubble envelope under the sticker. Must be 2 ft x 3 ft or something. It's HUGE!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #666 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
They're on the horizon. If you wait long enough, you can see them bounce up and down a little as they walk by.

What I'm trying to figure out is the precise size of the bubble envelope under the sticker. Must be 2 ft x 3 ft or something. It's HUGE!

Guess the camera did not have zoom and the photographer did not have arms that reached any closer. And the PC had no app to crop picture. And the seller doesn't want to sell very badly.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #667 on: November 12, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »
You need to let go of the rating.....i Never said he wanted rating...

I never said you mentioned the rating but Rob did. It's not always about you :-* Your point is well taken!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #668 on: November 12, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
I never said you mentioned the rating but Rob did. It's not always about you :-* Your point is well taken!
You quoted me in your response so it looked like a direct response to me...how do you miss details like this?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #669 on: November 12, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
IMO, I'd say this is likely legit. I know I've seen Luds with up to 5 camel sections on one card. But, I understand your questioning it. It does look odd, somehow.
Where the heck is the original post from Exorcist that you were responding to?  I don't see it in this thread.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #670 on: November 12, 2011, 02:32:12 PM »
Where the heck is the original post from Exorcist that you were responding to?  I don't see it in this thread.

I was looking also, i think he removed it but not before someone responded.

Offline exorcist

« Reply #671 on: November 12, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
sorry guys i removed it.  i didnt want to offend the seller if it was legit.  thanks for the feedback. i was thinking of bidding and wanted input

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #672 on: November 12, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
You quoted me in your response so it looked like a direct response to me...how do you miss details like this?

I questioned you and Rob in the same response. Not al about you. Sorry, let's move on.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #673 on: November 13, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »
I questioned you and Rob in the same response. Not al about you. Sorry, let's move on.
Nope, there is no mention of rob's name in your response, you directly quoted me making it look like you were unable to understand that i made no mention of rating being important.  Same ole story, you are sloppy and careless and you just don't care.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:59:30 AM by bandaches »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #674 on: November 13, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »
sorry guys i removed it.  i didnt want to offend the seller if it was legit.  thanks for the feedback. i was thinking of bidding and wanted input

The seller wouldn't be part of this forum because WE know how to properly take a pic for eBay!  haha
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
The seller wouldn't be part of this forum because WE know how to properly take a pic for eBay!  haha
I thought you were gonna say that WE know how to properly fake a Lud.  ;D

Offline Porkie

« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the buyer and/or seller are on the forums here, but someone please help me out with this -- a Ratz die-cut just sold for $4,250!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200684269697?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Everything looks great to me except that smudge in the upper right. I was expecting this to go for closer to $2k -- what happened?!?! That's the highest I've seen a single Wacky go (not that I've seen that many, but maaaaan)!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #677 on: December 12, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the buyer and/or seller are on the forums here, but someone please help me out with this -- a Ratz die-cut just sold for $4,250!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200684269697?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Everything looks great to me except that smudge in the upper right. I was expecting this to go for closer to $2k -- what happened?!?! That's the highest I've seen a single Wacky go (not that I've seen that many, but maaaaan)!

That is really a shocker. I was thinking $2k range also. I'm surprised that it went this high when it hasn't been graded.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #678 on: December 13, 2011, 05:57:18 AM »

I saw that.  It's definitely a nice one but it did have some minor blemishes, so I was surprised it went that high.  Here are the pics in case anyone missed it...........

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #679 on: December 13, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
Ratz! I missed another great auction! By the way If anyone has a similar card (for about 1/10th the price), I'll be happy to give it a good home!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #680 on: December 13, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
I was expecting this to go for closer to $2k -- what happened?!?!
I'm in that boat, also, as I expected more like $2,500. Possibly, the fact that there hasn't been a decent Ratz on eBay in quite some time and that this one is pretty high-grade (as die-cut/Ratz's go) might explain that inflated price.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #681 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
The seller is dreaming if he thinks this would grade a 7 or 8. In fact, it would grade a 6 tops. Even without the smudging on
both the front and the back, a corner ding of that magnitude would bring it down to a 6 immediately.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #682 on: December 13, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »
The seller is dreaming if he thinks this would grade a 7 or 8. In fact, it would grade a 6 tops. Even without the smudging on
both the front and the back, a corner ding of that magnitude would bring it down to a 6 immediately.

Now he's dreaming about that $4,250 sales price. ;)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #683 on: December 13, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »
More power to him if the sale is legit, but if so, the buyer is foolhardy to say the least.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2011, 01:55:46 PM »
I was thinking with that defect in it, that it would only be a 4-5 I knew it wasn't a 7 or 8.  Though it makes you wonder if it was PSA graded an 8, would it bring the same or more money?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #685 on: December 13, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
I was thinking with that defect in it, that it would only be a 4-5 I knew it wasn't a 7 or 8.  Though it makes you wonder if it was PSA graded an 8, would it bring the same or more money?

This sale is the kind of money a PSA 8 would have gone for at the top of the market.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »

It's crazy but there are collectors that like to find raw cards to grade in hopes of getting a high grade card because of the value. You guys are right that even if this does get a PSA 8 I highly doubt the buyer would get their money back. Now if it comes back a 9 or 10 then that is a totally different story!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
Not wacky related but this is considered NUTS!
Apple Founding Documents Sell for Nearly $1.6 Million
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1291071

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #688 on: December 14, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
Not wacky related but this is considered NUTS!
Apple Founding Documents Sell for Nearly $1.6 Million
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1291071

Yeah, I'd say slightly higher than their pre-auction estimate!  :^)  :o
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #689 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Yeah, I'd say slightly higher than their pre-auction estimate!  :^)  :o

There is speculation that Apple purchased these. They have enough money in reserve :]

Offline Kook

« Reply #690 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm missing something with this poster. Isn't it a $15 to $25 poster at best in nm? Why the big fight? Looks like the paper may be off white, or just poorly aged, but these days it's VERY rare to see a bidding war, much less on something relatively common. Any other takes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-1974-Topps-Wacky-Packages-poster-Crakola-Crayons-nrmt-mt-w-folds-/220912523153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336f699791

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #691 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Don't know why, but it sure underscores the wisdom of sniping. 

Offline Kook

« Reply #692 on: December 19, 2011, 01:42:37 PM »
Don't know why, but it sure underscores the wisdom of sniping. 

Sniping certainly helps minimize someone bidding you up, but a "wacky" bid usually produces wacky results no matter when it's placed.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #693 on: December 19, 2011, 01:51:08 PM »
I saw that auction and thought to myself, Damn i've got those cheaper from ToppsVault with NO-folds.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #694 on: December 19, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »
Hang on... is it just me, or is the photo of the back of the poster mighty flat and small? Looks like the back of a card?!?  :o

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #695 on: December 19, 2011, 09:26:58 PM »
Hang on... is it just me, or is the photo of the back of the poster mighty flat and small? Looks like the back of a card?!?  :o
the poster is just completely folded up, that's all

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
... it's VERY rare to see a bidding war, much less on something relatively common. Any other takes?
I think there's actually no "war" here at all. The winning bidder only placed one (very high) bid 5 days before auction end. The only other bidder just kept stabbing at it, pushing it up. My guess is the winner just really wanted it badly and placed a super high bid to minimize the chance of losing it. I'd bet he thought he'd get it for considerably less.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #697 on: December 20, 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
I think there's actually no "war" here at all. The winning bidder only placed one (very high) bid 5 days before auction end. The only other bidder just kept stabbing at it, pushing it up. My guess is the winner just really wanted it badly and placed a super high bid to minimize the chance of losing it. I'd bet he thought he'd get it for considerably less.

Which is exactly why he should have sniped it at the same bid. That way, the other bidder wouldn't have had anything to keep bidding up, and would have put in probably a considerably lower bid. I'm always surprised how many people on ebay just have no clue as to value and figure "If someone else bid this much, it must be worth it, so I will too."

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #698 on: December 20, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
I'm always surprised how many people on ebay just have no clue as to value and figure "If someone else bid this much, it must be worth it, so I will too."

This constantly cracks me up. It's like someone driving off a cliff and a line of cars following behind.

We forum members should do an experiment and put up for aution a "vintage - rare" plastic turd. Then each of us keep bidding it up and see if any outsiders bid in on it. Once an outsider bids, then sell that turd to the outsider who must of thought it was worth something!  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Porkie

« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
the poster is just completely folded up, that's all

Duh! Makes perfect sense now - thanks!  :]

anything