Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893411 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #595 on: September 05, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
Anyone here deal with a guy named Frank from NY(Ebay id Ditkorules)?  He asked me to meet him at the Wayne Firehouse show today to buy some display boxes.  Says he was going to get there around noon but for some reason, he supposedly shifted his schedule and was there from 11 to 12:15. I got there just before noon and never saw him and I hung out til 1:00.  There were no more than 5 people other than dealers at this completely dead show. 

Seems pretty disingenuous to leave by 12:15 and claiming he didn't see me as I had my wacky pack guide with me making me easy to spot.  This show is very small, a single room of maybe 25 dealer tables.  I had no way to identify him as he offered me no way to spot him.

I think he is full of crap and never showed up as he now doesn't want to buy the boxes.  I think he just changed his mind and blew me off so I wanted to see if others have dealt with him.

I never had any dealings with him.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #596 on: September 10, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #597 on: September 10, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »
Really? You would think these things would be going down, this clown is asking for even MORE!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-ANS8-Bonus-Box-B4-Maximum-Security-Bonus-Card-Sealed-Box-/260851352808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbf3c4e8

But it's a RARE Maximun Security Bonus Card !!

I love how people on e-bay loosely use the words RARE and VINTAGE and MINT.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #598 on: September 12, 2011, 06:30:12 AM »
Really? You would think these things would be going down, this clown is asking for even MORE!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-ANS8-Bonus-Box-B4-Maximum-Security-Bonus-Card-Sealed-Box-/260851352808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbf3c4e8

This one is even worse than that because it's for just the card.  At least the other auction has 6 packs!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #599 on: September 26, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »
This one is even worse than that because it's for just the card.  At least the other auction has 6 packs!

What baffles the shit out of me about this one is somebody bought one!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #601 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »

Clint=Overpriced
I don't understand his reasoning for selling price. I don't think he has one. He's hoping someone will pay it.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #602 on: October 04, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »
I'm sorry but this clown is still trying to sell these at astronomical, stupid, assholedness prices. I mean come on, he wont even budge on his price. I'm getting sick of looking at that shit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WACKY-PACK-CARD-DUXIE-LOOK-/110750566703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c93f892f

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #603 on: October 04, 2011, 04:54:19 PM »
I'm sorry but this clown is still trying to sell these at astronomical, stupid, assholedness prices. I mean come on, he wont even budge on his price. I'm getting sick of looking at that shit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WACKY-PACK-CARD-DUXIE-LOOK-/110750566703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c93f892f
LOL, the problem is that wackys seem to be relistable forever with no fees so this seller has no downside in just mindlessly relisting it over and over again.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #604 on: October 04, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »

It seems like I've been seeing that one pop up for years now.  This seller and that seller Lisa something seem like they will never stop listing them.  I've considered buying them so I don't have to look at them anymore!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #605 on: October 04, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
Put the seller(s) on your ignore list in eBay. Then you don't have to look at them any more!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #606 on: October 05, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »
Put the seller(s) on your ignore list in eBay. Then you don't have to look at them any more!
Holy cow, there is an ignore list for ebay?  I never knew this.  I want to ignore that guy that flips all the Toppsvault stuff for thousands of $.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #607 on: October 05, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
Yeah, but then when he lists a NM Ratz with a BIN of $7.99, you'll miss it.  LOL  All Wackys are worth at least $7.99. Didn't you know that?

It's amazing how many times this shmuck has relisted these at the same price, with no hits, and yet continues to do so. Does he really think they are worth anything? Think I'll write him...

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #608 on: October 05, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
I want to ignore that guy that flips all the Toppsvault stuff for thousands of $.
Rick Probstein? probstein123?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #609 on: October 05, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »
Holy cow, there is an ignore list for ebay?  I never knew this.  I want to ignore that guy that flips all the Toppsvault stuff for thousands of $.

I wouldnt say flip, more like overprices and then just sits there.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #610 on: October 05, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
Holy cow, there is an ignore list for ebay?  I never knew this.  I want to ignore that guy that flips all the Toppsvault stuff for thousands of $.

I'm currently ignoring these sellers:
probstein123,adam-12!,make-mine-marvel

This is my search criteria:
wack* pack* -(ans*, flashback, 1985, 1980, 1979, 1986, bandz, proof, sonic, "all new", all-new, 2005

I basically want to narrow it down to OS stuff. It drops my search results almost half.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:16:31 PM by BumChex »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #611 on: October 05, 2011, 02:29:16 PM »
Probstein is a consignment seller, and apparently a very good one. I agree, he rarely has anything appealing in the world of wackys, but he does have a lot of good sports card stuff....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #612 on: October 05, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
I wouldnt say flip, more like overprices and then just sits there.
Good point, I used the wrong word as flipping implies the stuff is selling!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »
Think I'll write him...
Well, I did write him. And I got a response, too.
Quote from: bigtomi
I just wanted to pass along some advice/information regarding these Wacky Package auctions you've been running, as I've been a collector for quite some time. Has it occurred to you that you're overpricing these? And, in fact, a good portion of them have next to no value at all given the condition they're in. Duxie is a good example; this one is basically valueless as a collectible sticker. I'm really not trying to be vindictive, just hoping you will see the light on these for what they are. They are truly not worth even listing for sale. Throw them out and move on.
Maybe a little harsh at the end, but IMO, pretty much the truth. His response:
Quote from: eBay seller
Thank you so much for your great insight and is there anyway I could pay you for your vast knowledge, it is priceless to me, you see I know a little about everything and a lot about nothing. SO I will continue to list them, see what I'm really doing is, I'm going to wait until I have a stockpile of 2500 items and I'm going to list them all for a penny each ! It's going to be crazy !!! I can't wait to go nuts !! CaN you imagine finding and packing 2500 items !!! From my experience the more you put on the more you sell, I don't care if I garbage picked it or bought an entire estate !! It will sell, you may even say I talked to that guy once...he's the biggest seller on ebay !!! They call me the Legend !! thank you,marc
Hmmmm. I particularly like his line saying he can't wait to go nuts. I think the wait is over...

Offline bandaches

« Reply #614 on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »
Well, I did write him. And I got a response, too.Maybe a little harsh at the end, but IMO, pretty much the truth. His response:Hmmmm. I particularly like his line saying he can't wait to go nuts. I think the wait is over...
I particular like that he wants to pay you for something he deemed as priceless as he runs one sentence to the next....

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #615 on: October 05, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
I particularly like his line saying he can't wait to go nuts. I think the wait is over...
Ha!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #616 on: October 05, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
Well, I did write him. And I got a response, too.Maybe a little harsh at the end, but IMO, pretty much the truth. His response:Hmmmm. I particularly like his line saying he can't wait to go nuts. I think the wait is over...

The guy is a total loon. What is with these wack job sellers? Everyone thinks they have a treasure. We should all message him through eBay so he gets a clue? Fuckhead response! Sorry, I'm still sad about Steve Jobs :'(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #617 on: October 05, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
Actually if you look at this guys completed stuff he doesn't sell much. It's all garbage.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #619 on: October 06, 2011, 06:01:27 AM »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #620 on: October 06, 2011, 06:01:28 AM »

I think he's probably a little strange but I think his response is just sarcastic humor.  I guess we more several more years of looking at them! 

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #621 on: October 06, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »

LOL, you always make me laugh!  :great:

You'll see, just wait! Cool, we'll have something else to wait for besides Olds 3.

His stock pile of 2500 items must smell pretty nasty by now.  >(

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #622 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »
LOL, you always make me laugh!  :great:

You'll see, just wait! Cool, we'll have something else to wait for besides Olds 3.

His stock pile of 2500 items must smell pretty nasty by now.  >(

You misread Bug. He said he is waiting till he has stockpiled 2500 items. He is collecting stuff. Lets buy 1 item, get his address and send him bags of garbage in the mail. Maybe he wil get the hint. you know, kinda like putting deodorant on a stinky persons desk.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #623 on: October 07, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »
You misread Bug. He said he is waiting till he has stockpiled 2500 items. He is collecting stuff. Lets buy 1 item, get his address and send him bags of garbage in the mail. Maybe he wil get the hint. you know, kinda like putting deodorant on a stinky persons desk.

I vote for sending him piles of SH*T instead!!Stuff is Stuff!!!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »
Come on, PSA, I thought you had figured this stuff out....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-TOPPS-WACKY-PACKS-1ST-SERIES-LAVIRUS-MOUTHWASH-PSA-10-TAN-BACK-POP-1-/200660986381?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2eb853aa0d

The PSA 10 "Cents" he has is undoubtedly a wonder bread too, though there's no official way to prove that....

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-TOPPS-WACKY-PACKS-1ST-SERIES-LAVIRUS-MOUTHWASH-PSA-10-TAN-BACK-POP-1-/200660986381?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2eb853aa0d

The PSA 10 "Cents" he has is undoubtedly a wonder bread too, though there's no official way to prove that....

$2,000.00 for a couple of Wonderbreads?!!  That's funny.  I guess PSA would have to have both series to compare the die-cut patterns, but some may be too similar to discern.  What should they do if that's the case, list both possibilities on the info?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #626 on: October 13, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »

Unreal! Someone may bite but I think the people with deep pockets would know the difference.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »
Unreal! Someone may bite but I think the people with deep pockets would know the difference.

But even if they were legit S1 tanbacks would they be worth anywhere near that amount?  I don't think so.   

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #628 on: October 13, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
But even if they were legit S1 tanbacks would they be worth anywhere near that amount?  I don't think so.   

A lavirus 10? I have no idea what that would go for. I would assume about $600-$1000.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2011, 12:24:34 AM »