Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893270 times)

Offline hurricanes

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #455 on: June 12, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »
Interessting profit motive.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #456 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #457 on: June 14, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »
Uh...would you take 10 redaches for it? :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330524746292
so is this one the only known sealed copy, or is this the second one?
if it's the second, then it's just swill.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #458 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »
Uh...would you take 10 redaches for it? :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330524746292

Who searches eBay for Beatles albums. They're on iTunes now...LOL

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #459 on: June 15, 2011, 07:37:09 AM »
Perhaps some of these sellers are not nuts but extremely optimistic. Some of the prices certain individuals are hoping to get border on the line of insanity.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #460 on: July 11, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKS-VINTAGE-1979-CARDS-COMPLETE-SET-MINTY-/190554111108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5de8fc84

Where to begin? The $500 asking price for 27 re-issues? Or the description of three "complete" sets that seem to consist of 9 cards each?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #461 on: July 11, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKS-VINTAGE-1979-CARDS-COMPLETE-SET-MINTY-/190554111108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5de8fc84

Where to begin? The $500 asking price for 27 re-issues? Or the description of three "complete" sets that seem to consist of 9 cards each?

Ah, more used stickers up for bid!

Uncle Bill’s Fishing Gear should probably stick to selling rubber worms.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #462 on: July 11, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »
But, that's three complete puzzles...and they DO look quite minty.... lol.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #463 on: July 11, 2011, 06:16:34 PM »
But, that's three complete puzzles...and they DO look quite minty.... lol.

Oh, at least now I understand what he meant by complete sets.

Offline Kook

« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
Here are some nm stickers... just missing that pesky manufacturers border. Who needs that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970S-WACKY-PACK-STICKERS-68-TOTAL-NM-NO-BORDER-/270781892077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0bdbc5ed

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
Here are some nm stickers... just missing that pesky manufacturers border. Who needs that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970S-WACKY-PACK-STICKERS-68-TOTAL-NM-NO-BORDER-/270781892077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0bdbc5ed
Oh, and in case you forgot, the stickers are excellent, but the border that has the manufacturer's info on it is gone.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »

There're not even NM. Look at the pictures. The cards are all bent. He must mean just the stickers are NM...LOL

• Administrator
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2011, 05:19:58 PM »
There're not even NM. Look at the pictures. The cards are all bent. He must mean just the stickers are NM...LOL
man you guys are harsh. ;)
he says they are just "excellent condition" in the description.
I'm sure that the NM in the headline was just a typo.
just like that $49.99 starting price is surely a typo as well...

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #468 on: July 21, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2011, 06:41:45 AM »
All the shit she sells for pennys...and then theres this...http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-OLD-SCHOOL-SKETCH-SIMKO-GURGGLE-/160622709995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2565dc0ceb

I think the days of $100.00 Olds 2 basic sketches are over for sure. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #470 on: July 24, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »
Who searches eBay for Beatles albums. They're on iTunes now...LOL

Seen Beatles vinyl album in Best Buy recently.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
I didnt know where to put this, so i put it here.   This is off the hook. How the hell do these people do it? Cant there be a way to trip these people up? Better wrappers? A different way to pack them to mix up the packs? What The F#ck is going on here? Why are these people abale to get away with this? Hot packs? C'mon. This goes accross all sport and non-sport cards. This shit has got to stop!!!  I spend way to much money on this stuff the way it is, but now we have to get the picked over swill packs at most retail stores.  

The way i look at it i will prolly never buy a retail pack or box again. Or from any dealers that i dont personaly know. If these assholes are picking hot packs, then for sure they are grabbing the HOT BOXES.  BEWARE ALL BOXES ARE SUBJECT TOO!!

oops, forgot the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/50x-WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-FLASH-FOIL-PARALLEL-HOT-PACKS-/280714937507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415bea04a3
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:16:08 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
I didnt know where to put this, so i put it here.   This is off the hook. How the hell do these people do it? Cant there be a way to trip these people up? Better wrappers? A different way to pack them to mix up the packs? What The F#ck is going on here? Why are these people abale to get away with this? Hot packs? C'mon. This goes accross all sport and non-sport cards. This shit has got to stop!!!  I spend way to much money on this stuff the way it is, but now we have to get the picked over swill packs at most retail stores.  

The way i look at it i will prolly never buy a retail pack or box again. Or from any dealers that i dont personaly know. If these assholes are picking hot packs, then for sure they are grabbing the HOT BOXES.  BEWARE ALL BOXES ARE SUBJECT TOO!!

oops, forgot the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/50x-WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-FLASH-FOIL-PARALLEL-HOT-PACKS-/280714937507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415bea04a3

This same seller did this for series 7, and as far as I heard he was very accurate.  I don't know how he does it, but he has some sort of technique for it.

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »
This same seller did this for series 7, and as far as I heard he was very accurate.  I don't know how he does it, but he has some sort of technique for it.
I just opened 6 boxes from the case I ordered of ANS8, After the 1st box, I started keeping track of the non-base cards in each pack and the order out of the box. There is a definite pattern and once I open the first two packs on the left side of the box, I believe I can accurately predict the non-base cards in each pack for the rest of that box. I was very successfull at telling which packs would have magnets, silver foils and tags using this order method only  (no weighing or using a magnet, etc.). There appear to be at least 3 but perhaps 4 box configurations in a case. You can tell which box configuration once you open the first two packs. Each case may be layed out with boxes in the same combination order, I can't say. I think I can also predict which two boxes in a case may have a sketch or gold border from the first two packs and where the sketch or gold border will be in the box.  I have opened 6 of the 8 boxes and have gotten 1 gold border and 1 sketch card. I know one case is a small sample to make these claims but I have a hunch it holds true across cases. More detail laters.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »
I just opened 6 boxes from the case I ordered of ANS8, After the 1st box, I started keeping track of the non-base cards in each pack and the order out of the box. There is a definite pattern and once I open the first two packs on the left side of the box, I believe I can accurately predict the non-base cards in each pack for the rest of that box. I was very successfull at telling which packs would have magnets, silver foils and tags using this order method only  (no weighing or using a magnet, etc.). There appear to be at least 3 but perhaps 4 box configurations in a case. You can tell which box configuration once you open the first two packs. Each case may be layed out with boxes in the same combination order, I can't say. I think I can also predict which two boxes in a case may have a sketch or gold border from the first two packs and where the sketch or gold border will be in the box.  I have opened 6 of the 8 boxes and have gotten 1 gold border and 1 sketch card. I know one case is a small sample to make these claims but I have a hunch it holds true across cases. More detail laters.

This must be from those first 2 packs in the first box. I suspected this last series, but now it is confirmed. People buy cases, figure out the placings, grab the good card packs/boxes....then sell the rest as unsearched, but really the good stuff is gone.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »

This must be from those first 2 packs in the first box. I suspected this last series, but now it is confirmed. People buy cases, figure out the placings, grab the good card packs/boxes....then sell the rest as unsearched, but really the good stuff is gone.

I just went through 2 cases of 8 and I can tell you right now there is no way to predict position. There are some packs with just a silver and some packs that have both a silver and a tag.
There are boxes that both cards parallel to each other have the same bonus and there are some boxes that are totally random. There is no consistency with both of my boxes. I started to keep track but after the second box it was completely random. I don't know how he does it because I have tried to molest a pack to see through it but you can't because it faces the front of the wrapper and you can't see through the blue. I have no idea how he does it.

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
I just went through 2 cases of 8 and I can tell you right now there is no way to predict position. There are some packs with just a silver and some packs that have both a silver and a tag.
There are boxes that both cards parallel to each other have the same bonus and there are some boxes that are totally random. There is no consistency with both of my boxes. I started to keep track but after the second box it was completely random. I don't know how he does it because I have tried to molest a pack to see through it but you can't because it faces the front of the wrapper and you can't see through the blue. I have no idea how he does it.
I Went ahead and opend the last two boxes a little while ago. I was able to predict the non-base cards in each pack after opening the first two wrappers so I think there is something to it... it least within the case I had. Could be there are different box configurations in different cases but it becomes mind boggling if someone planned it that way. I did have one box of the 8 that was somewhat different than the others and seemed random. I thought at first I had mixed the packs up somehow but was cautious on what I did after the first box. My big mistake was taking the boxes out of the case before marking them in some way because I do not know which box was where in the case. I will try to make more sense of what I scribbled down tomorrow and post some type of summary then.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »

oops again: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-Bunch-Wacky-Packages-ANS-8-Packs-22-/180702607206?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a12b6f766

C'mon who sells 22 packs?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:03:10 PM by lucidjc »

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2011, 08:55:54 PM »
you guys are missing the obvious,,,it's all a scam and this guy has insider hookups.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »
you guys are missing the obvious,,,it's all a scam and this guy has insider hookups.

He knows something. I can't figure it out if it's true. If he has 50 packs that means it would take you 11 boxes just to pull 50 silver sketches. That's cheaper than buying a case.

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
He knows something. I can't figure it out if it's true. If he has 50 packs that means it would take you 11 boxes just to pull 50 silver sketches. That's cheaper than buying a case.

Okay, I looked at my notes I took while opening ANS8 packs yesterday and in the clear light of day, and the increased ability to generalize, it was even simpler than I thought. Seven of the Eight boxes in the case I received all followed a simple pattern in terms of the 2 non-base stickers in each pack. Let me describe the pattern then some words of clarification
----------------------------------
The Pattern.... (or PATTERN #1)
Pink border - Pack to the Future
Pink border - Magnet
Pink border - Movie
Sliver border - Pack to the Future
Pink border - Lenticular Tag
Pink border - Movie
repeat from top
-----------------------------------

Okay, hold with me... If I open a box there are two stacks of packs inside. The L-stack (left stack) and the R stack (right stack).  Both stacks repeat this same sequence but the top pack may start with any of the above six combinations shown
and then will follow the pattern from that point down (I will talk about the one box exception below).
   Some notes....
- There does not appear to be any correlation between the L-stack and R-stack (that is one stack does not start where the
   other stack leaves off... both stacks appear to be independent of one another, if that makes sense).
- My sketch card came in one of the Sliver border - Pack to the Future  packs as an extra card
- My gold border card came in one of the Pink border - Movie packs and replaced the pink border card.

EXCEPTION TO THE RULE
I did have one box that followed a different sequence than that above. Both stacks of packs in this box followed this sequence...
EXCEPTION Pattern.... (or PATTERN #2)
Pink border - Movie
Pink border - Magnet
Pink border - Movie
SILVER border - Lenticular Tag
repeat at top

CONCLUSIONS REACHED:
So there appears to be at least two patterns that the packs can be in, within a stack of packs in a box.
Since I only opened one case, I cannot tell if any boxes can have pattern 1 in one stack and pattern 2 in the other stack...
I did not find any that way. Perhaps there are other patterns but 14 of 16 stacks of packs I went through adhered to Pattern 1 and 2 of 16 stacks adhered to pattern 2. Interesting also that even the sketch and Gold border cards did not disrupt the patterns.  

A little later I will say more on how I think this lets you pick "hot packs" but I think it starts to become obvious.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:00:12 PM by sco(o)t »

• Administrator
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
Okay, I looked at my notes I took while opening ANS8 packs yesterday and in the clear light of day, and the increased ability to generalize, it was even simpler than I thought. Seven of the Eight boxes in the case I received all followed a simple pattern in terms of the 2 non-base stickers in each pack. Let me describe the pattern then some words of clarification
great work.
it looks like that 2nd pattern could have possibly just been caused by 2 pink cards getting stuck together and inserted into one pack and throwing things out of kilter. All the ordering of the inserts is the same, just shifted by 1.

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2011, 05:21:04 PM »
great work.
it looks like that 2nd pattern could have possibly just been caused by 2 pink cards getting stuck together and inserted into one pack and throwing things out of kilter. All the ordering of the inserts is the same, just shifted by 1.
I wondered the same thing as well. Brad mentioned opening packs with SILVER BORDER and tags as well.
So, if you open the first two packs in a stack you will be able to tell where you are in the pattern sequence.
I don't know about others, but my sketch card was in a SILVER BORDER - Future pack as an extra card.

If this holds true most of the time, the Silver Border - Future packs are the "hot packs" and can be pulled
from the boxes without opening. I did not find any pack stacks where the Silver border pack was the first or 2nd
pack. In fact, most of the time, the silver border packs were the forth or fifth pack so you can feel somewhat
confident, when you open the first two packs, to determine where you are in the pattern, that one won't be a silver border (hot pack).

This is my  best guess as how they are pulling the hot-packs.

Since I had only the one case, I have no idea whether box position in a case makes a difference (like are sketch cards located in the same positioned box, etc.). Other than that, I don't see a way to try to find Gold-border hot packs.

Would enjoy hearing anyone else's observations when opening (non bonus) boxes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:14:35 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline Crust

« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »
The Pattern.... (or PATTERN #1)
Pink border - Magnet
Pink border - Movie
Sliver border - Pack to the Future
Pink border - Lenticular Tag
Pink border - Movie
repeat from top

Okay, hold with me... If I open a box there are two stacks of packs inside. The L-stack (left stack) and the R stack (right stack).  Both stacks repeat this same sequence but the top pack may start with any of the above six combinations shown
and then will follow the pattern from that point down (I will talk about the one box exception below).
   Some notes....
- There does not appear to be any correlation between the L-stack and R-stack (that is one stack does not start where the
   other stack leaves off... both stacks appear to be independent of one another, if that makes sense).
- My sketch card came in one of the Sliver border - Pack to the Future  packs as an extra card
- My gold border card came in one of the Pink border - Movie packs and replaced the pink border card.

EXCEPTION TO THE RULE
I did have one box that followed a different sequence than that above. Both stacks of packs in this box followed this sequence...
EXCEPTION Pattern.... (or PATTERN #2)
Pink border - Movie
Pink border - Magnet
Pink border - Movie
SILVER border - Lenticular Tag
repeat at top

CONCLUSIONS REACHED:
So there appears to be at least two patterns that the packs can be in, within a stack of packs in a box.
Since I only opened one case, I cannot tell if any boxes can have pattern 1 in one stack and pattern 2 in the other stack...
I did not find any that way. Perhaps there are other patterns but 14 of 16 stacks of packs I went through adhered to Pattern 1 and 2 of 16 stacks adhered to pattern 2. Interesting also that even the sketch and Gold border cards did not disrupt the patterns.  

A little later I will say more on how I think this lets you pick "hot packs" but I think it starts to become obvious.

Science experiment WackyPack style! :D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2011, 06:36:44 PM »
I wondered the same thing as well. Brad mentioned opening packs with SILVER BORDER and tags as well.
So, if you open the first two packs in a stack you will be able to tell where you are in the pattern sequence.
I don't know about others, but my sketch card was in a SILVER BORDER - Future pack as an extra card.

If this holds true most of the time, the Silver Border - Future packs are the "hot packs" and can be pulled
from the boxes without opening. I did not find any pack stacks where the Silver border pack was the first or 2nd
pack. In fact, most of the time, the silver border packs were the forth or fifth pack so you can feel somewhat
confident, when you open the first two packs, to determine where you are in the pattern, that one won't be a silver border (hot pack).

This is my  best guess as how they are pulling the hot-packs.

Since I had but the one case, I have not idea whether box position in a case makes a difference (like are sketch cards located in the same positioned box, etc.). Other than that, I don't see a way to try to find Gold-border hot packs.

Would enjoy hearing anyone else's observations when opening (non bonus) boxes.

Great work Scot, the guy who had the system of hot packs didn't claim that they contained golds, right?  I thought that he was saying there would either be a silver or gold inside.

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »
Great work Scot, the guy who had the system of hot packs didn't claim that they contained golds, right?  I thought that he was saying there would either be a silver or gold inside.

Or a sketch if it holds true, like mine, that sketches are in silver border packs. Haven't heard from anyone else who pulled a sketch yet, however.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »
Great work Scot, the guy who had the system of hot packs didn't claim that they contained golds, right?  I thought that he was saying there would either be a silver or gold inside.

I do believe this guy offered both Gold and Sketch HOT packs for ANS 7.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:56:15 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2011, 03:21:18 AM »
I do believe this guy offered both Glod and Sketch HOT packs for ANS 7.

No I don't think so - i think he olny stated silver definitely and alluded to a gold..he never stated sketches???

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2011, 05:24:07 AM »
No I don't think so - i think he olny stated silver definitely and alluded to a gold..he never stated sketches???

The seller allproductssoldhere  has the following phrasing on his/her listing:

"Each pack is Factory Sealed and Guaranteed to contain a FLASH FOIL Parallel card!
Look for Possible Gold Flash Foil cards!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/50x-WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-FLASH-FOIL-HOT-PACKS-Gold-LOT-/270790745867?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c62df0b

Very noncommital verbage on the Gold foils. When openening the last two boxes, my son and I
were able to successfully pull what we thought the four packs contain silver foils would be and set to the side. We opened these last and had "questimated" successfully. The down side, its a bit like a magic trick... once you know how they do it, it removes the element of wonder.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:27:53 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »

Yes, he did offer a sketch pack. Of all the other hot packs, thats the one i remember well! Wondering how he did it. I believe he offered it at a buy it now for something like $350 or $400.