Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893344 times)

Offline CanadianClod

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
He probably just keeps upping his bid slightly until he reaches the highest bidder status.  Maybe he doesn't realize it won't automatically go to his max bid, so he thinks he saving money. 

hence the term "newbie"  ;)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #422 on: May 31, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
Nice little markup on this item...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280687825866&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_777wt_922

But you get all three variations!  Seriously though, I guess that this represents the only three varieties of TRU blister packs that were made?  These are the only combinations that I ever saw in the store.  Were there any others that anyone knows of?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #423 on: May 31, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
But you get all three variations!  Seriously though, I guess that this represents the only three varieties of TRU blister packs that were made?  These are the only combinations that I ever saw in the store.  Were there any others that anyone knows of?

Those are the only three variations I encountered in the wild but probably only saw 12 or so total blisters at TRU.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #425 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2011, 05:50:37 AM »
This struck me as odd and nuts in a way: 24 of them? Someone really liked that one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Wacky-Packages-1st-Series-Cloth-Weakies-Stickers-/300453765325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f470a0cd

I've seen that auction several times over the past couple years.  it's really bizarre.  First of all who would want that many of the same title?  It's no wonder he can't sell them.  And how the heck did someone get so many of the same title?  It looks like a sheet of Weakies was cut-up!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2011, 10:30:24 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-POSTER-SERIES-1-16-BOXES-/190540807390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5d1dfcde

Only double what Greg is charging for these on his page.
Are these sheets authorized reproductions of topps licensed images?  Turbo has a right to make a profit if he wants, just wondering if greg appreciates that they are being advertised on ebay to get Topps attention to them.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
Are these sheets authorized reproductions of topps licensed images?  Turbo has a right to make a profit if he wants, just wondering if greg appreciates that they are being advertised on ebay to get Topps attention to them.

I think Greg sold them to Shawn (Turbo).  I would assume Greg knows that he would sell them on ebay but I can't say for certain. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
I think Greg sold them to Shawn (Turbo).  I would assume Greg knows that he would sell them on ebay but I can't say for certain. 

I didn't even know about them until you posted about the auction. I'm sure there are quite a few collectors that don't know about those either.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »
I didn't even know about them until you posted about the auction. I'm sure there are quite a few collectors that don't know about those either.

I did the printing of them, and I had 3 of them rolled up to take home with me, and when I got out of the car I tried to carry too much stuff in one trip and crimped the roll so all 3 are ruined.  Now I have none! 

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
Just was curious what others thought about this auction.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »
I think this seller sold it already a few weeks ago for 1200.  I believe this same charade with a mysterious newly created id whose first item for sale was a redache played out a year or so ago too.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »

I think his price is obviously insanely high, and even if it wasn't, does he actually think that someone would pay thousands of dollars to a seller with only 1 feedback?  Talk about risky.  It could easily be a back from a more common title stuck on it too.  You can't really see that from a small pic.

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
I think his price is obviously insanely high, and even if it wasn't, does he actually think that someone would pay thousands of dollars to a seller with only 1 feedback?  Talk about risky.  It could easily be a back from a more common title stuck on it too.  You can't really see that from a small pic.

Whats really happening with this auction is that the seller is going to feel out the highest "Best Offer" prices and do a deal off e-bay.

Often time sellers post their goods for stupid high prices that no-body will buy, just to do their deals from the contact seller messages they receive from serious interest who are willing to pay what they seller might really consider.

My thoughts.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
He just got his negative for welching on selling the bandache first time around.  If I were that buyer, I would take him to court as ebay auctions are binding contracts.  Ironically the person who got screwed uses "band-ache" as his ebay id which many people mistakenly think is me.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
He just got his negative for welching on selling the bandache first time around.  If I were that buyer, I would take him to court as ebay auctions are binding contracts.  Ironically the person who got screwed uses "band-ache" as his ebay id which many people mistakenly think is me.

His next auction will probably be a one of a kind, 'never before seen' red ludlow cracked animals 1967 diecut unpunched and unstuck. He'll say Topps made one of these by mistake and thought they threw it away, but I pulled it out that trash and kept it until today, when I decided to put it up on e-bay.

Seriously, why would anyone fire all of their guns at once when they have 0 credibility on the feedback score? Iiii-yahy-yhiii
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »
Sorry didn't pay attention to the zero feedback.

This clown is a Clown.

Whoever doesn't buy this can always item significantly not as described when the back is false.

You never know though. E-bay is so tight anymore , easily granting refunds. Why would you bother unless you had the goods.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
I think this seller sold it already a few weeks ago for 1200.  I believe this same charade with a mysterious newly created id whose first item for sale was a redache played out a year or so ago too.

2 things, how did this clown get his feedback knocked back to 0? And 2nd,  from the first auction--"there is a very small crease on the left top corner, the colors are vivid and bright, there is a small stain on the back of the sticker. 2nd auction--"it’s in near flawless condition with the adhesive still enacted on the back with no crease's or rips."

same card? or does this guy have a stack of them? or did he steamroll it and use a tide stain stick?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »

did he steamroll it and use a tide stain stick?

LOL

Offline bandaches

« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »

2 things, how did this clown get his feedback knocked back to 0? And 2nd,  from the first auction--"there is a very small crease on the left top corner, the colors are vivid and bright, there is a small stain on the back of the sticker. 2nd auction--"it’s in near flawless condition with the adhesive still enacted on the back with no crease's or rips."

same card? or does this guy have a stack of them? or did he steamroll it and use a tide stain stick?
As I already mentioned, he received a negative feedback for welching the first time he "sold" this redache so that brings his feedback to 0.

« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
Where are the Wacky police?!?!?!  This is not a re-stick.  This loser has 4 Ludlow auctions all with the same red back pattern!!!  http://shop.ebay.com/retro_wackys_and_wheels/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

This is horrible!!  And he has an offer on the Band-Ache.  Has anybody contacted this crook?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #442 on: June 08, 2011, 05:40:21 AM »
Where are the Wacky police?!?!?!  This is not a re-stick.  This loser has 4 Ludlow auctions all with the same red back pattern!!!  http://shop.ebay.com/retro_wackys_and_wheels/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

This is horrible!!  And he has an offer on the Band-Ache.  Has anybody contacted this crook?

Wow, that's solid circumstantial evidence that they are all fakes.  Well, buyer beware I guess.  

This card could be bought by an honest seller, and then years later end up on ebay looking like the real deal.  Not good for the hobby.  I'm going to question this guy about them. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:43:00 AM by Dr Popper »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #443 on: June 08, 2011, 05:42:42 AM »
Nice catch. I didn't even notice he had other auctions up, but I did notice that the back of the Band-Ache just doesn't look right for a 1st series ludlow. I'm not enough of a ludlow expert to be sure, but it just looks like a 2nd ludlow back to me.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #444 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:13 AM »
I'm kind of wondering how he has both the front and back shown in what appears to be the same pic.  Looks like he's using the same back in all the scans with the different titles.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:56:51 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #445 on: June 08, 2011, 06:00:43 AM »
Nice catch. I didn't even notice he had other auctions up, but I did notice that the back of the Band-Ache just doesn't look right for a 1st series ludlow. I'm not enough of a ludlow expert to be sure, but it just looks like a 2nd ludlow back to me.

After doing some research I retract this statement. My recollection was that the pinkish backs were mostly only 2nds, but that appears to be false.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #446 on: June 08, 2011, 07:15:27 AM »
Where are the Wacky police?!?!?!  This is not a re-stick.  This loser has 4 Ludlow auctions all with the same red back pattern!!!  http://shop.ebay.com/retro_wackys_and_wheels/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

This is horrible!!  And he has an offer on the Band-Ache.  Has anybody contacted this crook?
I wrote these off as fake when he first sold the Band-ache a couple of weeks ago.  This is probably just a new ebay id for an old crook in the hobby.  I am fairly certain one of the previous rounds of trying to sell fake luds, this person's first auction was also a red-ache and the story was that it was an estate find....really?  What are the odds of finding a red-ache in an estate find and that is your first ebay auction you have ever run?

Anyone have the seller's contact info?  I wrote to Rondell who won the Lavirus from him hoping to get some info.  Maybe it will turn out the seller was just lazy and reused the back of one title but everything still smells bad here.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #447 on: June 09, 2011, 10:52:09 AM »
I'm kind of wondering how he has both the front and back shown in what appears to be the same pic.  Looks like he's using the same back in all the scans with the different titles.

Here was his response to me when I questioned him about having the same backs.............

"What happened was when I scanned the image of the wacky's I did not think the backing would matter therefore I used the card for all of them so yes you are correct but I did post new and clearer images to fit this item so that is what you will be getting".

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #448 on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »

And here was his response when I questioned why he had negative feedback and was listing it again................

"What happened was there was a discrepancy when I listed the item with the price and I tried to explain that to the buyer but he was disgruntled over my mistake when I listed it, people do make mistakes and I obviously did here but I am open to offers to, maybe I wont get 12,000 dollars for it but that doesn?t stop you from making an offer on something that you may want that I have. Thanks for your time to write to me".

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #449 on: June 09, 2011, 12:06:24 PM »
Here was his response to me when I questioned him about having the same backs.............

"What happened was when I scanned the image of the wacky's I did not think the backing would matter therefore I used the card for all of them so yes you are correct but I did post new and clearer images to fit this item so that is what you will be getting".

So he didn't think it would matter if to the buyer if it was a "full camel" or not?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
So he didn't think it would matter if to the buyer if it was a "full camel" or not?

lol

At least the adhesive is still enacted.

. . . it’s in near flawless condition with the adhesive still enacted on the back with no crease's or rips.

Does that qualify as a Freudian slip?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #451 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
And here was his response when I questioned why he had negative feedback and was listing it again................

"What happened was there was a discrepancy when I listed the item with the price and I tried to explain that to the buyer but he was disgruntled over my mistake when I listed it, people do make mistakes and I obviously did here but I am open to offers to, maybe I wont get 12,000 dollars for it but that doesn?t stop you from making an offer on something that you may want that I have. Thanks for your time to write to me".
I traded emails with Rondell who won the Larvius lud and Rondell says the back of his lud is different than the scans to it is clear this seller was too lazy to scan the backs of the actual cards.  This doesn't change the fact that the seller welched on this ebay auction to sell the red-ache first time around and that it is very interesting that the first items a brand new ebayer has happens to be series 1 red ludlows.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2011, 07:09:30 AM »

I can't say I've ever seen this before....................

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
That is too funny!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #454 on: June 12, 2011, 02:31:50 PM »
I can't say I've ever seen this before....................
It's a "used" card? What did he use it for? Yikes.