Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893086 times)

Offline quas

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #2415 on: February 25, 2021, 12:13:34 PM »
Marc

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #2416 on: February 25, 2021, 12:22:10 PM »
Given who listed it, I think it absolutely has to be a joke!
  Hey Marc,.. and who would that be?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2417 on: February 25, 2021, 01:33:29 PM »
  Hey Marc,.. and who would that be?

It was me, and I made a mistake with the picture.  The listing is down now, and I will fix it later.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #2418 on: February 25, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
It was me, and I made a mistake with the picture.  The listing is down now, and I will fix it later.

Congrats, you made it to the "Are these people NUTS???" topic.   :] :] :]

P.S. I know you aren't nuts....I think.  >:D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2419 on: February 26, 2021, 12:40:55 AM »
Congrats, you made it to the "Are these people NUTS???" topic.   :] :] :]

P.S. I know you aren't nuts....I think.  >:D

An experience I hope will not be repeated.  :sad:

I am mostly just TIRED.  But, I admit, I am a little nuts, and I don't think that was really a secret.  :P

Offline freetoes

« Reply #2420 on: February 26, 2021, 08:56:39 PM »
This is the thread that just keeps on giving, more than 20 years and thousands of posts since its original incarnation on Delphi. Not bad, considering the question seems to have been resolved long ago. (Except in your case, of course :) I look forward to another two decades of fun reading here.

Offline drono

« Reply #2421 on: February 27, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
Should I complain to seller about this scenario?

I bought a Wacky Mini off eBay, and the seller charged $3.95 for shipping.  Instead of going to the post office and shipping it with proper postage, the seller just put it in a plain envelope and stuck two $0.55 stamps on it.  So when it arrived, I had to pay $2.90 in postage due to get it because the envelope was bulging.  So I feel like I paid almost $7 to ship a $1 mini.  I definitely won't buy from that seller again.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2422 on: February 27, 2021, 09:41:37 AM »

I bought a Wacky Mini off eBay, and the seller charged $3.95 for shipping.  Instead of going to the post office and shipping it with proper postage, the seller just put it in a plain envelope and stuck two $0.55 stamps on it.  So when it arrived, I had to pay $2.90 in postage due to get it because the envelope was bulging.  So I feel like I paid almost $7 to ship a $1 mini.  I definitely won't buy from that seller again.

I think you should complain and ask for at least a $3 refund. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:47:54 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #2423 on: February 27, 2021, 01:02:24 PM »
An experience I hope will not be repeated.  :sad:

I am mostly just TIRED.  But, I admit, I am a little nuts, and I don't think that was really a secret.  :P

I'm tired from so many demands from work, and have posted things here and other places and unfortunately at work, where I thought afterwards - DID I POST THAT???!!!
A

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2424 on: February 27, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »
I'm tired from so many demands from work, and have posted things here and other places and unfortunately at work, where I thought afterwards - DID I POST THAT???!!!
A
I know exactly what you mean.  When mental fatigue is a factor, mistakes will follow.  Swiski just noted that Dr Nest’s toothbrush had to be shortened for the parody to work in the 2”x3” card format, and I took his comment to mean that the image wasn’t distorted nearly enough to optimally fill the space, and posted accordingly. Where did I get that from?  Misreading his comment?  My own opinion of the parody?  Or end of a long work week?  I believe a combination of all three, plus the tendency sometimes to not read something carefully enough to ensure you really understand the comment.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2425 on: February 27, 2021, 02:58:57 PM »
I think you should complain and ask for at least a $3 refund.
I concur, you already paid an appropriate amount for the shipping, the seller stiffed the shipping (USPS?) company, you shouldn't have to cover that. Is it worth your time? That's up to you to decide...

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2426 on: February 28, 2021, 04:24:51 AM »

The post office does postage due and sticks it on the receiver?I thought they just wouldn't deliver it in the first place.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2427 on: February 28, 2021, 04:41:39 AM »
The post office does postage due and sticks it on the receiver?I thought they just wouldn't deliver it in the first place.

That's what I thought, too.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2428 on: February 28, 2021, 09:21:08 AM »

First, agree with recent posts that charging the receiver additional postage is unheard of.  Shipment should have bounced back to the sender for insufficient postage.

Even more surprising is, where do they come up with $2.90?  The so-called ‘bulging package’ should only involve the non-machinable surcharge, which is no more than 70 cents I believe.  A single mini is definitely within the weight limit for a forever stamp, so the postage should only be 15 cents short by my estimation.

Offline Kook

« Reply #2429 on: February 28, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »

I think that if you refuse to pay, they will return to sender. If you want the package, they offer the receiver the option to square the account by paying the postage due.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:44:04 AM by Kook »

Offline Kook

« Reply #2430 on: February 28, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
First, agree with recent posts that charging the receiver additional postage is unheard of.  Shipment should have bounced back to the sender for insufficient postage.

Even more surprising is, where do they come up with $2.90?  The so-called ‘bulging package’ should only involve the non-machinable surcharge, which is no more than 70 cents I believe.  A single mini is definitely within the weight limit for a forever stamp, so the postage should only be 15 cents short by my estimation.

I believe this is the difference between first class letter & first class parcel. There is an issue with the thickness of the item. I'm not sure of the exact rules, but as soon as you cross from a letter to a parcel the fee jumps from $0.55 to I think minimum is $4.00 for first class parcel less than 5 oz.

Per USPS:
* Letters that meet one or more of the nonmachinable characteristics in DMM 101.1.2 are subject to the $0.20 nonmachinable surcharge.

* Large envelope-sized pieces that are rigid, nonrectangular, or not uniformly thick pay parcel prices.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c038

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:48:17 AM by Kook »

Offline Kook

« Reply #2431 on: February 28, 2021, 09:56:12 AM »

Here, the seller obviously knows the rates, and is charging you the correct price for 1st class parcel and is then turning around and trying to beat you or USPS by playing "dumb." You paid the full postage & the seller tried to game the system. IMO the seller is totally responsible, but as someone else mentioned, how much of your effort do you want to put in to recouping your loss.

You could email ebay or threaten to (or just) leave negative feedback. Maybe if the seller sees you got stuck with the bill & potentially gets called out with negative feedback he may issue you a refund. Technically, he has the money to do so since he underpaid the USPS what was owed and you paid the full amount.

BTW, did you message the seller about the issue and ask him to make it right?

Offline drono

« Reply #2432 on: February 28, 2021, 03:28:42 PM »
BTW, did you message the seller about the issue and ask him to make it right?

Actually I didn't have to.  He saw this on the forum and sent me a refund.

I've never left negative feedback on eBay before and didn't intend to this time either - actually I had already left positive feedback for the seller.  I always contact the seller directly before opening a case with eBay out of common courtesy.  In this case, I was going to just forget the loss.  If I had contacted the seller, it again would have been out of courtesy to let him know that it happened so he could avoid paying too little postage to others.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 03:30:35 PM by drono »

Offline drono

« Reply #2433 on: February 28, 2021, 03:35:53 PM »
I think that if you refuse to pay, they will return to sender. If you want the package, they offer the receiver the option to square the account by paying the postage due.

This is the second time it's happened to me - different sellers.  The post office puts one of those little pink stickers on your door to let you know that you owe postage.  If you refuse, then it gets sent back to the seller.  If the seller refuses to pay the postage, then it just goes into the dead letter file.  I didn't really want to deal with that hassle.  The mail delivery has been inconsistent lately, so I wasn't sure if I'd even get it back even if the seller had paid.

Offline drono

« Reply #2434 on: February 28, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »
This is off topic in this thread, but I'm having another issue with eBay now.  I won this auction 2-1/2 hours ago, and it's still not giving me an option to pay.  It's also not showing up in my summary page as needing to pay.  Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Offline Kook

« Reply #2435 on: February 28, 2021, 04:24:57 PM »
This is the second time it's happened to me - different sellers.  The post office puts one of those little pink stickers on your door to let you know that you owe postage.  If you refuse, then it gets sent back to the seller.  If the seller refuses to pay the postage, then it just goes into the dead letter file.  I didn't really want to deal with that hassle.  The mail delivery has been inconsistent lately, so I wasn't sure if I'd even get it back even if the seller had paid.

Funny, the only time I have ever heard of Postage Due was in seeing the Postage Due stamps when I collected stamps as a kid. I haven't heard the term since. Did you have to pay the letter carrier or do you have to go into the post office and claim the package at the counter?

Offline Kook

« Reply #2436 on: February 28, 2021, 04:27:09 PM »
This is off topic in this thread, but I'm having another issue with eBay now.  I won this auction 2-1/2 hours ago, and it's still not giving me an option to pay.  It's also not showing up in my summary page as needing to pay.  Has anyone had this happen to them before?

This has happened to me once before, years ago. It happened when the seller's account was suspended, and ebay gave me the option of paying or not. The screen looked a little different.

Are you able to message the seller? there may be an issue with the seller's account or the auction may have been flagged for some reason.

Offline drono

« Reply #2437 on: February 28, 2021, 06:39:02 PM »
Did you have to pay the letter carrier or do you have to go into the post office and claim the package at the counter?

The pink slip lets you reschedule delivery just like a package that requires a signature, but the letter carrier had it the next day, so I gave him the money.  Another option was to go to a local sorting facility to pick it up.  I've had to do that before on items that required signatures.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:43:03 PM by drono »

Offline drono

« Reply #2438 on: February 28, 2021, 06:42:15 PM »
Are you able to message the seller? there may be an issue with the seller's account or the auction may have been flagged for some reason.

I messaged the seller to let him know that I didn't  have a pay now button.  I got an email from eBay to pay about 4 hours later, the pay now button was there, and it showed up in my purchases.  I've had this happen a few times before, always on a bidding item, but usually the pay now button shows up after refreshing the page a few times.  I typically don't bid until the last few seconds, and I like to pay right away, so it was frustrating to have to wait 4 hours.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2439 on: April 01, 2021, 04:43:42 PM »

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #2440 on: April 01, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Topps-wacky-Packages-Series-2-checklist-blank-back-Rare/233949517388

And yet another.
White back Reissues are hard to find for sure. I have several and am always looking to buy more but this is so goofy it just makes me laugh.
This is listed as a white "back" when its really a white "front" and only because he peeled the sticker off. Man ....just too funny.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2441 on: April 01, 2021, 06:46:08 PM »
How do you peal a sticker off the checklist?...I'm confused...
My guess is seller is trying to push the notion that the front (sticker side) being plain white is some sort of printing or production error and therefore valuable as an ‘error’ card, when in fact it’s just a peeled Reissue card.  You can see the die-cut for chrissake.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2442 on: April 11, 2021, 11:15:40 AM »
Actually I didn't have to.  He saw this on the forum and sent me a refund.

I've never left negative feedback on eBay before and didn't intend to this time either - actually I had already left positive feedback for the seller.  I always contact the seller directly before opening a case with eBay out of common courtesy.  In this case, I was going to just forget the loss.  If I had contacted the seller, it again would have been out of courtesy to let him know that it happened so he could avoid paying too little postage to others.
That was very sporting of him.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #2443 on: April 29, 2021, 01:34:44 AM »
PLEASE tell me that THIS is not the going rate for a PSA-10 1982 sticker now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224433230591?hash=item34414352ff:g:v-0AAOSwyWVgf1Ur

The PSA stuff already seems astronomical for 1-16 stuff, but if things go this direction, my old collection would be worth millions (if I still had it all).  Crazy stuff.

Offline quas

« Reply #2444 on: April 29, 2021, 02:55:56 AM »

The PSA stuff already seems astronomical for 1-16 stuff, but if things go this direction, my old collection would be worth millions (if I still had it all).  Crazy stuff.

I think you'd only pay that much for a PSA 10 1982 Playbug if you're an heir to the Hugh Hefner estate.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:19:30 AM by quas »
Marc

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2445 on: April 29, 2021, 05:49:17 AM »

Asking prices have never been an indication of value, actual sale prices are.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline drono

« Reply #2446 on: May 24, 2021, 09:01:43 AM »
I really love the audacity of this seller.  Charging $1,450 for what he deems to be a gem mint 10/10, but it's not graded.  BTW, a near mint range for this card is only $25-40 in the latest guide.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353508131019

What takes the cake for me is his description:

1972 Terry Bradshaw #150 GEM MINT 10/10 CONDITION VERY RARE Topps Football Card. Condition is "Like New". Shipped with USPS First Class.
Note: Card does not come in hard plastic case, it is shipped in a soft protective sleeve.

If I were to buy something for $1,450, and you were going to charge me $9.00 for shipping, it better be shipped in something other than a soft protective sleeve using USPS First Class.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #2447 on: May 24, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »
I really love the audacity of this seller.  Charging $1,450 for what he deems to be a gem mint 10/10, but it's not graded.  BTW, a near mint range for this card is only $25-40 in the latest guide.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353508131019

What takes the cake for me is his description:  Yes that is some serious audacity to say no hard sleeve will be a part of that sale.  I always take note of the sellers with no clue so thankyou for the heads up.

1972 Terry Bradshaw #150 GEM MINT 10/10 CONDITION VERY RARE Topps Football Card. Condition is "Like New". Shipped with USPS First Class.
Note: Card does not come in hard plastic case, it is shipped in a soft protective sleeve.

If I were to buy something for $1,450, and you were going to charge me $9.00 for shipping, it better be shipped in something other than a soft protective sleeve using USPS First Class.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2448 on: May 24, 2021, 12:11:48 PM »

Hey, did you forget what you were going to say?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2449 on: May 24, 2021, 12:28:03 PM »
Hey, did you forget what you were going to say?

“Yes that is some serious audacity to say no hard sleeve will be a part of that sale.  I always take note of the sellers with no clue so thankyou for the heads up.”