Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 156098 times)

Offline mallomartian

Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »
I picked some packs up today at target - in manalapan nj and they still have a bunch left @1.99
edison had nothing and milltown had a empty feed  :sad:
walmart in edison had nothing

I opened one pack and I was not as impressed as I thought I would be
everyones descriptions did better justice than the eraser itself
I just thought they would be more 3D than this.
the prickles is just a tube shape, ditz is a rectangle and jelly belly is a smaller rectangle
maybe the cans and candy have more details, or at least thats what is seems from the pics.
I do like the mini stickers
I could see them growing on me though...
and I put one in my nieces b-day giftbag with some other wacky items- I know she will love them

Offline mallomartian

« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
okay I opened two more packs. the soda cans and the candy/cookies package look way better

Im liking them better and its something to do while waiting for oldsII to arrive... :great:

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
milltown had a empty feed  :sad:

Sorry, my son bought all of them!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »
In the northern Chicago area (Lake County IL) I went to 4 Targets and got around 75 packages.  Haven't opened them yet (working a lot), however I am looking forward to opening them tonight.  At all of the Targets the price charged was 1.99 per pack (minus the 5% with the Target card)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »

Yeah, but he didn't take the empty gravity feed?  Doesn't he know those'll be worth a few dollars some day?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »
In the northern Chicago area (Lake County IL) I went to 4 Targets and got around 75 packages.  Haven't opened them yet (working a lot), however I am looking forward to opening them tonight.  At all of the Targets the price charged was 1.99 per pack (minus the 5% with the Target card)

Wow, 75 packs!  You're going to have fun opening them.  I hope the collation works out for you.

By the way, is the Target card simply a store credit card in which EVERY purchase is 5% off?  I've seen ads, but that deal almost sounded too good to be true.  I do like Target and shop there pretty often, so perhaps I should look into getting one of those cards.

And on another off-topic question, where do you live in Lake County?  I'm from Deerfield originally and my parents now live in Lake Bluff.

« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »
I'm sure most of you know of these and probably use them but here's a good storage case for the erasers.  

I found the perfect display box for the erasers, but it is pricy.  I found it at Michael's.  It is called a 10" x 13" The Collector Box.  It is marked at $39.99 BUT is currently 40% off; so it is closer to $24.00.  The box has 12 individual cubicles that can hold 2 erasers each (24 total).  It can be displayed horizontally (3 rows of 4) or vertically (4 rows of 3).  I like the horizontal better. (No jokes please).  There is glass on front of the box as well to keep dust out.  It kind of looks like a shadow box with 12 compartments.  My only problem is I still need that darn #17 Slacker Jack before I seal up the back.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:39:25 AM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2011, 06:29:15 PM »
I found the perfect display box for the erasers, but it is pricy.  I found it at Michael's.  It is called a 10" x 13" The Collector Box.  It is marked at $39.99 BUT is currently 40% off; so it is closer to $24.00.  The box has 12 individual cubicles that can hold 2 erasers each (24 total).  It can be displayed horizontally (3 rows of 4) or vertically (4 rows of 3).  I like the horizontal better. (No jokes please).  To hold up the odd shaped erasers, I bought HandiTak (also at Michael's). Teachers use it to attach papers to the wall, I used a strip and bent it up to hold the erasers 8, 15, 18, 20 and 22 up or from rolling backwards.  I do not have a picture, but it looks great.  There is glass on front of the box as well to keep dust out.  It kind of looks like a shadow box with 12 compartments.  My only problem is I still need that darn #17 Slacker Jack before I seal up the back.
This must be it....  

http://www.michaels.com/The-Collector%E2%80%99s-Box/fr0507,default,pd.html?cgid=products-framing-displaycases&start=1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:32:45 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
Now I understand what they mean by "mystery" erasers. They're from the regular set, you just don't know which ones they'll be until you open the pack. I was hoping for more titles.

My 1st impression of the "mystery" erasures were that they'd be different titles outside of the set. Now I get it, "mystery" because you cannot see them like the others through the blister. But wouldn't that make the other packs that are sold from the gravity feeds TOTAL "mystery" packs? I dont know what they should have called the other erasures that you can not see, maybe they could of just said
 + 3 more?...
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »
eraser =

erasure = 80's synth pop band

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
I found the perfect display box for the erasers, but it is pricy.  I found it at Michael's.  It is called a 10" x 13" The Collector Box.  It is marked at $39.99 BUT is currently 40% off; so it is closer to $24.00.  The box has 12 individual cubicles that can hold 2 erasers each (24 total).  It can be displayed horizontally (3 rows of 4) or vertically (4 rows of 3).  I like the horizontal better. (No jokes please).  To hold up the odd shaped erasers, I bought HandiTak (also at Michael's). Teachers use it to attach papers to the wall, I used a strip and bent it up to hold the erasers 8, 15, 18, 20 and 22 up or from rolling backwards.  I do not have a picture, but it looks great.  There is glass on front of the box as well to keep dust out.  It kind of looks like a shadow box with 12 compartments.  My only problem is I still need that darn #17 Slacker Jack before I seal up the back.
Just a heads-up.....I found out the hard way with some old rock posters I hung up in the 90's that the blue HandiTak stuff can leave oil-like stains on paper.
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2011, 03:05:12 AM »
Anyone have a title list? I see 18 different ones in the pics.

Hi Everyone,

Here is the complete 24 Erasers checklist:

"COMMONS":

#1 "Boreo" cookies, #2 Cap'n Crutch" cereal, #3 "Cave Man Wich" sloppy joe mix, #4 "Creeps" (Peeps candy), #5 Dead Bull" (non-energy drink), #6 De-Mented Tomatoes" (only eraser from the original 1964? series), #7 "Ditz" crackers, #8 "Drool Aid" drink mix, #9 "Fool" iced tea, #10 "Frosted Snakes" cereal, #11, "Geek Giant" (Pea Wees) canned vegetables, #12 "Jelly Bully" candy jelly beans, #13 "Lapton" tea bags, #14 "Mice Krispies" cereal, #15 "Miniature Maid" orange juice mix, #16 "Prickles" canned potato chips, #17 "Slacker Jack" peanut and popcorn candy, #18 "Sour Puss" candy, #19 "Spite" soda can, #20 "Zit Kat" candy bar

RARE VERSIONS:

#21 "Mtn. Dude" soda, #22 "Chimps Ahoy" cookies, #23 "Sneez-It" crackers, and #24 "Just For Wolfmen" hair coloring

FYI - I have all of the individual eraser with matching sticker cards, empty gravity feed boxes, a Completed 24 count set with all 24 matching sticker cards, and sealed packs available for sale on eBay.  But, I can give you a better price for forum members.  Please contact me either through messaging on the forum or directly through my e-mail address at: michaelsfossils@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Michael

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2011, 04:21:52 AM »
I cleaned out Princeton.

DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »
Just a heads-up.....I found out the hard way with some old rock posters I hung up in the 90's that the blue HandiTak stuff can leave oil-like stains on paper.

I will check out the Micheals Box.  How about using a small piece of bubble wrapped to put behind the erasers to keep them in position without sticking something like Handitak on them?

DrDeal

« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2011, 05:29:24 AM »

I have it behind them holding them up. I will use something else if it can stain. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:32:26 AM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2011, 05:34:44 AM »
I will check out the Micheals Box.  How about using a small piece of bubble wrapped to put behind the erasers to keep them in position without sticking something like Handitak on them?

DrDeal

Thanks for the tip.

Taz

« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2011, 07:12:11 AM »
I have it behind them holding them up. I will use something else if it can stain. Thanks.

OK here is an oddball idea I heard of someone doing years ago when they were trying to figure a way to prop up their miniatures while painting them. Purchase a pack of those portable plastic U-shaped flossing tools, cut the string and prop the item between the opening an either tape, velcro, pin or if you wish glue the back end of the tool to the frame itself.  This would act like a prop stand and keep the item from moving. I'm sure this may be time consuming or just not the look you are going for but it's worth a shot if you come up with no alternative measure.  Have you tried searching online for miniature stands, something they use for tiny plates or collectibles?

I have used this place before when purchasing cabinets for my sportscards and wackys.  They have doors that open so you can move items around, take a look:
http://www.sfdisplay.com/mirrorbackand4glassshelvesshotglassdisplaycasecabinet.aspx

They even have a thimble case, you could lean the erasers just a bit, take a look:
http://www.sfdisplay.com/59openingthimblesmallminiaturedisplaycasecabinet.aspx
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:19:12 AM by Taz »

Offline emoticon

« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »
I cleaned out Princeton.

DrDeal

You're the one? I was there yesterday afternoon looking for them. I was with my mom who could see my disappointment. On her way home she stopped at the E. Windsor Target and found a full gravity feed. She bought 15 so there should be some left. Yes...I'm 45 and my mom still buys me Wacky Packages.

« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »
I have used this place before when purchasing cabinets for my sportscards and wackys.  They have doors that open so you can move items around, take a look:
http://www.sfdisplay.com/mirrorbackand4glassshelvesshotglassdisplaycasecabinet.aspx

They even have a thimble case, you could lean the erasers just a bit, take a look:
http://www.sfdisplay.com/59openingthimblesmallminiaturedisplaycasecabinet.aspx

Thanks for the tips.  Right now I taped a stack of pennies together and have the erasers resting against the stack. However, I will look at the links you sent me as they may lead to something else.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
Yes...I'm 45 and my mom still buys me Wacky Packages.

awesome!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2011, 08:43:39 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  Right now I taped a stack of pennies together and have the erasers resting against the stack. However, I will look at the links you sent me as they may lead to something else.

I don't know if this would work but Michaels sell these little containers of a waxy product used to keep the village pieces from falling down.  It works pretty well.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2011, 09:26:02 AM »
funny!

I’m into displaying stuff and have an idea that might be cool for erasers.

You could cut some pins (for example, thin straight pins, like the ones that come in folded dress shirts) in half, stick them in the wall (for example, on the wall near your desk) and stick the erasers onto the pins. The items displayed appear as if they are floating in space. The angle that the pin is inserted into the wall and the location it is stuck into the erasure can be adjusted to orient it any which way you want. The erasers could be displayed in a line or scattered randomly, as if they were thrown on the ground. I estimate 2/3’s of my displays are linear and 1/3 random scatter. I think the ratio has changed over the years.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
By the way, is the Target card simply a store credit card in which EVERY purchase is 5% off?  I've seen ads, but that deal almost sounded too good to be true.  I do like Target and shop there pretty often, so perhaps I should look into getting one of those cards.

Think of it as a check card used at Target. Instead of writing out a check, you will use this instead.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2011, 11:05:48 AM »
Yes...I'm 45 and my mom still buys me Wacky Packages.

Now that's funny...wish mine did...

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
funny!

I’m into displaying stuff and have an idea that might be cool for erasers.

You could cut some pins (for example, thin straight pins, like the ones that come in folded dress shirts) in half, stick them in the wall (for example, on the wall near your desk) and stick the erasers onto the pins. The items displayed appear as if they are floating in space. The angle that the pin is inserted into the wall and the location it is stuck into the erasure can be adjusted to orient it any which way you want. The erasers could be displayed in a line or scattered randomly, as if they were thrown on the ground. I estimate 2/3’s of my displays are linear and 1/3 random scatter. I think the ratio has changed over the years.

Dude! great idea... even to use in a display case - having the pin through the back so that it is floating in the center of the cublicle in the case like the ones these guys are showing...as long as the pin goes through the back...i like it!!! THX

now i just need my box orders to come in so i can get erasers...i might break down and go buy some...

I was in target yesterday with my daughter and i should have bought the gravity feed...we only bought on pack arghhhhhh....must go back....

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »
I stopped off at ToyRUs today and found a rack with 8 of these blisters on them.
From my observation, there are only 3 different arrangements of visible erasers (3 unique packs), each with 3 different erasers.
so you can't put a full set together just by picking up blisters and looking through the plastic.
The blisters have 3 unique spots, one for a big box, one for a can and one for a small box.

the 3 blisters are:

Frosted Snakes, Geek Giant, Jelly Bully
Cap'n Crutch, CaveManWich, Boreo
Ditz, De-Mented, Creeps

My son and I checked out the local TRU on the way home from church today and found the same thing.
Each blister packs seems to have one of each of the 6 different shaped
erasers.. the three you can see:  
      1 big box title,
      1 small box title
      1 small can title
and 3 "mystery" erasers. Each blister I bought had:
       1 big can title
       1 soda can title
       1 one "soft-wrapper" title (like ZitKat).
I only purchased 3 blister packs so can't tell if all follow this rule but mine all did. If they do, it MAY mean
that if you can't see "WOLFMEN" or "SNEEZ-IT" as one of the three visible titles,they will not ever be one of
the mystery titles.

BAD ASPECTS OF TRU BLISTERS:
           - Erasers only... no stickers
           - $6.99 for 6 erasers... WTF?

GOOD ASPECTS OF TRU BLISTERS:
          - Since you can see three of the titles, some of what appear to me
             to be medium harder to find titles like Frosted Snakes, CapNCrutch,
             and DItz can be seen and are a sure thing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:36:52 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
BAD ASPECTS OF TRU BLISTERS:
           - Erasers only... no stickers
           - $6.99 for 6 erasers... WTF?

I bet TRU charges a buck more than other stores for this item.  I saw at my TRU yesterday the GPK Flashback blister packs (2 $1.99 packs plus a bonus sticker) for $4.99 and it reminded me of how TRU seemed to be a buck higher on all the ANS 7 blisters as well.  I don't know if any other store will sell this larger eraser packs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were only $5.99.  I still don't like the lack of stickers and the fact that there are only three possible combos to see, but I do like the packaging.  Makes me think, if these packs are produced in large numbers, that the 9 visible titles (among the 3 variations of these pakcs) will be among the most common titles of all.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
eraser = (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Funny I just saw Erasure this weekend at an Electronic Music festival here in Miami! Sadly I did not go up the road to the Target to get Erasers.

« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »

I only purchased 3 blister packs so can't tell if all follow this rule but mine all did. If they do, it MAY mean
that if you can't see "WOLFMEN" or "SNEEZ-IT" as one of the three visible titles,they will not ever be one of
the mystery erasers.

I got wolfmen and sneeze it from TRU packs.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2011, 03:48:32 PM »
I got wolfmen and sneeze it from TRU packs.

They were mystery erasers then?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »
It seems that the erasers that are the hardest to get are found in the TRU packs which makes me think that the stickers for these will be the hardest to collect.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:51:52 PM by Campy »

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »
You're the one? I was there yesterday afternoon looking for them. I was with my mom who could see my disappointment. On her way home she stopped at the E. Windsor Target and found a full gravity feed. She bought 15 so there should be some left. Yes...I'm 45 and my mom still buys me Wacky Packages.

3 cheers for Mom!!!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2011, 03:48:57 AM »

3 cheers for Mom!!!!!

Same here!  My mom also still enjoys buying Wackys for me.  And, she still wears the Wacky Packages apron I bought for her for Mothers Day back around 1974 :)   I'm hoping to get to a Target with her and find erasers. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »
Same here!  My mom also still enjoys buying Wackys for me.  And, she still wears the Wacky Packages apron I bought for her for Mothers Day back around 1974 :)   I'm hoping to get to a Target with her and find erasers. 

I haven't spoken to my mom since I found out she threw away my childhood collection 30 years ago.  It's taken longer than I thought to recover.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)