Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 156067 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2011, 05:29:51 PM »
I'm hoping Target doesn't realize their mistake and reprogram before I can get there tomorrow  :^)   Also, I am wondering if Topps is going to get heat for the hobby box eraser 'pre-orders' being later than big box store stock.  Topps didn't offer those pre-orders to individual customers, distributors did, but if Topps supplies the hobby product significantly later, they're likely gonna hear it from the distributors, and there's a chance that some people are going to incorrectly associate this with the Topps Old School pre-orders.....

I know a couple of collectors who bought cases, and if the retail packs are selling at $1.99/pack, they paid more than retail.  That would make me pretty upset.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »
I know a couple of collectors who bought cases, and if the retail packs are selling at $1.99/pack, they paid more than retail.  That would make me pretty upset.
I think it's pretty clear that Target has made a mistake in their pricing, and that $1.99 is not the correct retail price.
the pre-order folks got a good discount off of true retail, but you can't fairly contrast that against an inventory error and say they are getting screwed.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »
According to my back order item list at tfaw.com the Wacky Packages Erasers display box now won't be available until late June 2011 from this pre-order comic company.

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:03 PM »
According to my back order item list at tfaw.com the Wacky Packages Erasers display box now won't be available until late June 2011 from this pre-order comic company.
I just got an email from CardGary offering full gravity feeds and cases. So I would believe that TFAW should have them soon, if not already.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2011, 03:25:46 AM »
I just got an email from CardGary offering full gravity feeds and cases. So I would believe that TFAW should have them soon, if not already.

The email I received yesterday from Allison Wilson at TFAW indicated their expected date from their distributor was now June 29th.  Obviously, this whole distribution path thing is more of an art than a science.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2011, 06:21:50 AM »
The email I received yesterday from Allison Wilson at TFAW indicated their expected date from their distributor was now June 29th.  Obviously, this whole distribution path thing is more of an art than a science.
I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »
found some packs at the Target yesterday as well. 

Grabbed about 20 from the gravity feed, and my collation
was pretty bad.  Got the rare ones fine, but missing
Slacker Jack, Mice Krispies, and Ditz.

Got at least 6 Minute Muds and Fools, go figure :)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »
I pre-ordered a box from Dreamland Comics and just go the same notice that they will ship on 6/29.

Is anyone finding them on the West Coast?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]
This?

That's the one.  Thanks for digging this one out!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Final tally on a gravity feed. Poor distribution, but the rare ones aren't rare at all and showed up in 2 of 3 packs. (16 out of 24)

I'm sorry to hear your (and other people's) poor distribution results.  However, I'm happy to know that the rare ones may be produced in the same (or comparable) numbers to the allegedly more common ones.  I was very bummed when I first read there were rare ones as I really like the idea of having a complete set.  If the worst that happens with the collation patterns is that we have to do a little trading, well, I can live with that. 

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2011, 10:41:06 AM »
That's the one.  Thanks for digging this one out!
You're welcome. I believe it was Fanatical_and_Sickly that posted the pic originally....

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:41 AM »
I'm sorry to hear your (and other people's) poor distribution results.  However, I'm happy to know that the rare ones may be produced in the same (or comparable) numbers to the allegedly more common ones.  I was very bummed when I first read there were rare ones as I really like the idea of having a complete set.  If the worst that happens with the collation patterns is that we have to do a little trading, well, I can live with that. 

I think I did pretty good with only buying 6 packs, I got 8 "rare" erasers total. I am going to post my need/have list in a little while.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
found some packs at the Target yesterday as well. 

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but another collector I know heard that these packs have showed up at the Dollar Tree.  I went to my local store and nothing, but that doesn't mean much because they never had any ANS7 there, and plenty of others found those.  I am wondering if there will be any wrapper variations with these.  Has anyone compared the codes from Walmart and Target yet? 

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but another collector I know heard that these packs have showed up at the Dollar Tree.  I went to my local store and nothing, but that doesn't mean much because they never had any ANS7 there, and plenty of others found those.  I am wondering if there will be any wrapper variations with these.  Has anyone compared the codes from Walmart and Target yet? 

I went to a Target and Walmart today at lunch.  Target did not have any but the Walmart did.  The Walmart packs rang up for $2.98.  I only bought a couple of packs in order to check them out.

The Walmart wrapper had the following codes:

0-790-54-01-0

UPC:  0-41116-00790-3
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
Has anyone compared the codes from Walmart and Target yet? 
Target and Walmart packs are exactly the same.

just different gravity feeds

it will be interesting to see what they have at dollar tree. are these the same, or $1 packs with just 1 eraser?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »
So there will be 2 printing runs of Wacky Packages erasers, one this month (out just now) and one in June-July?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
So there will be 2 printing runs of Wacky Packages erasers, one this month (out just now) and one in June-July?

I don't know that we can jump to that conclusion... only some card shops are saying their distributor is giving them the end of June date for delivery.

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »
I stopped off at ToyRUs today and found a rack with 8 of these blisters on them.
From my observation, there are only 3 different arrangements of visible erasers (3 unique packs), each with 3 different erasers.
so you can't put a full set together just by picking up blisters and looking through the plastic.
The blisters have 3 unique spots, one for a big box, one for a can and one for a small box.

the 3 blisters are:

Frosted Snakes, Geek Giant, Jelly Bully
Cap'n Crutch, CaveManWich, Boreo
Ditz, De-Mented, Creeps

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »
I stopped off at ToyRUs today and found a rack with 8 of these blisters on them.
From my observation, there are only 3 different arrangements of visible erasers (3 unique packs), each with 3 different erasers.
so you can't put a full set together just by picking up blisters and looking through the plastic.
The blisters have 3 unique spots, one for a big box, one for a can and one for a small box.

the 3 blisters are:

Frosted Snakes, Geek Giant, Jelly Bully
Cap'n Crutch, CaveManWich, Boreo
Ditz, De-Mented, Creeps

Now I understand what they mean by "mystery" erasers. They're from the regular set, you just don't know which ones they'll be until you open the pack. I was hoping for more titles.

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »
doubtful.
but you could always visit the guys that made the first set and ask them
(I like having these CPSIA codes on the product, they tell you exactly when they were made)

Name: 2010 Wacky Package Erasers   
Manufacturer:  Point East Limited   
Address:  Unit1001-3, 10/F., Lu Plaza, No. 2, Wing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.   
Manufacture Date:  12/20/10 - 1/10/11

Offline Playskull

« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
These things look pretty cool, but I'd be a lot more excited if they were done in the vintage Wackys instead.  I only see one classic title in the bunch.  Still, I'll probably pick up a set of these for dirt cheap after the next "new" thing comes out. 

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »
I picked up a couple of packs at Wal-Mart today. As others have said, they are kept in the same place as the trading cards.

I got one of the rare titles out of the two packs I bought. These erasers are pretty nifty. I don't know if I'll pursue a full set or not... probably depends on how long the gravity feed lasts.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2011, 05:14:55 PM »
Target and Walmart packs are exactly the same.

just different gravity feeds

it will be interesting to see what they have at dollar tree. are these the same, or $1 packs with just 1 eraser?

I'm not 100% sure.  It was a "friend of a friend" kind of thing.  I'll try to get more concrete information.  I would think they would have to be different because they have to sell them for a dollar. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »

I finally found a Target today with packs.  I bought 24 packs and ended up needing an 8 and 14, so I did well with the so-called "rare" ones.  The stickers are even smaller then I envisioned.  I'm not at home to measure but they look even smaller than the album sized cards.  They are kind of cute! 

I have box coming in soon that I'll let my daughters open.  I think they'll get a kick out of them.

I noticed that the wrapping with the art are not actually stuck on the erasers.  They appear to just be tightly applied.  I slid a couple off fairly easily.  I guess that's by design so when the eraser gets used you can keep using it. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

I went to the Dollar Tree store near me today and found nothing (other than a few packs of sports cards I picked up).

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
Stopped by my local Target today and was pleased to see the gravity feed box.  I bought three packs just to make sure they rang up at 1.99, then went back and bought the remaining 20 packs (and display box).  I kept one pack open and, minus the one pack that was missing from the box, got the following from the 22 packs I opened:

2   Boreo
2   Capn Crutch
5   CaveManWich
7   Creeps
2   Dead Bull
2   Demented
1   Ditz
4   Drool Aid
4   Fool
3   Frosted Snakes
1   Geek Giant
1   Jelly Bully
0   Lapton
3   Mice Krispies
3   Miniature Maid
7   Prickles
3   Slacker Jack
3   Sour Puss
1   Spite
1   Zit Kat
4   Mountain Dude
5   Chimps Ahoy
0   Sneez It
1   Wolfmen

Not the greatest collation, but, as others have noted, the rare ones don't seem so rare.  I'll pick up a few TRU packs tomorrow if I can find them and post a list in the Trade section.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2011, 09:20:25 PM »
I stopped by two Dollar Tree stores on the way home and nada. It seemed that the local Dollar Trres were about three weeks behind Walmart when ANS7 came out.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
I stopped by two Dollar Tree stores on the way home and nada. It seemed that the local Dollar Trres were about three weeks behind Walmart when ANS7 came out.
So they have Two-Dollar Tree stores now?    :P

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2011, 06:00:48 AM »
So they have Two-Dollar Tree stores now?    :P

Inflation, doncha know.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #309 on: March 26, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »
I pre-ordered a box from Dreamland Comics and just go the same notice that they will ship on 6/29.

I'm in the SF Bay Area and found them yesterday at Target and TRU.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2011, 11:23:42 AM »
I will vouch for others who said the distribution from the packs is not great.  From the 24 packs I got in the Target gravity feed, I only got 19 of the titles.  Looking to trade for the following eraser/sticker combos if anyone is interested:

Capn Crutch
Ditz
Lapton
Mice Krispies
Just for Wolfmen

I have the following that I can trade, with corresponding stickers all in nice shape (no creases or bent corners):
Boreo
Cave Manwich
Creeps
Dead Bull
Demented
Fool
Geek Giant
Jelly Bully
Miniature Maid
Prickles
Sour Puss
Spite
Zit Kat
Mtn Dude
Chimps Ahoy
Sneez-It

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Good idea.
Michael's has a nice variety of shadowbox frames. I may get one large enough to hold a sealed blister and regular pack as well.
Michael's has shot glass shadow box style frames with individual squares to seperate the rows and columns. The erasers would look great in one of those! I was actually thinking of getting one for the Fleer Chug-a-Cans set I am working on. By the way, does anybody have any extra Chug-a-Cans to offer? PM me if you do!
Thanks,
Michael Monahan
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »
$ 2.99
I was just charged $1.99 per pack at my Target. I was expecting to pay $2.99 so I was able to go back and grab four more packs with the $$ left in my pocket!!! :00123101:

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #313 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »

Yes, I bought 18 packs today at Target in Antioch, Ca for $1.99ea. Out of 18 packs, I'm only missing Frosted Snakes and Wolfmen erasers/stickers. If anybody has extras of these titles to trade, I've got a lot of dupes to offer including a "rare" Sneeze-It.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
Sure seems like Wolmen is one of the tougher ones to obtain from most of the lists I have seen. Hopefully we will see more available as more people find these.

anything