Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 154863 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
What a strangely worded flyer!

"collect all 24" "profit from the eraser craze"....

Is this aimed at kids collecting or dealers making a profit?

I took it as aimed at dealers, but the 'collect all 24' seemed out of place.  Perhaps for a dealer oriented flyer, they might have said "24 erasers to collect."

Offline Crust

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2011, 07:40:33 AM »
Maybye they want these to go to an underground kids eraser market?? :^)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
Maybye he's new? Who cares as long as he shows flyers I asked for days ago!!
oh, I thought you were asking for a "new" flyer.
this pic was in the 3rd post of this thread.
has everyone here already forgotten about it??

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2011, 08:37:36 AM »
Maybye he's new? Who cares as long as he shows flyers I asked for days ago!!
Blunder's no newbie, I just haven't see him around since somewhere between PC5 and PC6. Brent is our resident Nietzsche

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 09:42:40 AM »
oh, I thought you were asking for a "new" flyer.
this pic was in the 3rd post of this thread.
has everyone here already forgotten about it??

If someone who has one of these flyers can upload a large scan, that would be much appreciated. I want to print one out to add to my collection.

Offline blunderbrent

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »
Blunder, how they heck are you?!

Saright, mein herr. Lived in HI briefly, then had to go underground after the CIA recruited then doublecrossed me. Recently emerged with a new identity in whereabouts unknown. Just now buying up all the ans7 I can ship to a PO box within a couple day's hike of my cabin in the woods. Will post manifesto when finished. These erasers may come in handy.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
If someone who has one of these flyers can upload a large scan, that would be much appreciated. I want to print one out to add to my collection.

Ditto. That is my goal as well.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
Saright, mein herr. Lived in HI briefly, then had to go underground after the CIA recruited then doublecrossed me. Recently emerged with a new identity in whereabouts unknown. Just now buying up all the ans7 I can ship to a PO box within a couple day's hike of my cabin in the woods. Will post manifesto when finished. These erasers may come in handy.

Better late than never.  Throw another log on that fire!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2011, 01:32:26 PM »
Will post manifesto when finished. These erasers may come in handy.

Despite the many humorous posts around here, I don't often laugh out loud while reading forum; but this one did it. So LOL to you, good sir, and good to see you back.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »
Since you've been busy you might not have heard the news that ANS2 hit Target shelves recently, in case you want to stockpile them with your canned food in your bunker.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »
What a strangely worded flyer!

"collect all 24" "profit from the eraser craze"....

Is this aimed at kids collecting or dealers making a profit?

The "profit" part threw me there too. Every other point is agreeable. Trends are like the weather - unpredictable for the most part. I didn't know there was an eraser craze going on.  :^)
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »

There ya go! Thanks Blunder! How the heck are you? Happy New Year!!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
The "profit" part threw me there too. Every other point is agreeable. Trends are like the weather - unpredictable for the most part. I didn't know there was an eraser craze going on.  :^)
I saw erasers in a vending machine inside the entry way of Toysrus so I guess there is some kind of eraser craze.  I love the concept, can't wait to see people grading erasers!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
I saw erasers in a vending machine inside the entry way of Toysrus so I guess there is some kind of eraser craze.  I love the concept, can't wait to see people grading erasers!
My nephew was really into erasers about a year ago. Or two. I can't keep track. I'm not sure if he still is.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
My nephew was really into erasers about a year ago. Or two. I can't keep track. I'm not sure if he still is.
I found my WC fritos membership kit with some unused stickers, membership card and eraser!  Now time for me to drop sketch fever and get eraser fever!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
I was at Target tonight and looked at the trading cards section.  One of the "Coming Soon" posters was a flyer for something called "eraseez" (or something like that).  Don't think that qualifies as a fever, but perhaps there is some underground eraser fetish I had been unaware of previously.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
I think the eraser craze started when the episode "Frankendoodle" was released on Spongebob. Somewhere around 2005.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »
I think the eraser craze started when the episode "Frankendoodle" was released on Spongebob. Somewhere around 2005.

Really?  I thought they used a regular lead pencil with an eraser on the end in that episode.  I guess I'm not in touch with enough kids to see the connection to collectible erasers.  I do try to give Wackys to the ones who are old enough though! 

Someplace around here I have a BooBerry eraser from my childhood that I was never willing to use to erase stuff.  It might be on a Burger King pencil......

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
Really?  I thought they used a regular lead pencil with an eraser on the end in that episode.  I guess I'm not in touch with enough kids to see the connection to collectible erasers.  I do try to give Wackys to the ones who are old enough though! 

Someplace around here I have a BooBerry eraser from my childhood that I was never willing to use to erase stuff.  It might be on a Burger King pencil......

You're right, it was a regular eraser on the pencil, but that is what put the idea into everyone's mind of how cool erasers can be, thus spurring the emerging craze. That BooBerry eraser sound really cool. I suppose it's a pencil topper? You should find it and post a pic. on this thread! As a kid, I used to eat all of those, BooBerry, FrankenBerry and Count Chockula. Really all the sweet junky chocolate cereals I have had. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2011, 08:28:34 AM »
You're right, it was a regular eraser on the pencil, but that is what put the idea into everyone's mind of how cool erasers can be, thus spurring the emerging craze. That BooBerry eraser sound really cool. I suppose it's a pencil topper? You should find it and post a pic. on this thread! As a kid, I used to eat all of those, BooBerry, FrankenBerry and Count Chockula. Really all the sweet junky chocolate cereals I have had. 

Well, I found the Burger King pencil, and a bunch of others, including one with fish all over it and an extra thick Snoopy pencil, but no BooBerry eraser yet.  Hmmmmm....  Geez, I hope I didn't put it in a safe place - that's the kiss of death!!

Offline Crust

« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
I have an old Lucky from LuckyCharms eraser. It is pretty nice, and I never used it. I will try and post a pic

Offline bandaches

« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2011, 09:21:27 AM »
Pencil topper seems to be a good name.  Is it cheaper to make erasers or to just make these shapes out of rubber?  IF they are "collectible" it seems nobody will use them as erasers anyway.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:26 AM »
Pencil topper seems to be a good name.  Is it cheaper to make erasers or to just make these shapes out of rubber?  IF they are "collectible" it seems nobody will use them as erasers anyway.

Booberry will actually become scarey with half of his head erased off.

There is probably no real usage expectation, so they probably make terrible erasers if you tried to use them. Streaks of colored dye and smudges. Yeah, they'd probably be better off just making them little rubber characters and forget the eraser part of it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
I saw at least three different blister packs of "Collectible Erasers" today at Target. Hamburgers, Bananas and other food items.   The invasion of Collectible Erasers has begun.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »
I saw at least three different blister packs of "Collectible Erasers" today at Target. Hamburgers, Bananas and other food items.   The invasion of Collectible Erasers has begun.

DrDeal

Did you buy any?  I'm still curious if the cards are just base ANS or something else.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2011, 08:20:01 PM »
Did you buy any?  I'm still curious if the cards are just base ANS or something else.

I got the impression that it was just talk about the eraser craze itself and not Wacky's. I don't think they were talking about a new Blister Pack of Wacky's, just the erasers of a hamburger, banana, etc. Let me know if there's Wacky's involved here...

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »

These were not wackys. Sorry if that was not clear.

DrDeal

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
These were not wackys. Sorry if that was not clear.

DrDeal

I posted this in another thread (I think it was called non Wacky Wackys), but I wonder if these came out before Topps announced they were going to make Wacky Erasers,  or because Topps announced they were going to make Wacky Erasers

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1175874764_eR6HA-L.jpg[/expando]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:42:45 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »
I posted this in another thread (I think it was called non Wacky Wackys), but I wonder if these came out before Topps announced they were going to make Wacky Erasers,  or because Topps announced they were going to make Wacky Erasers

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1003451764_ff9c3-XL-1.jpg[/expando]
I zee nutting...

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
I zee nutting...

Ooops, how about now?  [expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1175874764_eR6HA-L.jpg[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2011, 07:41:58 PM »
Ooops, how about now? 
yep. now I see it.
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
never heard of that one before, but then again, there's like a gazillion japanime's that never come over to the U.S.

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
there's a one-sheet now on ebay.
looks like there might be two pack types? a small foil pack with 3 erasers + 3 stickers, and a larger blister pack with 6 erasers.

[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »
there's a one-sheet now on ebay.
looks like there might be two pack types? a small foil pack with 3 erasers + 3 stickers, and a larger blister pack with 6 erasers.

[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]

Dude,
You always seem to have the most up to date info on new stuff and its reliable..kudos to you!! these look Kool!!!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
Dude,
You always seem to have the most up to date info on new stuff and its reliable..kudos to you!! these look Kool!!!

They don't call him "fanatical" for nothing!

... and sickly!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
They don't call him "fanatical" for nothing!

... and sickly!
...but no fiction! Just the facts, lol.