Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 154873 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2010, 08:09:02 AM »
How many erasers are in a display box for $57? I don't remember seeing a box total.
well, if you go by retail price of $3/pack of 3, and a box going for $72, that says a box will be 24 packs with a total of 72 erasers.
seems like a reasonable guess.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2010, 08:27:11 AM »
well, if you go by retail price of $3/pack of 3, and a box going for $72, that says a box will be 24 packs with a total of 72 erasers.
seems like a reasonable guess.
Cool, thanks! Somewhere along the line I missed the retail price being $3 per pack.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »
The way I see it now, I'll chase sticker images I don't have. But I won't chase colored borders, glitters, sparklers, reflectors, mirrors, or any other souped up version of a basic Wacky sticker. Except for magnets. I'll chase those.

I've been on the path of wanting to own at least one of each type of card, but after the colored borders and hard to acquire cards (like the Halloween Bio Cards) I'm starting to lean towards just owning the "easiest to acquire base set plus chase cards I really like".

No one's latched on to this possibility yet:

(1) Sketch cards of the erasers
(2) Sketch cards of the erasers erasing part of the sketch itself (my fave)
(3) Nearly blank sketch cards where most of the sketch has been erased by a Wacky Eraser (easiest to draw! ;) )

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2010, 09:58:30 AM »

Ouch, that makes my brain hurt!!      :violent1:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
The sales ad says that the set has 24 erasers to collect, 3 erasers and 3 stickers per pack but I don't see what a display box consists of.....

So if there are 3 stickers per pack are we talking about 24 Stickers as well as 24 Erasers?
There has been no commentary on what the stickers will be.

DrDeal

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »
So if there are 3 stickers per pack are we talking about 24 Stickers as well as 24 Erasers?
yes. the 24 stickers are the cards of the 24 erasers. you will get the 3 cards for the 3 erasers in each pack.
There has been no commentary on what the stickers will be.
well, since we don't know the full list of erasers, we can't really talk about the stickers...

the ad showed Chimps Ahoy, Sneez-it and Mtn Dude. So probably those three, but I'm sure that's subject to change. still 3 months away.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »
No one's latched on to this possibility yet:

Hey! That's an Escher painting, hope I spelled the artists' name right. You know the guy, he's painted the people on the stairs going infinately up....

The description is very vague at the tfaw site, you really don't know what you are getting. I bet they don't even know what they're getting until the actual product arrives.  BTW, you have to type in "Wacky Eraser" into the search box, not Wacky Packages Erasers.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:24:23 PM by Playbug »
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
I think these are very unique and can't wait to see them. $3 a pack is pretty high though but I also wonder what the retail availability will be?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I like to have at least one example of the tough chase cards for my collection. It doesn't bother me not to have the set. I did collect all the silvers from each series.

If I wasn't the nut that I am trying to collect everything that's exactly what i would do, I mean for the very expensive sets just get one example for each series.  That would still be relatively affordable and fun to collect, and you could still do it with a "completist" mentality because you would do it for every series and variation.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Crust

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
I know what you mean. Series 7 was killer with the odds, so my goal was to get as much stuff as I could and be happy with it.

Offline iamMONOTONY

• Wacky Packages FTW!
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
Yea I know what you mean. Everybody is on a tight budget and since the odds are astronomical , you'll be broke before you get a good insert. Foil Cards 1:4 , give me a break it was more like 1:10! And how about these sketch cards 1:2XXX. Who Is Going To Buy That Many Packs! Don't get me wrong i love series 7 and all wacky packages but the odds aren't on the consumer's side.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2011, 03:50:38 AM »
Yea I know what you mean. Everybody is on a tight budget and since the odds are astronomical , you'll be broke before you get a good insert. Foil Cards 1:4 , give me a break it was more like 1:10! And how about these sketch cards 1:2XXX. Who Is Going To Buy That Many Packs! Don't get me wrong i love series 7 and all wacky packages but the odds aren't on the consumer's side.
ANS7 has sold the slowest of any WP release I can remember. I think the bad odds are to blame. I bet we see the odds improved on the next retail release. I think Topps has gotten the message.

DrDeal

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2011, 08:58:13 AM »
ANS7 has sold the slowest of any WP release I can remember. I think the bad odds are to blame. I bet we see the odds improved on the next retail release. I think Topps has gotten the message.

DrDeal

I hope you're right about Topps getting the message, but what makes you think it has?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2011, 10:49:27 AM »
ANS7 has sold the slowest of any WP release I can remember.

DrDeal
What gave you the impression ans 7 sold the slowest of any series? Judging by my local Targets and Walmarts it sold very well. I saw more box refills for series 7 than with series 6. I also saw a wider distribution of series 7 than ANY other series. Even Toys r Us, supermarkets, sporting goods and dollar stores carried them.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
Our Walmart sold very slowly ANS 7 compared to previous series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »
What gave you the impression ans 7 sold the slowest of any series? Judging by my local Targets and Walmarts it sold very well. I saw more box refills for series 7 than with series 6. I also saw a wider distribution of series 7 than ANY other series. Even Toys r Us, supermarkets, sporting goods and dollar stores carried them.
I hit about 6 Wal Marts and Targets on most days. I saw a glut of ANS7 in Targets after the initial 3 week collector pipeline fill. With Flashbacks I almost never saw the packs sit in a Target. This time around once they cooled off I could easily find nearly full Gravity Feeds in most Targets and still see them all the time. Yes more WalMart had them this time around but most WalMarts did not restock after the first shipment sold out. Slower sales I have observed lead me to believe Topps must be feeling a lack of pull through on this release. I trust someone from the company must keep abreast of what is stated on these boards and it has been stated by many collectors that the poor odds caused many collectors to not buy as much as they would have with better odds. If you buy a case and don't pull any Sketchs or Golds there is not much incentive to repeat that maneuver.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »
If you buy a case and don't pull any Sketchs or Golds there is not much incentive to repeat that maneuver.

Regards,  DrDeal
I hope that's true. It is for me. I'd like to see collectors go back to collecting stickers rather than chewing through cases looking for an MF'n sketch card. However, if those case munchers could somehow disperse their excess base stickers to children everywhere then it would bring balance to the force.

I'm not sure what you mean by glut. Is there a glut of Snickers bars in the candy aisle? They always seem to be there. Flashback was a very small production. There wasn't enough to go around. Series 7 was huge. There's no comparison.

ANS has had a longer run than the original series so while it's not the biggest craze in kids world, it's definitely a staple.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:37:05 PM by Plan 9 »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »
I hope that's true. It is for me. I'd like to see collectors go back to collecting stickers rather than chewing through cases looking for an MF'n sketch card. However, if those case munchers could somehow disperse their excess base stickers to children everywhere then it would bring balance to the force.

Flashback was a very small production. There wasn't enough to go around. Series 7 was huge. There's no comparison.

ANS has had a longer run than the original series so while it's not the biggest craze in kids world, it's definitely a staple.

I thought that the Flashbacks were produced at just under 600,000 packs and ANS7 was 700,000 packs?  That's a little more but not a big difference at all.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
I thought that the Flashbacks were produced at just under 600,000 packs and ANS7 was 700,000 packs?  That's a little more but not a big difference at all.
I didn't know the production was that close between the two. Somehow I thought Flashback was a much smaller run. 

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »
I think the 700,000 for ANS7 was just counting packs that had odds/inserts. Fold in the 2 types of sell through packs plus the cereal boxes and it ups the ANS7 quantity a bit more

Offline Crust

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »
Does anyone have a picture of the flyer? 

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »
I didn't know the production was that close between the two. Somehow I thought Flashback was a much smaller run. 
Dollar Tree stores can account for at least 6000 gravity feeds. They have two boxes per store on average in over 4000 stores. The non-chaser blister packs, non-chaser gum packs and other non-chaser boxes that showed up in supermarkets and some sporting goods store might account for an additional 4000 24-pack boxes. This gives us roughly an additional 500,000 packs which brings ANS7 up to about 1.2 million packs.

Offline Crust

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »
I think that Topps way over produced series 7 for two main reasons. 1. It was the first all new series in three years. 2. With sketch cards being in one out of 2000 some packs they had to produce enought packs to fit the number of sketch cards. Slightly off topic but how many stores sold Series 7? I know of Target, Walmart, Kmart, Five below and dollar tree. Are there any I left out? That is the most stores of all all new series I think.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
I think that Topps way over produced series 7 for two main reasons. 1. It was the first all new series in three years. 2. With sketch cards being in one out of 2000 some packs they had to produce enought packs to fit the number of sketch cards. Slightly off topic but how many stores sold Series 7? I know of Target, Walmart, Kmart, Five below and dollar tree. Are there any I left out? That is the most stores of all all new series I think.

I haven't seen any at Targets or Walmarts around me for a month or so. I wonder what they will do with all the over stock. I highly doubt they sold out.

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:38 PM »
I know of Target, Walmart, Kmart, Five below and dollar tree. Are there any I left out? That is the most stores of all all new series I think.
they showed up at ToysRUs as well as some Best Buy and Sports Authority stores.

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »
I haven't seen any at Targets or Walmarts around me for a month or so. I wonder what they will do with all the over stock. I highly doubt they sold out.
could end up in those square packs again. although I never did see any for flashback 2 packs.

Offline Crust

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »
Targets will get restock like they did with series 2 and 3. I already saw a new full gravity feed at a Target I went too over the weekend.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
Does anyone have a picture of the flyer? 

Yeah, a picture of the Wacky Package Eraser Flyer would be nice.  :D

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
Targets will get restock like they did with series 2 and 3. I already saw a new full gravity feed at a Target I went too over the weekend.
I noticed some ANS 7 still around in Nevada. Should sell steadily. There's a new league of children entering the Wacky age group every day. My girlfriend's niece just discovered Wacky Packs a few weeks ago and is now a collector. I just sent her a big sampler of past series.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »
Yeah, a picture of the Wacky Package Eraser Flyer would be nice.  :D

Yes please...a flyer.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:15 PM »
I noticed some ANS 7 still around in Nevada. Should sell steadily. There's a new league of children entering the Wacky age group every day. My girlfriend's niece just discovered Wacky Packs a few weeks ago and is now a collector. I just sent her a big sampler of past series.

Gave my sis-in-laws daughter's kids a few packs on Halloween. They liked them a-lot I heard, so I gave them a few bonus boxes in with their Christmas gifts along with the ANS4 album. They loved it.  ;D

Offline blunderbrent

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:26 AM »
Yeah, a picture of the Wacky Package Eraser Flyer would be nice.  :D

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »

What a strangely worded flyer!

"collect all 24" "profit from the eraser craze"....

Is this aimed at kids collecting or dealers making a profit?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2011, 07:21:24 AM »

Offline Crust

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
Maybye he's new? Who cares as long as he shows flyers I asked for days ago!!