Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 154898 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »

I sent the email to Leslie with the flyer. I preordered a few cases of these already so if anyone is interested I will have some extra boxes and packs to sell. They come in gravity feed boxes with 24 packs per box.

Release Date: 3-23-11
Retail price: $2.99 per pack

ALL-NEW Celectible Erasers!!! 3 Wacky Packages Erasers Plus 3 Corresponding Stickers In Every Pack

This product is not authorized or endorsed by any of the companies who are the subject of  parody. The products we are spoofing - including our own- are all good ones, no kidding.
. 24 Sculpted Collectible Erasers
. Parodies of America's Favorite Products
. Wacky Packages Stickers in Every Pack

Interesting. I may be tempted to buy a box, because I bet the gravity feed will be colorful with good graphics. The erasers sound like a fun collectible.

How did people get the flyers for this, and where/how can others get one?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
No more Jingles in this thread. I moved the jingles to non wacky discussion. Let's keep this on track for erasers.
Thanks,
The Housekeeper ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:55:02 PM by BumChex »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »
No more Jingles in this thread. I moved the jingles to non wacky discussion. Let's keep this on track for erasers.
Thanks,
The Housekeeper ;D

Thanks.. said one of the guys guilty of getting way off track.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 08:59:46 PM »
Thanks,
The Housekeeper ;D

I wonder if there will be a jingle for the erasers?  ;)
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Beanball

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »

I've heard that the white Frito-Bandito eraser is very rare.
How rare is it?
As rare as a tan Bandache?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »
the erasers have just shown up in the January Previews catalog. same price but with a week earlier release date

COLLECTIBLES & NOVELTIES
GEEK GRAB BAG
PG 401
JAN11 1863 ____TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES ERASER (C: 1-1-2)........03/16/11 SRP: $2.99 = $ ___

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
the erasers have just shown up in the January Previews catalog. same price but with a week earlier release date

COLLECTIBLES & NOVELTIES
GEEK GRAB BAG
PG 401
JAN11 1863 ____TOPPS WACKY PACKAGES ERASER (C: 1-1-2)........03/16/11 SRP: $2.99 = $ ___

That's cool; thanks for posting it.  I'm a bit surprised it showed up in Previews, but I guess that catalog has everything.  Perhaps I'll have my comic shop order me a box.  I always try to support it and it would guarantee my getting a box.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »

I sent the email to Leslie with the flyer. I preordered a few cases of these already so if anyone is interested I will have some extra boxes and packs to sell. They come in gravity feed boxes with 24 packs per box.

ALL-NEW Celectible Erasers!!! 3 Wacky Packages Erasers Plus 3 Corresponding Stickers In Every Pack

This product is not authorized or endorsed by any of the companies who are the subject of  parody. The products we are spoofing - including our own- are all good ones, no kidding.

Do you have a picture of this flyer - ad?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »

Where did you buy the cases from already?? pre-ordered?? do tell..sounds like a cool COLLECTIBLE... now that's spelled right!!
thx

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 07:34:01 AM »

Topps vs. Japanese manufacturers
Who will win the lawsuit for rights to use the name?    :icon_jokercolor:

[expando]http://i53.tinypic.com/30t2sf5.png[/expando]

Hey, that's a Big Muc burger eraser!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »
If the Topps Wacky Packages Eraser packs sell well, what could be next possibly at the same time ANS8 is green lighted? Maybe...
Wacky Packages buttons?
Wacky Packages iron-on transfers?
Wacky Packages keychains?
Wacky Packages pencil toppers?
A revival of Wacky Packages mini posters?
A revival of Wacky Packages patches?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
If the Topps Wacky Packages Eraser packs sell well, what could be next possibly at the same time ANS8 is green lighted? Maybe...
Wacky Packages buttons?
You forgot none of the above
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »
That's cool; thanks for posting it.  I'm a bit surprised it showed up in Previews, but I guess that catalog has everything.  Perhaps I'll have my comic shop order me a box.  I always try to support it and it would guarantee my getting a box.

I did end up ordering a box from my local comic shop this past week.  When I brought it up to the cashier, he said, "Wait a second, let's see if I can still do that".  Had me mildly worried for a minute, but he checked with the boss and it wasn't a problem.  Who knows, perhaps these will be everywhere, but I do think they're kinda cool and didn't want to miss out on getting a box.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
Wacky Packages buttons?

This will be a big year for Wackys.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 08:38:13 AM »
I did end up ordering a box from my local comic shop this past week.  When I brought it up to the cashier, he said, "Wait a second, let's see if I can still do that".  Had me mildly worried for a minute, but he checked with the boss and it wasn't a problem.  Who knows, perhaps these will be everywhere, but I do think they're kinda cool and didn't want to miss out on getting a box.

So I'm a bit confused here. Do they already exist somewhere to buy? I thought they weren't out yet?

Or is this an "available on the East Coast first" kinda thing?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2010, 08:57:47 AM »
So I'm a bit confused here. Do they already exist somewhere to buy? I thought they weren't out yet?

Or is this an "available on the East Coast first" kinda thing?
nothing crazy like that.
Their release date is 3/16, and since they are in the latest Previews magazine, you can order a box through a comic shop.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »
nothing crazy like that.
Their release date is 3/16, and since they are in the latest Previews magazine, you can order a box through a comic shop.

Ah, ok, so the ordering of a box via the comic shop is a pre-order. Makes sense. Thanks.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »

It would be hard to top 2010 so even if it came close it would be a big year.  I just hope "big" doesn't equal expensive.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
It would be hard to top 2010 so even if it came close it would be a big year.  I just hope "big" doesn't equal expensive.

Sorry Rob but I believe "big" almost always = expensive.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 12:28:33 PM »
There's no list of what Wacky Packages Erasers will be in the series, but I hope there's a Frosted Snakes (from ANS1) eraser in the set.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »
Looking forward to searching for the Golden Chase Erasers  :)     

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
Sorry Rob but I believe "big" almost always = expensive.

Yah, you're probably right.  There could be several new series come out but if it wasn't for the odds of the tough stuff it wouldn't have to cost so much to collect.  Hopefully they steer more towards better odds after ANS7.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »
Yah, you're probably right.  There could be several new series come out but if it wasn't for the odds of the tough stuff it wouldn't have to cost so much to collect.  Hopefully they steer more towards better odds after ANS7.
I've come a long way from chasing golds. At this point I don't care about anything other than a base set of every gag. Not what Topps calls a base set but a complete set of all the gags that are released in a series whether they be bonus stickers or whatever. I've totally lost interest in novelty chasers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2010, 05:40:43 AM »
I've come a long way from chasing golds. At this point I don't care about anything other than a base set of every gag. Not what Topps calls a base set but a complete set of all the gags that are released in a series whether they be bonus stickers or whatever. I've totally lost interest in novelty chasers.

You were trying to complete a set with obscene odds. You came close. I would be frustrated too. I like to have at least one example of the tough chase cards for my collection. It doesn't bother me not to have the set. I did collect all the silvers from each series

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
You were trying to complete a set with obscene odds. You came close. I would be frustrated too. I like to have at least one example of the tough chase cards for my collection. It doesn't bother me not to have the set. I did collect all the silvers from each series
The way I see it now, I'll chase sticker images I don't have. But I won't chase colored borders, glitters, sparklers, reflectors, mirrors, or any other souped up version of a basic Wacky sticker. Except for magnets. I'll chase those.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »
The way I see it now, I'll chase sticker images I don't have. But I won't chase colored borders, glitters, sparklers, reflectors, mirrors, or any other souped up version of a basic Wacky sticker. Except for magnets. I'll chase those.

I guess it's just a different strategy to collecting. No one will ever collect everything I.E. you will never own all of the sketch cards from a series. Collect what you like and leave it at that. I want to collect examples of the tougher inserts but will never get them all such as the golds. To me that is just silly to throw that kind of money out to get a gold border. I would prefer to spend the money on the more unique stuff such as sketches and art.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
My Gold ANS7 Yubang is pretty cool. Only gold I own but glad to have it. Never saw another hit the bay.

DrDeal

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »
My Gold ANS7 Yubang is pretty cool. Only gold I own but glad to have it. Never saw another hit the bay.

DrDeal

I bet that does look nice.  I really like that title. The colors used in the artwork go well with the gold flash border.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline dth1971

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2010, 07:31:19 PM »
I pre-ordered 1 display box at TFAW.com - $57!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »

Wow, that's a great price!  The one I pre-ordered was $72.  I'm happy to support my local comic shop, but that's a pretty significant difference.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2010, 09:30:40 PM »

I'm very glad to hear this.  As much as I enjoy the stickers themselves, I also like all (well, most) of the licensed stuff.  Though I can't say I would ever have thought erasers would be a cool item, I do think they will be a fun thing to have.  Besides, they should be pretty easy to display (at least given their small size) and a managable set to complete.

Oh, and thanks for torturing me/us with your vague allusions!  ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2010, 04:50:25 AM »
Thanks for the link. I just ordered.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2010, 06:00:02 AM »

How many erasers are in a display box for $57? I don't remember seeing a box total.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2010, 06:13:51 AM »
How many erasers are in a display box for $57? I don't remember seeing a box total.

I'm hesitant to order without knowing set and box contents.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2010, 06:32:20 AM »
I'm hesitant to order without knowing set and box contents.
The sales ad says that the set has 24 erasers to collect, 3 erasers and 3 stickers per pack but I don't see what a display box consists of.....