Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 154907 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:24 PM »
I don't understand your question
each pack has 3 stickers, one each to match the 3 erasers in the pack.
tough eraser = tough card

Update... Even though I had 6 packs where only 2 titles matched the stickers, for the entire 24 pack box,
I came out almost even in terms of number of each card versus the number of each sticker. It might have
 been even but I had two packs with only 2 erasers (one had 2 checklists as consulation I guess).
I did find that 2 of the "rare" titles were indeed scarce in my box (1 Sneezit and 0 Wolfmen), I had "common"
titles in the same numbers: CapNCrutch and Slacker Jack at 1 each. I did get 5 of the "rare" title Mtn Dude in my box.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:01:58 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Just wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in purchasing a complete set of erasers and stickers before I list them on the evil bay. If so, shoot me a pm with a reasonable offer.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »

Are these erasers displayed with the collector cards?

Yes, I found them in the same location as they put the usual WP Gravity Feeds.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2011, 07:11:55 PM »
Yes, I found them in the same location as they put the usual WP Gravity Feeds.

How much was the whole gravity feed @ Target ? Wamart?? 1.99 for 24 / 2.99 for 24, respectively???
anyone know?? ...i do have a Target card...

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
Just picked up 17 packs at my Target (bought all they had left)($1.99 a pack). My 7 year old son loved them. He was more into these than any sticker series.

I am three erasers short: Wheez-It, Ditz and Captain Crunch (also need the same three stickers).

Lots to trade. Apparently, they enjoyed making Fool Iced Tea. Got 6 of those.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
Just picked up 17 packs at my Target (bought all they had left)($1.99 a pack). My 7 year old son loved them. He was more into these than any sticker series.

I am three erasers short: Wheez-It, Ditz and Captain Crunch (also need the same three stickers).

They were $1.99 at target, but the box clearly was marked $2.99.  May have to go back and pick up a few more packs before they figure out the pricing error.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
They were $1.99 at target, but the box clearly was marked $2.99.  May have to go back and pick up a few more packs before they figure out the pricing error.
no kidding. it's cheaper than any of the pre-order prices.

my Target didn't have them out for display yet, but still in the delivery box off to the side. I only picked out 12 of the packs, but I may be going back for more.
and to get the gravity feed....

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »

Did you find them in the trading card section?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
- Wrapper collectors rejoice... these wrappers are indestructable and can easily be opened
   without tears, rips. etc. In fact, I opened 23 of 24 without incident using the
   "potato chip bag" technique.
Am I the only one that opens potato chip bags at the top?
I tried this with the eraser pack, and ruined it.
Opening by pulling apart the seam running down the back of the pack was a cinch.
But I've never opened a bag of chips that way.
I'll have to try that. I'm guessing just for the vending machine bags...

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »
I went through 12 packs without completing a set - missing 6 commons. Fairly poor distribution, but maybe if I buy the rest of the gravity feed it will balance out.
Great odds on the "rare" ones though. 9 out of 12 packs.

2   Boreo
1   Capn Crutch
2   CaveManWich
0   Creeps
3   Dead Bull
0   Demented
0   Ditz
0   Drool Aid
1   Fool
0   Frosted Snakes
2   Geek Giant
1   Jelly Bully
0   Lapton
3   Mice Krispies
1   Miniature Maid
2   Prickles
1   Slacker Jack
4   Sour Puss
4   Spite
1   Zit Kat
4   Mountain Dude
2   Chimps Ahoy
2   Sneez It
1   Wolfmen

Offline Swiski

« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
Any new titles in this set? A few on the checklist didn't look familiar, but I forgot some of the ANS titles.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »
I went through 12 packs without completing a set - missing 6 commons. Fairly poor distribution, but maybe if I buy the rest of the gravity feed it will balance out.

2   Boreo
1   Capn Crutch
2   CaveManWich
0   Creeps
3   Dead Bull
0   Demented
0   Ditz
0   Drool Aid
1   Fool
0   Frosted Snakes
2   Geek Giant
1   Jelly Bully
0   Lapton
3   Mice Krispies
1   Miniature Maid
2   Prickles
1   Slacker Jack
4   Sour Puss
4   Spite
1   Zit Kat
4   Mountain Dude
2   Chimps Ahoy
2   Sneez It
1   Wolfmen

Sounds like "rarer" would have been a more appropriate term than "rare". 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
Like bigtomi indicated, it would be difficult. there are only 6 different shapes used across the 24 titles so even if you could access the shapes in a pack, it
doesn't guarantee the title you would want.

I honestly don't think that I am going to try to chase down a full set of these.  But I am interested in getting a couple of Mountain Dudes and at least one Demented Tomatoes.  I guess I can feel for can shapes in the packs to increase my odds!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »

2   Boreo
1   Capn Crutch
2   CaveManWich
0   Creeps
3   Dead Bull
0   Demented
0   Ditz
0   Drool Aid
1   Fool
0   Frosted Snakes
2   Geek Giant
1   Jelly Bully
0   Lapton
3   Mice Krispies
1   Miniature Maid
2   Prickles
1   Slacker Jack
4   Sour Puss
4   Spite
1   Zit Kat
4   Mountain Dude
2   Chimps Ahoy
2   Sneez It
1   Wolfmen

Are they, (Target, Walmart),selling individual packs in gravity feeds ONLY? Or are there 24 pack BOXES on sale as well...I was just told via email from the website I ordered from, that the boxes won't be in until June 29th...wow!! Don't see anyone selling boxes just gravity feeds...am I missing something?? Have others found this as well??

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »
I just went to Target while at lunch and I bought 6 packs. The gravity feed was marked 2.99 each but they ring up 1.99 each.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
I was just told via email from the website I ordered from, that the boxes won't be in until June 29th...wow!! Don't see anyone selling boxes just gravity feeds...am I missing something?? Have others found this as well??

I got the same email from them stating June 29th. What the...? If I see them at Target today, I'll buy a gravity feed from them and cancel my pre-order.

The box from TFAW is called a "Wacky Packages Eraser Display", which sounds like a gravity feed to me.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2011, 11:01:46 AM »
I just went to Target while at lunch and I bought 6 packs. The gravity feed was marked 2.99 each but they ring up 1.99 each.
Same here.  Picked up a gravity feed box of 24 and was charged $1.99 a pack. First two packs I opened I got the "rarer" sneeze-it and mountain dude.

I have to say, these erasers are much cooler than I thought they'd be.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
Are they, (Target, Walmart),selling individual packs in gravity feeds ONLY? Or are there 24 pack BOXES on sale as well...I was just told via email from the website I ordered from, that the boxes won't be in until June 29th...wow!! Don't see anyone selling boxes just gravity feeds...am I missing something?? Have others found this as well??

The Target I snatched my erasers from only offered them in the large gravity feed and Walmart offered them in the smaller gravity feed. There wasn't a hobby box of sorts if that's what you are getting at.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
I got the same email from them stating June 29th. What the...? If I see them at Target today, I'll buy a gravity feed from them and cancel my pre-order.

The box from TFAW is called a "Wacky Packages Eraser Display", which sounds like a gravity feed to me.

I ordered from TFAW as well..probably and eraser display...haven't heard from them either...did they say June as well?? I have to contact them?? thx 

Taz

« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »
Went to 2 different Targets and both had the gravity feed marked at $2.99 but they scanned at $1.99 at both stores.  One of the stores actually labeled the packs $2.99 but again they scanned at $1.99 and I'll take saving a buck per pack any given day.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2011, 12:14:20 PM »

I contacted TFAW via email yesterday asking to have my order cancelled. I received a reply today
that started out explaining why they don't cancel pre-orders (let me count the ways) but then
graciously made an exception and cancelled it as I had requested.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Taz

« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »
I'm sure most of you know of these and probably use them but here's a good storage case for the erasers.  They are the inserts for tackle boxes, I picked them up at Meijer and the small was about $4.00 and the large around $6.00.  You can pretty much stack the cans 2 high and the boxes 2-3 high.  In this photo I have the cans laying flat, the boxes stacked 2 high and the others on their side.  On the larger case the stickers don't lie flat as they so in the smaller one but the way they sit slanted I can still close the case but not to ruin them I'll find another storage means.

click on photo to enlarge:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:33:20 PM by Taz »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
I'm sure most of you know of these and probably use them but here's a good storage case for the erasers.  They are the inserts for tackle boxes, I picked them up at Meijer and the small was about $4.00 and the large around $6.00.  You can pretty much stack the cans 2 high and the boxes 2-3 high.  In this photo I have the cans laying flat, the boxes stacked 2 high and the others on their side.  On the larger case the stickers don't lie flat as they so in the smaller one but the way they sit slanted I can still close the case but not to ruin them I'll find another storage means.

Great idea on the storage for these.  I'll ahve to look into something like that.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
I contacted TFAW via email yesterday asking to have my order cancelled. I received a reply today
that started out explaining why they don't cancel pre-orders (let me count the ways) but then
graciously made an exception and cancelled it as I had requested.

I may be totally imagining this, but didn't we see some pic or advertisement or something for packs that had 6 erasers?  Again, memory may be faulty, but I thought it had a cardboard back that would hang on a shelf.  Could there be two different types of packaging that might be released at different times of year?

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
I may be totally imagining this, but didn't we see some pic or advertisement or something for packs that had 6 erasers?  Again, memory may be faulty, but I thought it had a cardboard back that would hang on a shelf.  Could there be two different types of packaging that might be released at different times of year?

[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]
This?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]
This?
There's a carded pack on that flyer. Might be out there somewhere. Nobody found any mystery erasers yet, have they?

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
OK, new info I went to toys R Us today and found these. there are three erasers displayed and three that are in the box portion. They are $6.99 each but you DO NOT GET any stickers.

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
OK, new info I went to toys R Us today and found these. there are three erasers displayed and three that are in the box portion. They are $6.99 each but you DO NOT GET any stickers.

Bad info about the stickers not being in these, but you can get your missing common erasers cause you can see them  through the packaging.  I am missing #3, 8, 10, 17 and 23.  Bought 15 packs at Target.  The horrible salesgirl wouldn't let me take the empty gravity feed box. 

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »

good to know where those are at

looks exactly as discussed several pages back on this thread - erasers and no stickers

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »
  The horrible salesgirl wouldn't let me take the empty gravity feed box. 
did you show it to her?
I just placed some packs on the belt and held on to the empty feed while paying.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2011, 03:35:35 PM »
The horrible salesgirl wouldn't let me take the empty gravity feed box. 
Ya shoulda just told her you'd throw it out for her...lol.

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »
Final tally on a gravity feed. Poor distribution, but the rare ones aren't rare at all and showed up in 2 of 3 packs. (16 out of 24)
It's ridiculous that I got 6 Mtn Dudes and 8 Spites, but 0 Frosted Snakes or Creeps

3   Boreo
1   Capn Crutch
4   CaveManWich
0   Creeps
6   Dead Bull
2   Demented
1   Ditz
1   Drool Aid
2   Fool
0   Frosted Snakes
5   Geek Giant
3   Jelly Bully
1   Lapton
5   Mice Krispies
2   Miniature Maid
3   Prickles
3   Slacker Jack
4   Sour Puss
8   Spite
3   Zit Kat
6   Mountain Dude
4   Chimps Ahoy
2   Sneez It
3   Wolfmen

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
So now I read on here that the people who pre-ordered paid more per pack than what they are selling for at retail?  And now they are saying they won't even ship the pre-orders until June 29?  And they are balking at refunding the pre-orders?

That is pretty ducked up.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
So now I read on here that the people who pre-ordered paid more per pack than what they are selling for at retail?  And now they are saying they won't even ship the pre-orders until June 29?  And they are balking at refunding the pre-orders?

That is pretty ducked up.

I'm hoping Target doesn't realize their mistake and reprogram before I can get there tomorrow  :^)   Also, I am wondering if Topps is going to get heat for the hobby box eraser 'pre-orders' being later than big box store stock.  Topps didn't offer those pre-orders to individual customers, distributors did, but if Topps supplies the hobby product significantly later, they're likely gonna hear it from the distributors, and there's a chance that some people are going to incorrectly associate this with the Topps Old School pre-orders.....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:39:02 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »
Just curious what was the pre-order price? I have paid 1.99, 2.99 and 6.99

anything