Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 154872 times)

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
there's a one-sheet now on ebay.
looks like there might be two pack types? a small foil pack with 3 erasers + 3 stickers, and a larger blister pack with 6 erasers.

[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]
I can't find the auction on ebay. Anyone have a link?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »
there's a one-sheet now on ebay.
looks like there might be two pack types? a small foil pack with 3 erasers + 3 stickers, and a larger blister pack with 6 erasers.

[expando]http://i54.tinypic.com/51t2zm.jpg[/expando]
I just looked over the flyer and don't see anywhere that states 6 erasers. One says 'plus 3 mystery erasers' but doesn't sat a total of 6 or says there are 3 erasers plus 3 additional erasers.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2011, 03:47:29 AM »
I just looked over the flyer and don't see anywhere that states 6 erasers. One says 'plus 3 mystery erasers' but doesn't sat a total of 6 or says there are 3 erasers plus 3 additional erasers.

Looks like it says '6 Collectible Erasers" at the bottom right corner of the blister pack.

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2011, 06:27:14 AM »
Looks like it says '6 Collectible Erasers" at the bottom right corner of the blister pack.
it's a bit fuzzy, but that's what it looks like:  6 Collectible Erasers.

which makes me wonder if there will be several different blister packs. Each will have 3 erasers as pictured on the blister itself, and then there are 3 additional 'mystery' which could be any of the other 21. Potentially 8 different blister packages? Not much fun if every single blister contained Chimps, Sneez-It and Mtn Dude.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2011, 07:12:48 AM »
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2011, 01:26:51 PM »
it's a bit fuzzy, but that's what it looks like:  6 Collectible Erasers.

which makes me wonder if there will be several different blister packs. Each will have 3 erasers as pictured on the blister itself, and then there are 3 additional 'mystery' which could be any of the other 21. Potentially 8 different blister packages? Not much fun if every single blister contained Chimps, Sneez-It and Mtn Dude.

Wow, I was looking at that on my iPad and couldn't make it out. I just looked at it on my computer and I can still barley make it out. You guys have great eyes!

I wonder when they will start to ship? I've had my order in for awhile.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
That flyer makes it look like the erasers are flat, cut in the shape of the product, with the Wacky image pasted on. For some reason I thought that these would be more 3-dimensional, i.e. that the cans would be cylindrical. I guess I hadn't looked that closely before.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »
On my To Do List

Must capitalize on this Emerging Collectible Eraser trend before everyone finds out

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »
That flyer makes it look like the erasers are flat, cut in the shape of the product, with the Wacky image pasted on. For some reason I thought that these would be more 3-dimensional, i.e. that the cans would be cylindrical. I guess I hadn't looked that closely before.

I believe they are 3-D. I'm trying to recall the brief conversation I had about these but I believe I remember them saying they were all shaped like the products and had a little mini sticker on them. They likened them to bigger versions of those older Wacky gumball machine trinkets. I think there are 24 different titles.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2011, 04:01:37 AM »
We will need some type of a  frame for this 21 eraser set. I can envision a nice little black frame with a WP Eraser Logo on top and space to show off your wicked cool sculpted Eraser collection. If they are pretty flat with a a little 3D effect that might work.

DrDeal

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
We will need some type of a  frame for this 21 eraser set. I can envision a nice little black frame with a WP Eraser Logo on top and space to show off your wicked cool sculpted Eraser collection. If they are pretty flat with a a little 3D effect that might work.

DrDeal

Good idea.
Michael's has a nice variety of shadowbox frames. I may get one large enough to hold a sealed blister and regular pack as well.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
Michaels sounds like a good place to find one. Just look for a coupon for 30% off since I recall seeing them often.

DrDeal

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2011, 04:12:57 PM »
I was at my local comic shop (from whom I ordered a box of these erasers) today and asked what date they were expected to arrive.  I was told Wed March 16th, which I believe is the same date that's been given before (maybe it was the 9th).  I definitely look forward to these odd little Wackys arriving!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
I was at my local comic shop (from whom I ordered a box of these erasers) today and asked what date they were expected to arrive.  I was told Wed March 16th, which I believe is the same date that's been given before (maybe it was the 9th).  I definitely look forward to these odd little Wackys arriving!
How much was it for a box and how many come in a box? 24?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »
How much was it for a box and how many come in a box? 24?

If I recall correctly (and I believe I do), it was $72 for a box of 24 packs, each of which contained three erasers.  Now that I think about it, that's a buck an eraser, which does seem a bit high, but that is my recollection.  I believe a couple people ordered boxes more cheaply from an online store.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
I saw erasers in a vending machine inside the entry way of Toysrus so I guess there is some kind of eraser craze.  I love the concept, can't wait to see people grading erasers!
LOL. No doubt. Not the band. hahaha

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
Does anyone have a new link to buy these. I went to the site Daryl listed and they no longer list Wackys. I preordered from them but now I'm a bit worried.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
LOL. No doubt. Not the band. hahaha

Grading the erasers.....that is funny! I missed that post I guess.  If it has a couple rub marks from being used it would drop it to EX+! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2011, 06:21:30 PM »
Grading the erasers.....that is funny! I missed that post I guess.  If it has a couple rub marks from being used it would drop it to EX+! 

I would just ERASE the entire grading system... :] :] :] :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
I just checked my order and it linked it to the wacky erasers. Now it shows no available. Glad I ordered early. Now hope they show up.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
Any word on when these are coming out?  I saw a website that had a March 16 date but another one said June!  Any chance of it being this month?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
Any word on when these are coming out?  I saw a website that had a March 16 date but another one said June!  Any chance of it being this month?

Hmm... which website said June?  I was told by my local comic shop March 16.  Hope that's correct!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
 I saw the June date on the ToyWiz website.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »
I saw the June date on the ToyWiz website.

It sure says it...others still say March 16th..we'll see shortly...how many boxes did you pre-order?? I had ordered one awhile back...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
I called the local comic shop from which I ordered my box of erasers and was told it wouldn't be arriving this week.  Instead, it would be two weeks at the earliest.  Too bad.  With OLDS2 (and postcards?) coming soon, I can wait, but, geez, it's been a while since I've bought anything wacky.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
I called the local comic shop from which I ordered my box of erasers and was told it wouldn't be arriving this week.  Instead, it would be two weeks at the earliest.  Too bad.  With OLDS2 (and postcards?) coming soon, I can wait, but, geez, it's been a while since I've bought anything wacky.

thx for the info...ordered boxes from 2 diff places..."erase" everything you know and let the waiting begin!!!

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »
I called the local comic shop from which I ordered my box of erasers and was told it wouldn't be arriving this week.  Instead, it would be two weeks at the earliest.  
next week's releases were posted today, and no wacky erasers were listed for 3/23.
those other listings of May/June are starting to look pretty realistic

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
next week's releases were posted today, and no wacky erasers were listed for 3/23.
those other listings of May/June are starting to look pretty realistic

So...now were waiting on TWO accounts...OLDS2 and WP Erasers...Must be patient collectors... :]

Offline dth1971

« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
The erasers will be available in June?

Online Plastered Peanut

« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
Dude, I know I've read most of this thread, but when I came back to the forum after a few months, I'm back to post #1 of this thread.  Is this a known problem? 

I received an email from Leslie about Wacky Package erasers from Topps. She sent me a picture of the flyer but I can't add it to the forum on my iPhone. It's something about 22 erasers total packaged with one eraser and 3 cards. They seem to be all ANS titles. Anyone know about this?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2011, 04:43:58 AM »
Dude, I know I've read most of this thread, but when I came back to the forum after a few months, I'm back to post #1 of this thread.  Is this a known problem? 

You have to hit the 'NEW' button.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
You have to hit the 'NEW' button.

Yeah just click on the pic that looks like a little red Netflix envelope  :D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »

Hey, I like the Netflix new button. It's better than the starred blue button. It's also easier to hit while on the iPad.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2011, 04:14:28 PM »

You mean WetFlix!  :D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

anything