Author Topic: [W.O.W.] 1967 - 2010 Wacky Packages Series Are Online!  (Read 4678 times)

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
[W.O.W.] 1967 - 2010 Wacky Packages Series Are Online!
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:53:36 AM »
I'm  pleased to announce that I've just completed getting the first 35 Wacky Packages Series from 1967 - 2010 added to the WOW site! 

Simply click HERE to view any and all of the various series!

I'll be adding the 1986 Sticker Series as soon as I get the scans, as well as all the various chase cards and parallel sets for ANS and  FB I & FB II in the coming days to their respective sections, so keep checking back to see the new stuff as it get's added!

-Jay-

Offline ratchet007

Re: [W.O.W.] 1967 - 2010 Wacky Packages Series Are Online!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:24:52 AM »
Jay,
This is fantastic. An awesome place to go for easy reference. Thanks for all the hard work.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 06:52:29 AM »
Jay,
I've just left your site and noticed the following problem:
When I click on the pictures of the display boxes it takes me to the wrong series i.e. if I click on the first series it actually takes me to the second, click on the second series it takes me to the third, and so on. Thought I should bring it to your attention. LMK what you find out.
Brian.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 08:06:46 AM »
So Greg is OK with you using all of his photos? Which of these pix are from his site? Just the full box and the unopened pack pictures, or more? Just curious.

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Jay,
I've just left your site and noticed the following problem:
When I click on the pictures of the display boxes it takes me to the wrong series i.e. if I click on the first series it actually takes me to the second, click on the second series it takes me to the third, and so on. Thought I should bring it to your attention. LMK what you find out.
Brian.

I noticed the same thing this morning but there was no way I was going to stay up any longer to fix it lol, I crashed out about 9am just woke up about an hour ago.  I'll get it fixed up this afternoon.

-Jay-

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »
So Greg is OK with you using all of his photos? Which of these pix are from his site? Just the full box and the unopened pack pictures, or more? Just curious.

I won't lie lol, MOST of the OS stuff is from Greg's site, HOWEVER I spent over a month color correcting every single photo, as well as ditching some of them and finding replacements for them elsewhere.

Boxes, packs and checklists 1967 - 1991, (minus things that are not live yet) are also from Greg's site, and again all were color corrected, or lightened if they were too dark.

The simple fact of the matter is NONE of us can really lay any 'legal claim' to any of these photos as they are all copyrighted by Topps and or the original artists, even the worst scan I used from Greg's site, once i fixed it up in Photoshop and literally ended up with a brand new image no more belonged to me then the original belonged to Greg.

However, regardless of the laws that allow me to use the content of Greg's site I AM  in the process of trying to swap Greg's images with new images,  I just do not like that shadow effect that is on most  of those cards,  and I don't feel like spending months removing it in Photoshop.
secondly I really don't want to have ANY reason for people to not like the site,  and I'm sure there will be some people who will loath the site because they will feel I ripped off Greg's Site, 

(Quick detour)

I had originally wanted to create W.O.W and GIVE IT to Greg, as a revamp of his website and forums,  I spent the bulk of many months before I joined his board and looking over his site and making notes of what could be changed, tweaked, or made easier to navigate, I finally registered and 'spoke' with most of you 3 months ago.

when I had a demo ready to show Greg (and a shit-ton of questions lol) I started on the task of trying to get in contact with him, a few weeks later I did just that (finally lol) and during our phone conversation W.O.W never came up, within 10 mins of talking with him I decided to just shelve the idea, ask my questions and get the hell off the phone lol.

About a week later I was staring at  months of work down the drain and I was kind of pissed that no one was ever going to see it, but I decided to just say screw it,  continue the site, launch it, and let everyone enjoy it,  so that's what I did.

Over the last 3 months I've been assembling the site, gathering all the info I can, contacting the artists etc etc, what you see live now is still a work in progress

(End detour)

W.O.W. is a diff kind of site, and some people just might not get it at first,  it's NOT going to be ego-driven, or self serving in any way shape or form, it will be a pure portal of Wacky history, present and future, I aim to have EVERYTHING (not just what I like) on that site, along with audio interviews, 'essays' games and more. 

One of the main reasons I chose to use a new nickname here and on the W.O.W. site was to distance the site away from myself, but after giving it a bit of thought, I figured that having my identity be a 'secret' was going to be more counterproductive so I 'came out' so to speak lol.

I have no desire to be the 'King' or to lord over the hobby, I just want to have a place with anything and everything Wacky related, laid out in a way easy to get around and have a place where I can meet with friends and like minded others, and since I could not find that, I built it lol

But (wow I did not mean to make this so damn long lol) I want you, and everyone else to think of W.O.W as YOUR SITE, you drive the site, I don't require my back patted, but I appreciate the hell out of all of you who like the site, it makes the time spent doing this worth it!

And once I'm done gathering and posting all the info then it's up to YOU to keep it going (I'm not going to walk away from it mind you lol) But the site is setup to be driven by member content, news, links, galleries, etc etc any and all registered members are able to contribute to the site without me.

-Jay-