Author Topic: WANTED: Tootsie Troll BL Puzzle piece  (Read 9166 times)

Offline Kook

WANTED: Tootsie Troll BL Puzzle piece
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:12:34 AM »
I'm working on putting together the tootsie troll puzzle and still need the BL (bottom left) piece. If you have 1 of the 4 Neil said he made, or if you know someone who does,  please PM me or email me at bill@fusionpointtech.com. Thanks, Bill

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: WANTED: Tootsie Troll BL Puzzle piece
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
I'm working on putting together the tootsie troll puzzle and still need the BL (bottom left) piece. If you have 1 of the 4 Neil said he made, or if you know someone who does,  please PM me or email me at bill@fusionpointtech.com. Thanks, Bill

Just out of curiosity, how well do they fit together? I know nothing about how Neil created them, but I assume he did 4 seperate puzzles as similar as possible. The chances of getting all pieces from the same seem remote. So I just wondered how they all fit (different parts of the overall picture merging at the borders of each piece). Its hard to tell from the valiant efforts people have made to edit together scans of differently lit and sized pictures.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Kook

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how well do they fit together? I know nothing about how Neil created them, but I assume he did 4 seperate puzzles as similar as possible. The chances of getting all pieces from the same seem remote. So I just wondered how they all fit (different parts of the overall picture merging at the borders of each piece). Its hard to tell from the valiant efforts people have made to edit together scans of differently lit and sized pictures.

It's too early to tell at this point. I'm still waiting for a few of them to arrive in the mail. When I have them all in hand, I'll be able to tell better. I haven't come across anyone with the BL piece. Since there are 4 of them according to Neil, I'm hoping one will be found.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »

The couple dupes I have seen look very similar so I'm pretty sure whatever of the 4 identical pieces someone gets would work with the puzzle.  I'm sure Neil would have planned them that way.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »

I drew each puzzle peice 4 times and tried to make them identical, so it wouldn't matter which set of peices you got - they should all look the same. Also, the images were drawn without any margin, so theoretically, if you were to cut out the white boxes, all the peices would match up.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
Someone should definitely cut out all the white boxes just to be sure.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
Someone should definitely cut out all the white boxes just to be sure.

How soon do you predict this might happen????

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »
How soon do you predict this might happen????

You mean that was sarcasm about the cutting? What am I going to do with these sketch card pieces now?
I was one of these foolish teenagers who was annoyed at not having some complete sets and cut up both my original series posters. Only realized it was a "D'oh!" move until years later.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »
You mean that was sarcasm about the cutting? What am I going to do with these sketch card pieces now?
I was one of these foolish teenagers who was annoyed at not having some complete sets and cut up both my original series posters. Only realized it was a "D'oh!" move until years later.

I still have the original Wackys I collected in the early 70s, the complete sets of 1-9, 13 and most of 10... all stuck to sheets of paper.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
I still have the original Wackys I collected in the early 70s, the complete sets of 1-9, 13 and most of 10... all stuck to sheets of paper.

A logical and lower cost alternative to those nasty 9 pocket binder pages, eh? None of that glare off the plastic when looking through your collection.  ;)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »

I drew each puzzle peice 4 times and tried to make them identical, so it wouldn't matter which set of peices you got - they should all look the same. Also, the images were drawn without any margin, so theoretically, if you were to cut out the white boxes, all the peices would match up.
I was kind of hoping they'd be like original series puzzle pieces, where none of the pieces ever seemed to match another.
ok. not really.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »
I've got an upper left unfortunately for you, as I'm probably going to trade this away since I won't be tracking down any of the other pieces

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 03:00:54 AM »
In my schoolyard Wacky collecting crowd, Crust was an almost holy title and was seen as the highest value Wacky, for a plethora of reasons I can only vaguely remember now. Crust was viewed as incredibly rare, more so than any other title, and had this sacred, “First off the Press” type iconic status.

I remember wanting one so bad I got duped into trading some titles for a Crust some kid had cut out of a poster, I believe. I remember skeptically accepting it as trade, and probably used some lunch money to get it too. Like the basis of all con games, my greed overcame my rational powers, and I went ahead and took it and stared at that flimsy piece of paper for quite some time realizing I had gotten burned  :'(  . . . so much for the cornerstone of my collection.

Upon further analysis, my shrink would likely inform me this event triggered the birth of my lifetime of psychological disturbances

Offline Kook

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 03:19:56 AM »

I picked up the last piece I needed on ebay last night (BL). When all the pieces arrive from various locations I'll scan the sketch areas and post a nice mosaic sketch.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »
I picked up the last piece I needed on ebay last night (BL). When all the pieces arrive from various locations I'll scan the sketch areas and post a nice mosaic sketch.

Congrats! It will be nice to see it completed using nice scans. I'm going to update the puzzle I've been compiling with images of varying proportions. It won't look as nice as yours I'm sure :)

anything