Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 162405 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
Yes, new show is Sat/Sun, old show included Friday which was much more convenient for many of us.  I have a harder time giving up Saturdays for these shows.

This would be my 1st show attendance. For me, I have much better of a chance for getting Saturday's off than a Friday. I think I will definately have to check out that pinball place too but again, that would have to be either later on Saturday or possibly the next day Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to get off of work and then I look forward to meeting and trading with you guys. If I do get to go, I am brining my Wacky Guitar so Ron and I can jam !!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 07:52:34 PM »
This would be my 1st show attendance. For me, I have much better of a chance for getting Saturday's off than a Friday. I think I will definately have to check out that pinball place too but again, that would have to be either later on Saturday or possibly the next day Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to get off of work and then I look forward to meeting and trading with you guys. If I do get to go, I am brining my Wacky Guitar so Ron and I can jam !!
I guess I'm bringing my (Bass) See you there Jeff! 8)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 08:06:35 PM »
Hey Ron look forward to meetin' ya!

I posted this event on the calendar here, does anyone know if that results in everyone seeing the event or just me since I posted it?

To make this an easier question, does anyone see this when viewing May 1st on the calendar of this forum? - *Philly show

Was wondering.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
I would be up for going back to the pinball show on May 1 after the non-sport show if my schedule stays open. You may want to check on the pinball schedule for Sunday to make sure they don't start tearing the place down early.  I think greg likes to invite people(except for me of course) to his place which is an 45-60 min away from the Allentown show on the Saturday so my guess is that the group will be dispersed a bit as some will go home Saturday after the show, some will want to hang out near the show area and not make the trip to greg's.  The pinball show is barely 5 minutes away from the non-sport show.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »

I posted this event on the calendar here, does anyone know if that results in everyone seeing the event or just me since I posted it?

To make this an easier question, does anyone see this when viewing May 1st on the calendar of this forum? - *Philly show

Was wondering.

yes, I see the Non-sport show on May 1 in the calendar.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
Coooool. I am excited to hit the pinballs too. And just 5 min.s away is great. I really hope I can get off that day now! Thanks also for the -Sunday tear down early- info.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »

Was wondering.

Looking forward to meeting you too Jeff! See you in a few weeks! :o

Offline bandaches

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:37 PM »
Coooool. I am excited to hit the pinballs too. And just 5 min.s away is great. I really hope I can get off that day now! Thanks also for the -Sunday tear down early- info.
Let me know if you plan to arrive Friday to do the Pinball show.  My guess is that Brian L, Cheryl, John G(confirmed), me will be there on Friday as we have traditionally done. I can only do dinner if we do an early dinner like 5:00 as I need to be in Hoboken by 7:30 for a concert(Pat McGee Band) at Maxwells.  I will come back on Saturday to the non-sport show and see what people are doing that afternoon.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »
I definately will not be able to get Friday AND Saturday off. I will be lucky to get Saturday off IF I can. I hope! Sunday is easy for me to get off from work, but figures it's not the better day for either of the events.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
I submitted my request today to get the day off for May 1st. Keep your fingers crossed  ;)

If I do get that day off, it should be no problem getting Sunday the 2nd off too.  ;D

Why aren't these more than once a year !!!!!    ???

Offline bandaches

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
I submitted my request today to get the day off for May 1st. Keep your fingers crossed  ;)

If I do get that day off, it should be no problem getting Sunday the 2nd off too.  ;D

Why aren't these more than once a year !!!!!    ???
Because they are twice a year!!  There is another in October!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »
Oh, I forgot. Is the Oct. one at the same location??

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
Oh, I forgot. Is the Oct. one at the same location??
Yes it is Jeff.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 01:15:36 PM »
Hey all,

Mike from Shop Topps emailed me and asked if people want him to bring OS boxes, Binders, Posters and Uncut Sheets to the Philly show. If so, you will save all the shipping money (and get posters undamaged of course). He'd like to have a general number to know what to bring. LMK.

- Dave

Offline bandaches

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »
Hey all,

Mike from Shop Topps emailed me and asked if people want him to bring OS boxes, Binders, Posters and Uncut Sheets to the Philly show. If so, you will save all the shipping money (and get posters undamaged of course). He'd like to have a general number to know what to bring. LMK.

- Dave
Binders will officially be ready?  I didn't realize that.  Is the price basically what is on the website without shipping or are their further discounts/incentives to buy bulk in person?  Be careful, he may leave the show with zero Old School boxes remaining for the public :-) 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »
Hey all,

- Dave

Cool, I definitely would buy some items, if the binders are ready I'd get a couple of them, plus a couple sketch posters, and if I'm feeling lucky maybe a box or 2!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
Cool, I definitely would buy some items, if the binders are ready I'd get a couple of them, plus a couple sketch posters, and if I'm feeling lucky maybe a box or 2!
I hope I can make it, I'm  very ill  & in the hospital, I feel like Im dying...Ron

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 04:46:10 PM »
Hey all,

- Dave

I'm planning on attending my very first show and would definately want to purchase binders and probably boxes too.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
I hope I can make it, I'm  very ill  & in the hospital, I feel like Im dying...Ron
Well that was scary! I have an "intestinal infection" they said w/my weak imune system it was a good thing I came to the Hospital, the Doctor told me without the antibiotics it probably would have killed me! I'm feeling 100% better than I was just a little while ago (probably the morphine! LOL :])...See you all at the "show" All my Wacky best & greatful to be alive!!!!...RonZ 8)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »
I'm planning on attending my very first show and would definately want to purchase binders and probably boxes too.
I would deffinitly be in for: (1) Binder, (2) "OLd School Boxes" (1) "B.C. Cola" (uncut-sheet) & (1) "Sketch-Card" (Poster) Thanks a bunch...RonZ 8)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:55:17 PM by RonZombie »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »
Well that was scary! I have an "intestinal infection" they said w/my weak imune system it was a good thing I came to the Hospital, the Doctor told me without the antibiotics it probably would have killed me! I'm feeling 100% better than I was just a little while ago (probably the morphine! LOL :])...See you all at the "show" All my Wacky best & greatful to be alive!!!!...RonZ 8)
Glad you are doing better dude!

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2010, 04:50:33 AM »
Hey all,

- Dave

I would buy at least 2 binders. 

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2010, 05:02:02 AM »
Glad you are doing better dude!
Thanks Ernie, I still feel pretty crappy but nothing like yesterday! I thought I was checking out this time for sure! I guess I slipped out of the "Reapers" hand once again...I'm afraid one of theese days my luck will run out.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2010, 08:57:24 AM »

Glad to hear you're back on your feet Ron…………bring some of that Morphine to the show and we'll PARTY!!   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »
Glad to hear you're back on your feet Ron…………bring some of that Morphine to the show and we'll PARTY!!  
Thanks Rob...See you in a couple of weeks! And we will party for sure!!! ;)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »
Hey Ron, glad your feeling better !! That reaper must think of you like Bill & Ted !! :] Hope to see you at the show, my work said that it is very likely that I'll be able to get the day off (although it has been officially approved yet).

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »
Hey Ron, glad your feeling better !! That reaper must think of you like Bill & Ted !! :] Hope to see you at the show, my work said that it is very likely that I'll be able to get the day off (although it has been officially approved yet).
He (The Reaper) has been chasing me my whole life! Seriously I've had about 15 near death experiences since I was 8 years old that's when I got into a head on collision w/a car on my bicycle, almost drowned, the list goes on & on. Hopefully I will see you in a couple of weeks! Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2010, 01:10:56 PM »
He (The Reaper) has been chasing me my whole life! Seriously I've had about 15 near death experiences since I was 8 years old that's when I got into a head on collision w/a car on my bicycle, almost drowned, the list goes on & on. Hopefully I will see you in a couple of weeks! Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)
We will need to do a last minute real head count on who is attending, when they will be in town and such.  My plans are still to play pinball Friday, head to Hoboken Friday night for a concert, sleep at home Friday night, head back to Allentown on Saturday for the show and then open to what happens after that as the show itself may prove to be borning about 2 hours after wandering around.  There is usually trading at the tables by the cafe. 

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
We will need to do a last minute real head count on who is attending, when they will be in town and such.  My plans are still to play pinball Friday, head to Hoboken Friday night for a concert, sleep at home Friday night, head back to Allentown on Saturday for the show and then open to what happens after that as the show itself may prove to be borning about 2 hours after wandering around.  There is usually trading at the tables by the cafe. 
I'll be there for sure Ernie! Looking forward to seeing you there. I've got the "Reapers" # He is not gonna get me anytime soon...I hope!!! :-\

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
I should know better tomorrow if I can get that day approved off. I was told that is look very likely at this time..

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 08:14:10 AM »
We will need to do a last minute real head count on who is attending, when they will be in town and such. 
My intention is to still be going on Saturday in time for opening (10:00) and will likely hang until near closing time (4:00-5:00). I also intend to drive my '64 Impala there, but until I get final word from my mechanic (my brother), this is not absolute. I suspect it'll be worthy of the trip by then (it probably is now, actually).

Offline bandaches

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 03:53:02 PM »
My intention is to still be going on Saturday in time for opening (10:00) and will likely hang until near closing time (4:00-5:00). I also intend to drive my '64 Impala there, but until I get final word from my mechanic (my brother), this is not absolute. I suspect it'll be worthy of the trip by then (it probably is now, actually).
So if I get there late again and you wander out for a bathroom break and see me waiting on line to get in like the last show, don't tell greg, it will ruin his dillusion that I sneak into shows early.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
So if I get there late again and you wander out for a bathroom break and see me waiting on line to get in like the last show, don't tell greg, it will ruin his dillusion that I sneak into shows early.

...and don't forget to cut in front of greg in the lunch line.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline bandaches

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
...and don't forget to cut in front of greg in the lunch line.
Oh you know it!  This time, it will be video-taped via cell phone camera.  I think maybe I will cut in front of him for the main line to get into the show since he will accuse me of sneaking in early anyway.....anyone see a theme there?  When greg was a kid, did his peers cut in front of him in line at the cafeteria or something?  What is with his obsession with worrying about cutting in line whether it be for food or to get into a show?  I wonder if he is one of those people who refuses to adhere to alternating traffic when a lane is closed on the highway? Sounds like a high blood pressure situation waiting to happen!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2010, 08:51:38 AM »
I'll be sure to tell him that, like the total sneak you are, you got in early and nabbed everything worth anything. LOL

anything