Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163594 times)

Online bigtomi

Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »
I have Brad, BigTomi and Sue Me covered
Got my Peepers the other day, Ernie!! THANKS!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »
I'd say it the buyers choice, eveybody is not a completist and everyone does not have an unlimited budget to use either probably.
Besides that, it is totally up the the individual what they like and don't like even if funds were no prob.

I guess what I am getting at is that these sets (LE with all the cards) are being torn apart and sold as individuals. Wouldn't the whole set be more desirable in the future? There sure won't be many floating around.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2010, 04:59:20 PM »
I guess what I am getting at is that these sets (LE with all the cards) are being torn apart and sold as individuals. Wouldn't the whole set be more desirable in the future? There sure won't be many floating around.

I guess 1st you'd have to think if the individual parts of the set and ask are they recognizable as part of the set when separated. Especially into the future, is there information on the individual pieces that corralate it to the set? If not, collectors who aren't hardcore collectors in the future might not recognize the item as being "part" of a set and therefore not place less of a value on it. On the other hand, if it IS recognized as piece of a set, then it might not hold as much value in the future because of it's determination of being "incomplete". So for this reason I'd have to say yeah it would be wiser to keep them together and not break up the set. Still, even knowing that, collectors might want just a piece of the set and not the whole set for some reason or other. Different strokes for different folks...
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2010, 07:07:58 AM »
I've had several buyers that I've sold bio-sets to tell me they have no interest in the postcards because they only collect trading card size cards.  There is a lot of variety about who collects what so I don't see anything wrong with breaking sets down.  From a buyer standpoint and to Ernies point when I get one limited set and then want the other sketch cards I don't need or want the rest of the package so why pay for it?  Now the COA's are different as they should always be kept with the sketch cards, but the rest could always be assembled back together separately.

I agree, breaking down sets doesn't bother me.  Besides, pretty much every 'set' is broken down in time.  Every time a single sticker is sold, a set is broken, no?  IOf that were the belief, shouldn't a Pupsi never be sold separate from a series 10 set?  Besides, if no one wants it, it won't sell.  But if it is in demand, it will. The market decides pretty much everything.

BTW, one thing that does bother me is when looking on ebay lately, there are lots of people selling tons of individual ANS and Flashback stickers.  They are listing hundreds of these things, and they don't even list ANS or flashback in the title, so when I try to block them out (by listing it as -ans*) they still show up and I have to blow through all of these auctions.  These things never sell.  Ugh!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
I agree, breaking down sets doesn't bother me.  Besides, pretty much every 'set' is broken down in time.  Every time a single sticker is sold, a set is broken, no?  IOf that were the belief, shouldn't a Pupsi never be sold separate from a series 10 set?  Besides, if no one wants it, it won't sell.  But if it is in demand, it will. The market decides pretty much everything.

BTW, one thing that does bother me is when looking on ebay lately, there are lots of people selling tons of individual ANS and Flashback stickers.  They are listing hundreds of these things, and they don't even list ANS or flashback in the title, so when I try to block them out (by listing it as -ans*) they still show up and I have to blow through all of these auctions.  These things never sell.  Ugh!

I guess it must be my hangup on the LE sets ;)

I totally agree on the ebay thing. You do a search for wacky packages and you get about 5000 results. No wonder peoples auctions get lost in the shuffle.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »

Those are probably folks who have no interest whatsoever in Wacky's (imagine that). So because of their lack of knowledge, they probably test the E-bay search by typing in Wacky Packages and nothing else - no series name. Then they decide, wow, these cards are probably worth a lot so I'll list it. Oh yeah and now the actual listing is free until it sells right? For that reason alone people will throw up anything for sale. I stopped selling on e-bay because of their rediculous new rules.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
I guess it must be my hangup on the LE sets ;)

I totally agree on the ebay thing. You do a search for wacky packages and you get about 5000 results. No wonder peoples auctions get lost in the shuffle.

One thing that does bug me however is breaking down the bio-sets into individual cards!  I would think 99% of us would either want all 6 or none at all.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
One thing that does bug me however is breaking down the bio-sets into individual cards!  I would think 99% of us would either want all 6 or none at all.
I agree with you!  BTW - does anyone know how to eliminate seeing auctions for certain sellers?  I know we can put (-) in front of words to filter ANS and so on but I think a good way to get a search on ebay to be fruitful for wackys is to filter out the sellers who keep listing single stickers and other nonsensical 25 cent items.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »
I agree with you!  BTW - does anyone know how to eliminate seeing auctions for certain sellers?  I know we can put (-) in front of words to filter ANS and so on but I think a good way to get a search on ebay to be fruitful for wackys is to filter out the sellers who keep listing single stickers and other nonsensical 25 cent items.

I am not quite sure but I think you can ignore a seller similar as to how you add a favorite seller. I could be wrong since I haven't found a need.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2010, 03:07:49 PM »
Did anyone take and post pictures from the show?  This is the first time that I can remember when there was a show where there wasnt at least a group shot of who went posted on a wacky forum.  Used to be you would see a group shot within a day or two of the show.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »
Did anyone take and post pictures from the show?  This is the first time that I can remember when there was a show where there wasnt at least a group shot of who went posted on a wacky forum.  Used to be you would see a group shot within a day or two of the show.

What? Not one of you brought a camera?

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
I didnt go....LOL.  I would have liked to have seen some pictures from the show, though!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
I am sure everyone's cell phones take pics yet none of us thought to take pics, we were busy trading, eating, and most of us bolted within a few hours to go home or the pinball show.  It was like a blur, everything seemed to happen very fast but was definitely a great hangout.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28:58 AM »
The revised price is probably to cover the cost of 2 McDonalds extra value meals
:]
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2010, 01:43:41 AM »
Some notes from the show:

Really good vibe with everyone, thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with the folks I already knew as well as meeting folks whom I hadn't hooked up with before! 

As usual, there were relatively slim pickens from the dealers, I found a few deals in getting some series 16 puzzle pieces for $3(non right side), and good prices on Runaway, Mess Clairol, Windhex and a few others in that category.  My "find" for the show was finally getting a Stench Berries Sketch and an extra Wanderbread color to be used to trade to get other sketches I need.  I was surprised that any dealer had sketches so this made my show for me!

Trading was less feverish than previous years mainly because 1/2 of us took off to the pinball show and others seemed to need to leave in the middle of the afternoon.  With good turnouts like this show, the tables we do our trading are quite inadequate so we should consider moving to an unused store space.

Pinball show was a bit lame as the crowd was larger and it seemd more machines weren't set up with free credits so I spent an equal amount of time waiting to play games as actually playing. 

Sorry I missed the dinner hangout gang, I had to tend to my wife freaking out about our youngest Pug seeming to be ill.  I was pretty wiped out by that point anyway and wouldn't have survived two more hours until dinner.  Baby Pug is fine and it seems the extreme heat and humidity got to her.   Thanks to all who wished her well!

Ern,

I'm reading through the posts on this thread and forgive me if I reply too "early" but it seems these NEW software for the boards doesn't appreciate anyone interjecting a thought or humor (cause it automatically sends you to the end of the thread)  ....well.......us old farts have to adjust........anywho......DO I HAVE TO PRELUDE THAT WITH EVERY "PREMATURE" POST I POST?
anywho..........where was i..............
I wish all the possible wellness to your pug.  You know, as others that know me, I love my doggies like children. 
I was just thinking 2nite about seeing my mom, grandparents, 1st doggie, 2nd doggie, and brother I've never known in heaven.......who says dying is bad?  I almost welcome it, but as much as I welcome life (dont want to give any vibes that might be considered suicidal).  I believe that life after death is going to be something that is so fantasictly fantastic it will be undescribable. 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
Ern,

I'm reading through the posts on this thread and forgive me if I reply too "early" but it seems these NEW software for the boards doesn't appreciate anyone interjecting a thought or humor (cause it automatically sends you to the end of the thread)  ....well.......us old farts have to adjust........anywho......DO I HAVE TO PRELUDE THAT WITH EVERY "PREMATURE" POST I POST?
anywho..........where was i..............
I wish all the possible wellness to your pug.  You know, as others that know me, I love my doggies like children. 
I was just thinking 2nite about seeing my mom, grandparents, 1st doggie, 2nd doggie, and brother I've never known in heaven.......who says dying is bad?  I almost welcome it, but as much as I welcome life (dont want to give any vibes that might be considered suicidal).  I believe that life after death is going to be something that is so fantasictly fantastic it will be undescribable. 

Hey Plastered.
1. the forum brings to to the end because that is where you are posting. You can't post between posts.
2. Once your dead you won't know your dead because your dead!  ;D

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
If someone has an extra Reese's Promo to sell, please let me know. I need one for a friend.

:D

Offline Turbo

« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:49 PM »
I think I now know why auctions by Turbo and Thejoje bug me so much. Nothing against these guys at all (Turbo, don't take this the wrong way and think you have to defend yourself, this is only my observation of your sales).
I understand that guys have to sell stuff but for me the biggest issue is the postcards. I believe the limited edition post cards have to be complete with everything you get with a LE postcard such as the sketch, certificate, bio cards, & special insert. I see auctions where they sell all the pieces individually and totally destroy the whole package. Maybe I am wrong here but I like to get everything with a LE set. Maybe people are used to subsets and such with special inserts but I want the whole think in tact when I buy it. I have a few postcard sketches that I have purchased and traded for but without all the other stuff it's not the same.
My belief is that all the stuff that comes with the LE sketch cards belong with the sketch card set. There are only 200 or so of each LE post card set and with all the pieces sold off it just bugs me. Again this is my opinion but I believe they are sold that way as a total LE set. You don't get them with the regular post cards for a reason because it's not an LE set.
You could say, why are people buying the OLDS sketches and that is part of the set. I don't see it that way since it's not a limited edition that goes with the all the cards that make up the LE set.
I do believe that the people that retain the whole set of postcards will be better off. This could be due to resell or trade value.
Do you all agree this makes sense with the post cards or am I just the only one?

Another analogy is I sold a Harry Potter LE 5 disc Blue-Ray set on ebay and a guy sent it back to me because it was missing one of the bookmarks. He got it for $60, which is a hell of a deal for 5 blu-ray movies and he spent $12 sending it back to me because it wasn't complete. I sold it because of the movies but he didn't see it that way. He wanted the whole LE set.

You do the same thing and sell your extra postcard sets, bio sets and bonus cards in seperate listings.

So your telling me you don't sell the bonus card, postcards and bio set seprately? I seen you sell just the postcards and just the bio set by themselves on other postcard series without the sketch card.

When I sell a sketch the COA goes with it, I don't break it up like joje.

The bonus card, bio set and postcards aren't numbered like the sketch and coa so what's the big deal and some people only want the sketch and coa.

So it's ok for you to sell your postcards, bio set and bonus card seprately without the sketch and coa but not ok for me.

Any sketch I ever sold the coa goes with it, and the only time I sell a sketch is if it's a double.

So your selling your colored sketch on eBay for $799 without the postcards, bio card and bonus card  which is way more then I would sell the smokin Joe colored I pulled but since I'm a collector I'm keeping my color sketch I pulled.

I don't get why you posted my name when I do the same thing you do and I never sold a sketch without a coa.

Offline Turbo

« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »

You do the same thing and sell your extra postcard sets, bio sets and bonus cards in seperate listings.

So your telling me you don't sell the bonus card, postcards and bio set seprately? I seen you sell just the postcards and just the bio set by themselves on other postcard series without the sketch card.

The bonus card, bio set and postcards aren't numbered like the sketch and coa so what's the big deal and some people only want the sketch and coa.

So it's ok for you to sell your postcards, bio set and bonus card seprately without the sketch and coa but not ok for me.

Any sketch I ever sold the coa goes with it, and the only time I sell a sketch is if it's a double.

So your selling your colored sketch on eBay for $799 without the postcards, bio card and bonus card  which is way more then I would sell the smokin Joe colored I pulled but since I'm a collector I'm keeping my color sketch I pulled.

I don't get why you posted my name when I do the same thing you do and I never sold a sketch without a coa.

I don't need a bonus card, bio set and postcard set for every sketch I keep, so I sell the extras off. If I kept every single set I would be called a greedy hoarder then. It doesn't matter what I do someone will always have something to say.

Your post makes no sense brad, you sell all the extras seperatly and post that they should be kept together. If it bothers you so much then why do you sell just the bio set, bonus card and postcards without the sketch and coa.
I never sold the sketch without the coa or the sketch without the numbered postcards.

I sold one of my series 3 doubles and I gave the 3 postcards with the sketch since they are numbered. I only sell the stuff that isn't numbered to the sketch just like you do every series

I don't get why you complain about something you do yourself.

It bothers me when I see a postcard sketch card without the coa since the coa goes with the sketch.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »

I just saw this post and actually that is correct. Back in May I didn't understand people selling off the extra's from the limited collection Postcard sets. I felt they should be kept together as a set. That was my opinion at the time. People chimed in and gave their thoughts on what should go down with the sets and that is the sketch could be sold separately with the newer series because the postcards weren't numbered after series 3. I would expect that the first 3 series should be kept together but with the later sets this makes sense since the COA should follow the sketch and not the postcards since the postcards are labeled limited edition. To me, the comments made sense. Why should I hold on to 4 bio sets and bonus cards after series 3 since I didn't really need them. Why not sell them to buy more sketches.
At this point these series are so cannibalized that who am I to judge. It just seemed like you were buying sets to sell of each piece individually. I know that people are strange in what they want to collect so you never know. For some reason, at the time, it just seemed wrong that some of these sets would not be complete. Now I see where everything is going and it really doesn't matter.
Collecting changes all the time. Now it's time to sell off what you don't need. Since back in May I have seen some really strange stuff so now it really doesn't affect me anymore. People (collectors) do change. It sometimes takes some of use awhile for what is happening to sink in. Everything is for sale. That just makes the sets that are complete that much more appealing in the future. No one knows what future value holds so if you can make some money and still support your collecting habit then more power to you. That is what I am doing and it seems to be working.
I think me and you are now good. We have both said out peace.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2011, 10:08:47 AM »
So, who will be going to the show May 14th and/or 15th?  I really wanted to go Saturday the 14th, but I just realized I have to go to a First Communion instead.  I'm not sure about Sunday.  Bummed about missing seeing everyone and participating in the Saturday trading, and also about missing out on the Cereal Killer promos.  If anyone can get a promo package for me, I'd be grateful.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2011, 10:28:05 AM »
So, who will be going to the show May 14th and/or 15th?  I really wanted to go Saturday the 14th, but I just realized I have to go to a First Communion instead.  I'm not sure about Sunday.  Bummed about missing seeing everyone and participating in the Saturday trading, and also about missing out on the Cereal Killer promos.  If anyone can get a promo package for me, I'd be grateful.

I'll be there on Saturday.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »
I'll be there on Saturday.

As far as I know Dave, I'll be there on Sat.

Online bigtomi

« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2011, 03:31:39 PM »
I really wanted to go Saturday the 14th, but I just realized I have to go to a First Communion instead.
God would understand. Just 'cause He can be everywhere at once, doesn't mean you can....

Taz

« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »

I had my trip planned for my 1st Philly show until I was informed that would be the same weekend as my daughter's First Holy Communion as well. 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »
Looks like I can't make it either so I would also be grateful if someone can pick up a promo package. 
Anyone going to the Pinball show the following weekend in Allentown?  I may make that if my schedule allows.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »
Looks like I can't make it either so I would also be grateful if someone can pick up a promo package. 
Anyone going to the Pinball show the following weekend in Allentown?  I may make that if my schedule allows.

Can't make the Philly show this time around either. Anyone can pick up a promo package for me too that would be great! I'll gladly reimburse you for the cost & shipping.

Can't make that Pinball show either, but I do plan on attending the Silverball Pinball Museum sometime in Asbury Park.

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2011, 10:34:55 PM »
Actually just went to the Allentown one over the weekend and no wacky stuff :( planning on going to the may1 show in essington at the ramada right? And then there is another one like july 16 or something like that. Anyone know of any others? Baltimore had one at the crown plaza a couple weeks ago and they advertised non sport trading cards, but when we got there, none of them showed and there was only like 4 vendors  :P I did meet a guy at a flea market who said to contact him because he has some vintage wackies at home and no one has asked him for years, never uses the computer or ebay (so this should be interesting) ill let u all know how I make out and if I get any good finds to share with my buddies here.
KIM :)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »
Could someone pick up a Wacky Promo Package for me (if they have one)? I'm happy to pay for it (and a little xtra).  :great:

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
Could someone pick up a Wacky Promo Package for me (if they have one)? I'm happy to pay for it (and a little xtra).  :great:

Same here.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
I too cannot make it to the show. Anyone that can help a brother out with the promos would be most appreciated. I of course will pay for any costs.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2011, 11:45:30 AM »
me also

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
I will try to 'hustle' down there...with crew..we'll clip anything that's not nailed down...bring back what we can...what's the promo giveaway?? besides the cereal killers...ANS8 ? PC  Series 7 ?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »
RonZombie will be there. Send him my love. By the way, he just quit the BBQ forum forever...again.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »
I am planning on being at the show on Saturday ;D

anything