Author Topic: Wacky Packages Ans11 Diecuts  (Read 308 times)

Offline baileysr

Wacky Packages Ans11 Diecuts
« on: March 20, 2024, 01:54:20 PM »
Does anyone know anything about these having 2 different backs?  There seems to be discussions on this as of lately.  I have some where the copyright is bottom/right side and top/left side.  Is there any info anywhere on this and is one more rare then the other?   Thanks

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Ans11 Diecuts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 03:15:45 PM »
Does anyone know anything about these having 2 different backs?  There seems to be discussions on this as of lately.  I have some where the copyright is bottom/right side and top/left side.  Is there any info anywhere on this and is one more rare then the other?   Thanks
yes. I noticed this not long after the set came out years ago. I had a few examples, but never pursued them in detail.
Recently though, Greg Grant was updating his website to include all the information on the ANS11 series. I let him know that there were die-cut variations, which he'd also need to include, but I didn't have much detail on them at the time.
Since then, we've both looked at a good number of die-cut cards, and it appears that it's only the upper half of the set (28-55) that has both orientations of the copyright text.
The lower # half only has one orientation, without variation.
It also seemed like the two orientations of the text for the higher # cards was evenly split. i.e. neither was 'rare'.
Here's what Greg has written up so far.

https://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/ans11/diecut_vars.html

also, I'm curious where these recent discussions are taking place that you mention?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 04:13:43 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline baileysr

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 06:06:22 PM »
Hi there and appreciate the info.  I sell a ton of stuff on Ebay and have quite a few buyers always asking me questions through Ebay messages and my personal email.

Offline baileysr

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 06:15:49 PM »
I also just checked the ones I have and they are within the same numbers that you are referrencing.

anything