Wacky Packages Discussion > General Wacky Packages Discussion

I think I have a idea for a future moneypot for Topps. What do you think?

(1/9) > >>

Corndog:
During my early morning walk I was thinking of an idea for a new series that just help put Wacky Packages back on the map.

While I was having a brainstorming session of one, I thought what is a HUGE topic that has been in the news a lot? What has been polluting everything we do and buy day to day? What does everyone hate and/or love at the same time? What can we make fun of that might help people vent and laugh at? What could help bring in those lost souls that have no Wacky Packs in their life, and might help them find true happiness in our Wacky world?

Short answer is POLITICS. I know we had some wacky packages in the past that briefly touched on this touchy subject, and now are hard to find at a affordable price. However, how about having a set or series of sets similar to Attacky Packages, but have some past Wacky subjects modified by current/past politicians? Or even make new products endorsed by local celebrity politicians?

There could be subsets of popular Senators or Congress members. Heck even a subset of influential celebrities that have polluted our lives with politics.

We can have a political flashback series that republish previous political Wackies, and make new wacky products for older political figures from the past from decades ago. Of course we can have subsets of foreign political figures as well.

If done correctly I can see people searching for ALL of these Wackies no matter who their favorite politician is. Satire is FUN, especially when even touchy topics are addressed.

What say you? Do you think Topps could do such a thing? I know many people that are so sick and tired of politics dragging us down, but why not have a Wacky set that helps us laugh at the those who think they are better than us.

:08:

DrDeal:
Great idea; but in the past, Topps would only support anti-right politics. The left was off limits based on what we have seen in the past.
Maybe that has changed with new ownership?

Lavirus:
Sorry, terrible idea. Politics is so far from funny these days that I fail to see who the audience would be.

koduck:
We've considered doing politics for both gpk and wackys over the last couple years. For now, the idea has been nixed, mostly due to the volatile state of politics lately. But who knows, the idea will probably resurface again in the future...

JailOJohn:
Unfortunately, I agree with Lavirus. Theres nothing funny or Wacky about these bozos from both parties who are ruining our country. They also have no sense of humor and might threaten litigation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version