Author Topic: Steve Crockett (Crockpot comics)  (Read 1571 times)

Offline crockpotcomics

Steve Crockett (Crockpot comics)
« on: July 19, 2023, 09:48:54 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to doing wacky packages sketch cards. Finished up my Rookie sets of GPK and Wacky Packages over the past few months. I can't wait to see people post about pulling one of my cards or even seeing them sold for crazy prices on ebay. Here is what I did for the new set. Hopefully they start shipping them out soon.

Offline quas

Re: Steve Crockett (Crockpot comics)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 01:44:46 AM »
Nice!  Welcome!
Marc

Offline crockpotcomics

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 06:07:44 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 06:25:04 PM »
Some great classics!
Alex

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 08:03:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to doing wacky packages sketch cards. Finished up my Rookie sets of GPK and Wacky Packages over the past few months. I can't wait to see people post about pulling one of my cards or even seeing them sold for crazy prices on ebay. Here is what I did for the new set. Hopefully they start shipping them out soon.

I’m not a big sketch card guy, preferring those that closely match the original character artwork like the earliest Jay Lynch cards done for Old School, but I have to say I really like the approach used here.  Taking a cartoony concept and making it even more cartoony, somewhat faithful to the original art but a little crazier without pushing it to cosmic limits.  And of course the color really makes them pop.  Cant say enough.  Makes me want to get a set of felt tip markers and try a few of my own!

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 03:39:40 AM »
I’m not a big sketch card guy, preferring those that closely match the original character artwork like the earliest Jay Lynch cards done for Old School, but I have to say I really like the approach used here.  Taking a cartoony concept and making it even more cartoony, somewhat faithful to the original art but a little crazier without pushing it to cosmic limits.  And of course the color really makes them pop.  Cant say enough. 

I have to agree.  I would welcome Topps releasing a set of these, instead of as 1/1 sketch cards, for a 50th anniversary celebration.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 03:24:12 PM »
I didn't want to say it first, I didn't want it to offend because I'm not. Yes, it is very Sat morning cartoony and I love the style. Hit home in many ways. Would love to score 1 from my packs.

Offline crockpotcomics

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 04:32:04 PM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate all your feedback. As a cartoonist my work is very cartoony. So I am 100% ok with my work being referred to as such. lol

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 05:13:15 PM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate all your feedback. As a cartoonist my work is very cartoony. So I am 100% ok with my work being referred to as such. lol
Put another way, these would have been the ultimate cereal box prize back when they were the norm, as opposed to today where they are almost non-existent.  A dream prize for the kid in me!

anything