Author Topic: Off the Market Series 4  (Read 6244 times)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: Off the Market Series 4
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2023, 11:07:36 AM »
The sets are assembled and most of the sketches are done.
Was trying to buy postage online and print out labels, but payment keeps getting rejected no matter what credit card I use or even if I try PayPal. Not sure what the issue is.

I may have to take all the boxes to the PO and wait in line and have the worker print out labels individual labels.

Either way, shouldn't be too long!

Yes, i'd like to know, too.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2023, 11:27:07 AM »
Thank you for your efforts. I know that the world is not easy these days, even basic tasks and things like paying for postage...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2023, 01:02:10 PM »
The sets are assembled and most of the sketches are done.
Was trying to buy postage online and print out labels, but payment keeps getting rejected no matter what credit card I use or even if I try PayPal. Not sure what the issue is.

I may have to take all the boxes to the PO and wait in line and have the worker print out labels individual labels.

Either way, shouldn't be too long!

Try using a debit card!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2023, 09:37:18 PM »
Had someone else try it to make sure it wasn't just me. I even opened a different postal account and had the same issue. It doesn't tell me what the problem is, only something about the payment. And all the payment methods are being declined.

So going to the PO tomorrow to mail the first batch. Hope the people behind me in line won't be in a hurry.

Try using a debit card!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2023, 02:11:12 AM »
Had someone else try it to make sure it wasn't just me. I even opened a different postal account and had the same issue. It doesn't tell me what the problem is, only something about the payment. And all the payment methods are being declined.

So going to the PO tomorrow to mail the first batch. Hope the people behind me in line won't be in a hurry.

Have you tried using shipstation via your paypal account? That's works pretty well.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2023, 04:02:06 AM »

Bummer.  I had the same problems, and a friend said that was how she resolved the issue, by switching to a debit card.  I never did get it set up because I couldn't get past the shipping method - it would only let me use priority!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2023, 04:10:11 AM »
Have you tried using shipstation via your paypal account? That's works pretty well.

Andrew

I might give that a try.  Are the fees bad?

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2023, 11:49:42 AM »
Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into it for next time. I send these priority.
I went to the PO today and mailed out the first batch. Next batch tomorrow!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2023, 12:53:12 PM »
 :1rij:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2023, 02:26:57 PM »
Got my pages all ready!!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2023, 03:35:39 PM »
Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into it for next time. I send these priority.

I'm going to wait a bit for you to catch up before I buy a set. LMK if you're running low though.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2023, 06:04:29 PM »
You can order later if you want, but don't wait for my sake. It's easier to send these in batches.  ;)

I'm going to wait a bit for you to catch up before I buy a set. LMK if you're running low though.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2023, 07:20:35 PM »
I hope I'm among that first batch; I can't wait to see this!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 07:26:55 PM by mikecho »

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2023, 10:32:14 PM »

Thanks Mark! Looking forward to this set. Never disappoints!

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 07:53:44 AM »
Between this set and the ANS 2023, my sticker budget for the quarter is blown…but in a good way.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2023, 12:58:14 PM »
All the sets have been mailed!

Thanks for the kind comments. You guys make it fun to put these sets together.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2023, 02:53:03 PM »
All the sets have been mailed!

Thanks for the kind comments. You guys make it fun to put these sets together.

When do you think you will be getting the next batch ready? I'm in no rush. I just don't want to miss it before it sells out.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2023, 04:31:21 PM »
When do you think you will be getting the next batch ready? I'm in no rush. I just don't want to miss it before it sells out.

I have some ready to go right now. Once I get an order I will send them out.

Offline quas

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2023, 10:09:03 AM »
Got 'em today and I was LOL'ing!
Marc

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2023, 11:23:53 AM »
Outstanding!!! Love the box.

Smitten

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2023, 04:38:03 PM »
Got Em!  Hog Wheels is very on point.  Love the set!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2023, 05:02:56 AM »
Hi Mark. Payment sent to you for 1 set! Looking forward to them after reading all the rave reviews!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2023, 02:42:26 PM »
Got 'em today and I was LOL'ing!

Thanks! Great to know.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2023, 02:43:13 PM »
Outstanding!!! Love the box.

Smitten

Thanks! The box will also flatten if you'd rather display it in a binder.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2023, 03:47:51 PM »
Thanks! The box will also flatten if you'd rather display it in a binder.
Thanks for revealling that! Will it fit in the pocket of a plastic page too?

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2023, 05:27:46 PM »
Thanks for revealling that! Will it fit in the pocket of a plastic page too?

Not in the 9-pocket pages. You'll need a bigger pocket.
It's 3.75" x 7.25" unfolded

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2023, 07:33:08 PM »
Mark, another great set! I really enjoy the bonus card subset. Some good laughs. I’ll add my voice to others’ requests for a binder or for some binder art that can be inserted in blank binders. Would really allow us to show off your ever increasing parody sets. They say you shouldn”t judge a book by its cover… but sometimes you can  :].
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2023, 02:53:26 AM »
Fantastic set!  I loved Hogwheels, Looky Charms, Green Eggs and Harm, too many to list.  Thanks for the laughs!!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2023, 10:23:37 AM »
A great series, Mark, as usual! I can't believe Topps rejected these potential Wackys in all four of these series! A lot of them are great!

1 Musketeer and Work-Doh: why, Topps, why? Those two were givens, for crying out loud!

And I even got a whole bunch of parodies to add to my "Most-Parodied Wacky" thread! Thanks again, Mark! Can't wait for the next one, even though I know it's going to be the last one for a long, long time, since you'll have caught up with yourself by that time.

UPDATE: As I was tearing down the box for recycling, I noticed it had the date arrival on it as 3/27/23. And that's exactly when it arrived! I guess you still trust the USPS. If it was mailed on 3/24/23 as stated here, that's only four days between the time it was mailed out and the time it got here! Ah, Priority Mail, what would we do without you and how did we do it without you?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:40:52 PM by mikecho »

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2023, 12:54:54 PM »
Fantastic set!  I loved Hogwheels, Looky Charms, Green Eggs and Harm, too many to list.  Thanks for the laughs!!

Thank you, Pat! You've always been a big supporter of these.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2023, 12:57:06 PM »
Mark, another great set! I really enjoy the bonus card subset. Some good laughs. I’ll add my voice to others’ requests for a binder or for some binder art that can be inserted in blank binders. Would really allow us to show off your ever increasing parody sets. They say you shouldn”t judge a book by its cover… but sometimes you can  :].

Thanks, Scot!
I'm not sure I'll be able to swing a binder, but I should be able to make a sheet for a blank binder  :great:

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2023, 01:00:34 PM »
A great series, Mark, as usual! I can't believe Topps rejected these potential Wackys in all four of these series! A lot of them are great!

1 Musketeer and Work-Doh: why, Topps, why? Those two were givens!

And I even got a whole bunch of parodies to add to my "Most-Parodied Wacky" thread! Thanks again, Mark! Can't wait for the next one, even though I know it's going to be the last one for a long, long time.

UPDATE: As I was tearing down the box for recycling, I noticed it had the date arrival on it as 3/27/23. And that's exactly when it arrived! I guess you still trust the USPS. If it was mailed on 3/24/23 as stated here, that's only four days between the time it was mailed out and the time it got here! ah, Priority Mail, what would we do without you and how did we do it without you?

Thanks! I suppose if i kept submitting some of these concepts over and over they might break through.
As for the mailing time, it usually within 2 days, but two of those days were weekend days. I have pretty good luck with USPS Priority Mail

Offline mikecho

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2023, 01:49:14 PM »
Thanks! I suppose if i kept submitting some of these concepts over and over they might break through.
As for the mailing time, it usually within 2 days, but two of those days were weekend days. I have pretty good luck with USPS Priority Mail
You're welcome! I also like that you put a Wacky Packages parody in Series Four just like Topps did in its OS, ANS and OLDS runs. It's nice to keep the tradition going.

And one more thing: i put the box in a special two-pocket in the front and one large one in the back I've used for the Wacky Halloween Postcards. Fits like a glove! Now, if you could please do another box of that type for Series Five, that could go in the other pocket and it'd be great!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2023, 06:08:43 PM »
You're welcome! I also like that you put a Wacky Packages parody in Series Four just like Topps did in its OS, ANS and OLDS runs. It's nice to keep the tradition going.

And one more thing: i put the box in a special two-pocket in the front and one large one in the back I've used for the Wacky Halloween Postcards. Fits like a glove! Now, if you could please do another box of that type for Series Five, that could go in the other pocket and it'd be great!

I hope to. Also considering boxes for previous sets...

Offline sirrattles

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2023, 06:16:10 PM »
Received mine today.  These are fantastic!!  Really LOL at them all.   :great:

Just really really awesome.   ;D  Great job and appreciate all the effort it takes to get create these and get them all pulled together (and mailed out  ;))