Author Topic: WP Old School 2 - SPOILER Thread  (Read 338532 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: WP Old School 2 - SPOILER Thread
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2010, 06:00:35 AM »
Old School 7 already??? damn, I've missed a few!!

ha ha......corrected! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2010, 06:44:07 AM »
Will the ShopTopps.com web site have pre-orders for OS2 as soon as possible for in time for Christmas delivery?

Offline Kook

« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
Can anyone help out with info about the Old School 2 mass mailing update? I read the post that it was sent out, but I didn't receive the e-mail for some reason. Can someone copy/paste the info into a post on this thread?
Thanks

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
Can anyone help out with info about the Old School 2 mass mailing update? I read the post that it was sent out, but I didn't receive the e-mail for some reason. Can someone copy/paste the info into a post on this thread?
Thanks

Did you check your SPAM folder?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2010, 09:19:52 AM »
Thanks

Here you go:

Quote from: Old School email from Dave
Hi everyone,

Wacky Packages Old School 2 is coming out in December. I will start updating people periodically during the next month with any new news on free promo cards and flyers, special offers and pre-sales and any other information I can get you on the series.

The first bit of news is if you liked the first series you will love the second one. Lots of new surprises for the chase cards, amazing sketch cards and 33 more wacky 1970s products spoofed.

My next update in a few weeks will be chock-full of news on the series. This was just to wet your whistle.

Thanks
Dave
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:14:45 AM by Duznt »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:10 AM »
Here you go:
---------------

Hi everyone,

Wacky Packages Old School 2 is coming out in December. I will start updating people periodically during the next month with any new news on free promo cards and flyers, special offers and pre-sales and any other information I can get you on the series.

The first bit of news is if you liked the first series you will love the second one. Lots of new surprises for the chase cards, amazing sketch cards and 33 more wacky 1970s products spoofed.

My next update in a few weeks will be chock-full of news on the series. This was just to wet your whistle.

Thanks
Dave

Since when are YOU in charge of Old School?, and why did you change your name to Dave? 

LOL! :]

Offline Kook

« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2010, 09:46:53 AM »
Here you go:
---------------

Hi everyone,

Thanks
Dave

Thanks guys...

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
Quote from: Old School email from Dave
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Dave

Ha ha, is that better?  :]

Offline Swiski

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
Will the ShopTopps.com web site have pre-orders for OS2 as soon as possible for in time for Christmas delivery?

Should be any minute now! I keep refreshing the webpage every few minutes. Seriously, Topps should NOT put a release ever on any of their products. "Coming Soon" is all they need to say! That way, we are not gearing ourselves up for disappointment again. I just hope there are not as many delays this time!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »

I heard Dave is going to have a super secret sale any day now. With free shipping and half price cases. Any time now before Thanksgiving no later than the 2nd week of December for Christmas delivery. Keep refreshing the forum because it could be sold out in under 40 min.

wackyone

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
I heard Dave is going to have a super secret sale any day now. With free shipping and half price cases. Any time now before Thanksgiving no later than the 2nd week of December for Christmas delivery. Keep refreshing the forum because it could be sold out in under 40 min.

LOL,,your a sick delusional bastard

had to add "delusional"  ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:17:36 PM by wackyone »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »

Ha, when Mark (Buzooka) asked me to contact you because he couldn't log into the forum for a day or so, something about computer trouble, I asked him if he missed the Limited Super-Combo Halloween sketches given out to the first 25 forum members who responded the night before.  I let his blood boil for a little while before I told him it was just a joke! 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »
Ha, when Mark (Buzooka) asked me to contact you because he couldn't log into the forum for a day or so, something about computer trouble, I asked him if he missed the Limited Super-Combo Halloween sketches given out to the first 25 forum members who responded the night before.  I let his blood boil for a little while before I told him it was just a joke! 

That's a good one. I would be boiling also >(

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2010, 03:02:20 PM »
Just got back from a vacation. I got some notes that a few people did not get the mass email I sent. Check your SPAM folder as it may be in there. In the meantime I'm sending the same email to the people who wrote me. LMK if you don't get it again.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2010, 06:52:55 PM »

You are cruel!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »
BTW, anyone get the new Non-Sport update? I believe there is an ad for OLDS2 in it. If not it's in the December issue but I really think it's this one. It spoils the box design, a few stickers & sketch cards and a huge surprise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:25:20 PM by slamjim »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
BTW, anyone get the new Non-Sport update? I believe there is an ad for OLDS2 in it. If not it's in the December issue but I really think it's this one. It spoils the box, wrapper, a few stickers and a huge surprise.
the NSU page also mentions an OLDS2 article that will be in the Dec issue
hmm, mentioned right after the "why some card series take age to get released or worse, get cancelled!" Must be talking about OLDS1

NEXT ISSUE
The Green Hornet! The Green Hornet returns this January and NSU presents a sneak peek of the movie and Rittenhouse Archives trading cards series. Plus, NSU looks at why some card series take ages to get released or worse, get cancelled! Also, details onStar Trek: The Remastered Original Series, Stargate Universe: Season One, Dexter Season 3, and Wacky Packages Old School 2. The issue will contain promos for Stargate Universe: Season One, The Tudors Seasons I, II, & III, and Star Trek: The Remastered Original Series.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
Ah, OK. I will see if they can get the flyer finished up this week. It's a month+ before the release so it seems like the right time for the flyer to come out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »
Ah, OK. I will see if they can get the flyer finished up this week. It's a month+ before the release so it seems like the right time for the flyer to come out.

Dave, can you give us any more info as to what will be included with this series? It has to be wrapped up by now.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »
That is just plain MEAN.   >:D 

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »
I have my hopes up that is a tea product!   :D

Here is a spoiler: The promo card features a box shaped product.  :67:
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »
They said I could post this tease ad for now. The flyer will be out around Thanksgiving so I will have promo cards and the flyer for everyone at that time.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »
They said I could post this tease ad for now. The flyer will be out around Thanksgiving so I will have promo cards and the flyer for everyone at that time.

[spoiler]Oooo, I want a Bill Griffith sketch card!!![/spoiler]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
WOW! Multiple artist sketches. This could be very exciting. I wonder how the variations of sketches will be this time around? Could be very expensive ;D

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »

Nice, especially the sketch cards by multiple artists.  I also like that you still get 1 sketch card per box. Ready for Old Shool 2.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

Puzzle checklists and "orange lush", what more can a person ask for!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »
WOW! I want a Bill Griffith sketch card!!!!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »
!wow! Bill Griffith!!!!! Super score getting him involved!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
WOW! Multiple artist sketches. This could be very exciting. I wonder how the variations of sketches will be this time around? Could be very expensive ;D

If there are more title variations than series 1 collecting one per artist may be the reasonable way to go.  It's obviously going to be different than series 1 as far as sketch cards go.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
I went to the OSU Festival of Cartoon Art this year and at one of the events, Bill Griffith was sitting in front of me inking a Zippy comic strip. So, of course, I started talking to him about Wacky Packages, sketch cards, etc. He's was very nice.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »

Thank you Dave for the teaser ad, "BRING ON OS 2". IMO It can't get here soon enough.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »

Killer!

As I over-analyze this, my eyes are attempting to decipher the various items on the store shelves in the background. I think I see the phrase “Start a Tab” on top of the can of Orange Lush, which may be a reference to LSD, but for some reason when I see a pink elephant I think of Ecstasy but I'm not sure why...

And I like the old school brown paper grocery sack. Those are seen less and less frequently. I think the whole, "Paper or plastic?" thing is nearly over.

wackyone

« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »
Killer!

As I over-analyze this, my eyes are attempting to decipher the various items on the store shelves in the background. I think I see the phrase “Start a Tab” on top of the can of Orange Lush, which may be a reference to LSD, but for some reason when I see a pink elephant I think of Ecstasy but I'm not sure why...

And I like the old school brown paper grocery sack. Those are seen less and less frequently. I think the whole, "Paper or plastic?" thing is nearly over.

good eye on the "tab" reference,,i see it as well now
The paper bag is a nice touch again,and the 5x7's are back,,,they did kinda grow on me
I have mixed feelings about so many different artists sketch cards,i don't collect them,just seems kinda unnecessary

Seems about imposssble for another series already but we'll buy em!
Dave..any word on changing the choice of card stock this time?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2010, 06:23:07 AM »
I think I see the phrase “Start a Tab” on top of the can of Orange Lush, which may be a reference to LSD, but for some reason when I see a pink elephant I think of Ecstasy but I'm not sure why...

Definitely not! It's a double meaning reference to having a beer tab in a bar along with the pull tab on the can.