Author Topic: Wacky Pack storage  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Kook

Wacky Pack storage
« on: October 04, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »
I've been looking into some different storage products & notice that ultrapro binder sheets say they are acid & pvc free (as it's a benefit), but the ultrapro top loaders are rigid pvc. Is anyone familiar with the benefits/drawbacks of pvc vs polypropylene for long term storage?

Also, does anyone have any suppliers to recommend?

Offline ratchet007

Re: Wacky Pack storage
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »
Bill,
I believe that the UltraPro PREMIUM toploaders are also acid and pvc free as opposed to the REGULAR toploaders. I use UltraPro penny sleeves(which I know for sure are acid and PVC free) along with the Premium toploaders to store my keeper collection. I buy my supplies from The 2 Buds http://www.the2buds.com/index.htm. Their shipping costs can be a little much based on the weight of the package so I wait until I need a lot of stuff before I order. Hope this helps some.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 05:18:05 PM »
I've used 2buds but found I could usually find good ebay deals. Make sure the auction states ultra pro premium! Also check Amazon
I just checked and you can get 1000 for $63 shipped! I think that's a good deal!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:27:47 PM by BumChex »

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 08:01:34 PM »
Does anyone know what the issue is with PVC? Does it damage the cards? I would find it strange that ultrapro would make a pvc toploader & non-pvc (polypropylene) toploader if pvc would cause damage.

anything