Author Topic: Easy money for Topps?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Easy money for Topps?
« on: September 03, 2022, 07:25:44 AM »
I may be ignorant of manufacturing processes, but couldnt Topps just release another Flashback or re-issue series? They already have the titles, so no investment there. Or in the alternative, license wackies so someone could make t-shirts or puzzles? Seems like that would be pure profit. Seems likevthey ste making money on the SI minis, which was a licensing deal. Or am I overestimating the demand for Wackys? Although it was 10 years ago, i would love to know what their sales were like on Flashback 1 and 2…We have discussed the distribution model several times, but im just trying to come up with ideas to make easy profit, if that is what it takes to save Wackys…
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 08:07:52 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline MoldRush

Re: Easy money for Topps?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 10:47:15 AM »
Agree they could have kept going with Flashbacks concurrently with ANS.  Each flashback series only reproduced 3 titles from each of the 16 original series, plus the scaled-down poster art, lost titles and other odds and ends.  Had they focused on using only titles never reprinted before, then two series would have been more or less perfect, but that’s not how the titles were determined.  Whether it was a question of which titles Topps had high-resolution scans for or some other factor who knows, but based on what was produced they should have gone with at least five FB series IMO.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 05:12:56 PM »
Didn't someone on here make a thread on a possible Flashback 3 a while back?

Offline Beanball

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 07:52:09 PM »
Wackys seem to be less important than GPK, imo.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 05:43:55 AM »
I see Fanatics is into the sports gambling…compared to that, Wackys are peanuts…..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:05:26 AM by JailOJohn »