Author Topic: Irish Series  (Read 2196 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Irish Series
« on: March 02, 2022, 02:16:09 PM »
I couldnt find many threads about the Irish series, and they rarely come up for sale on E-Bay. I am familiar with the UK/Irish set, but has anyone collected a complete set? Was it expensive or hard to obtain? A lot if them are repeats of U.S. stickers, but some, like Pedigree Chump, are cool and unique….

Offline DrDeal

Re: Irish Series
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 02:52:33 PM »
I purchased the full set around 15 years ago at the Philly Show. I think I paid $30. Happy to own it.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 04:49:27 PM »
Theres currently a complete set on Ebay, from a very reputable seller, for $330…..

Offline freetoes

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 07:01:13 PM »
Theres currently a complete set on Ebay, from a very reputable seller, for $330…..

I got mine in 2000. They were usually sold as a set, and the going rate was about $200-300 then.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 08:15:14 PM »
I know back around 1993, they were fairly common to find in the $35 to $50 range.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »
I know back around 1993, they were fairly common to find in the $35 to $50 range.
A decent % of the irish sets were provided by Paul Hart who sold them for like $30 a set.  Demand far exceeded supply and sets quickly were selling on ebay for like $300.  I thought prices had come back down but I don't see any completed auctions on ebay so one seller at $330 owns the market for now.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 07:51:29 AM »
I bought a set several years ago for $130 and was happy to get it.

Later, I learned there was a TEST set that had a few different (and exclusive) cards and some altered art on a couple others. Those sets are super rare.

I remember bidding on a single test card (I think it was KILL) a couple years ago... I bid like $200 and thought I had a shot at it. Well, that card ended up going for something like $700!!  >(

So, it seems I'll never have any of the exclusive test cards  :'(
Brian Mc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 08:13:30 AM »

Later, I learned there was a TEST set that had a few different (and exclusive) cards and some altered art on a couple others. Those sets are super rare.

I remember bidding on a single test card (I think it was KILL) a couple years ago... I bid like $200 and thought I had a shot at it. Well, that card ended up going for something like $700!!  >(

I believe the test set was full size cards.  Pretty sure I have an example.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 11:26:00 AM »

I keep hoping everyone opens all the packs so I’ll have the last unopened one around 😁

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 11:44:06 AM »
I keep hoping everyone opens all the packs so I’ll have the last unopened one around 😁

(Image removed from quote.)

Yep, that one is still on my list of unopened packs needed for my collection.  At least I have the wrapper 8)

My test sticker example is Android.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 11:46:02 AM by RawGoo »

Offline freetoes

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 02:47:53 PM »

If it was Kill, I'm not surprised. This title was never published in any other series, and seems to be the one card that people will most likely need to complete their sets. The number of complete sets in existence may be as few as three or four, one reportedly owned by Hal Steinbrenner. And Pat is right, they were full-size cards.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »
If it was Kill, I'm not surprised. This title was never published in any other series, and seems to be the one card that people will most likely need to complete their sets. The number of complete sets in existence may be as few as three or four, one reportedly owned by Hal Steinbrenner. And Pat is right, they were full-size cards.

i only have Kill in the First Lost Wackys set. So bootleg, but still pretty cool.

Andrew

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 03:39:04 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I miss my unopened pack.  It was one of the nicest examples with almost none of those little black dots that most had.  But I actually gave it to a collector in appreciation for another deal.  I hope he got it graded, as it was sure to grade high considering what most of the others looked like from that box.  I think I remember them being valued at 500-1000, right?

anything