Author Topic: You-Pick-The-Design Sketch Card Give Away!  (Read 787 times)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
You-Pick-The-Design Sketch Card Give Away!
« on: April 17, 2024, 04:43:47 AM »
  You read that right! In an effort to insure that the 2024 ANS Set is a big seller, I'm going to be drawing a free sketch card of your choice for ever 3 boxes sold (proof of purchase required)! Topps has even agreed to provide official Wackys blanks for this promo! I will draw as many as needed, and may be joined by another Wackys artist. Send use you proof and pick your topic, and your custom card will be made to order! This is the easiest, guaranteed way to get the sketch you want! Act NOW ( Well, tomorrow anyways)! - Pete Zies

Offline Joe G.

Re: You-Pick-The-Design Sketch Card Give Away!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 09:43:52 AM »
Pete this is an amazing idea!  So cool of you to go the extra mile and do free commissioned sketches!  I may have to jump in and give you a hand if demand is high!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 10:58:46 AM »
You guys are making it hard to sit this set out, which I was planning on doing, and just buying from someone here.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 12:03:28 PM »
Wow! This is really awesome! Thanks Pete!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 12:15:42 PM »
Wow! very cool. How do you choose?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 01:01:20 PM »
Wow! very cool. How do you choose?

Scot, I believe Pete is saying it’s a made to order custom sketch.  So if you wanted ‘Scoot mouthwase’ for instance you just ask for it!  Very cool way to add a wanted, missing title to your sketch collection!

Offline quas

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 02:52:40 PM »
Just to clarify, so if you buy 6 boxes you get 2 of these sketches?
Marc

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 03:57:16 PM »
Hi guys! My understanding is that the sets are being sold in 5 set boxes, and I'll do a free sketch for EVERY 3 boxes (15 sets) bought. As many as you can prove you purchased!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 03:28:30 AM »
Scot, I believe Pete is saying it’s a made to order custom sketch.  So if you wanted ‘Scoot mouthwase’ for instance you just ask for it!  Very cool way to add a wanted, missing title to your sketch collection!

I guess I should have said, how does ONE choose,  :]. So many choices.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 07:56:06 AM »
  You read that right! In an effort to insure that the 2024 ANS Set is a big seller, I'm going to be drawing a free sketch card of your choice for ever 3 boxes sold (proof of purchase required)! Topps has even agreed to provide official Wackys blanks for this promo! I will draw as many as needed, and may be joined by another Wackys artist. Send use you proof and pick your topic, and your custom card will be made to order! This is the easiest, guaranteed way to get the sketch you want! Act NOW ( Well, tomorrow anyways)! - Pete Zies

Very cool, Pete!  I don't know the details of how much three boxes would cost, but I'd be thrilled to get a custom sketch and, even if I don't pony up the money to buy 3, I'm glad to see you're promoting the release with this sweet incentive.  Here's hoping the set is a hit!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 10:15:19 AM »

Hey Everybody, I've been told by Topps that just 10 official blanks will be made available for this promotion, and four are already spoken for! I plan on sticking to my word and doing as many sketch cards as needed though, so the 11th sketch and thereafter will be done on some cool non-Topps blanks that I found online. They are distinct from Topps blanks, but have graphic design on par with them. Only 6 official Topps blanks left! Get'em while they're hot!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 05:49:11 PM »
PM Sent 

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 09:12:52 PM »
Also PM sent - with questions -
A

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 08:08:31 AM »
Also PM sent with questions.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 08:53:17 AM »
Also PM sent with questions.

ALSO PM SENT - waiting on set to decide on sketch....

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2024, 09:13:26 AM »
ALSO PM SENT - waiting on set to decide on sketch....

PM SENT AGAIN (more sets/boxes) - PLS PM BACK - to confirm receipt - THX!!!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2024, 09:56:46 AM »
To be fair, don't you think the first 10 people to order 3 or more (I ordered 6) should get 1 of the Topps. I am willing to give 1 up so others can. I'm pretty sure I'm in for 2. 1 Topps for the first 10, if you ordered more than 3 you get 1 Topps and how many of the others accordingly.  Just a thought I don't run the show.

Jim

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2024, 10:21:30 AM »
To be fair, don't you think the first 10 people to order 3 or more (I ordered 6) should get 1 of the Topps. I am willing to give 1 up so others can. I'm pretty sure I'm in for 2. 1 Topps for the first 10, if you ordered more than 3 you get 1 Topps and how many of the others accordingly.  Just a thought I don't run the show.

Jim

Pete advised first come first serve....he originally advised they would ALL be Topps - so that is my expectation.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2024, 11:16:33 AM »
Jim this is a really nice and good suggestion.  I agree that to spread the official sketches to 10 forum members seems like a fair and good approach.   Not sure what Pete or others might feel but I certainly hope Pete considers it and discusses with the forum members who might be impacted.  Obviously it would have to be unanimous to make it happen.

Jim

Offline quas

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2024, 12:30:14 PM »
Pete advised first come first serve....he originally advised they would ALL be Topps - so that is my expectation.

Same here.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2024, 01:03:43 PM »
Mayhaps Topps could pony up a few more official sketch blanks?

Offline quas

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2024, 01:05:35 PM »
Mayhaps Topps could pony up a few more official sketch blanks?

That would be ideal, with preference to those who did not get one initially, of course.
Marc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2024, 02:16:47 PM »
I will donate 5 official blanks to the cause. Pete, send me a pm with your address and I'll send them your way.

Offline quas

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2024, 03:45:45 PM »
I will donate 5 official blanks to the cause. Pete, send me a pm with your address and I'll send them your way.

Awesome, Neil!
Marc

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2024, 06:08:39 PM »
Hi everyone! Boy, my mouth wrote a big check that my hands are going to cramp up cashing! We've had tons of orders documented for this set, and I'm going to end up doing a huge number of drawings. There IS life outside of Wackys though, and I leave for a week's hike on the Appalachian Trail tomorrow. Be back next Sunday. Everyone thinks about your selections and I'll get started on them once the set is received. Thank you Neil for your generous offer! I'm in a tough spot because of the unexpectedly limited number of Topps blanks. I will listen to everyone's suggestions, and decide what is fairest when I get back. Reception is very spotty in the mountains, so consider me off the grid until next Sunday. Stay Wacky!

anything