Author Topic: Fall Philly Non-Sport Show.  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Fall Philly Non-Sport Show.
« on: June 25, 2021, 11:49:58 AM »
I know that this is still almost 4 months away yet, but for those that aren't aware, their is going to be something held on the 16th/17th of Oct. that every dedicated Wacky collector didn't get to attend either last spring or fall. A card show will be held at the Philly Expo center on those dates. I got my e-mail from the Toser's and wanted to see who else on here may have gotten 1. I've said this before and I'll say it again, for those of you that haven't been to a show in quite a long time, you miss this one and you'll most likely regret it. C'mon Y'all let's get together for what will hopefully be a nice weather weekend and just have fun buying, selling, and trading the cards we all liked as kids.
C-Ya Their.

Offline OutofStep

Re: Fall Philly Non-Sport Show.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 04:17:22 PM »
My room is booked!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »
got my room booked also

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 11:20:15 AM »
I will be there if, for no other reason, than to check out the new venue.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 11:49:06 AM »
I don't expect to be able to attend  :sad:

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 02:44:59 PM »
I intend to be there, to see the venue, of course, and also to see hobby folks I haven't seen since Spring 2019 (or before). Maybe they will have some "trading space" set aside for us at this joint? I'm hoping it's larger than Allentown's space, so they could afford to provide a trading table or two.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 09:42:14 PM »
I intend to be there, to see the venue, of course, and also to see hobby folks I haven't seen since Spring 2019 (or before). Maybe they will have some "trading space" set aside for us at this joint? I'm hoping it's larger than Allentown's space, so they could afford to provide a trading table or two.
that would be great if they had that,  I know they are called trading cards but space takes money

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 08:01:50 AM »
that would be great if they had that,  I know they are called trading cards but space takes money

That’s why the venue at the community college was so awesome, tons of grease free trading space.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 06:01:25 AM »
I'll be there, one of several guest artists.
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 07:37:29 AM »
I'll be there, one of several guest artists.

Several? Who else is going? I might have to make plans to go!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 10:14:32 AM »
I will also be a guest at the show

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
That’s why the venue at the community college was so awesome, tons of grease free trading space.
Are you implying the restaurant at Merchant Square is greasy? Huh? Are ya?  :P

Offline zerostreet

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2021, 07:41:59 AM »
From what I read, can't find it now, Lily Mercado, Ingrid Hardy, David Gross, Smokin' Joe and myself.

Several? Who else is going? I might have to make plans to go!
www.zerostreet.com

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2021, 06:05:25 AM »
I'm planning on attending.

It will take me at least a half an hour less to drive there than to Allentown.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2021, 04:18:30 PM »
I will be going to this show. It is 2 hours from my house in NJ while Allentown is 45 minutes. So I am thankful for all the years of short drives to this show and am still grateful it occurs within driving distance from me.  Oaks is pretty close to King of Prussia and is not right in Philadelphia.  Nice area with lots of space.
Looking forward to the show, the people and new memories. So glad to get to go to a show again.

Andrew

Online JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 05:00:47 PM »
Phone says that’s a 14 hour drive from Illinois…so I wont be able to go….plane ticket adds too much expense…i wish you all a wonderful time….

Online JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 01:13:25 PM »
We last posted a month ago about the convention in October, the Chicago area shows is the following week. Without gong too far down the Covid rabbit hole, are people still planning on attending this con? Will you be required to take special health precautions???

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 03:54:03 PM »
Both shows will require masks.

Offline zerostreet

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 11:27:49 AM »
Just before Covid hit, I was commission to paint a Mars Attacks Martian having dinner at the 72nd Philly Non-Sports Card Show. Well, close to 2 years later it will finally see the day. This will be a very limited Promo Card given out at the show next month!

www.zerostreet.com

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
Both shows will require masks.

The Philly Show REQUIRES you to show proof of vaccination to attend.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:35 PM »
Just before Covid hit, I was commission to paint a Mars Attacks Martian having dinner at the 72nd Philly Non-Sports Card Show. Well, close to 2 years later it will finally see the day. This will be a very limited Promo Card given out at the show next month!

Nice card!

I won't be able to go to the show, so if you have any leftovers or an attendee gets one that they don't want, let me know. I would like to get one.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This looks amazing! If you happen to have an leftovers, I would love to get one. I will not be attending the show. I unfortunately live in Vancouver, Canada and international travel is still a bit up in the air right now.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
Will there be a dinner at the show?

Offline quas

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2021, 02:26:03 PM »
Will there be a dinner at the show?

Yes, it's pictured in Robert's sketch.  Footsie Roll and Free-toes.
Marc

Offline zerostreet

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2021, 03:06:43 PM »
Yes, it's pictured in Robert's sketch.  Footsie Roll and Free-toes.

Ha, yes! Actually I don't think there will be a dinner this year. This promo card will be randomly inserted in the swag bags.
www.zerostreet.com

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2021, 04:58:57 PM »
I am unable to attend  :sad:  If anyone has promos that they don't want, I would greatly appreciate getting them.  I have lots to trade!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2021, 11:37:49 AM »
...international travel is still a bit up in the air right now.
I see watcha did there.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2021, 11:47:06 AM »
Phone says that’s a 14 hour drive from Illinois…so I wont be able to go….plane ticket adds too much expense…i wish you all a wonderful time….

I’m a little closer, being in Indiana (barely) but still too far a drive for a two day trip. This is also our busy season, at my place of business, making it difficult to take a few days off at that time.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2021, 05:06:41 AM »
I've made a collage of many(hard to fit them all)of greg's attacks of fellow collectors and artists on his forum and will be handing copies out at the show.   There's a chance some people may confront Greg about this too as enough is enough.   He is so pathetic that he always has to put others down to try to keep himself on top.   For the folks finding these famous Greg attacks please keep them coming, I think I've got a room for a couple more, please continue to send as screen prints showing it is a greg quote to bandaches@yahoo.com or pm here.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:47:41 AM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 03:36:38 PM »
I heard there is a ruckus around the show requiring proof of vaccination.  I guess some people feel they have rights in regards to  events that are charge by admission events.  Not sure I follow the logic but I hope the ruckus they cause doesn't take away from the ruckus at greg's table.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 04:50:56 PM »
I heard there is a ruckus around the show requiring proof of vaccination.  I guess some people feel they have rights in regards to  events that are charge by admission events.  Not sure I follow the logic but I hope the ruckus they cause doesn't take away from the ruckus at greg's table.

I don't support the forcing of proof of vaccination, so I will not attend. I don't think there's a need for a ruckus due to it only being a card show and not one's entire life, but who knows.

However, Greg's table does sound to be entertaining.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2021, 09:49:42 AM »
The Philly Show REQUIRES you to show proof of vaccination to attend.
But it does not require masks, 'tis optional.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2021, 10:39:53 AM »
But it does not require masks, 'tis optional.
The whole vaccination required thing is stupid, what problem are they solving with it?  We have established vaccinated folks are very much getting the virus, they just don't get as sick and they are very definitely contagious especially early on as proven in the viral load samples taken from those hundreds that all got sick in provincetown.  I know scores of parents who got covid from their kids this summer and recently, all parents were fully vaccinated.  None got sick enough to go to hospital but did get sick and definitely had symptoms.  So these parents are all eligible to go to the show like they are safe?

If they want to protect the public, negative covid test the day before the show not merely flashing a vaccine card.

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
I hope someone who does go takes some photos and posts them here. I really wanted to go this year, but just couldn't make it happen. I'd love to see some photos of the venue, the artists, some of the forum members, and some wackies!!! :-)

Have fun to all that are going!

Todd B.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 11:09:34 AM »
I hope someone who does go takes some photos and posts them here. I really wanted to go this year, but just couldn't make it happen. I'd love to see some photos of the venue, the artists, some of the forum members, and some wackies!!! :-)

Have fun to all that are going!

Todd B.
I suspect entertaining and informative videos will be posted too!

anything