Author Topic: 2010 October PHILY SHOW  (Read 44908 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
2010 October PHILY SHOW
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »

For anyone planning on attending the Philly show in Allentown PA  this October, John (Scary Lee) and I are planning on getting together at the Hilton Garden Inn Friday night (10/08) to hang-out, trade and talk Wackys, and then hit the show the following morning.  We thought it would be cool if we could get a little group together and hang in the lobby for a while, and maybe do dinner as well.  We are going to stay at the hotel overnight and it's very close to the show for the following morning.  There is a Red Robin within walking distance right next to the hotel which works out nice.  Here is the link to the hotel/show info.........

http://www.reightershows.com/hotel.htm

If anyone thinks they can make it let us know!  It would be a good opportunity to trade ANS7 items. 

Rob
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline ScaryLee

Re: 2010 October PHILY SHOW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
Sounds cool! The lobby there is huge with lots of places to sit and hang out, this should be a lot of fun, rather its just a few or a dozen Wacky fanatics. We can try to firm up meeting times once we get a feel for how many are planning to show up.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »
I was going for sure, but some issues have come up & now I'm on the fence??? BTW Hello everybody!!!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »
Sounds cool! The lobby there is huge with lots of places to sit and hang out, this should be a lot of fun, rather its just a few or a dozen Wacky fanatics. We can try to firm up meeting times once we get a feel for how many are planning to show up.

I'll definitely be there on Saturday. The Friday night thing sounds like a lot of fun, but it's doubtful I'll be able to pull it off.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »
I've never been to one of the Philly shows and would love to go. Unfortunately between family, school, work and life there is no way I can go. I've been to Philly once in 1993 and it is a great place to visit. I've always wanted to go back, but the opportunity hasn't risen. Everyone else have a great time!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »
The show is actually in Allentown despite the name. The venue has it's pluses and minuses, but it's still fun!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »
I'll definitely be there on Saturday. The Friday night thing sounds like a lot of fun, but it's doubtful I'll be able to pull it off.

Last year we had trouble using the tables near the snack bar.  We finally settled in but we had to buy stuff to stay there.  I wonder if it will be an issue again?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
Last year we had trouble using the tables near the snack bar.  We finally settled in but we had to buy stuff to stay there.  I wonder if it will be an issue again?
Did the snack bar people try to get people to leave if they weren't eating?  I actually helped them load their soda machine as they were understaffed and the machine was void of beverages.  A little kid thought that was novel and came over to help so I taught him what to do and he had a ball finishing the job.  I guess I shouldn't have offered to help if they were chasing some of our wacky traders away.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »
Did the snack bar people try to get people to leave if they weren't eating?  I actually helped them load their soda machine as they were understaffed and the machine was void of beverages.  A little kid thought that was novel and came over to help so I taught him what to do and he had a ball finishing the job.  I guess I shouldn't have offered to help if they were chasing some of our wacky traders away.

Yup, they told us that the tables were reserved for customers eating from the snack bar.  Once we bought some stuff they seemed to back down.  I wonder if we could bring our own folding table?  Maybe I'll ask Roxanne before the show.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 06:17:52 PM »
Yup, they told us that the tables were reserved for customers eating from the snack bar.  Once we bought some stuff they seemed to back down.  I wonder if we could bring our own folding table?  Maybe I'll ask Roxanne before the show.
Get the trading done the night before and it shouldn't be an issue although there is rarely enough stuff at the show to keep our interest for more than an hour so post show trading for those who don't make Friday night will need some space.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 07:19:55 PM »
I've never been to one of the Philly shows and would love to go. Unfortunately between family, school, work and life there is no way I can go. I've been to Philly once in 1993 and it is a great place to visit. I've always wanted to go back, but the opportunity hasn't risen. Everyone else have a great time!

The irony is that the show is not in Philly! It's actually near Allentown PA which is approx. 3 hrs. from Philly. I wish it was in Philly as I am just 45 min.s away from there.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 08:31:12 PM »
For anyone planning on attending the Philly show in Allentown PA  this October, John (Scary Lee) and I are planning on getting together at the Hilton Garden Inn Friday night (10/08) to hang-out, trade and talk Wackys, and then hit the show the following morning.  We thought it would be cool if we could get a little group together and hang in the lobby for a while, and maybe do dinner as well.  We are going to stay at the hotel overnight and it's very close to the show for the following morning.  There is a Red Robin within walking distance right next to the hotel which works out nice.  Here is the link to the hotel/show info.........

http://www.reightershows.com/hotel.htm

If anyone thinks they can make it let us know!  It would be a good opportunity to trade ANS7 items. 

Rob

As usual, I'll most likely be attending the show, But alas I can't get there til Sat. morning showtime. If things change, I'd like to hang out with you and SL Fri. night.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 06:22:42 AM »

As usual, I'll most likely be attending the show, But alas I can't get there til Sat. morning showtime. If things change, I'd like to hang out with you and SL Fri. night.

C'mon man......drag the wife along if you have to!  LOL   I'm actually going to be with my girlfriend.  I'm not sure she'll want to hang out with a bunch of geeks like us the whole time but she's usually pretty cool about it.

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:57 PM »
Same weekend as the NYCC - New York Comic Con in the Javits Center  ..

So I will miss yet another (not-in) Philly Show !!
How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »
Can I send out an early request for someone who's going to the Philly Show to please pick me up one of the Star Wars Galaxy Promo cards? TIA!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »
Can I send out an early request for someone who's going to the Philly Show to please pick me up one of the Star Wars Galaxy Promo cards? TIA!
If I go i got you covered! :great:

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 06:04:49 AM »
Does anyone know if there will be any sort of Wacky promo at this show? An OLDS2 promo would be really nice!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »
An OLDS2 promo would be really nice!

I believe an OLDS2 promo will debut at the show.  Maybe even the flyer if everything comes together.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 07:55:06 PM »
I believe an OLDS2 promo will debut at the show.  Maybe even the flyer if everything comes together.
That sounds great Dave! See you there...RonZ :great:

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »
I believe an OLDS2 promo will debut at the show.  Maybe even the flyer if everything comes together.

Dave, will it be another "show only" promo like Peepers?  I hope not as I live all the way in Oklahoma.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »
That would be cool.

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/09/!BqF-YogBGk~$(KGrHqMOKjkEu,Y6OlrWBLuQoc2P9!~~_3.JPG[/expando]

Alright, ya got me! haha. I forgot we already had a promo show up for OLDS2. I guess since it was back in February and I'm getting along in years, the old memory just flat out failed me. I guess I need to revise my question to  "Are we getting another promo for OLDS2?"

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
Dave, will it be another "show only" promo like Peepers?  I hope not as I live all the way in Oklahoma.

No, it will be a promo like BC Cola was only I was told it would be an actual sticker and not a card. It will not be exclusive to the show (unless something changes).

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 01:02:02 PM »
No, it will be a promo like BC Cola was only I was told it would be an actual sticker and not a card. It will not be exclusive to the show (unless something changes).
I cannot wait to see it!!! :o

Offline Kook

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »

Any chance of Topps selling old school 1 sketch posters at the show, or were they all sold off?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »
Any chance of Topps selling old school 1 sketch posters at the show, or were they all sold off?

I believe they will have posters and binders at the show.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 08:01:46 PM »
I believe they will have posters and binders at the show.
That's really good to know! Thanks David :great:

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 02:38:43 AM »
I'm not 100% sure I'll be there...I'd say my odds are 90-95% :-\

Offline bandaches

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 03:43:55 PM »
I'm not 100% sure I'll be there...I'd say my odds are 90-95% :-\
That's really good to know, thanks ron

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »
That's really good to know, thanks ron
You're very welcome Ernie! :great:

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »
I actually might be in the Philly area from the 6th to the 10th.  There's a big Bridge Tournament at the
Marriott and a few friends might be taking the 5-hour drive down.  Who knows, maybe I can sneak away
for a day?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »
I actually might be in the Philly area from the 6th to the 10th.  There's a big Bridge Tournament at the
Marriott and a few friends might be taking the 5-hour drive down.  Who knows, maybe I can sneak away
for a day?
Would be awesome to meet you!  I played bridge in college but not since.  I do play spades and think I am quite good at it.  One thing I don't like about partner games is the liklihood of cheating.   I know two people in my dorm cheated endlessly at bridge as they admitted long afterwards that they have a whole signal system in place to convey their hand to each other....made the bidding a moot point.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »
for a day?
I'm still not positive, but if I do go it would be great to meet another fellow (Wacky-Head!)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »
I'm still not positive, but if I do go it would be great to meet another fellow (Wacky-Head!)
That is really good to know, thanks ron.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
That is really good to know, thanks ron.
You're very welcome Ernie! 16 days to go...WOO HOO!!! :great:

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:49 PM »
You're very welcome Ernie! 16 days to go...WOO HOO!!! :great:
Oh my God. You can't really be so thick.

anything