Author Topic: FUGGETABOUTIT Rare Gold Windhex Minis Series SELLING!  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Brados444

FUGGETABOUTIT Rare Gold Windhex Minis Series SELLING!
« on: April 24, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
Hello all!,
Thank you all for your congratulations on my Gold Windhex. I have received an offer for $500, and I am going to be selling it. That is unless someone has a higher offer by Sunday night (4/25). Feel free to message me if you have an offer or email.
 Brad

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: FUGGETABOUTIT Rare Gold Windhex Minis Series SELLING!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 09:06:42 PM »
Hello all!,
Thank you all for your congratulations on my Gold Windhex. I have received an offer for $500, and I am going to be selling it. That is unless someone has a higher offer by Sunday night (4/25). Feel free to message me if you have an offer or email.
 Brad
why not put it on ebay? Quite honestly if I offered $500 and it was shopped around for days, I would withdraw my offer.  Private auctions with loose parameters like this are nutty.  So if someone offers you $550 tonight then what?  You wait for Sunday night and then what?  Ebay auction ending Sunday night would let all buyers know exactly how this is handled.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 03:50:49 AM »
Hello all!,
 Brad

Congrats on getting $500 for it here. If you sold it for $500 on ebay you would pay a ton of fees so you did really well.  I doubt you will get a higher offer here and your buyer will be happy as will you. Welcome to forum. Now go find another one  ;)

Andrew

Offline bandaches

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »
Congrats on getting $500 for it here. If you sold it for $500 on ebay you would pay a ton of fees so you did really well.  I doubt you will get a higher offer here and your buyer will be happy as will you. Welcome to forum. Now go find another one  ;)

Andrew
And he did exactly what I predicted he did, now he has $750 offer and he still shopping around. these Knuckleheads making him offers are being taken advantage of.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 05:21:09 PM »
I don't know why someone would pay this much a rare variant when SI has purposely not allowed us to complete 2 different series of common titles

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 07:01:27 PM »
And he did exactly what I predicted he did, now he has $750 offer and he still shopping around. these Knuckleheads making him offers are being taken advantage of.

Good call Ernie.   Hey Matt:   Maybe its time you sold yours??????

Offline quas

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »
Incredible.  $1,000 on ebay.
Marc

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 09:20:52 PM »
I will not give anyone a price on their stuff.  If someone has something to sell, they supply the price they want.  I do not offer up a price because they can't figure out on their own what it's worth.  I refuse to play those games with people as was said in another post.  Because this is what happens, you do the said research, and then they shop your price.  It's like teaching a pig to sing...(annoys the pig and wastes your time)

Offline MadMike

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »
First of all, I am not collecting those minis. However, I think to stroll into the forum and try to get everyone to bid each other up behind the scenes was a dick move. I don’t have any feelings about the guy selling it, I just think what he did was straight up wrong.

There is my 2 cents.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 03:14:28 AM »

That was a surprise.

Offline drono

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 04:25:09 AM »

Someone has a lot of disposable income.

As an old school collector, I think chasers are what destroyed the sports card industry in the mid 90s.  I remember seeing packs opened and then just tossed if a chaser wasn't found.  I know that these are rare, some of them maybe only one of a kind, but producing something like a "golden ticket" that's intentionally made rare instead of an item becoming rare because of attrition over time is just a ploy to sell more product.  I can't blame the card manufacturers (or SI in this case); I blame the people who chase them and put more money into the manufacturer's pockets.  Commerce is always as simple as the law of supply and demand.  I'm so very happy that I'm no longer a completist and can spend my disposable income on better things. 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »
First of all, I am not collecting those minis. However, I think to stroll into the forum and try to get everyone to bid each other up behind the scenes was a dick move. I don’t have any feelings about the guy selling it, I just think what he did was straight up wrong.

There is my 2 cents.
agreed, dick move and after jerking everyone off with multiple threads on the same topic, he put in ebay anyway and the $500 guy who set the bar burned himself.  This played out exactly as I predicted it would. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 12:18:02 PM »
agreed, dick move and after jerking everyone off with multiple threads on the same topic, he put in ebay anyway and the $500 guy who set the bar burned himself.  This played out exactly as I predicted it would.

You called it Ernie!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »
You called it Ernie!
I know you are passionate about collecting those so hopefully you weren't one of the guys jerked around by "Brad".  If I had offered the $500 and the terms of this "private auction" changed like this, I would have withdrawn my offer so as it couldn't be paraded around and so the $500 can be freed up to buy something else that weekend.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2021, 05:11:43 PM »
I know you are passionate about collecting those so hopefully you weren't one of the guys jerked around by "Brad".  If I had offered the $500 and the terms of this "private auction" changed like this, I would have withdrawn my offer so as it couldn't be paraded around and so the $500 can be freed up to buy something else that weekend.

I am primarily in it for the stickers; but please do not tell SI that. So far they have not been too ruthless regarding the marketing of the stickers. I actually got ALL of the Series 2 stickers close to when that series was released. I realize that two series 1 Minis were never released as stickers; but since stickers do not even get a checklist; there is no actual stated set to complete.

anything