Author Topic: Current status of Penalty Flag Coach Motel (ANS1 Bonus Sticker B2)  (Read 2397 times)

Offline mikecho

I was looking on Greg's website and found some information on ANS1 bonus sticker B2: Penalty Flag Coach Motel (Black Flag Roach Motel), one of the many Wackys from the lost 1992 series.

According to the text, this sticker from the ANS1 Target bonus box was so severely short-printed that by the end of 2004 (the year that ANS1 was released), examples of this sticker were almost never found on eBay and went for over $50.00 when they did turn up. As of Jan. 1 2006 (which I'm presuming was when Greg wrote this), this was by far the toughest ANS sticker to come by.

Now to get to the point of this thread. My question is: has anything changed concerning this one sticker; i.e., is it still as rare now as it was back then, has the eBay price for it gone up or down in any way, shape or form and, if so, by how much and is it still the toughest of all the ANS stickers to get, or has another one taken its place by now?

I got this sticker (with the help of a friend) from John Frick IV (ScaryLee) (long before I even knew about the existence of any Wacky Packages forums), but I can't remember when I bought it or even how much I paid for it back then. Hey John, if you're still out there, could you fill me in on this information if you remember anything about it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:59:56 PM by mikecho »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Current status of Penalty Flag Coach Motel (ANS1 bonus sticker B2)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »
Now to get to the point of this thread. My question is: has anything changed concerning this one sticker; i.e., is it still as rare now as it was back then, has the eBay price for it gone up in any way, shape or form and, if so, by how much and is it still the toughest of all ANS stickers to get, or has another one taken its place?
A quick check of eBay shows some completed auctions for sealed pairs of B1 and B2 selling for low $27-$28 BINs in the past few months
and also a single of B2 selling for $60 last week.
Currently available is a loose one at $28 BIN

interpret that info how you need to

Offline mikecho

Re: Current status of Penalty Flag Coach Motel (ANS1 Bonus Sticker B2)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »
A quick check of eBay shows some completed auctions for sealed pairs of B1 and B2 selling for low $27-$28 BINs in the past few months
and also a single of B2 selling for $60 last week.
Currently available is a loose one at $28 BIN

interpret that info how you need to
It seems to have generally gone down in price from what it was back then, so this answers that question. Now I just have to get the other three answered and all will be well and the goose hang high.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:01:07 PM by mikecho »

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 01:53:07 AM »
I'm sure I have one of these somewhere in my ANS stuff (I never look at the ANS stuff, but I distinctly remember these bonus stickers).

I also remember them giving away loose singles of at least one of the bonus stickers at ComicCon or one of the other shows at some point, too.  Is the rare one only the one in the cellophane from the Target Box, or singles, too?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 02:43:13 AM »
Funny, I just came across a sealed copy of this while looking for something else.  Got it in a trade, can't remember for what.

I DO remember finding two boxes in a local Target.  On my way to the register a little girl saw the boxes in my cart and got excited that the store had Wackys.  I knew there were none left on the shelf, so I checked with her mom (eye contact, and the silent "can she have one?"), and with her nod, handed one to the girl.  The look of joy on her face was priceless!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 02:47:34 AM by RawGoo »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 10:13:13 AM »
Funny, I just came across a sealed copy of this while looking for something else.  Got it in a trade, can't remember for what.

I DO remember finding two boxes in a local Target.  On my way to the register a little girl saw the boxes in my cart and got excited that the store had Wackys.  I knew there were none left on the shelf, so I checked with her mom (eye contact, and the silent "can she have one?"), and with her nod, handed one to the girl.  The look of joy on her face was priceless!!
Oh, that's so nice! If she got a Coach Motel, I hope, now that she's older, she realizes what she has and how rare it is. And I hope she likes it - wherever she is.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »
Wow, you truly are/were the Wacky Lady! :)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 10:43:48 AM »

You're the Wacky godmother! A

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »
This checks out with how you come across here.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 02:16:14 PM »
This checks out with how you come across here.

I love to help people get Wacky!  Especially kids.  I got my friend's sons into them back with the beginning of ANS.  It lasted until they were about 14.  But, who knows, 20 or 30 years from now they might rediscover them  :P