Author Topic: Happy Belated Birthday Jay Lynch!!  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Plastered Peanut

Happy Belated Birthday Jay Lynch!!
« on: January 10, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »
Sorry I forgot to do this on Jan 7:

Happy birthday to Jay Lynch who would have been 76 today (Jan 7, 2021).

Thank you for all the gags you gave us over the years, and I am SO GLAD and PRIVELEGED to have met you!!!!!

Harvey Kurtzman and Jay 1972.

Plastered Peanut and Jay 2006.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline MoldRush

Re: Happy Belated Birthday Jay Lynch!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 12:50:32 PM »
Was any backstory divulged regarding that old photo, with the mutual bird-flipping?  I would guess the pic was taken by a friend/colleague and they were just messing with each other.  Too bad Harvey covered his face.  We’ll just have to remember him by the portrait used in the parody Generally Demented Soft-Head Light Bulbs.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 01:39:11 PM »
Happy Birthday Jay! 

I wish I'd kept in better contact with Jay in the later 2000's after I'd stepped away from Wackys, but I'm really grateful for getting the chance to hang out at Jay's house when we were all in Chicago for the '97 Non-Sports show.  How many people get to hang out with the creator of their favorite childhood toy or collectable & check out their private files and collection of memorabilia?  That whole trip was so surreal.  Steak dinner with Tutalo at a fancy place in town was an experience, too.  Wish I could remember what the name of that restaurant was.  I seem to remember there were at least 5 collectors there (Me, John, Bill, Shoe, and Tom... plus Jay of course).  But I might be forgetting someone.  Ernie, were you with us that year?  I could probably write a book about that weekend.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »
Was any backstory divulged regarding that old photo, with the mutual bird-flipping?  I would guess the pic was taken by a friend/colleague and they were just messing with each other.  Too bad Harvey covered his face.  We’ll just have to remember him by the portrait used in the parody Generally Demented Soft-Head Light Bulbs.

I saved that picture from some old posts, probably from Jay himself, and dug it up to post here on this thread.   Here is another one (from the same post wherever it was) with Harvey and Michelle Brand.

You can bet your bottom dollar they were just fooling around.   

Send me your borderless wackys!

anything