Author Topic: Topps 1989 Vault Sale  (Read 6593 times)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
Re: Topps 1989 Vault Sale
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2022, 06:25:41 AM »
Yea, its always fun to see ideas that didn't fly (pun intended). I've seen some rough designs online that were never used, but they are still funny in their own right, and give great insight into the artist's sense of humor. A gallery of those would be of interest to most everyone on this forum!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2022, 01:11:30 AM »
Andrew ralkin was the 1st person I came across when I was actually trying to sell my childhood collection he bought it all and then wanted to return everything and just keep my bum chex and choke wagon and I told them nope it's all or nothing.  I regretted selling my wackies and took the rrelkin money and bought a wacky pack collection from some guy in Minnesota that I met through prodigy ,  it was a massive collection across series 1 to 15 stickers including 20 grime heavies.

Was Relkin the guy who turned up with the art to Nastee Crush?  As ObiWan would say, "now that's a name I haven't heard in a long long time". 
I never thought you'd sell out your art.  But I did know eventually Eric would probably end up with most of the good ones.  Do say hi for me if you talk to him again.  It's been many years & I don't have my old Wacky contact book anymore.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2022, 07:18:07 AM »
Was Relkin the guy who turned up with the art to Nastee Crush?  As ObiWan would say, "now that's a name I haven't heard in a long long time". 
I never thought you'd sell out your art.  But I did know eventually Eric would probably end up with most of the good ones.  Do say hi for me if you talk to him again.  It's been many years & I don't have my old Wacky contact book anymore.
What happened to it, if you don't mind my asking? Did it get lost? Was it destroyed?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2022, 01:54:56 PM »
I dont think Andrew Relkin ever got into art, if he did, I missed that.  He sorta just disappeared from the hobby from my point of view.  Eric still doesn't have my Hurts Art but perhaps some day he will but he claims he is retired from collecting wackies then next thing I know, he is buying full series 1 boxes from that find so who knows.  Will say hi to him for you for sure.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/