Author Topic: July Week 5 Coupon Backs  (Read 3618 times)

Offline rebelx0024

July Week 5 Coupon Backs
« on: September 09, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
Anybody get their July week 5 sets yet?  I’m looking for all 5 coupon backs from that week.  Please let me know if you have them.  Thanks!

Online quas

Re: July Week 5 Coupon Backs
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:19:22 PM »
Anybody get their July week 5 sets yet?  I’m looking for all 5 coupon backs from that week.  Please let me know if you have them.  Thanks!

I'm looking for the same!
Marc

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:55:38 PM »
My July Week 5 isn't due until 09/13! Sounds like a bad collation so far?
Did anyone get a complete alphabet set WACKY?
A

Offline drono

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 04:02:00 AM »
My July Week 5 isn't due until 09/13! Sounds like a bad collation so far?
Did anyone get a complete alphabet set WACKY?
A

The WACKY initials are on the backs of the base set, so everyone got many of them.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 04:21:21 AM »
The WACKY initials are on the backs of the base set, so everyone got many of them.

Just another thing that makes these "Nutty Initials" IMO!!!!!  The July Week 5 initial base set backs spelling "Wacky" are common, are twice the size of the initials in August, and they aren't stickers.  The August initials are 1:2 set inserts, and they are stickers.  How the heck are we supposed to display these?   

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 04:38:31 AM »
How the heck are we supposed to display these?   

Well there are 9 of them W, A, C, K, Y, PA, CK, AG, ES so I'd put them in their own 9-pocket sheet.  It sort of looks like PACKAGES are riding into the sunset since their size gets smaller.

BTW, I bought some 8 pocket sheets for the coupons so they could be displayed with landscape orientation.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 04:42:40 AM »
Well there are 9 of them W, A, C, K, Y, PA, CK, AG, ES so I'd put them in their own 9-pocket sheet.  It sort of looks like PACKAGES are riding into the sunset since their size gets smaller.

BTW, I bought some 8 pocket sheets for the coupons so they could be displayed with landscape orientation.

The initials are also portrait orientation for WACKY and landscape for PA CK AG ES. 

I like the 8 pocket idea for the coupons, will order some - thanks! 

Offline drono

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 05:16:36 AM »
The initials are also portrait orientation for WACKY and landscape for PA CK AG ES. 

That makes sense.  I haven't gotten any, so I didn't realize that.  Topps didn't think that one through very well; they could have spread PACKAGES as single letters through August and September, then done something completely insane for Sept Week 5.  Probably the same genius who messed up the order of the stickers in some of the early sets so the puzzle didn't align.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 04:31:25 PM »
Just another thing that makes these "Nutty Initials" IMO!!!!!  The July Week 5 initial base set backs spelling "Wacky" are common, are twice the size of the initials in August, and they aren't stickers.  The August initials are 1:2 set inserts, and they are stickers.  How the heck are we supposed to display these?   

Awwwwww- c’mon REALLY???!!! Ughhh!!!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 04:39:06 PM »

Such a shame. Probably 75% of the forum members, or more, would love to be continuity checkers that look over a set before its final printing and release to look for things like alignment, spelling, image sizing, formats of front and backs with placement in pages in mind, etc.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 11:03:25 PM »
Such a shame. Probably 75% of the forum members, or more, would love to be continuity checkers that look over a set before its final printing and release to look for things like alignment, spelling, image sizing, formats of front and backs with placement in pages in mind, etc.

At least we've managed to catch some typos in time to get them corrected.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 10:04:51 AM »
At least we've managed to catch some typos in time to get them corrected.

A forum member should be hired to be an editor (checker).