Author Topic: Wacky Packages Old School 9!  (Read 32736 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Old School 9!
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2020, 12:08:36 PM »
My "shipped" order hasn't even made it to Fedex yet   :sad:

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2020, 12:23:53 PM »

I haven't even gotten a notice, and one person has setup a trade thread already...
A

Offline Mr._Stubble

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2020, 12:38:48 PM »

Same here...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »
I haven't even gotten a notice, and one person has setup a trade thread already...
A

Makes you feel like you're missing out, right?

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
A

I paid for FedEx overnight.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »
Dave,
The art and the numbering are larger. Collation on the Graduation photos , Red Luds and tan backs were pretty decent(at least for the sets I got). Was disappointed they came in the plain black boxes again. Overall, great set even though I don't recognize all the products.

Yeah, I made a mock up box but it was too late to convince them to use it. Working on that for the next time. Glad to hear the art was bigger. That was my #1 problem last set and they assured me it would be fixed this time.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2020, 01:09:33 AM »

I paid for FedEx overnight.

I considered doing that, but the last time I paid Topps for overnight shipping, it "shipped" on a Friday, so they considered Monday to be "overnight."

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2020, 04:27:29 AM »
I considered doing that, but the last time I paid Topps for overnight shipping, it "shipped" on a Friday, so they considered Monday to be "overnight."

That’s exactly what happened to me this time Pat. I was pissed but, apparently I still got them before almost every one else.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2020, 06:17:09 AM »

That’s exactly what happened to me this time Pat. I was pissed but, apparently I still got them before almost every one else.
I paid for Overnight as standard delivery takes so long. Got hit by the same weekend long idle time, but the package arrived to the local warehouse on Sunday, and showed ‘expected delivery by 8pm Monday’.
That was a good start, except as of Tuesday morning they are still sitting in the same warehouse, showing an update to say ‘no scheduled delivery date’
Filing for a postage refund today, we’ll see if that goes anywhere
Every time I pay for expedited shipping with fedex, they muck it up somehow.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:26:22 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2020, 06:37:29 AM »
I paid for Next Day as standard delivery takes so long. Got hit by the same weekend long idle time, but the package arrived to the local warehouse on Sunday, and showed ‘expected delivery by 8pm Monday’.
That was a good start, except as of Tuesday morning they are still sitting in the same warehouse, showing an update to say ‘no scheduled delivery date’
Filing for a postage refund today, we’ll see if that goes anywhere
Every time I pay for expedited shipping with fedex, they muck it up somehow.

I hope Topps refunds your postage!  I used the overnight several times with great results, but the last 2 times got the Friday crap.  Decided if I was going to be aggravated over their awful shipping, it might as well not cost me any money.

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
I hope Topps refunds your postage!  I used the overnight several times with great results, but the last 2 times got the Friday crap.  Decided if I was going to be aggravated over their awful shipping, it might as well not cost me any money.
On hold for 50 minutes with Topps, but paperwork is now ‘in work’ to get the Overnight shipping cost refunded.
Tracking was updated to show its now out for delivery, so at least it wasn’t lost in a Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2020, 11:52:53 AM »
Dave,
The art and the numbering are larger. Collation on the Graduation photos , Red Luds and tan backs were pretty decent(at least for the sets I got). Was disappointed they came in the plain black boxes again. Overall, great set even though I don't recognize all the products.

I'm glad the artwork is bigger on this set compared to the last one, but why oh why are the numbers and black borders so large?  It appears as if someone just zoomed the whole shebang to fit on the card.  Wish they could get the proportions right.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »
I have not seen the finished cards. Can you post one?

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
comparing card 1 from OLDS 8 to OLDS 9
larger image, very welcome. Thicker black border on this one, which makes it look like an OS card and waiting for a die cut. Most of the other cards do not have a thick border. Some quite thin even, like with Ominous.

pretty sure the card stock is thinner though

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:23:54 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »
Hey all, I'm moving the raffle one more day to tomorrow night. I'll post the results here then. Have to finish up tomorrow's Wacky and I'm behind on it!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2020, 05:36:33 AM »
The enlarged image size is a definite improvement. Some of the designs are intricate, and especially with the smaller peripheral gags, you need a larger image so that you don't have to resort to a magnifying glass to really see it all! Otherwise, it is like the fine print on a contract that you don't notice until its too late!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2020, 05:56:10 AM »
I ordered a whole bunch, but no notification of shipping, no expected dates, nothing.

This isn't just Topps, it's with everything in my area.  The mail is just horrendous
and unpredictable.  I sent out bills two weeks ago, and I'm getting calls saying
I haven't paid a thing.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »
got mine today, sketches going on ebay soon.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2020, 01:10:03 PM »
Yesterday my shipment was in SC, with a delivery date of Monday.  Now, they made it to PA, but the delivery date is Tuesday.............

Offline WackyFrank

« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »
Hey Wacky Fans,

Merry Christmas and Wacky Holidays to all!!

I just got my set, and here are my Sketches.

Check out my ebay at bigbadzilla or please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks so much,

Wacky Frank

Offline quas

« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »
got mine today, sketches going on ebay soon.

I'm not recognizing that first artists with the Slenderfast...
Marc

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
Toofless is Jay O'Leary.  He has been doing GPK for the past few years.  I think this is first foray into Wackies.   

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2020, 02:03:53 PM »
had a chance to finally sort my packs.
once again, some of the absolute worst collation I have seen from Topps
I had doubles of ludlows within a pack. Twice!
Couldn't complete any of the three subsets, and have quadruples of some #s.
and pulled a Chenduz sketch three packs in a row.
On the one hand, it's Chenduz, on the other hand, why is the distribution so bad?
another good set dragged down by Topps

Offline Mr._Stubble

« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2020, 02:04:44 PM »
This one has had puzzled me since the 50th Anniversary series came out. 

Is Joe Grotesque and Joe Grossman one in the same?

I've seen Joe Gro sketches and Joe Grotesque sketches, but the signatures are way different.

Help!

;D

Offline Mr._Stubble

« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2020, 02:07:59 PM »
had a chance to finally sort my packs.
once again, some of the absolute worst collation I have seen from Topps
I had doubles of ludlows within a pack. Twice!
Couldn't complete any of the three subsets, and have quadruples of some #s.
and pulled a Chenduz sketch three packs in a row.
On the one hand, it's Chenduz, on the other hand, why is the distribution so bad?
another good set dragged down by Topps

Gulp!

:sign0065:

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2020, 04:11:27 PM »
My OS 9 is now due by 12/30 -
A

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2020, 01:13:43 PM »
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay but Christmas then breaking my toe messed things up. I did the raffle using a name generator to be fair and the results are:

Clint Coleman - Painting for Equartz
Gary Krohn - Painting for Bangers!
Marc Simon - Rough for Equartz
Jaron James - Rough for Bangers!
Michael Gearheart - Rough for Cool Rank Doritoes

Everyone else (15 other people!) you all get an unused ANS rough! So everyone wins something! I'll select the roughs randomly. I'll need mailing addresses for everyone here on the forum that entered.

Thanks for supporting Old School as well as the other WP sets through this crazy year! We have lots more cool stuff coming in 2021.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2020, 08:55:14 PM »
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay but Christmas then breaking my toe messed things up. I did the raffle using a name generator to be fair and the results are:

Everyone else (15 other people!) you all get an unused ANS rough! So everyone wins something! I'll select the roughs randomly. I'll need mailing addresses for everyone here on the forum that entered.

Thanks for supporting Old School as well as the other WP sets through this crazy year! We have lots more cool stuff coming in 2021.

Thanks so much David! You’re keeping us all wacky! All the best to you in 2021!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
So, my one shipment has been in PA since Friday morning, and the other has been in NJ since Saturday morning.  Now looking at delivery on Wednesday......... :sad:

« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »
So, my one shipment has been in PA since Friday morning, and the other has been in NJ since Saturday morning.  Now looking at delivery on Wednesday......... :sad:

They are worth the wait. Got mine last Wednesday.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2020, 12:05:52 PM »

My shipment has shown that FedEx was notified for pickup on Dec 18th but no change since. Called Topps this morning. The Customer rep says that means it’s boxed up and ready to ship. I asked if they do FedEx shipments daily. She said yes. So I asked why it would be ready for ten days but wouldn’t be picked up...crickets. I asked if there was a way they could confirm it was still there at the shipping point....more crickets. Agreed to call back Thursday or Friday if no updates on the tracking number. Time will tell.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline OutofStep

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »
My shipment has shown that FedEx was notified for pickup on Dec 18th but no change since. Called Topps this morning. The Customer rep says that means it’s boxed up and ready to ship. I asked if they do FedEx shipments daily. She said yes. So I asked why it would be ready for ten days but wouldn’t be picked up...crickets. I asked if there was a way they could confirm it was still there at the shipping point....more crickets. Agreed to call back Thursday or Friday if no updates on the tracking number. Time will tell.

I’m in the same boat, my shipment has been ready for pickup since 12/18.  Called Topps this morning and their customer service is worthless.

Jeff

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
...........Agreed to call back Thursday or Friday if no updates on the tracking number. Time will tell.

Ah, New Year's Eve and Day..........

At least it seems like there will be some people here who will still be trading these next week  :P

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2020, 12:42:44 PM »
Hey everyone,

Ouch!!! Breaking your toe yet!!!! Thanks for doing this raffle - would have liked to have won a piece of art, but an unused rough is good too!
Alex

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2020, 01:03:25 PM »
Hey everyone,

Yes, Dave, thanks for your generosity!

anything