Author Topic: Wacky Halloween 2020  (Read 20481 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Wacky Halloween 2020
« on: August 23, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »
This has already been mentioned in another post, but thought I'd make it official: I'm going to put my Halloween set on hiatus this year, due to upcoming projects with Topps. The good news is that there's plenty of treats in store for the 2020 holiday! More about that soon...

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled,
Neil

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Halloween 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 02:58:40 PM »
Neil,

Thanks for all you have done in the past to keep Wacky Halloween alive. It sounds like Topps will do something this year so that is great news.

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 08:04:08 AM »
And it isn't related to COVID-19 situations, of course.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 07:44:55 AM »
Neil,

Thank you for all you do! I hope their is a Breakfast Meal in store for me soon!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 11:21:58 AM »
Thanks Neil... looking forward to  it as usual  :great:

Offline jeffcaff

2020 Wacky Packages Halloween
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 10:13:07 AM »
Wasn't there some talk about a special Topps Halloween set this year?  Not sure if this was going to be a weekly set or new Postcard set or something totally different.  Any details would be great.  Halloween is only 2 weeks away!

Offline mikecho

Re: 2020 Wacky Packages Halloween
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 10:24:35 AM »
Wasn't there some talk about a special Topps Halloween set this year?  Not sure if this was going to be a weekly set or new Postcard set or something totally different.  Any details would be great.  Halloween is only 2 weeks away!
IIRC, Neil said he was making another Halloween set in 2021, being that he's busy with some projects for this year and all.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 12:44:47 PM »
Why is there no talk about this set here?

https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/online-brands/2020-topps-wacky-packages-halloween-postcard-set.html

Are there no sketches with this set?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 01:59:59 PM »
Why is there no talk about this set here?

https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/online-brands/2020-topps-wacky-packages-halloween-postcard-set.html

Are there no sketches with this set?
Thanks for posting this or I’d have missed this.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 02:23:54 PM »
The discussion so far has been in the "Wacky Postcards Are Back" thread and correct, no sketches are included.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
Thanks for posting Ernie. I had no idea.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 08:44:18 AM »
At least IMO the inclusion (in this case omission) of sketches doesn't determine the worthiness of purchasing a set of postcards. Have we quickly forgot how the sketches have evolved from the first set up until the most recent sets?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:39:36 AM by FourRoses »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »
Thanks Ernie!! I almost missed this release. What are people ordering? I purchased three sets hoping for three different glow in the dark cards and three different Bio cards.  Neil,  Please advocate for them to take care of those who order three sets.

Thanks,  Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 03:17:22 AM »
This release looks to not be selling too well; based on the lack of discussion here. I suspect the lack of sketches will cause it to end up as a very low production set. I hope some others have bought in so we can trade to complete the different elements of this set.

Offline drono

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 05:23:59 AM »
This release looks to not be selling too well; based on the lack of discussion here. I suspect the lack of sketches will cause it to end up as a very low production set. I hope some others have bought in so we can trade to complete the different elements of this set.

I think it could be the way it's being sold, coupled with the fact that we're getting new sets every week, so most collectors wallets are running low.  The die hard collectors probably purchased a set (or three in hopes of getting everything).  The dealers have probably not purchased too heavily due to lagging sales of the weekly series in the secondary market.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 05:27:44 AM »

Hi Andrew, honestly, I wouldnt use this discussion thread as a yardstick for sales. In fact, i believe theyre doing quite well. As a matter of fact,  ive seen a lot more discussion outside this forum than usual (maybe an indication that there's more options available to wacky fans these days). And yes, i agree that sketch cards would've been a nice feature, but I'm sure everyone will be pleased with the current contents. Sketch cards will come into play again in the future, but in the meantime, I think you'll find the 2020 release super fun, well-done and very collectible .

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »
Hi Andrew, honestly, I wouldnt use this discussion thread as a yardstick for sales. In fact, i believe theyre doing quite well. As a matter of fact,  ive seen a lot more discussion outside this forum than usual (maybe an indication that there's more options available to wacky fans these days). And yes, i agree that sketch cards would've been a nice feature, but I'm sure everyone will be pleased with the current contents. Sketch cards will come into play again in the future, but in the meantime, I think you'll find the 2020 release super fun, well-done and very collectible .

Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please ask Topps to collate these sets so that if you order three sets you will get one of each of the three Bios , masks and Glow In The Dark cards? Since each pack has the set has 3 base postcards and then 1 of three available Bios, Masks and GITD Postcards; I would think it would be easy to have three different groupings to mail out and give a three set buyer the complete run.

Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please ask Topps to collate these sets so that if you order three sets you will get one of each of the three Bios , masks and Glow In The Dark cards? Since each pack has the set has 3 base postcards and then 1 of three available Bios, Masks and GITD Postcards; I would think it would be easy to have three different groupings to mail out and give a three set buyer the complete run.

Andrew

I'll certainly pass your request along Andrew, although I would guess that at least some of the collation is random. But let's see how things look once everyone gets their sets and if necessary, we can start a trading thread. Sound good?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
I'll certainly pass your request along Andrew, although I would guess that at least some of the collation is random. But let's see how things look once everyone gets their sets and if necessary, we can start a trading thread. Sound good?

Thanks!!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »
Sold out as of 11:17 am!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »
Sold out as of 11:17 am!!

It never fails.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2020, 12:18:01 PM »

It never fails.

Well, there was only 43 minutes left in the 7 day offering period, so I think everyone had a more than fair chance to order these over the week.  And it's good that Topps didn't get stuck with a lot of leftovers, as I expect that the GID postcards, and maybe the masks, were a little more expensive to produce.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:22 PM »
Well, there was only 43 minutes left in the 7 day offering period, so I think everyone had a more than fair chance to order these over the week.  And it's good that Topps didn't get stuck with a lot of leftovers, as I expect that the GID postcards, and maybe the masks, were a little more expensive to produce.

Ummmm.....NO.   It wasn't fair.   I asked Neil in a private email about 2020 Halloween wackys.   Didn't hear nothing.   So naturally I assumed that there would not be any 2020 release.   So now I log on and find out I'm too late?   People don't have time to log in every freakin day give them a chance.   Most disgusted.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2020, 01:30:58 AM »
Ummmm.....NO.   It wasn't fair.   I asked Neil in a private email about 2020 Halloween wackys.   Didn't hear nothing.   So naturally I assumed that there would not be any 2020 release.   So now I log on and find out I'm too late?   People don't have time to log in every freakin day give them a chance.   Most disgusted.

PM sent.

I'm sorry you didn't know about this.  Part of my reference to "fair" was that the offering was up for pretty much the whole 7 days, minus just 43 minutes, as opposed to the Attacky Packages 4 set last month, which sold out in just 3 days.  There was also the GPK Krashers set in August that sold out in under 2 hours, even before the daily Topps email went out.  That time, if you took a lunch break from the internet you missed out.

Anyway, I bought some extra postcard sets in case anyone here missed the 7 day window.  Anyone who missed out, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to help.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:32:14 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2020, 07:37:30 AM »
Happy Wacky Halloween everyone!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2020, 08:14:31 AM »
Happy Wacky Halloween. Here are some of my favorite Wacky Halloween Cards:

Neil Camera Tricky Treat Sketch 2009. #10 of 13 sketches done.

Matthew Kirscht : Return Sketch

Neil Camera Cleanup on Aisle 13 Slithers Variation Card (Missing the red snake on side of wrapper)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:48 AM »
I was surprised how little this was advertised here until I dug up this thread.  Hiding it in the "post cards are back" thread never occurred to me that info about 2020 Halloween sets would be there.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2020, 08:28:40 AM »
talking about a new Postcards set in a Topps Postcards thread is hardly "hiding it"

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2020, 09:32:31 AM »
I was surprised how little this was advertised here until I dug up this thread.  Hiding it in the "post cards are back" thread never occurred to me that info about 2020 Halloween sets would be there.

I would have missed out if you had not posted Ernie. Thanks again.

Andrew

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2020, 12:44:52 PM »
Many many thanks to a couple of members here who have offered to hook me up with an extra set!   Wacky collectors are the best!    Happy Halloween everyone.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2020, 03:07:22 PM »
Happy Wacky Halloween. Here are some of my favorite Wacky Halloween Cards:

Neil Camera Tricky Treat Sketch 2009. #10 of 13 sketches done.

Matthew Kirscht : Return Sketch

That color Kirscht sketch is great!!!
A

Neil Camera Cleanup on Aisle 13 Slithers Variation Card (Missing the red snake on side of wrapper)

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2020, 09:26:38 AM »
Kirscht Cards ROCKS!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline bandaches

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2020, 10:24:37 AM »
talking about a new Postcards set in a Topps Postcards thread is hardly "hiding it"
you are welcome to feel that the postcard thread highlights the Halloween release as that is how I take your snarky response but several thanked me for reviving this thread and we can see people missed the Halloween set so exactly what is the point of your snarky response?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:26:42 AM by bandaches »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »

David, I'm sorry to hear you missed the set, but like you, I don't have time to log in to the forum every day.  To clarify about the 2020 Halloween release, when you wrote to me, I didn't have any idea if we would be doing the Topps set or not, so please don't think I was trying to keep any news from you. Again, I'm sorry if you missed it, but I'm happy to hear that other folks on the forum can help you out with sets. At least, this story has a happy ending.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020, 01:55:06 PM »
Thanks Neil, and I overreacted a bit, which I apologize for.

David, I'm sorry to hear you missed the set, but like you, I don't have time to log in to the forum every day.  To clarify about the 2020 Halloween release, when you wrote to me, I didn't have any idea if we would be doing the Topps set or not, so please don't think I was trying to keep any news from you. Again, I'm sorry if you missed it, but I'm happy to hear that other folks on the forum can help you out with sets. At least, this story has a happy ending.