Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238405 times)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator

Offline bwing

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #1541 on: November 11, 2020, 09:17:40 AM »
Nice set (as usual).

However, I'm going down to 2 sets per week.  Hopefully I can get both a Wonky and an Artist card but I'm over chasing all the other variations.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #1542 on: November 11, 2020, 01:10:21 PM »
Stinkies?

Never heard of that one
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 01:16:16 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1543 on: November 11, 2020, 01:31:04 PM »

Offline quas

« Reply #1544 on: November 11, 2020, 01:36:40 PM »
My September Week 4 showed up today.  Worst collation I've gotten so far.  7 luds and 3 coupons, with only 2 different coupons  :o

Yep, this was indeed the worst so far.  I got 7 Luds and 3 coupons, but at least all 3 coupons were different.  Shame on Topps.
Marc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #1545 on: November 11, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »
Here's my card for this week: Geese's Peanut Butter Ducks!

• Administrator
« Reply #1546 on: November 11, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »
November Week 1 sales:  644

Offline quas

« Reply #1547 on: November 11, 2020, 02:42:13 PM »
November Week 1 sales:  644

Presumably when we receive it we'll all be saying "Happy New Year!"  if we're lucky.
Marc

Offline dth1971

« Reply #1548 on: November 11, 2020, 03:10:53 PM »
Here's my card for this week: Geese's Peanut Butter Ducks!

Featuring the Ducko Cement duck!

I also notice Spoilment Gum features the Wormy Packages worms!

• Administrator
« Reply #1549 on: November 11, 2020, 03:32:53 PM »
or are they the Scare Deal notebook worms???

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #1550 on: November 11, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
Don't think things will be much better in September Week 5.

With 10 sets, I did get equal amounts of Ludlows and Coupons, but only 3 different of each.

One of my guest artist cards was stuck to the case so badly that I had to literally bang it on a hard surface several times to even loosen it.  Didn't have a problem with any other cards sticking together, though.

Unequal amounts of Wonky vs. Guest Artist for the 3rd time in the last 2 months...

Good luck to everyone else. 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #1551 on: November 11, 2020, 05:39:33 PM »
Featuring the Ducko Cement duck!

It's Daffy Ducko ;)

I think F&S is correct, Spoilmint features the Scaredeal worms

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1552 on: November 11, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »
That's right! Honka Picky Stix was done; why not these three? I see no difference here whatsoever. If that one can do it, these three can do it!

It's not that it can't be done, it's that I wish snot jokes were left out of wackys.  If you enjoy those, great.  If they get too common in these weekly series, Topps will lose at least one customer in me.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1553 on: November 11, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »
It's not that it can't be done, it's that I wish snot jokes were left out of wackys.  If you enjoy those, great.  If they get too common in these weekly series, Topps will lose at least one customer in me.
I understand where you're coming from here. However,  I think if Topps can just get these three, and only these three, out of the way once and for all, then they can do whatever they want with the ANWS from that point onward. I don't think there's going to be any more jokes of that kind left over after that.

According to lostwackys.com (and the pictures are in the Lost Wackys section of the site if anyone wants to look at them (the only exception on this first list is the last one)), these are the Wackys from the ANS run that were finished but, for a long time, were never/still haven't been published:

1. Little Drippie Snot Cakes,
2. Snot Pockets,
3. Swansong Chicken Snot Pie,
4) 3 Racketeers*,
5. Marshmallow Creeps (with purple Creeps)*,
6. Twits*,
7. Hi-Sea*,
8. Honka Picky Stix*,
9. Snore Caps*,
10. Elapse Gum*,
11. Maximum Security*

All but the last two came from ANS1-ANS3. The last two came from ANS6.

I've marked the ones that have been released already with an asterisk. Only the first three remain unreleased (but, hopefully, not for long).

There were also two more from ANS4, but unfortunately, just like Maximum Security from ANS6 in the first list, there are no pictures for either of them on the site. They are:

1. Cream of Meat,
2. Erbal Essence (I'm presuming that's how it's spelled; it might be misspelled on the site, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out with this one?)

In addition, there are three others on the site which, I've been told, were never intended to be released as Wackys at all (there are pictures of them, however, in this case):

1. Bacteria,
2. Usneeze,
3. Miracle Warp
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:33:15 PM by mikecho »

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #1554 on: November 12, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »
My September Week 4 finally came today.  Like others, my collation was awful!  Guess I'll have to hunt down the rest of the coupons I didn't get.  It's a shame that you plunk down $135 and can't even get a whole set!

Yet, I continue to buy them because the artists do such a great job on them, and the gags are usually pretty good and make me laugh.  And I need some good laughs these days.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #1555 on: November 13, 2020, 04:46:44 AM »
It's a barrage of Wackys!

Awakened to find a shipping notice from Topps, though it is for October Week 2  :o

• Administrator
« Reply #1556 on: November 13, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
It's a barrage of Wackys!

Awakened to find a shipping notice from Topps, though it is for October Week 2  :o
I had two notices this morning, October week 1 and 2. Different packages of course.

Meanwhile, my September week 5 is still taking a tour of Atlanta

Offline quas

« Reply #1557 on: November 13, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
I had two notices this morning, October week 1 and 2. Different packages of course.

Meanwhile, my September week 5 is still taking a tour of Atlanta

Same here, notices for October weeks 1 and 2, but no September week 5 yet.
Marc

Offline dth1971

« Reply #1558 on: November 14, 2020, 08:28:01 AM »
I understand where you're coming from here. However,  I think if Topps can just get these three, and only these three, out of the way once and for all, then they can do whatever they want with the ANWS from that point onward. I don't think there's going to be any more jokes of that kind left over after that.

According to lostwackys.com (and the pictures are in the Lost Wackys section of the site if anyone wants to look at them (the only exception on this first list is the last one)), these are the Wackys from the ANS run that were finished but, for a long time, were never/still haven't been published:

1. Little Drippie Snot Cakes,
2. Snot Pockets,
3. Swansong Chicken Snot Pie,
4) 3 Racketeers*,
5. Marshmallow Creeps (with purple Creeps)*,
6. Twits*,
7. Hi-Sea*,
8. Honka Picky Stix*,
9. Snore Caps*,
10. Elapse Gum*,
11. Maximum Security*

All but the last two came from ANS1-ANS3. The last two came from ANS6.

I've marked the ones that have been released already with an asterisk. Only the first three remain unreleased (but, hopefully, not for long).

There were also two more from ANS4, but unfortunately, just like Maximum Security from ANS6 in the first list, there are no pictures for either of them on the site. They are:

1. Cream of Meat,
2. Erbal Essence (I'm presuming that's how it's spelled; it might be misspelled on the site, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out with this one?)

In addition, there are three others on the site which, I've been told, were never intended to be released as Wackys at all (there are pictures of them, however, in this case):

1. Bacteria,
2. Usneeze,
3. Miracle Warp

I wonder if any one of the unreleased John Pound and/or Tom Bunk and/or Pat Piggot 1992 Wacky Packages entries will make the Wacky Packages weekly series as a GUEST ARTIST OF THE WEEK entry?

Also: I guess the planned for ANS6 "Start Wars" nor any unreleased Star Wars Wacky Packages entries will never make the Wacky Packages weekly series since Topps still has a C&D from Disney, owners of Star Wars.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:33:09 AM by dth1971 »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1559 on: November 14, 2020, 12:31:26 PM »
I wonder if any one of the unreleased John Pound and/or Tom Bunk and/or Pat Piggot 1992 Wacky Packages entries will make the Wacky Packages weekly series as a GUEST ARTIST OF THE WEEK entry?

Also: I guess the planned for ANS6 "Start Wars" nor any unreleased Star Wars Wacky Packages entries will never make the Wacky Packages weekly series since Topps still has a C&D from Disney, owners of Star Wars.
The first possibility would be a great idea! I never even thought of that, to tell you the truth. Topps could finally get most, if not all, of the lost 1992 Wackys published at last except, of course, for the four Disney ones - De'Ja Vu Master Sickey Mouse Viewer and the three VHS tapes, Bimbo, Buck Tales and The Little Barmaid (especially The Little Barmaid, if you've seen what that one looks like).

Btw, what does Start Wars look like? I didn't see that one in the ANS6 section of the Lost Wackys section in lostwackys.com. May I please have a picture?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:51:05 PM by mikecho »

Offline quas

« Reply #1560 on: November 14, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »
The first possibility would be a great idea! I never even thought of that, to tell you the truth. Topps could finally get most, if not all, of the lost 1992 Wackys published at last except, of course, for the four Disney ones - Deja V'u Master Sickey Mouse Viewer and the three VHS tape ones, Bimbo, Buck Tales and The Little Barmaid (especially The Little Barmaid, if you've seen what that one looks like).

http://www.lostwackys.com/wacky-packages/lost-wackys/1990s/little-barmaid.htm
Marc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1561 on: November 14, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »
http://www.lostwackys.com/wacky-packages/lost-wackys/1990s/little-barmaid.htm
Thank you!

And seriously, does anyone here really think that Disney's going to let that one get out into the wild?

As a certain clown has said many times before: "I don't think so, Homey don't play that."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 07:12:24 PM by mikecho »

Offline quas

« Reply #1562 on: November 16, 2020, 12:21:25 PM »
Same here, notices for October weeks 1 and 2, but no September week 5 yet.

Just got October Weeks 1 and 2, but still no September Week 5.

Week 1 - got 3 of 5 coupons (1, 3, 4) and 4 of 5 ludlows (1, 3, 4, 5).

Week 2 - got 4 of 5 coupons (6, 7, 9, 10) and 3 of 5 ludlows (6, 7, 10).

Not as bad as September Week 4, but still not great.
Marc

Offline Swiski

« Reply #1563 on: November 16, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
It's weird you guys are missing your September week 5. I got that one today, but no October sets yet.

Online Lavirus

« Reply #1564 on: November 16, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »

Me too, first time I've received things out of order.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #1565 on: November 16, 2020, 03:13:13 PM »
My Sept. week 5 arrived end of last week.  Today received both Oct.  week 1 and 2.

« Reply #1566 on: November 16, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »

Me too, first time I've received things out of order.

Me three, got oct weeks 1 and 2 but not sept week 5 yet.

• Administrator
« Reply #1567 on: November 16, 2020, 03:28:55 PM »
It's weird you guys are missing your September week 5. I got that one today, but no October sets yet.
my week 5 got sent directly to Atlanta, and has now been shuffled around to four different depots around the city. Going nowhere for 5 days straight. Expected delivery date has already slipped a couple of days. Feels like FedEx is having issues with their system.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #1568 on: November 16, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
Btw, I'd like to compliment the artists and gag writers on very good Oct. releases so far  (except for picky stix yuck).

Maulo Cup is a cool one with good art and gag.  Wish these were stickers.  This is one I would stick to something.

Lots of good candy cards for Halloween (whoops a little late haha).  I always like a Marathon bar gag.

For some reason I really like the paper towel parody Sparker.  That's a fun one!

Good start to October's cards.  :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1569 on: November 16, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »
my week 5 got sent directly to Atlanta, and has now been shuffled around to four different depots around the city. Going nowhere for 5 days straight. Expected delivery date has already slipped a couple of days. Feels like FedEx is having issues with their system.

My September week 5 is bouncing around like a pinball between NJ and PA.  October weeks 1 and 2 arrived today.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #1570 on: November 16, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »
My September week 5 is bouncing around like a pinball between NJ and PA.  October weeks 1 and 2 arrived today.
There’s been so much of this reported by members buying the weekly sets and tracking their purchases, and it doesn’t seem to have improved in the slightest over the 6-7 months that the ANWS has been in existence.  Delays based on the lead time needed to actually produce the sets is one thing, but what’s all the nonsense with shipments bouncing around randomly from place to place?  Regular mail is still pretty much working, Amazon orders still arrive in a few days, and so on.  What is causing these Topps shipments to take these convoluted routes?  Has Topps offered any explanation at all for why this is happening?

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #1571 on: November 16, 2020, 10:21:33 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I also got my October Weeks 1 & 2 today; the shipping notice was sent Friday night.  On Wednesday, I got a shipping notice for September Week 5, and it's been bouncing around Georgia in towns I've never heard of since then!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1572 on: November 17, 2020, 02:25:10 AM »
There’s been so much of this reported by members buying the weekly sets and tracking their purchases, and it doesn’t seem to have improved in the slightest over the 6-7 months that the ANWS has been in existence.  Delays based on the lead time needed to actually produce the sets is one thing, but what’s all the nonsense with shipments bouncing around randomly from place to place?  Regular mail is still pretty much working, Amazon orders still arrive in a few days, and so on.  What is causing these Topps shipments to take these convoluted routes?  Has Topps offered any explanation at all for why this is happening?

This wasn't really happening to me at the beginning, just seemed to start about 6 weeks ago.  Perhaps we should now call Smartpost Stupidpost? 

My September Week 5 shipping notice came on Tuesday, 11/10.  It left PA at 12:43 pm yesterday, and still hasn't arrived anywhere.......  Tracking shows it will be here tomorrow, 11/18. 

Knowing that I might need coupons from September Week 5, I hate to do anything with my extra October stuff until I finish up September.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:27:26 AM by RawGoo »

Offline drono

« Reply #1573 on: November 17, 2020, 04:55:17 AM »
I got my September week 5 about a week ago, but I haven't gotten anything from October yet other than two shipping notices.  Our mail service has been really weird over the past month or so - some nights not coming until after 7PM and a couple of days not coming at all.  On normal days, the mail comes between 4 and 5 PM, but yesterday it was delivered at 10:30 in the morning.  I wonder what it will be like as Christmas approaches.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #1574 on: November 17, 2020, 06:57:27 AM »
This wasn't really happening to me at the beginning, just seemed to start about 6 weeks ago.  Perhaps we should now call Smartpost Stupidpost?
Ah, that’s probably the issue right there.  I haven’t received many packages via SmartPost to notice any discernible trends, but I’m guessing they probably offered the cheapest rates to Topps, leaving their customers to deal with the incompetence that follows.