Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238376 times)

Offline Dr.M

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2020, 01:48:15 PM »
If sales continue to be strong for the next 2 weeks of releases, will we be seeing a weekly series in June as well?

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2020, 02:24:26 PM »
I wonder if in terms of this business model, a 16% decrease in sales after the first week is actually considered "holding strong"?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:54:08 PM by cmgmd »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »
Each parody this week is a winner!! Nice parodies, nice illustrations....perfection!! I've never been so excited about Wednesdays for a long time.

When comic books come back, it will be the best day of the week even more!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:32:08 AM by Swiski »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2020, 05:44:14 PM »
I have one more coming next week then for June (which is now happening) I will be missing the first two sets for that month. I'll be doing one each in the last two for the month. Engstrom and Simko will be taking one each of mine because I have to finish up some other work and some home stuff. I should be back to normal weekly schedule for July should things still be moving ahead.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2020, 06:12:38 PM »
Topps' website SUCKS! Does anyone know how to cancel an order? It appears to be impossible while you're logged in to your account...WTF!?!?!?! They want us to buy this stuff, they need to make it easier and less error prone....too many f--ing glitches in their processing.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2020, 06:52:50 PM »
BigT.... hahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahaha

Their site DOES SUCK!!!!!!

IMPOSSIBLE TO EASILY find ANYTHING WACKY!!!!!! (they LOVEEEEEE To blend with GPK CRAP!!!!!!!!)

AND it is very slowwwwwwwww..... I bet if you wanted GPK and Baseball crap - It would move fast.......

Talk among yourselves!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »
Their site DOES SUCK!!!!!!
IMPOSSIBLE TO EASILY find ANYTHING WACKY!!!!!!
Richard
#StayWacky
True, their site does have a lot of issues, and Search is terrible, but if you just wanna see Wackys, then just go to the Wacky category

Menu—>Cards&Collectibles—>Online Brands—>Wacky Packages

And these weekly sets have also been right near the top of the home page in the New Releases area for the entire week.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »
I have one more coming next week then for June (which is now happening) I will be missing the first two sets for that month. I'll be doing one each in the last two for the month. Engstrom and Simko will be taking one each of mine because I have to finish up some other work and some home stuff. I should be back to normal weekly schedule for July should things still be moving ahead.

Fantastic news. Keep them coming. Such a great lead up to your Old School series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2020, 05:09:53 PM »
Hoping week one cards arrive soon......

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2020, 05:13:42 PM »
Hoping week one cards arrive soon......
they haven't even sent out shipping notices. The 3-5 business days is bogus.
Surprising too, as the weekly GPK sets state 5-7 business days. Why would Wackys be any quicker?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »
We’ll be ordering the 4th set before the first arrives.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2020, 03:07:25 AM »
We’ll be ordering the 4th set before the first arrives.

I ordered two sets of weeks one and two and one set of week three. I was hoping to receive the week one set before ordering ends for week three so I could up my order to two packs if the collation on the Wonky is Wonky.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2020, 09:11:17 PM »
Just received my shipping notice from Topps via FedEx

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2020, 09:44:20 PM »
Just received my shipping notice from Topps via FedEx

Same here.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2020, 11:39:14 PM »
My notice came at 4 minutes after midnight.

Offline drono

« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2020, 04:44:02 AM »
I think I got mine at 11:55 PM.  I have no idea if it's from Topps though.

**** This is a post-only message.  Please do not respond. ****

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:   

Below is the USPS Tracking number you need to determine the delivery status of your package.   

USPS Tracking Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   
Your package is scheduled for shipment on 5/22/2020.   

This email was automatically generated by the US Postal Service (www.usps.com) at the shipper's request. Any reply to this email will not be received by the USPS or shipper.  The USPS has not collected or retained any personal information that would identify you or your purchase from this email.   

Thank you,    US-001893738 

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2020, 05:47:01 AM »
After-hours notifications on a Friday of a 3-day weekend? How very Topps-like.
Nothing will really be shipping until next Tuesday. At least they are finally starting to print them.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2020, 05:51:46 AM »
Nothing will really be shipping until next Tuesday. At least they are finally starting to print them.

That's exactly what I thought.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2020, 06:58:43 AM »

I got my notification just before midnight. I live minutes from the printer (I used them for my Fearsome Weirdos set) and I think that they work 24/7 which may explain the shipping being printed at night. I expect USPS would pick up and hopefully scan the packages today.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:05:15 AM by zerostreet »
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2020, 07:47:15 AM »
I got my notification just before midnight. I live minutes from the printer (I used them for my Fearsome Weirdos set) and I think that they work 24/7 which may explain the shipping being printed at night. I expect USPS would pick up and hopefully scan the packages today.

Mine said Fedex.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2020, 09:22:44 AM »
Mine said Fedex.

Really? My Topps purchases always come USPS...maybe they go with the better rate for different regions.
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline Swiski

« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
I think I got mine at 11:55 PM.  I have no idea if it's from Topps though.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:   

Below is the USPS Tracking number you need to determine the delivery status of your package.   

USPS Tracking Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   
Your package is scheduled for shipment on 5/22/2020.   

This email was automatically generated by the US Postal Service (www.usps.com) at the shipper's request. Any reply to this email will not be received by the USPS or shipper.  The USPS has not collected or retained any personal information that would identify you or your purchase from this email.   

Thank you,    US-001893738 

I got the same shipping notice emailed to me. I checked my account on Topps, and all 3 weekly sets I ordered just says processing.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2020, 02:35:08 PM »
I got a rock.......

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2020, 02:50:40 PM »
I got a rock.......

;D

Did you order on the first day?  I'm wondering if that matters, especially since I had a busy week with work and ordered the third week set just today.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2020, 03:38:49 AM »
I ordered on the 3rd day I think. Email came in late last night. Shipping via USPS. Label generated. Not shipped yet.
So far only HenryR on ebay has presold Wonky's for $16.99. What do we think they will settle at long term?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:40:28 AM by DrDeal »

Offline drono

« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2020, 04:32:38 AM »
I got another shipping notice last night at 8:04 PM.  It says shipped by USPS, but the shipping method is FedEx-Smart Post.

So far only HenryR on ebay has presold Wonky's for $16.99. What do we think they will settle at long term?

He has the Crumbs for set 2 listed now -- two listed for $17.99, one sold already in less than 24 hours.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264741086671

Not knowing the collation, I wonder how many sets he ordered to guarantee getting at least two.

It also makes me think that the printing numbers may be misleading for the apparent demand of these two sets.  I wonder how many unique collectors ordered a set.  The ones that ordered many sets were probably doing so to resell many of them to recoup the cost.  If the collation is evenly distributed, then there will be 886 and 745 base sets, 118 and 99 ludlow back and coupon back sets, and 590 and 496 Wonky Packages, respectively for the two printing runs.  It will be interesting to see how many of these back variation sets show up on eBay and at what price.  It also means that many base sets will be tossed aside like the baseball cards of the early 90s.

However, an interest on eBay also shows an interest in Wacky Packages in general, but for some reason the buyers chose not to order directly from Topps.  Some probably didn't know or missed it.  Others might have chosen just to buy off ebay instead of playing the collation game.  So I wonder what the printing numbers would have been if there had been just five base stickers and one Wonky Package with the back variations offered separately.  I feel that would have been a better measure of the true demand.

Either way, I'm happy to see Wacky Packages back again!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:09:29 PM by drono »

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2020, 05:05:32 AM »
Have been holding off on ordering week #3 until receiving a shipping notice for week #1.  Still no news.  I feel like Charlie Brown...

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2020, 05:51:46 AM »
If the collation is evenly distributed, then there will be 886 and 745 base sets, 118 and 99 ludlow back, coupon back, and Wonky Packages, respectively for the two printing runs.  It will be interesting to see how many of these back variation sets show up on eBay and at what price. 
For your numbers, the 118 and 99 ludlow and coupon, that's the total number of "sets of five" cards divided by three (printRun*2Bonus/(5+5+5)). But since the Wonky is only a single title without variations, the total number of them printed in this scenario is five times that number, or 590 Wonkys.

To me that seems a really high number. I'm hoping for a different definition of 'evenly distributed', which is that there is only one Wonky per each sets of Ludlow and Coupons (printRun*2Bonus/(5+5+1)). This scenario would then give 161 of each set of five back variations as well as only 161 Wonky cards. More total back variation sets and a lot fewer Wonkys.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:48:24 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline drono

« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2020, 07:11:18 AM »
For your numbers, the 118 and 99 ludlow and coupon, that's the total number of "sets of five" cards divided by three (printRun*2Bonus/(5+5+5)). But since the Wonky is only a single title without variations, the total number of them printed in this scenario is five times that number, or 590 Wonkys.

Good catch!  The puppy has awakened me too early on a Sunday for my brain to be working properly.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »
I got my notice Late Friday - SO..... If we only ordered one pack, does that mean we will get a Wonky or is it just dumb luck?

Richard
#StayWacky

• Administrator
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2020, 08:48:05 AM »
Good catch!  The puppy has awakened me too early on a Sunday for my brain to be working properly.
Well, we don’t know what the odds are yet, other than that there is not a Wonky in every pack - otherwise the write up would had said that . So your guess is as good as any
Could even be something uneven, like two coupons for every one ludlow, just to muck with the odds

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »

To me that seems a really high number. I'm hoping for a different definition of 'evenly distributed', which is that there is only one Wonky per each sets of Ludlow and Coupons (printRun*2Bonus/(5+5+1)). This scenario would then give 161 of each set of five back variations as well as only 161 Wonky cards. More total back variation sets and a lot fewer Wonkys.

I was also thinking that the Wonky inserts would be scarcer per 5 card set because they would be outnumbered by 10 alternate backs.  But, who knows with Topps!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
I got my notice Late Friday - SO..... If we only ordered one pack, does that mean we will get a Wonky or is it just dumb luck?

Richard
#StayWacky

Despite requests for clarification from Topps, specific insert card distribution in weekly sets was not provided, and we won't be getting our Week 1 sets for at least another week to see how they decided to do it.  Hell, they could change it mid-series.....

Meanwhile, people are buying blind. 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2020, 09:45:03 AM »
I agree - I would buy 2 packs if they had 1 Wonky - NOT going to buy 5-6 ...... Hope is NOT a strategy

Richard
#StayWacky
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:49:09 AM by vahsurfer »

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2020, 10:01:45 AM »
I ended up buying 3 packs. I thought at worst, if all the bonus cards were even distributed at the same odds, that with 3 packs I would have a 50% chance of getting the Wonky.

I still think there will be one coupon card as a bonus in each set with one ludlow and one wonky in every other set, meaning a 50% chance of a wonky. If that is the case, there might be enough around so everyone who wants one could get one without paying an arm and a leg for it.

Might be good to have a running tally of what kind of cards everyone gets if it isn't obvious as to the odds of getting each variety.

We shall see in due time....

anything