Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238411 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
Best of luck to all who receive their cards today.

Offline 1980Phils

« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
Anyone else still waiting for a shipping notice?
I am also still in "processing" for the week 1 set.  I'm considering putting my money towards other things at this point.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2020, 10:39:42 AM »
I received my two packs. No wonky.  :sad:  The first pack had five base, 1 coupon back 1 Lud.

The second pack had 10 base (2 sets) , 1 coupon back and 1 Lud. LOL.   :]

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
All of my packs had the coupon/lud pairing for bonus cards, other than the Wonky packs, which had either one or the other.

Offline drono

« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2020, 12:23:59 PM »

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

I struck out on getting a color sketch in all 17 of the binders, so I'm sure I'll beat the odds again and never get a Wonky.  I can live with that.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2020, 01:03:25 PM »
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

I struck out on getting a color sketch in all 17 of the binders, so I'm sure I'll beat the odds again and never get a Wonky.  I can live with that.

I had the same luck with the binder sketches.  And now, I got one Wonky out of 10 packs  :sad:

Offline quas

« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »
I had the same luck with the binder sketches.  And now, I got one Wonky out of 10 packs  :sad:

I got one Wonky out of 5 packs.  I have an extra #1 coupon back and Ludlows #2 and #3 that I'd trade for a #4 coupon back.
Marc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2020, 02:56:59 PM »

THANKS!! GOT 2 WONKYS - GUESS F&S WAS RIGHT AGAIN - FOR SOME OF US - :] :] :] :] :]
TOPPS IS ALWAYS PLAYING WITH US AS THEY TAKE OUR MONEY!!WE SHOULD PROTEST IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES :] :] :] :]
WE WANT WONKY'S ******** WE WANT WONKY'S********* WE WANT WONKY'S

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2020, 04:53:36 PM »
THANKS!! GOT 2 WONKYS - GUESS F&S WAS RIGHT AGAIN - FOR SOME OF US - :] :] :] :] :]
TOPPS IS ALWAYS PLAYING WITH US AS THEY TAKE OUR MONEY!!WE SHOULD PROTEST IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICES :] :] :] :]
WE WANT WONKY'S ******** WE WANT WONKY'S********* WE WANT WONKY'S

How many packs did you buy bro??

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2020, 06:44:56 PM »
How many packs did you buy bro??

10 packs did it!!  8)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #360 on: June 02, 2020, 03:17:11 AM »
I secured a Baby Rant Wonky via Ebay.  I don't plan on buying any others of the first 4 made. Not liking the others enough to buy them. Digging Baby Rant for the gag and the character. I have two young grandkids and can totally relate to that card.   ;)  Also wanted to have Wonky #1.   

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2020, 08:14:27 AM »

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #362 on: June 02, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »
Week 5 comes out tomorrow and Topps still has only shipped a fraction of the Week 1 release. 

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2020, 08:42:11 AM »
Sneak peek at the first of the June Wackys

https://i.postimg.cc/02PvsY6R/DC036-B35-C8-EA-4-E14-80-D9-4-B576-A4-E9-D06.jpg

Very surreal! And the cyclops is a nice touch.  Does anybody know who painted this?  It brings to mind some of Smokin' Joe's work.

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: June 02, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »
Very surreal! And the cyclops is a nice touch.  Does anybody know who painted this?  It brings to mind some of Smokin' Joe's work.
Pretty sure it’s Smokin’ Joe.
He hasn’t done a final painting for a couple weeks, so it’s great to see a return of his work.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #365 on: June 02, 2020, 08:55:30 AM »
I secured a Baby Rant Wonky via Ebay.  I don't plan on buying any others of the first 4 made. Not liking the others enough to buy them. Digging Baby Rant for the gag and the character. I have two young grandkids and can totally relate to that card.   ;)  Also wanted to have Wonky #1.   

I thought and did the same thing.

Although I could afford the Wonkys, it would slowly drain my savings in the process.  Mind, I'm not calling the grapes sour.  I do like the Wonkys; They would make a nice addition to my collection.  I just cannot reasonably justify gambling an extra $300 - $600 dollars per month in order to try to obtain four cards, let alone the substantial cost of procuring these cards over the course of a year - mind, with no guarantees of anything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:57:29 AM by Baked Bears »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #366 on: June 02, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »
So for Wonky Odds so far we have, 1 for 11 packs, 4 for 20 packs, 2 for 10 packs. So that sounds like 1 with 5 packs. Has anyone scored a Wonky with a one or two pack purchase? I want to figure out if they intentionally give you a wonky if you hit a purchase threshold.  That threshold may be 5 packs. Let's figure this out.  If there is zero chance of a Wonky with buying 1 pack, I may just buy these on Ebay going forward.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: June 02, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
So for Wonky Odds so far we have, 1 for 11 packs, 4 for 20 packs, 2 for 10 packs. So that sounds like 1 with 5 packs. Has anyone scored a Wonky with a one or two pack purchase? I want to figure out if they intentionally give you a wonky if you hit a purchase threshold.  That threshold may be 5 packs. Let's figure this out.  If there is zero chance of a Wonky with buying 1 pack, I may just buy these on Ebay going forward.

Having only received one, all I can say is that the Wonky I pulled was the last card in the plastic case, and therefore the back was visible.  Can't say whether other people might be finding Wonkys between the base cards and the last card.

Still no shipping notice for my second order for Week 1.........  and they expect us to pony up for Week 5 tomorrow?

Offline drono

« Reply #368 on: June 02, 2020, 10:37:23 AM »

You think this might be the reason that Topps has been so slow shipping these?  They know that once we figure out how much it's going to cost for Wonkys or master sets that those of us who are one and two pack buyers are going to stop buying from Topps and buy base sets off eBay instead.  In the meantime those multi-pack buyers are going to be stuck with base sets they can't sell and have to lower their prices on the coupon and ludlow backs to get them to move, so they're going to either get out completely or buy less?  Then the base sets will dry up on eBay, and we'll be oscillating back in the other direction.  O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:43:10 AM by drono »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #369 on: June 02, 2020, 10:38:02 AM »
I thought for sure we'd be seeing shipping notices for week 2 by now. They must be backed up with orders and shipping at Topps.

« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »

Bought 2 sets got no Wonky.

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
Having only received one, all I can say is that the Wonky I pulled was the last card in the plastic case, and therefore the back was visible.  Can't say whether other people might be finding Wonkys between the base cards and the last card.

Still no shipping notice for my second order for Week 1.........  and they expect us to pony up for Week 5 tomorrow?
All my bonus cards were second and third in the pile, sandwiched between standard card #1 and #2. This included the Wonkys

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2020, 11:05:35 AM »
So the only way to buy a wonky right now is via a $119 master set.  Considering the Alt Back cards are worth $3 - 4. That means you are paying about $70 for the Wonky.  Ouch!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »
All my bonus cards were second and third in the pile, sandwiched between standard card #1 and #2. This included the Wonkys

Weird! Mine were all on the bottom of the case underneath the base cards.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: June 02, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »
Weird! Mine were all on the bottom of the case underneath the base cards.

Same here.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #375 on: June 02, 2020, 02:53:49 PM »
I purchased 3 sets and one had a Wonky.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:20:22 PM by rdsjnk »

Offline WACKY MIKE

« Reply #376 on: June 02, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
I bought 2 sets and got 1 wonky.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #377 on: June 02, 2020, 03:32:55 PM »
Glad to see that some people who have bought 2 or 3 sets are getting a wonky.

I guess buying 6 packs will mostly likely guarantee that you get one. Is that worth $90 is the question?

Still no shipping notice for my Week 1 sets. Hopefully once it ships,  it won't be sent by carrier pigeon!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2020, 03:38:40 PM »
I ordered 4 sets each week. Seeing that some of you got the winky with 2 or 3 sets gives me hope. Unfortunately I will not be able to pick mine up until the border re-opens. Will post what I get as soon as get them. Will post my wants and trades in the trading section. With 4 weeks purchased and another set to be released tomorrow...yet only 1 set shipped. I may not be that far behind at this rate.

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: June 02, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
Unfortunately I will not be able to pick mine up until the border re-opens.
that is unfortunate
I bought something two weeks ago, not realizing it would be shipping from Canada, and got worried about delays
But it got to me just three days. I was stunned.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »
It’s funny how some things can be shipped over the border quickly and some take forever. The biggest problem is shipping to Canada from the US costs so much $$$$. It’s actually rediculous. Having the mailbox in the US saves the cost of shipping as most US companies seem to have a free shipping option. Even when I do trades with other members here. I go down and ship from the US. You get good pricing/tracking and service. Hope everyone is doing ok down there with everything going on before and during this past week. To all my US friends and members here, take care of yourselves.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2020, 06:29:57 PM »
My order arrived today.  Not sure if I ever got a shipping notice.  Bought one pack and got no Wonky.  Listed my ludlow and coupon backs on ebay.  Figure it'll help me recoup part of my cost, though it's so little it's hardly worth it.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
My first week sets arrived with no notice! I ordered 4 sets and got one Wonky. All the bonus cards were at that back and I could see the Wonky card in it's plastic case as it was the last card and stood out even though I didn't know what the back would look like - got 4 ludlow backs but only 2 different ones!
Been so busy I forgot to order Week 3 - A

Offline quas

« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2020, 11:16:06 PM »
My first week sets arrived with no notice! I ordered 4 sets and got one Wonky. All the bonus cards were at that back and I could see the Wonky card in it's plastic case as it was the last card and stood out even though I didn't know what the back would look like - got 4 ludlow backs but only 2 different ones!
Been so busy I forgot to order Week 3 - A

Same here.  4 ludlows backs but just 2 different ones.
Marc

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2020, 04:41:16 AM »
Getting only 2 unique Ludlows in 4 packs is ridiculous.

I FINALLY received a shipping notice for the Week 1 cards at 3AM this morning.