Author Topic: Mixed Lot of ANS and Newer Stuff  (Read 4920 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Mixed Lot of ANS and Newer Stuff
« on: March 08, 2020, 02:24:16 PM »
I have the following mixed lot of ANS and newer stuff that I am ready to part with.  I would prefer to sell this as one big lot but not sure how to price it.  Plus it is about a 7 lb package so shipping would be between $20 and $30.

Set of 6 Mini Cereal Boxes

1 ANS1 Full Box (24 packs).  Box is not cello wrapped.

2 ANS2 Full Boxes (24 packs each).  No magnet packs in these 2 boxes.

4 Full Sets of ANS2 Magnets still sealed in packs.  36 packs total in ANS2 display box.  Each pack is labeled with which magnet title is inside.  Also includes the rubbings I took to determine which title was in each pack.

1 ANS3 Full Box (24 packs).  No magnet packs in this box.

ANS4 Error Pack.  The pack has a magnet in it but I'm not sure if there are any other cards in the pack or not.  There might be one other card in the pack.  It is super thin.

Mixed lot of Chase Cards:
    9 Chrome Cards
    3 ANS2 Clings
    1 Boozeball Abrams Bonus Sticker

38 Chrome Base Set cards

Approximately 150 - 175 mixed ANS and later stickers (various borders, etc.)

And an ANS2 Shipping Case to send it all in!

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Mixed Lot of ANS and Newer Stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 03:01:25 PM »
What is typically found in this box?  Will be listing for sale if anyone interested.

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 03:11:05 PM »
What is typically found in this box?  Will be listing for sale if anyone interested.

Never saw one before, so I can only guess more of the Chrome and later ANS packs.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 03:35:18 PM »

I have one. I call it a trash box.
As Pat guesses, it's miscellaneous leftover retail Wacky packs

Offline bandaches

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 04:08:03 PM »
I have one. I call it a trash box.
As Pat guesses, it's miscellaneous leftover retail Wacky packs
Seems the novelty of keeping it sealed is worth more than breaking it open
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 10:24:56 PM »
Seems the novelty of keeping it sealed is worth more than breaking it open

I agree the novelty of it is worth more than its contents.    I'm curious to know where these were available?    Never saw these.   I would have bought at least 2 or 3 for posterity.   

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 10:27:19 PM »

ANS4 Error Pack.  The pack has a magnet in it but I'm not sure if there are any other cards in the pack or not.  There might be one other card in the pack.  It is super thin.

Is it an error because it is super thin (obviously missing cards), or for another reason?

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 11:27:32 PM »
I bought 2 of these and opened them immediately! Pretty good deal for $9.99 at the time. I think there was a GPK equivalent too.
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 02:34:55 AM »
I bought 2 of these and opened them immediately! Pretty good deal for $9.99 at the time. I think there was a GPK equivalent too.
A

When were these available?

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 02:49:16 AM »

I seem to remember finding these at Target.  It was definitely pre-COVID.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 03:11:11 PM »
I seem to remember finding these at Target.  It was definitely pre-COVID.
yes way before covid, I haven't bought anything of new stuff in many years and this wacky box was bought back then.  I think I have more, I have tubs full of stuff I accumulated.  I have a stack of those comic books with the wacky sticker inserts.  There is a guy who lives not far from me who really likes the new stuff so I have a feeling he is going to be carting all my tubs of stuff home with him.  I am in massive purge mode right now as I have some unexpected expenses that hit and my bonus at work sucked again.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 03:30:05 PM »

Found them at Target around 2016-2017 - A

Offline mikecho

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023, 04:31:32 PM »
yes way before covid, I haven't bought anything of new stuff in many years and this wacky box was bought back then.  I think I have more, I have tubs full of stuff I accumulated.  I have a stack of those comic books with the wacky sticker inserts.  There is a guy who lives not far from me who really likes the new stuff so I have a feeling he is going to be carting all my tubs of stuff home with him.  I am in massive purge mode right now as I have some unexpected expenses that hit and my bonus at work sucked again.
I presume you're talking about the 2004 insert for ANS1 that was in various DC Comics comic books and magazines and had the original version of Fright Castle Greaseburgers before Topps had to slightly change it to appease White Castle, am I right?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »
I presume you're talking about the 2004 insert for ANS1 that was in various DC Comics comic books and magazines and had the original version of Fright Castle Greaseburgers before Topps had to slightly change it to appease White Castle, am I right?
Correct, you detailed it much better than me.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 04:35:22 PM »
Correct, you detailed it much better than me.
i thought that's what it was. Thanks for the compliment, btw.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2023, 04:23:38 PM »
Is it an error because it is super thin (obviously missing cards), or for another reason?
Wow, this thread is a trip down memory lane!!  Regarding the pack in question, I am calling it an error pack because it appears to only have one card in it which is a magnet.

I believe that all this stuff that I listed in my original post is still available!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline drono

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2023, 01:59:13 PM »
Regarding the pack in question, I am calling it an error pack because it appears to only have one card in it which is a magnet.

Could it be one of those packs that were exclusive to Dollar Tree?  Since they were only $1, they weren't full packs.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2023, 11:17:26 AM »
anyone have batman adventures #14, scooby doo #85, justice league #32 that had the sneakers, fright castle go dirt sticker inserts?  I have extras of other titles and look to trade so I can make more runs of the comics with the stickers.   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 11:27:32 AM by bandaches »

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2023, 01:33:26 PM »
anyone have batman adventures #14, scooby doo #85, justice league #32 that had the sneakers, fright castle go dirt sticker inserts?  I have extras of other titles and look to trade so I can make more runs of the comics with the stickers.
The only comic I was able to find with the inserts back then was the title with that group of little kids, I think they had a show on Cartoon Network, can’t remember the name.  I remember being pumped about it because of the Fright Castle that was later edited for ANS 1.  Sort of like the Spit N Spill of the ANS era.  But I think I found out too late to catch the other titles in comic stores.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2023, 01:51:04 PM »
The only comic I was able to find with the inserts back then was the title with that group of little kids, I think they had a show on Cartoon Network, can’t remember the name.  I remember being pumped about it because of the Fright Castle that was later edited for ANS 1.  Sort of like the Spit N Spill of the ANS era.  But I think I found out too late to catch the other titles in comic stores.

I didn't find the forum (Greg's back then) until after ANS1 came out and I was trying to complete my inserts.  It seems like a lifetime ago!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023, 02:07:59 PM »
They did; it was Codename: Kids Next Door.

anything