Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251589 times)

Offline studio805

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1645 on: May 13, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »
Did anyone win their Facebook contest?
Looks like they only responded to 3 people unless I'm missing something.

I think they are handling the contest like they handled the distribution of the 2 pieces. Fraudulently.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1646 on: May 13, 2021, 01:32:36 PM »
Did anyone win their Facebook contest?
Looks like they only responded to 3 people unless I'm missing something.

They are also running the same raffle on Instagram.  You can enter both. No win on my end.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #1647 on: May 13, 2021, 03:00:23 PM »
Thanks, I didn't know about Instagram. 
There has to be a better way to distribute these.

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1648 on: May 25, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
Greetings.
This is my first real post of any merit.
I have been bitten by the wacky package minis bug and I started to buy some Thursday of last week.
I’m about 8 away at the moment. Maybe less today I was able to open these thanks to tips and tricks on this forum.

If there are any tips on Burden and/or Crust I’m very interested.
I know ebayer and minute mud are ghosts.
I found some double packs. No gadzooka showing but I’m hopeful it’s in one of them.

Soon I begin the task of figuring out what stickers I have.

And hopefully scoring a bunch of the larger stickers to use in my display.

Thanks for the good info so far folks.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1649 on: May 26, 2021, 02:53:16 AM »
Best of luck in the mini hunt. The stickers are cool. You have to decide if you want the redline versions as well as the blackline versions. Also, There are ten sticker titles that do not have corresponding minis. Check out the master list.

Andrew

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1650 on: May 26, 2021, 10:17:56 AM »
Best of luck in the mini hunt. The stickers are cool. You have to decide if you want the redline versions as well as the blackline versions. Also, There are ten sticker titles that do not have corresponding minis. Check out the master list.

Andrew

Likely gonna try just to get one of each product. And not worry too much about red lines or rich color.
Master list is really useful.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1651 on: May 26, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
Likely gonna try just to get one of each product. And not worry too much about red lines or rich color.
Master list is really useful.
Have you seen the master list for Series 2? That might be just as useful.

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1652 on: May 26, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
Have you seen the master list for Series 2? That might be just as useful.

I have. It seems other than the black and gold chase series 2 is easier to finish just have to have solid luck at Walmart and Amazon.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1653 on: May 26, 2021, 11:28:45 AM »
I have. It seems other than the black and gold chase series 2 is easier to finish just have to have solid luck at Walmart and Amazon.
That's great! Good luck.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #1654 on: May 26, 2021, 06:55:37 PM »
I am new to the Minis ... Sc(o)t sent me a bunch just because he's a nice guy. Was thrilled to see a few of my concepts were included. Kraken of the Sea, Rice Krispbees, Milk Drone, Skimpy (reboot), Slacker Jack, Silverfish. They did a decent job with these things, but from what I'm gathering they made it impossible to collect? Of course they did. Oooo, and there are stickers, too?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:22:01 PM by Gurgle »

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #1655 on: May 26, 2021, 07:45:07 PM »
Has anyone that won the give-a-way from Super Impulse actually received them yet?

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1656 on: May 27, 2021, 12:32:03 AM »
So I’m pretty excited. I found a few twin packs the other day. And I finally opened what I believe was my last two. And I wasn’t as careful as I normally am. But I found a nice one.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1657 on: May 27, 2021, 02:54:02 AM »
So I’m pretty excited. I found a few twin packs the other day. And I finally opened what I believe was my last two. And I wasn’t as careful as I normally am. But I found a nice one. (Image removed from quote.)

Nice score. I purchased a full case of twin packs when they came out. I pulled a crust from one of the cups.  I think I got three gadzookas from the case.
No one one knew at the time they would not resurface.

Andrew

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1658 on: May 27, 2021, 08:55:37 AM »
Nice score. I purchased a full case of twin packs when they came out. I pulled a crust from one of the cups.  I think I got three gadzookas from the case.
No one one knew at the time they would not resurface.

Andrew

If you knew what was the topper on the crust that would be amazing.

These as best I can tell weren’t randomized . And how many was in a case?
Presume your three gadzookas was 1 topper and 2 mystery?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1659 on: May 27, 2021, 10:50:08 AM »
No info on the crust Topper. 12 2 packs per case.  I believe it was one Gad as topper and two as mystery.

Andrew

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1660 on: May 27, 2021, 12:48:48 PM »
No info on the crust Topper. 12 2 packs per case.  I believe it was one Gad as topper and two as mystery.

Andrew

Solid info. Now to find some intel on the milk jug and I should be at only missing the 2 insane commons. Assuming I can get the crust which is totally possible I think. I have a bunch of 2 pack minis I didn’t open because they weren’t rectangular.

Offline studio805

« Reply #1661 on: May 31, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »
SCAM ARTISTS.. So they did the final "Giveaway" of eBayer and Minute Mud... Was this to cover for them never releasing these two in circulation? Total scam.

I want my money back for the hundreds of dollars I spent on trying to find them. Does anyone have any info on the class action lawsuit? I want to participate.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1662 on: June 01, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »
SCAM ARTISTS.. So they did the final "Giveaway" of eBayer and Minute Mud... Was this to cover for them never releasing these two in circulation? Total scam.

I want my money back for the hundreds of dollars I spent on trying to find them. Does anyone have any info on the class action lawsuit? I want to participate.
there is no class action lawsuit, haven't found a lawyer to take the case yet.  did you file with PA Attorney General yet?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1663 on: June 02, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »
some good news for once, I thought the Attorney General case was dead but a Supervisor from AG will be contacting me soon so it seems this got escalated perhaps others finally filed similar complaints.  AG office moves slowly so no timetable on this yet.  will keep everyone posted.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1664 on: June 02, 2021, 10:18:26 AM »
some good news for once, I thought the Attorney General case was dead but a Supervisor from AG will be contacting me soon so it seems this got escalated perhaps others finally filed similar complaints.  AG office moves slowly so no timetable on this yet.  will keep everyone posted.
How does that old saying go?

"The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly well."

Good luck on this!

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1665 on: June 02, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »
So look at this failure.

Those don’t look like the two packs.
Just two cups bagged together
Let’s take a closer look

Two Walmart cups. Bagged up like they are the 2 packs.

Returning these. All of them.

Offline drono

« Reply #1666 on: June 02, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »
I certainly don't defend Super Impulse's way of marketing these, but I understand the need to combat collectors who build lists of what cups have what desirable minis, then go and buy sight unseen online and return the ones that won't have something they want.  On a side note Bob, yours is a different story; you didn't get what was advertised as two-packs. 

I suppose one way to combat this would be to truly have them randomly inserted into the cups so there were no useful lists.  Then it would be like the good old days of two stickers and one checklist in a pack, and you got what you bought.  You had to keep buying until you got that Bandache, never knowing until years later that it was short printed - but not on purpose. 

I don't know if it's more expensive to randomize the cups rather than the way they are inserted in patterns now, but I imagine it must be or someone would have done a better job of it.  Maybe it's all a conspiracy.  There seems to be a lot of talk about that going around lately.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1667 on: June 02, 2021, 02:07:36 PM »
So look at this failure.
(Image removed from quote.)

Those don’t look like the two packs.
Just two cups bagged together
Let’s take a closer look

Two Walmart cups. Bagged up like they are the 2 packs.

Returning these. All of them.

So lame. What is wrong with these sellers???

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1668 on: June 02, 2021, 04:11:46 PM »
I certainly don't defend Super Impulse's way of marketing these, but I understand the need to combat collectors who build lists of what cups have what desirable minis, then go and buy sight unseen online and return the ones that won't have something they want.  On a side note Bob, yours is a different story; you didn't get what was advertised as two-packs. 

I suppose one way to combat this would be to truly have them randomly inserted into the cups so there were no useful lists.  Then it would be like the good old days of two stickers and one checklist in a pack, and you got what you bought.  You had to keep buying until you got that Bandache, never knowing until years later that it was short printed - but not on purpose. 

I don't know if it's more expensive to randomize the cups rather than the way they are inserted in patterns now, but I imagine it must be or someone would have done a better job of it.  Maybe it's all a conspiracy.  There seems to be a lot of talk about that going around lately.

So a competing product called mini brands do a fairly good job of making money while also keeping fans semi happy. They do fairly randomized blind balls with 5 items in each and a checklist.

It’s hard to cheat at them. Date codes give some idea if you can find certain selections of items. But not as precise as knowing that all 0820 5200w putrid cups have a, b, c, d  and x sticker.

So lame. What is wrong with these sellers???

Greed is a strong motivator for some to have no scruples.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #1669 on: June 02, 2021, 04:17:54 PM »
Yet another Super Insult to Wacky collectors

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1670 on: June 02, 2021, 04:50:23 PM »
Yet another Super Insult to Wacky collectors

I might have missed something what’s the newest insult?

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #1671 on: June 02, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »
I might have missed something what’s the newest insult?

The repacking of Walmart cups to make these "twin packs"

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1672 on: June 02, 2021, 09:28:11 PM »

The repacking of Walmart cups to make these "twin packs"

Oh ok. I thought you were suggesting super impulse did it.
Which they didn’t. They are not innocent. But they ain’t guilty this time.

Offline drono

« Reply #1673 on: June 03, 2021, 06:07:21 AM »
So a competing product called mini brands do a fairly good job of making money while also keeping fans semi happy. They do fairly randomized blind balls with 5 items in each and a checklist.

It’s hard to cheat at them. Date codes give some idea if you can find certain selections of items. But not as precise as knowing that all 0820 5200w putrid cups have a, b, c, d  and x sticker.

Greed is a strong motivator for some to have no scruples.

I'd never heard of them, so I checked them out online.  It looks like they would've done a much better job of making the Wacky Packages minis than Super Insult.  They even have shelves and check out counters - maybe Ernie should look into those for his daughters instead.  If they weren't so expensive, I'd show them to my 3-year old granddaughter.  She'd love them, but she's a little young for small pieces like that.

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1674 on: June 03, 2021, 06:44:18 AM »
As I’m still designing my fancy book/shelf display for these things. I made this box look more the part as a temporary storage apparatus.

Just need to get a hold of actual stickers for the real project.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1675 on: June 03, 2021, 01:08:02 PM »
As I’m still designing my fancy book/shelf display for these things. I made this box look more the part as a temporary storage apparatus. (Image removed from quote.)

Just need to get a hold of actual stickers for the real project.
I think I may have every series 1 -16 title in peeled form on magnets.  I had this vision that I would put magnet strips all around my basement for this but it never cam to fruition.  It took a long time to gather this.  The box they sit in weighs like 50 pounds!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1676 on: June 03, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »
I'd never heard of them, so I checked them out online.  It looks like they would've done a much better job of making the Wacky Packages minis than Super Insult.  They even have shelves and check out counters - maybe Ernie should look into those for his daughters instead.  If they weren't so expensive, I'd show them to my 3-year old granddaughter.  She'd love them, but she's a little young for small pieces like that.
My daughters raided my Super insult collection as I had no interest in completing it once I realized it couldn't be completed.  They love some of the titles.  Like you said, they easily could have acknowledged their error, made good on it immediately and kept collectors in good graces and this really could have taken off but the president clearly has too big an ego to admit he was wrong.  He is a multi millionaire so I am sure he doesn't much care.

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1677 on: June 03, 2021, 01:36:29 PM »
Maybe the two missing ones are out there in the most recently produced twin packs?
So I finally got a hold of some more of the actual twin packs.
Imagine my surprise.
They have new production dates and no red border stickers.

Outer box had 1020 date

Inner cup has 0820 date

I have opened up 3 two packs. And same toppers have same stickers. But of three I opened of same topper was two different assortments inside there. With pack outs I haven’t ever seen.

I don’t think it’s fully random. Just that there is a few variants for each topper.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1678 on: June 03, 2021, 04:17:02 PM »
I was one of the week 1 winners of the SI eBAYER and Minute Mud  mini giveaway. They arrived today. Here are some pics. I also took a video of opening each and will add on as soon as I have a good way to do so. These came packaged in Series 2 envelopes raising doubt to their claim these were released into stores in series 1... as if more doubt was needed.

Here is a link to my post on one of the WP Facebook pages that includes the opening videos,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232952479/permalink/10159306705012480/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 04:47:44 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #1679 on: June 03, 2021, 05:16:31 PM »
I was one of the week 1 winners of the SI eBAYER and Minute Mud  mini giveaway. They arrived today. Here are some pics. I also took a video of opening each and will add on as soon as I have a good way to do so. These came packaged in Series 2 envelopes raising doubt to their claim these were released into stores in series 1... as if more doubt was needed.

Any chance you could take a photo of the minute mud next to say the hungry jerk pucks?  And I don’t think there is anything similar to the ebayer.

Congrats on the win. That’s amazing