Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251616 times)

Offline fishbulb

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1540 on: March 09, 2021, 07:01:10 AM »
Ahh..
Looks pretty good. Will be interesting to see how high that gets

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1541 on: March 09, 2021, 01:32:43 PM »
Latest email to SI.  I will post the reply IF I receive one.

Hi Amanda,

Much time has passed and still no Minute Mud or Ebayer Wacky Mini's are showing up at WalMarts. No Walmart has received any new stock of Wacky Mini's in the last two months.

I understand you shipped product to WalMart; but they have not shipped it to any stores yet.  Do you have a contact at WalMart you can discuss this with? SI is losing the confidence of the Wacky Pack collector base by continuing to state the last two minis are out when they are not. Please look into this and issue a statement on Facebook. I don't want to continue to see upset Wacky fans complain about this situation.  How would you feel if you were in our shoes? NO ONE has found these  last Two Mini's. If you know of fans who have found them; put pictures up on Facebook and tell us what store had them. Thanks for all your efforts.  Have a nice day.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1542 on: March 09, 2021, 04:11:45 PM »
Latest email to SI.  I will post the reply IF I receive one.

fun coincidence - I wrote them this morning as well, simply asking when the missing two would be released.
As with anyone else that's written, I got the standard answer back, that they both had already been released, and to go check Walmart.

they're definitely sticking with their story

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1543 on: March 09, 2021, 04:33:38 PM »
fun coincidence - I wrote them this morning as well, simply asking when the missing two would be released.
As with anyone else that's written, I got the standard answer back, that they both had already been released, and to go check Walmart.

they're definitely sticking with their story

Next they will post a pic of the fan made display case with the fan made Minute Mud in it to "prove" that they were released.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1544 on: March 09, 2021, 07:17:34 PM »
I like that fan-made display for these.  I may have to pick one up.

Has anyone seen any series 2 at Walmart?  I have not.  The one Walmart near me that had tons of series 1 cups still has seemingly the vast majority of them still  Interestingly, they are all in one checkout, so I kinda wonder if anyone even sees them (other than the handful of folks that use that one checkout).

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #1545 on: March 09, 2021, 09:41:42 PM »
These sold poorly at Walmart since they received them months
after Target did. SI thinks we are stupid to believe Minute Mud and
Ebayer are sitting at Walmart and that we would buy all that dead
stock trying to get them.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1546 on: March 10, 2021, 03:13:37 AM »
These sold poorly at Walmart since they received them months
after Target did. SI thinks we are stupid to believe Minute Mud and
Ebayer are sitting at Walmart and that we would buy all that dead
stock trying to get them.
I do not think this is a case of SI knowingly lying to us to attempt to get us to clean out old stock at WalMart.  I think they are disconnected from
what is happening at retail and know they shipped product to WalMart.  I doubt they are popping into any US Walmarts to verify what they are telling us. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1547 on: March 10, 2021, 03:30:45 AM »
I do not think this is a case of SI knowingly lying to us to attempt to get us to clean out old stock at WalMart.  I think they are disconnected from
what is happening at retail and know they shipped product to WalMart.  I doubt they are popping into any US Walmarts to verify what they are telling us.

Well, after multiple customer inquiries, SI could at least have checked with Walmart!  They must have a purchasing contact.

Really, by me at least, the minis in Walmart are placed in the worst possible shelf positions to move product; damn near impossible to see unless you are specifically hunting for them.  They are on the bottom shelf, at the very end of the checkout lanes, where you might not notice them until after you have paid for whatever you were on line to pay for.  Especially when you have a cart in front of you!  Even if you are hunting for them, sometimes you can see them, but can't get to them because there are people in the way.  A store employee saw me looking frustrated yesterday and offered to help.  When I showed her what I was trying to look at, she agreed with me that it would be better to come back at 7am some other day. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 03:32:23 AM by RawGoo »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1548 on: March 10, 2021, 05:02:13 AM »
giving an answer that they are so sure is correct without checking their facts when they know it is a point of concern is deceptive.  Not sure why you are drawing a difference between deceptive and lying.  Holding back some titles for a late run is absolutely a way to continue to move product.  It crosses over from being a smart sales plan to deceptive plan when they don't disclose this holdback for 9 months.  They need to be held accountable for the lack of transparency and deception.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 08:19:54 AM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1549 on: March 13, 2021, 04:25:57 PM »
One of the guys on facebook has persistently gone after Super Insult about this and they offered to flip him some series 2 cups for his frustration with series 1.  Not surprisingly he told them what they could do with their offer.  Money in the bank for them, series 1 is complete, clearly SI thinks they are just moving on and not their problem that now 9 months of reaping the benefits of selling cups without fulfilling the expectation that one can actually "collect them all" not even the "commons".
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1550 on: March 14, 2021, 03:13:31 AM »
Custom Minute Mud sold for $51 on Ebay.  Not bad. I told him to make more and Ebayer while he is at it.

Andrew

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1551 on: March 14, 2021, 07:24:06 AM »
Custom Minute Mud sold for $51 on Ebay.  Not bad. I told him to make more and Ebayer while he is at it.

Andrew
Would be funny if SI minute mud actually comes out if it is hard to tell the difference....opens the door for other fakes of rares.

Offline studio805

« Reply #1552 on: March 15, 2021, 07:11:10 AM »
One of the guys on facebook has persistently gone after Super Insult about this and they offered to flip him some series 2 cups for his frustration with series 1.  Not surprisingly he told them what they could do with their offer.  Money in the bank for them, series 1 is complete, clearly SI thinks they are just moving on and not their problem that now 9 months of reaping the benefits of selling cups without fulfilling the expectation that one can actually "collect them all" not even the "commons".

You mentioned a Class Action Suit. I would be happy to be a part of that. It's disgusting what they did and how much "extra" money I spent trying to find the 2.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1553 on: March 15, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »
You mentioned a Class Action Suit. I would be happy to be a part of that. It's disgusting what they did and how much "extra" money I spent trying to find the 2.
One set of lawyers is still reviewing the case, I have another set lined up in case the first set isn't interested.

Offline drono

« Reply #1554 on: March 15, 2021, 02:16:48 PM »

I didn't spend any money, but I'd be happy to be a part of it too.  It could be like the Denny's class action suit from about 10 years ago where so many claims were put in that after the lawyers took their cut everyone got like $0.37.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #1555 on: March 15, 2021, 03:05:10 PM »
They might settle out of court and give everyone a Minute Mud and Ebayer.   :]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1556 on: March 15, 2021, 03:24:42 PM »
They might settle out of court and give everyone a Minute Mud and Ebayer.   :]

I'd be happy with that.  Otherwise, all this accomplishes is making money for lawyers and tying up the courts, which costs taxpayer money.

I remember many years ago, Hallmark had a special Peanuts Christmas ornament set where each week a new ornament would be available at their Gold Crown stores.  But, some stores sold the ornaments before their specified week.  I ended up missing one of the five because of that, and wrote a polite note to Hallmark; they sent me the missing ornament with a nice letter.  That is how you take care of a customer and ensure they STAY a customer.  And, no lawyers got richer.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1557 on: March 15, 2021, 04:50:55 PM »
No reply from SI. I think they put me on the "do not reply" list.....   

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1558 on: March 16, 2021, 10:59:55 AM »
No reply from SI. I think they put me on the "do not reply" list.....
They have run out of lies to string you along.  I scrolled thru their facebook page and see several people calling them out on ebayer and minute mud.  I have moved to the next step with the lawyers, initial screen is done and there is enough they want to talk to me next.  Will keep everyone posted.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #1559 on: March 16, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »
They have run out of lies to string you along.  I scrolled thru their facebook page and see several people calling them out on ebayer and minute mud.  I have moved to the next step with the lawyers, initial screen is done and there is enough they want to talk to me next.  Will keep everyone posted.

Nice!

Jim

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #1560 on: March 16, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
I didn't spend any money, but I'd be happy to be a part of it too.  It could be like the Denny's class action suit from about 10 years ago where so many claims were put in that after the lawyers took their cut everyone got like $0.37.

I'll be happy to sign on to that suit.   I think it's disgusting what they (SI) have done, and particularly how they have treated collectors who reached out to them, especially Ernie.   That response that Ernie got from the "president" of SI was so wrong on so many levels.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1561 on: March 22, 2021, 07:15:48 AM »
SI’s newest ad on Facebook. So wrong in so many ways.
And still lying that Series 1 can be completed.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 09:42:46 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #1562 on: March 22, 2021, 09:15:46 AM »

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

« Reply #1563 on: March 22, 2021, 10:47:26 AM »

Offline studio805

« Reply #1564 on: March 22, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »
One set of lawyers is still reviewing the case, I have another set lined up in case the first set isn't interested.

Count me in! I will help out in any way I can.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #1565 on: March 22, 2021, 03:39:19 PM »
SI’s newest ad on Facebook. So wrong in so many ways.
And still lying that Series 1 can be completed.

(Image removed from quote.)

Those are from Target series 2, not from the 1st series 15 packs and 20 packs. They don't even know there own product.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1566 on: March 22, 2021, 04:03:18 PM »
Those are from Target series 2, not from the 1st series 15 packs and 20 packs. They don't even know there own product.

OR, they are trying to trick people into buying the Amazon packs in search of the Series 2 clear sparkles that they are still missing........

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1567 on: March 22, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »
I noticed that Toy Whiz is also also selling the series 1  fifteen and twenty packs.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #1568 on: March 22, 2021, 06:45:35 PM »
The whole situation surrounding this product (and company) is just a real mess.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1569 on: March 23, 2021, 02:00:38 PM »
The whole situation surrounding this product (and company) is just a real mess.
My first phone call consultation with the lawyer assigned to the case is tomorrow.  Will let you all know if this will continue to move forward.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1570 on: March 24, 2021, 08:24:19 AM »
Feedback from the lawyer consultation(medium sized legal firm) is the order of magnitude at this time is too small for consumer products class action suit.  We would need to line up aggrieved collectors and tally up the spend to get way into the hundreds of thousands of $ for it to be worth their while otherwise a firm would only take this on time and materials basis.   He said smaller law firm or someone just getting started might be interested in this as a class or to represent 20 or 30 aggrieved collectors.

He did strongly suggest Attorney General be contacted and FTC.  He said the communication from the president of SI was a bully tactic which probably won't play well with AG or FTC for him. 

If nobody else is willing to be involved in filing these complaints, I am going to drop this.  The weather is getting nicer and my idle indoor time will start to get limited.

I am absolutely not going to reward this company with any more of my business.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1571 on: March 24, 2021, 01:07:49 PM »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1572 on: March 26, 2021, 03:29:31 AM »
I just purchased the last four Dark Color stickers from Amazon Multipacks to complete my Series 1 Sticker collection.  Blood Stick and Hissey's were never made, but I have all the Red Border,  Black Border and Darker Black Border Stickers that were released as well as all the Series Two stickers that are out so far. Looking forward to Series 3 in the Summer.  Also wondering if they will add stickers to Series Two when / if they release the next wave of Series Two.

Andrew

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1573 on: March 26, 2021, 08:06:38 AM »
I found an online submission form too for those interested in filing against Super Insult.  Seems there is some traction on the facebook pages of people who will file.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/submit-a-complaint/consumer-complaint/

« Reply #1574 on: March 26, 2021, 08:24:03 AM »
I just purchased the last four Dark Color stickers from Amazon Multipacks to complete my Series 1 Sticker collection.  Blood Stick and Hissey's were never made, but I have all the Red Border,  Black Border and Darker Black Border Stickers that were released as well as all the Series Two stickers that are out so far. Looking forward to Series 3 in the Summer.  Also wondering if they will add stickers to Series Two when / if they release the next wave of Series Two.

Andrew
I gave up on the stickers. Just too much variation. Hopefully however the remaining 10 series 2 minis will be found.

anything