Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251673 times)

Offline Liptorn

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1260 on: January 06, 2021, 05:58:34 AM »
It's hard to get excited for a new series in March with all the BS
this company has given us. If the remaining minis and stickers from series 1 don't show up soon,  I can't support buying series 2 in waves.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #1261 on: January 09, 2021, 09:10:40 AM »
and I noticed this morning that the 15-piece packs and 20-piece packs
for Series 1 are now pre-selling through Amazon, go get 'em while you can!

Let's hope that the missing three mini's (and maybe Haunt Jemima, although I doubt
it as it had received a replacement) plus any missing stickers will show up in there?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1262 on: January 09, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »

Let's hope that the missing three mini's (and maybe Haunt Jemima, although I doubt
it as it had received a replacement) plus any missing stickers will show up in there?

I pre-ordered 1 of each. I will post the contents.  Not optimistic....... but hopeful....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1263 on: January 09, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »
I pre-ordered 1 of each. I will post the contents.  Not optimistic....... but hopeful....

Let me know what doubles you end up with, and you can make back some of your investment  :D

I notice that the 24 pack case with the 6 minis in the front says 66 to collect, and the other 24 pack case where the cups have Die Cut like artwork say 60 to collect.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:10:04 PM by RawGoo »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1264 on: January 09, 2021, 03:20:57 PM »
Let me know what doubles you end up with, and you can make back some of your investment  :D

I notice that the 24 pack case with the 6 minis in the front says 66 to collect, and the other 24 pack case where the cups have Die Cut like artwork say 60 to collect.

The pic of the die cut pack case is a stock photo of what the box was supposed to look like before it was changed to what we have now.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1265 on: January 09, 2021, 03:30:41 PM »
The pic of the die cut pack case is a stock photo of what the box was supposed to look like before it was changed to what we have now.

Andrew

Thanks for the explanation.  I have been lost and confused on this set for a while.  Still not even sure whether I'm better off checking at a Walmart or a Target for the later titles.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1266 on: January 09, 2021, 04:19:03 PM »

I just checked now and don't see any of the 15 or 20 packs on Amazon.  Unless I completely missed them, that certainly was a quick exit!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1267 on: January 09, 2021, 04:19:08 PM »

Andrew
yep. That die cut logo was what SI used at the NY Toy Fair, on all their cups and packaging. And then for all the promo images to vendors, even though they had changed it to the 1973 logo.
They even had nice rectangular stickers too

• Administrator
« Reply #1268 on: January 09, 2021, 04:21:38 PM »
ordered them as well, just for the packaging.
I'm sure they'll be at Five Below and Hot Topic, but don't want to go chasing these

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1269 on: January 09, 2021, 04:27:14 PM »
I just checked now and don't see any of the 15 or 20 packs on Amazon.  Unless I completely missed them, that certainly was a quick exit!

These did not come up when I searched for: Wacky Packages minis but did if I added 15 piece or 20 piece to the search. Very odd.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #1270 on: January 09, 2021, 04:38:10 PM »
yep. That die cut logo was what SI used at the NY Toy Fair, on all their cups and packaging. And then for all the promo images to vendors, even though they had changed it to the 1973 logo.
They even had nice rectangular stickers too

I liked the all black backgrounds for those rectangular stickers. Was disappointed when they changed that design.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1271 on: January 09, 2021, 04:47:22 PM »
These did not come up when I searched for: Wacky Packages minis but did if I added 15 piece or 20 piece to the search. Very odd.

So that's why I couldn't find them this morning!  I'm willing to try these - thanks for the tip!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1272 on: January 09, 2021, 05:40:38 PM »

Same here. Wacky Packages 15 or 20 does the trick.   NOT easy to stumble across on Amazon.   That will slow down sales a bit.

Offline WACKY MIKE

« Reply #1273 on: January 09, 2021, 06:20:09 PM »
I couldn't find them either until I read on here to put in 15 or 20.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #1274 on: January 09, 2021, 07:07:26 PM »

Same here. Wacky Packages 15 or 20 does the trick.   NOT easy to stumble across on Amazon.   That will slow down sales a bit.

I’ve seen this happen with other presale items on Amazon before but not sure why. As you noted, it has to limit the people who find these items somewhat.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1275 on: January 09, 2021, 11:49:51 PM »
Is it reasonable to hope that since these are new items and shipping directly from Amazon that they won't be from searched cases?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1276 on: January 10, 2021, 02:35:24 AM »
Is it reasonable to hope that since these are new items and shipping directly from Amazon that they won't be from searched cases?

I think these will all be the same and can't be "searched".  Also,  I just received a shipping update on the 20 pack:

New estimated delivery date:
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Previous estimated delivery date:
Monday, January 25, 2021 - Tuesday, January 26, 2021

So hopefully i will have the 20 pack by Thurs. No update on 15 pack.   

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1277 on: January 10, 2021, 02:59:31 AM »
I think these will all be the same and can't be "searched".  Also,  I just received a shipping update on the 20 pack:

New estimated delivery date:
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Previous estimated delivery date:
Monday, January 25, 2021 - Tuesday, January 26, 2021

So hopefully i will have the 20 pack by Thurs. No update on 15 pack.   

Andrew

All the same?  Then I shall edit my cart to one of each.  Thanks for the heads up!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:09:32 AM by RawGoo »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1278 on: January 10, 2021, 06:03:19 AM »
Thanks, All, for the info!  I just ordered a 20 pack.  I'll be very curious to see what I get and hear what others get.  It would be great if these arrived by Thursday.

• Administrator
« Reply #1279 on: January 10, 2021, 06:22:34 AM »
All the same?  Then I shall edit my cart to one of each.  Thanks for the heads up!
I fully expect the visible minis to be random assortments, and not a fixed set with every package showing identical pieces.
As far as searching, if a rare is even available in these packages, I would expect they’d be in the hidden row.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1280 on: January 10, 2021, 06:31:29 AM »
Thanks, All, for the info!  I just ordered a 20 pack.  I'll be very curious to see what I get and hear what others get.  It would be great if these arrived by Thursday.
  Just as most of us did with series 1 I hope we can report logging every package in our attempt to help each other complete a set without going broke.  I also ordered two 20 packs and will post results. As far as results I am on the fence of buying anymore if I do not get at least one new sticker and mini.  After taxes and postage these two packs will be another $50.00 spent. This is nuts.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1281 on: January 10, 2021, 06:52:20 AM »
I fully expect the visible minis to be random assortments, and not a fixed set with every package showing identical pieces.
As far as searching, if a rare is even available in these packages, I would expect they’d be in the hidden row.

I agree, anything rare would be in the hidden row.  But, it has sounded like with cups people knew which ones to grab to have a better chance of pulling a rare, and leaving the less likely cups for everyone else.  Or, like what happened with cases of boxes of Flashbacks, buying a single sealed box from a dealer could have meant that he opened boxes from a case until he pulled gold or a printing plate, and then sold off the rest of the boxes.

Anyway, if Amazon is receiving sealed cases and just packing orders, hopefully that won't happen. 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1282 on: January 10, 2021, 08:01:46 AM »
I am NOT a fan of seeing what is in the top - prevents the internal theft, at least I hope so.....

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1283 on: January 10, 2021, 10:57:55 AM »

I expect these will all be the same as they are packed by machine. Most SI products are all packed the same way. Wave 3 at WalMart was the exception.
I may be incorrect; but will not order more than one of each; until we report on the contents.

Andrew

Andrew

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #1284 on: January 10, 2021, 11:32:23 AM »
This sales portal page on the Super Impulse site shows images of many (maybe all) series 2 titles. SPOILERS apply I guess?: https://superimpulse.com/sales-portal/wacky-packages-minis-product-images/

Thanks for this picture!   Two of my all-time favs are here:   Awful Bit and Hungry Jerk.   Guess I'll buy them on ebay.   No way am I chasing the list again.    Maybe if they are toppers I'll buy the tub.   2 tubs.   That all SI will get from me!!!!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1285 on: January 11, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »
Anyone notice the later waves of the same titles are lighter printing on some titles?  Color is far less vivid.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

« Reply #1286 on: January 11, 2021, 03:17:03 PM »
Anyone notice the later waves of the same titles are lighter printing on some titles?  Color is far less vivid.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I noticed it too.

• Administrator
« Reply #1287 on: January 13, 2021, 06:08:23 AM »
My 20 packs will be arriving tomorrow. Andrew and I will be able to compare contents and let everyone know.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1288 on: January 13, 2021, 06:29:03 AM »
Yes, you are absolutely right. I noticed it too.
uh oh, more variations to chase  >:D
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #1289 on: January 13, 2021, 10:10:07 AM »
I received 4 of the 15 piece boxes from Amazon today. More SI shenanigans. See pic below. The stickers are much more vibrant than even the red outline versions. The new sticker is shown on top. Also, each box seems to have a clear or “crystal” mini in the bottom right hidden compartment. I put in some regular minis to compare to, but it is still a bit difficult to see the differences in the pic.  I did not get any new minis or stickers.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:13:25 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1290 on: January 13, 2021, 10:17:03 AM »
I received 4 of the 15 piece boxes from Amazon today. More SI shenanigans. See pic below. The stickers are much more vibrant than even the red outline versions. The new sticker is shown on top. Also, each box seems to have a clear or “crystal” mini in the bottom right hidden compartment. I put in some regular minis to compare to, but it is still a bit difficult to see the differences in the pic.  I did not get any new minis or stickers.

That's certainly annoying about the shininess of the new stickers.  Perhaps having them in pages will dull the shininess a bit, but still annoying.  I can't quite make out the "sparkliness" of the new minis from the pic, but that's also annoying.  It was only the mini that was in the hidden compartment that was shinier?  Did the four 15 packs all have different contents?  Did you happen to get a Gadzooka among the 60 new pieces?

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1291 on: January 13, 2021, 10:24:18 AM »

Hey Scot, I also have the same questions and also are the Log Cave In and Fish bone flattened on the front?  They look strange besides the obvious clear/haziness about them. I will be interested in the four 15 packs contents when I receive them, looks like the stickers are crumpled a bit.   Geez.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #1292 on: January 13, 2021, 11:18:59 AM »
That's certainly annoying about the shininess of the new stickers.  Perhaps having them in pages will dull the shininess a bit, but still annoying.  I can't quite make out the "sparkliness" of the new minis from the pic, but that's also annoying.  It was only the mini that was in the hidden compartment that was shinier?  Did the four 15 packs all have different contents?  Did you happen to get a Gadzooka among the 60 new pieces?

The stickers are not really shinier, although maybe hard to see from my quick photo. The colors are more vibrant though. I like them better than the wave 3 and 4 stickers. The minis are actually just clear with some very slight red speckling. You can see inside on how the halves are attached together.  Each box of 15 has 5 hidden minis. The bottom right hidden mini was one of these clears in each of the 4 boxes I received.  There were some duplicates in both the hidden and shown minis but not much. I did not get a Gadzooka or Rotz. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:28:20 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #1293 on: January 13, 2021, 11:27:15 AM »
   Hey Scot, I also have the same questions and also are the Log Cave In and Fish bone flattened on the front?  They look strange besides the obvious clear/haziness about them. I will be interested in the four 15 packs contents when I receive them, looks like the stickers are crumpled a bit.   Geez.

The clear minis are the same as their regular counterparts in terms of shape, etc. Maybe they appear flatter in the pic since they are clear and you can see into them. The stickers are crumpled a bit, some more than others. Instead of the clear "shield" they were in, inside the cups, they push them into the rectangular hidden compartments that are not as big to accommodate them as nicely.

• Administrator
« Reply #1294 on: January 13, 2021, 11:38:31 AM »
These appear identical to the Alpoo that fishbulb listed in the Series 2 page. Clear with red flecks.

anything