Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251949 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2020, 08:33:02 AM »
I am referring to the stickers here. We have 24 in the first boxes, 24 in the two packs so that leaves 26 for the WalMart boxes if there are indeed 74 stickers as i was told. I have asked Super Impluse to confirm 74 Stickers or revise that to 72. I will post their reply.

Andrew
i am fascinated you get Super Impulse to respond, I tried to reach them via facebook and they haven't even opened my message yet.  thanks for all the digging and reporting that you do!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #386 on: August 03, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »
Got my three cases. Got all three chases that are out now.  Sic Pens showing-Burdens, Cop Tarts showing-Crust, Cy Borgardee showing-Jailo

Sticker in each chase cup was Gurgle.

« Reply #387 on: August 03, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
Got my three cases. Got all three chases that are out now.  Sic Pens showing-Burdens, Cop Tarts showing-Crust, Cy Borgardee showing-Jailo

Sticker in each chase cup was Gurgle.

My Sic case had nada— even in the cup with a Gurgle as the sticker. It had Gurgle instead of Burden as the mini.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #388 on: August 03, 2020, 12:18:25 PM »
My Sic case had nada— even in the cup with a Gurgle as the sticker. It had Gurgle instead of Burden as the mini.
same with me, my SIC cup with Gurgle had Gurgle mini.  My box was missing a SIC cup so either that SIC cup had my rare or this box had none.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #389 on: August 03, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
Here is what the top levels of my three cases looked like:

From the left to riight on top level:
Box 1  Rivals (3)  Cop tarts (3)   Rivals (3)  Borgadee (3)
Box 2: Log (3),  Milk Drone (3),  Shingles (3),  Cop Tarts (3)
Box 3: Borgadee (3),  Elapse (3), Ghoul Scouts (3), Sic (3)

Andrew

Offline quas

« Reply #390 on: August 03, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »
The rare ones are Crust,  Jail-O, Exceedrin, Big League Spew, Jerken’s and Burden. Their names are on the checklist.

Thank you.  I just got my Toywiz order today and now see them listed as "rare" on the checklist.  I lucked out and found a Burden in the first cup I opened.
Marc

« Reply #391 on: August 03, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »
Thank you.  I just got my Toywiz order today and now see them listed as "rare" on the checklist.  I lucked out and found a Burden in the first cup I opened.

Wow! Mine from a ToyWiz had nada. Congratulations!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2020, 03:53:26 PM »
It's actually not luck, it looks like the moron that distributed these put the Chasers in the very first cup most likely purchased in a display box.  There had to be some way they could have made this more random.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:08:18 PM by bandaches »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2020, 05:52:08 PM »
I got my big order from ToyWiz today, but I just don't have the energy to open anything tonight.

I'm glad to hear that some people were getting the three chases in these, I'm hoping for the best!

Offline Rictor

• Card For Sale
« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2020, 06:23:46 PM »
i have found these at 2 Target stores in Indiana.  One in Westfield and one in Avon.  I bought a couple $5.99 packs at each store.  5% off with red card.  I wonder what Wal-Mart will charge?

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2020, 10:04:40 PM »
IMHO, the company Super Impulse did not impress me at all with this set.

I found a complete box of them at my Target.  I had read the Forum posts about them and knew I wouldn't get a complete set, but after some deliberation, got them anyway to have a sampling of them.  And a sampling is what I got, indeed.  Out of 120 pieces, I only got 28 different ones, and did NOT get a rare piece.  At least I got 24 different stickers.

Super Impulse's problem with this set is that they made  it impossible to collect an entire set unless you spend around $500--or more, if you want the rare pieces--around various outlets.  Knowing it's impossible, I won't be purchasing anymore.  I got my sample, and I'll be content with that.   I'm sure many feel the same way, from what it sounds like.

The collation is HORRIBLE.  28 different pieces out of 66 possible pieces from 120 purchased pieces is not conducive to my buying more, including any from future sets.  They tried to put waaay too many different pieces into this set. To make it more collectable, they should have gone for half as many different pieces and stickers so that collectors aren't so discouraged from trying to collect the entire set.

The set is marketed in the collector card/toy section of these stores, so I assume they hope kids will buy them.  However, with an even more limited income than adult collectors, they certainly cannot afford to "Collect all 66."  Yeah, let's tease the kids with an impossible task.

Also, they wasted an awful lot of packaging by individually wrapping each piece on the inside of each tub.  The sticker blocks anyone from viewing the bottom 4 pieces anyway, so they're really just adding to the cost with all that extra wrapping.  At $5.99 for each tub, that's $1 for each piece and the sticker.  That's pretty expensive for what you get.

Anyway, I won't be purchasing anymore of these, and I doubt a whole lot of others will not be purchasing as many as Super Impulse would like.  By trying to be clever by relegating certain pieces to certain outlets and making the rare pieces too rare has really flubbed this release.  Sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but I'll stick to my Topps cards.

Offline quas

« Reply #396 on: August 04, 2020, 02:41:29 AM »
Agree.  Horrible collation.
Marc

« Reply #397 on: August 04, 2020, 03:12:43 AM »
IMHO, the company Super Impulse did not impress me at all with this set.

I found a complete box of them at my Target.  I had read the Forum posts about them and knew I wouldn't get a complete set, but after some deliberation, got them anyway to have a sampling of them.  And a sampling is what I got, indeed.  Out of 120 pieces, I only got 28 different ones, and did NOT get a rare piece.  At least I got 24 different stickers.

Super Impulse's problem with this set is that they made  it impossible to collect an entire set unless you spend around $500--or more, if you want the rare pieces--around various outlets.  Knowing it's impossible, I won't be purchasing anymore.  I got my sample, and I'll be content with that.   I'm sure many feel the same way, from what it sounds like.

The collation is HORRIBLE.  28 different pieces out of 66 possible pieces from 120 purchased pieces is not conducive to my buying more, including any from future sets.  They tried to put waaay too many different pieces into this set. To make it more collectable, they should have gone for half as many different pieces and stickers so that collectors aren't so discouraged from trying to collect the entire set.

The set is marketed in the collector card/toy section of these stores, so I assume they hope kids will buy them.  However, with an even more limited income than adult collectors, they certainly cannot afford to "Collect all 66."  Yeah, let's tease the kids with an impossible task.

Also, they wasted an awful lot of packaging by individually wrapping each piece on the inside of each tub.  The sticker blocks anyone from viewing the bottom 4 pieces anyway, so they're really just adding to the cost with all that extra wrapping.  At $5.99 for each tub, that's $1 for each piece and the sticker.  That's pretty expensive for what you get.

Anyway, I won't be purchasing anymore of these, and I doubt a whole lot of others will not be purchasing as many as Super Impulse would like.  By trying to be clever by relegating certain pieces to certain outlets and making the rare pieces too rare has really flubbed this release.  Sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but I'll stick to my Topps cards.

I could not have said it any better. Thank you.
I bought 3 cases and 12 two-cups and only have 41 minis and 48 stickers. I am beyond discouraged. I can’t believe that Walmart, who abandoned Wacky Packages years ago, is going to get the remaining minis and stickers. Seems unfair to me.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #398 on: August 04, 2020, 03:46:04 AM »
Has anyone seen Target cups with any of these minis on top?: Ratz, Fishbone, 6up, Nertz, Fruitphobia, Scram, Hit Kat, RiceKrispbees, Fiasco Sauce, or Speed Sick

Offline bandaches

« Reply #399 on: August 04, 2020, 05:39:31 AM »
I am confused by the recent feedback here.  It was well established and published here that target boxes contain only 33 of the 66, 30 commons and 3 rares.  I am surprised by claims that you are not getting the 30 commons in one box as I could easily make 3 sets if I decided to kill all the cups I had as I tracked the contents of each and knew precisely which cups to kill to make each set.  Instead of killing my remaining 7 cups(of 22 I had purchased), I bought a pile of singles from someone for $1 each so I made 3 sets of 30 from 15 cups plus a purchase of about $20 in singles.  i am going to return the 7 cups to target and get my $45 back.  Perhaps some of the other boxes that contain different cup titles had poorer collation?

I agree that Super Impulse should have made it known that target boxes only contain half the set and it is idiotic that the chaser is in a predictable cup and on the top row so likely to be one of the first purchased cups.  If we find that full boxes don't always contain a chaser like Demented tomatoes seems to be reporting here, that would be another knock on Super Impulse handling although I am suspicious and wonder if the only boxes that are missing chasers are coming from distributors who know which cup to grab and are replacing them.  I bet we suddenly see whole sets of chasers offered by mysterious sources who never offered any other large amount of mini inventory....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #400 on: August 04, 2020, 05:43:36 AM »
Has anyone seen Target cups with any of these minis on top?: Ratz, Fishbone, 6up, Nertz, Fruitphobia, Scram, Hit Kat, RiceKrispbees, Fiasco Sauce, or Speed Sick
have you found the other 20 commons on top of cups? 

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #401 on: August 04, 2020, 05:53:16 AM »
Yes

« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2020, 06:14:19 AM »

If we find that full boxes don't always contain a chaser like Demented tomatoes seems to be reporting here, that would be another knock on Super Impulse handling although I am suspicious and wonder if the only boxes that are missing chasers are coming from distributors who know which cup to grab and are replacing them.  I bet we suddenly see whole sets of chasers offered by mysterious sources who never offered any other large amount of mini inventory....
[/quote]

What you state is what I suspected. Possibly the case I bought from the distributor had the chaser cup removed and replaced. While the 2-cup packs are wrapped In plastic the case arrived unwrapped.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #403 on: August 04, 2020, 06:45:42 AM »
If we find that full boxes don't always contain a chaser like Demented tomatoes seems to be reporting here, that would be another knock on Super Impulse handling although I am suspicious and wonder if the only boxes that are missing chasers are coming from distributors who know which cup to grab and are replacing them.  I bet we suddenly see whole sets of chasers offered by mysterious sources who never offered any other large amount of mini inventory....

What you state is what I suspected. Possibly the case I bought from the distributor had the chaser cup removed and replaced. While the 2-cup packs are wrapped In plastic the case arrived unwrapped.
this is a BIG TIME CALL OUT!  Hold the distributor accountable if Super Impulse confirms each box should have a chaser and mark my word, watch for the sellers of chasers especially in quantity.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2020, 07:07:31 AM »
Lots of good points made here. Super Impulse has not confirmed or denied a chaser in every case. They did state only 60 pieces were used for the Two Packs which I take to means no chasers in the Two packs and Demented has confirmed that. I am getting a case of Two Packs tomorrow from Little Obsessed and I will report on if there is a chaser; but I think not. Their distribution setup is designed to service Target, On-Line Dealers and WalMart by phasing the minis and splitting the stickers into three groups of 24. I was told there were actually 74 stickers and there would be a "Surprise" related to the stickers that they are not calling out as the chase; so that is probably why there are 74 stickers and not 72. Having 24 different stickers in each type of case was a good move. I would be pretty annoyed if I purchased a case and got dupes of stickers. They are using the large sticker set to drive repeat sales of the minis which is a typical marketing move which i am OK with. I like the stickers alot. I will invest to end up with a full set. They look really cool stuck on things by way. :)  The main problem as I see it is our expectation that there would be 66 Mini's in the first wave. I wish they had told me how it would work so  I could have informed the group and avoided the issues we have all faced.I am liking the set and will go for all the stickers and Mini's.  I can confirm I know Little Obsessed will not strip chasers out of cases. I did not order from Toy Wiz as I have been buying from Little Obsessed for a few years now. They shipped me World's Smallest Hot Wheels Release 5 with my Wacky's    ;)  They are my source for these tiny products.  I will pass on the comments from the group to them and hopefully when Series two is released we will have a better idea of what the plan is for distribution. I know many will not participate due to a bad taste from release one ; but I think this product is appealing to a much bigger group than the Hardcore Wacky Group. There are lots of people who are actively collecting all the Mini-Real Products coming out at present. Check the other items offered by some of the ebay sellers of these Mini's and you will see they are selling the other brands too. Lastly, I think we all were delighted with the way the retail box looks. No matter what, they killed it on that front. They are also promoting our hobby in a big way this year which is great to see. How many people will start collecting Wacky's based on their exposure to them via the Mini's?  They are doing more for Wacky's with the General Public than Topps is.

Regards,  Andrew
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 07:19:52 AM by DrDeal »

« Reply #405 on: August 04, 2020, 07:38:29 AM »
this is a BIG TIME CALL OUT!  Hold the distributor accountable if Super Impulse confirms each box should have a chaser and mark my word, watch for the sellers of chasers especially in quantity.

I was just speculating, no proof. Just feeling bad I missed out on a chaser in the distributor case when I had all the Target stickers and minis already. The truth of the matter is that both the minis and stickers are awesome.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #406 on: August 04, 2020, 09:28:07 AM »
I was just speculating, no proof. Just feeling bad I missed out on a chaser in the distributor case when I had all the Target stickers and minis already. The truth of the matter is that both the minis and stickers are awesome.
Let's assume each display box is supposed to have a chaser which I believe based on their stupid idea to make it so predictable to find it, if display boxes randomly had chasers, then the location wouldn't be so predictable.  Definitely too early to call foul for sure with a distributor butlLet's keep comparing notes on this to see if there is a pattern.

« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2020, 09:50:32 AM »
Let's assume each display box is supposed to have a chaser which I believe based on their stupid idea to make it so predictable to find it, if display boxes randomly had chasers, then the location wouldn't be so predictable.  Definitely too early to call foul for sure with a distributor butlLet's keep comparing notes on this to see if there is a pattern.

It will be interesting to see whether the “Walmart” cases have a pattern.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
There was no "rare" mini in the case I purchased from Target.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2020, 10:35:48 AM »
There was no "rare" mini in the case I purchased from Target.
Your case had all 24 packs?  Bummer, my box of 22 had no chaser but I assumed it was in one of the missing cups.  Now people will stop buying cases if they can't even be sure to get a chaser.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »
Yes all 24 packs.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: August 04, 2020, 02:28:10 PM »
They did state only 60 pieces were used for the Two Packs which I take to means no chasers in the Two packs and Demented has confirmed that. I am getting a case of Two Packs tomorrow from Little Obsessed and I will report on if there is a chaser; but I think not.
all the images they've provided for the two-packs show a nice, big 66.
so they're certainly passing bad information around one way or the other.
let us know if the boxes, and checklists, show 66 or 60

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #412 on: August 04, 2020, 09:19:44 PM »
The display box that I got at Target, which I was able to buy, says, "66 to collect."  (Yeah, maybe...IF you buy some more from Walmart AND some more online.) 

My display box was also full (24 tubs), and I got NO rare piece.

Offline drono

« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2020, 08:30:18 AM »
I can confirm I know Little Obsessed will not strip chasers out of cases.

The case I got from Little Obsessed was still sealed in an outer box.  So I think they just took it out of a larger case and shipped it to me.  Since I can't get a complete set out of the box, I'm not going to open any of the tubs to see if there's a chaser.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:22:17 AM by drono »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2020, 03:12:43 PM »
I just finished opening my Two Pack case from Little Obsessed. The case was still in the inner box and sealed. I pulled a Crust Rare out of this case.   8)
I had reported that I was told by Super Impulse that they were using 60 pieces for the Two-Packs. That was incorrect. Sorry for the bad info; but that is what I was told a few weeks ago. I am glad it was wrong; because as has been stated here- it clearly states "66 to collect" on the packaging and the same checklists are included in the two packs.Everything else lines up with what was reported here last regarding the case contents.  6 of the 24 Stickers are titles not in the Mini's Collection.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #415 on: August 06, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
I received my first 3d minis yesterday, and I have to say, they are cool.  I'm glad I gave in and bought some.  The only disappointing ones are the ones with the blank backs, like the chips, and Fish Bone.

I still do hate that there are chase titles.

« Reply #416 on: August 06, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »

I still do hate that there are chase titles.

Me too.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #417 on: August 06, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »
Little Obsessed told me I can post their Discount code for 10% off a case of Wacky Mini's plus free shipping.   WACKYCASE10
They are out of the Two Packs cases already.  They have 9 two packs left to sell.  They have 6 cases of Singles. If you want a case of singles; enter 24 in the quantity and there is a spot for their discount code at checkout.  Offer not valid for CA or Alaska Addresses and is for US only.

Andrew
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:58:17 PM by DrDeal »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #418 on: August 06, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »
Me too.

The chasers were why I almost didn't buy any.......

For the next 30, and for stickers, maybe I can trade people here for Weekly Wacky stuff.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #419 on: August 06, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »
The chasers were why I almost didn't buy any.......

For the next 30, and for stickers, maybe I can trade people here for Weekly Wacky stuff.
I am ok with chasers as series 1 wackys had chasers but making the chasers too difficult gets to be stupid and if you can buy a whole box and not get one chaser, that is not cool.