Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251571 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2020, 08:10:59 AM »
I was really hoping that a certain few of the minis that were shown at toy fair had gotten replaced with other titles with better artwork, but I see that they’re still in that latest image
That’s too bad. I gotta wonder what the thinking is with using any of them.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2020, 08:14:21 AM »
I strongly pushed for them to drop the ugly Jungwha titles and gave them same shape alternates. Maybe it was just too late in the production.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
I made a good pre-order this morning, but I'm still a little confused (nothing new....)

It looked like there were two different packagings.  The "barrel" and a polybag of sorts.

Does each one have its own exclusive stickers or titles?  Is it like with our earlier ANS series,
that if you got the Target box, there was one sticker, Walmart had a different one,
the gravity feeds had something else, etc.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
There are singles in cases of 24 and double packs in cases of 12 meant to be hung on pegs. The singles use the Diecut Wacky Logo and the two packs use the classic wacky logo.

I learned today that each wacky will have a corresponding sticker so there should be 66 stickers. I could not get info on the chase insert ratio per case.
The singles display box will have a clear cutout showcasing 5 actual Wackys. The tubs will have a clear window on top showing one wacky that comes in that tub.
Here is a PDF sell sheet I was emailed.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:25:03 PM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2020, 12:36:49 PM »
I learned today that each wacky will have a corresponding sticker so there should be 66 stickers.
That Sell Sheet does not support that statement.
The Tied sticker shown in it is not one of the 66 minis

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2020, 12:51:30 PM »
That Sell Sheet does not support that statement.
The Tied sticker shown in it is not one of the 66 minis

Understood. I was told what I posted today by Super Impulse. Time will tell.  I may buy a 24 ct display for the display. Looking good!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:31:31 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2020, 02:46:24 PM »
More details and product information from ToyWiz website.

https://toywiz.com/worlds-smallest-minis-series-1-wacky-packages-mystery-pack/

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2020, 07:56:43 PM »

The singles display box will have a clear cutout showcasing 5 actual Wackys. The tubs will have a clear window on top showing one wacky that comes in that tub.
Here is a PDF sell sheet I was emailed.

So the singles tub will allow one to see the five actual Wackys in that tub?  I guess it doesn't matter if one can only order these online.  But if they were at retail, it would be super easy to look for the 6 bonus ones (or at least titles that one still needed).

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2020, 08:02:32 PM »
I strongly pushed for them to drop the ugly Jungwha titles and gave them same shape alternates. Maybe it was just too late in the production.

Thanks, Dave, for trying to talk some sense into them.  Too bad it didn't work.  Perhaps there will be a second series.  ANS has some great titles and it hurts to see some really poor examples being used when much better ones are available.  I am very pleased, however, to see Just for Wolfmen in the lineup.  One of my faves from ANS!

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »
So the singles tub will allow one to see the five actual Wackys in that tub?  I guess it doesn't matter if one can only order these online.  But if they were at retail, it would be super easy to look for the 6 bonus ones (or at least titles that one still needed).
To me it looks like the window is showing just one piece that is held behind it, leaving the other four unknown

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2020, 06:16:21 AM »

It looked like there were two different packagings.  The "barrel" and a polybag of sorts.
To me the other package looks like a clear box made from firm plastic, and contains two of the same barrel packs as are  sold singly in the case
I don’t see indications of exclusive titles for either of them

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2020, 08:06:22 AM »
In looking more closely at the two display boxes for the 24 packs, I realized they are quite different in the ad sheet compared to what's shown on the Toy Wiz website.  I like the one on the ad sheet better as it displays five of the figures on the front bottom of the box itself.  I wonder what the form the actual box will take.

I'm also encouraged by the notation of "series 1".  I would imagine sales will determine whether a series 2 happens, but that would be great to see.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2020, 12:26:38 PM »
I saw these Hangrees toys at Meijer the other day and the product parody inserts remind me of Wacky Packages minis. Of course these are inferior and use poop humor, which most of us all hate here. Just worth a mention and some images if you're interested.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2020, 05:17:54 PM »
I saw these Hangrees toys at Meijer the other day and the product parody inserts remind me of Wacky Packages minis. Of course these are inferior and use poop humor, which most of us all hate here. Just worth a mention and some images if you're interested.

I saw some of those in Walmart around Christmas. So Wacky Like; but so poop/fart infested I could not bring myself to go there.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2020, 07:43:04 PM »
I saw some of those in Walmart around Christmas. So Wacky Like; but so poop/fart infested I could not bring myself to go there.

I collect many parody items but also did a pass on these for the same reason. Maybe if it were only one per package that was this way, but, no.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2020, 10:39:05 AM »
I'm surprised that C&Ds weren't issued for some of these.  Really!  Most of the products are being compared to shit!  Literally!

Offline quas

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »
From my perspective, these are just a bunch of crap.
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »
From my perspective, these are just a bunch of crap.

No Shit......

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »
Cool! People just love tiny versions of things.

new post from Super Impulse today

Introducing Wacky Packages, the outrageous and hilarious mini collectibles based on the classic line of stickers by Topps! Collect and trade all 66 styles of old skool and new skool everyday products that fill our supermarkets and grocery stores! Coming soon from Super Impulse!

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2020, 07:38:41 AM »
I will not tell anyone - you KNOW YOU LIKE THE POO JOKES!!!!! (I do! hahahahahahaahahahhahaahahaaha)

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2020, 01:25:37 PM »
Amazon is showing Item releasing July 20th for Preorders

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »
Amazon is showing Item releasing July 20th for Preorders

Nice pics of the contents of the two pack. They do not show any of the 6 chase Wacky's. I could not find the single packs on Amazon.

Offline quas

Marc

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2020, 08:06:17 PM »
I see it says Series 1.  Wondering how many series are planned...

I'd imagine it depends on the sales, but I sure hope there are more.  And more of an emphasis on the classic wackys and high quality ANS ones.

If anyone comes across a good place to order these (besides Amazon), please post.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2020, 03:14:25 AM »
I'd imagine it depends on the sales, but I sure hope there are more.  And more of an emphasis on the classic wackys and high quality ANS ones.

If anyone comes across a good place to order these (besides Amazon), please post.

littleobessed.com  will have them on 8/3. They are looking into doing pre-orders with case price discounts. I should learn about that soon and will post about it when I do.  The only remaining vague part of this release is the stickers. You only get one per pack and they do not show a list of titles. The pictures show a few titles that are not part of the 66 figure release made as stickers. Time will tell if that changes. I asked Super Impulse about the stickers and was told there would be stickers made for all 66 wackies in the set. So the stickers will be much rarer than the figures. Also, the chase figures like Crust and Jail-o will be produced in small numbers. Will their corresponding stickers also be super rare?  Time will tell.  The singles come 24 per box and the boxes are sold in master cases of 6 boxes. There are six chase wacky figures. Will they come one per 24 ct box and will the master case contain all six different chase figures? Boxes are around $125. The master case will be around $750. Is that how much it will cost to purchase all six chase wackies? I am buying one 24 ct box from littleobsessed to start. I may go after all six chase wackies; but am sure to be looking to acquire Jail-O , Exceedrin, and Crust.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2020, 04:32:31 AM »
littleobessed.com  will have them on 8/3. They are looking into doing pre-orders with case price discounts. I should learn about that soon and will post about it when I do.  The only remaining vague part of this release is the stickers. You only get one per pack and they do not show a list of titles. The pictures show a few titles that are not part of the 66 figure release made as stickers. Time will tell if that changes. I asked Super Impulse about the stickers and was told there would be stickers made for all 66 wackies in the set. So the stickers will be much rarer than the figures. Also, the chase figures like Crust and Jail-o will be produced in small numbers. Will their corresponding stickers also be super rare?  Time will tell.  The singles come 24 per box and the boxes are sold in master cases of 6 boxes. There are six chase wacky figures. Will they come one per 24 ct box and will the master case contain all six different chase figures? Boxes are around $125. The master case will be around $750. Is that how much it will cost to purchase all six chase wackies? I am buying one 24 ct box from littleobsessed to start. I may go after all six chase wackies; but am sure to be looking to acquire Jail-O , Exceedrin, and Crust.

Thanks for the info!  I'll check them out, but knowing Amazon will have them for sale next week may steer me in that direction.  I wish they were a little cheaper or at least had a discount for buying a case. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2020, 05:53:35 AM »
Thanks for the info!  I'll check them out, but knowing Amazon will have them for sale next week may steer me in that direction.  I wish they were a little cheaper or at least had a discount for buying a case.

Last I saw Amazon only has the twin packs. The box which houses the singles is pretty cool. I purchased one twin pack off amazon just to have it since it uses the newer wacky logo.

Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2020, 06:59:08 AM »
Last we saw the stickers are different than the minis. As well, there were only 10 stickers.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »
Last we saw the stickers are different than the minis. As well, there were only 10 stickers.

Where did you read there were only 10 stickers?

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2020, 05:16:22 AM »
Just looking at the photos of what was displayed at Toy Fair, and what is in all of their own current promotional images. It doesn’t appear that anything changed since March.
Super Impulse is still showing the same set of 10 titles, which are not ones that are made as minis.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2020, 06:47:06 AM »
Update on the stickers. Here is the reply from Super Impulse:

" There are 74 different stickers. The extra over the 66 products are a “chase” type sticker but we don’t call that out and it is a type of surprise. The rule of thumb is every 5 minis gets one sticker.  "

So we have 74 stickers with 10 being "Chase" meaning short printed.  This will be a difficult sticker set to collect!!!!

Each Single Tub costs $5.99 so to acquire 74 stickers costs over $400.

Offline quas

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2020, 06:58:10 AM »
Do we know the size/dimensions of the stickers?
Marc

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2020, 07:03:53 AM »
Update on the stickers. Here is the reply from Super Impulse:

" There are 74 different stickers. The extra over the 66 products are a “chase” type sticker but we don’t call that out and it is a type of surprise. The rule of thumb is every 5 minis gets one sticker.  "

So we have 74 stickers with 10 being "Chase" meaning short printed.  This will be a difficult sticker set to collect!!!!

Each Single Tub costs $5.99 so to acquire 74 stickers costs over $400.

Ouch!!  When there were no new Wackys I might have gone for this.  But, unless there will be a pause in the Weekly sets, I am just going to have to pass, and maybe trade Wackys for people's extra minis.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2020, 07:13:01 AM »
Do we know the size/dimensions of the stickers?

Really Small    ;)

anything