Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251704 times)

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2020, 06:40:23 AM »
This just proves that folks don’t read the threads before posting...  :sad:

and?

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2020, 06:44:34 AM »

So what? They are issued by Topps and made by a third party vendor.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2020, 10:30:17 AM »
Andrew mentioned the World’s Smallest Hot Wheels earlier - there is a growing collection of “World’s Smallest ...........” for a variety of toys, like Silly Putty, Duncan yo-yo, GI Joe, Barbie, Etch-a-Sketch, etc, all of which appear to retain their original brand name authenticity while being packaged by this “World’s Smallest” company.  So I would think of these 3D Wackys the same way - still basically genuinely Topps despite another company’s possible involvement in the marketing.

Thanks for the explanation.  After seeing the "these people didn't read the thread" post, I went back & read them again (as I did read them before posting), but I didn't see any full explanation like this earlier, unless someone had deleted it or something.  I'm not as active in the hobby anymore, so I've never heard of "World's Smallest".  I've seen a lot of knockoffs before, but these looked legit and really well-done.  So, I was surprised not to see some kind of "Topps" copyright or logo on them.

Offline drono

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »
Andrew mentioned the World’s Smallest Hot Wheels earlier - there is a growing collection of “World’s Smallest ...........”

I keep seeing people every day who have the world's smallest brain.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2020, 03:21:32 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.  After seeing the "these people didn't read the thread" post, I went back & read them again (as I did read them before posting), but I didn't see any full explanation like this earlier, unless someone had deleted it or something.  I'm not as active in the hobby anymore, so I've never heard of "World's Smallest".  I've seen a lot of knockoffs before, but these looked legit and really well-done.  So, I was surprised not to see some kind of "Topps" copyright or logo on them.
true, surprising that Topps is not more prominent, but the logo is there in one of the shots of the packaging

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
I just thought I’d mention because it sounded like Andrew may have stumbled upon the “World’s Smallest” Hot Wheels purely as a Hot Wheels enthusiast, and may not have been aware that the Hot Wheels was just one of several toys offered by that company in miniature.  From that perspective, this Wacky release makes a lot more sense.  FYI,  I don’t think there were any deleted posts mentioning other products, so nothing to feel bad about.

I occasionally visit a vintage candy store on the lower east side of NYC, and that is where I saw all these mini items.  They try to round out their offerings with retro-vintage toys and games, Pez special sets, old comics, vinyl records, vintage gumball machines, lunchboxes, etc.  Gives the place a more kitschy feel.   I think I’ve seen “World’s Smallest” products elsewhere too, but not sure where...maybe Target.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2020, 09:24:12 AM »
OK, I've added "Mini" ahead of the thread title, and changed all the responses to match.

You're so good!  Awarded two partridges:   :great: :great:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »
You're so good!  Awarded two partridges:   :great: :great:

Thank you!!  I merged two separate threads about this into one as well; I hope that didn't cause too much confusion.  I thought I got that pretty quick.

Looking forward to these!

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2020, 03:45:12 PM »
ToyWiz already posting pre-orders.
Pics of the product are taken from the Toy Fair - the asking prices are not! LOL

https://toywiz.com/worlds-smallest-minis-series-1-wacky-packages-mystery-pack/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2020, 07:56:00 PM »
ToyWiz already posting pre-orders.
Pics of the product are taken from the Toy Fair - the asking prices are not! LOL

https://toywiz.com/worlds-smallest-minis-series-1-wacky-packages-mystery-pack/

Wish we could get these earlier then Sept.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
I checked with my contact at littleobsessed.com   

They do not do pre-orders; but they do offer good pricing. I think the price Toy Wiz has of $5.99 for the pack of 5 Mini 3D Wacky's is high considering the company stated $3.00 per pack at Toy Fair.

Andrew

Online Joe G.

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2020, 07:48:33 PM »
Andrew is it possible that $3 was the wholesale price and not the retail price?  It is Toyfare which, I believe, is for wholesalers and not the general public.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2020, 03:50:47 AM »
You are probably correct. Thanks for that observation. I will still assert that littleobsessed will have better pricing than Toywiz.

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2020, 06:12:25 PM »
Did the recent 2020 Toy Fair also preview a second series of MGA's The Hangrees which features mini Wacky Package take poop related products?

Offline CaseyRob

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2020, 06:38:11 AM »
If there had been Hangrees at Toy Fair, someone would have reported on it somewhere by now.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2020, 07:29:26 PM »
I saw these pics on Facebook recently and was super excited for these.  I have missed Wacky licensed items in the past few years and this looks to be about as good as any of them.  I love seeing the original series titles and some of the excellent ANS ones (I loved Just For Wolfmen, though I know someone else seemed to knock it in an earlier post).  I do hope they get rid of some of the lousier ANS titles, but that won't stop me from buying at least a set of these.  I'll keep my eyes open for any reasonably priced pre-orders and I appreciate anyone else doing the same. 

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »
new post from Super Impulse today

Introducing Wacky Packages, the outrageous and hilarious mini collectibles based on the classic line of stickers by Topps! Collect and trade all 66 styles of old skool and new skool everyday products that fill our supermarkets and grocery stores! Coming soon from Super Impulse!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2020, 12:27:53 PM »
They look really nice!

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
SI says watch for them on Amazon in August

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2020, 12:41:50 PM »
This is definitely one of the Wacky items I've most looked forward to.  Can't wait to learn more and add them to my collection.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2020, 12:43:22 PM »
You can pre-order them at toywiz.com

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »
You can pre-order them at toywiz.com

Thanks for that info!  I don't think I've used toywiz before (except possibly a few years ago when I was less than impressed).  I'm hoping that they will be cheaper on Amazon and/or available for purchase at Target or some other retailer.

I'm not overly wild about the fact that there are more (33) ANS products than classic (27), but I do like the selection of the original series titles.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2020, 01:19:17 PM »
Thanks for that info!  I don't think I've used toywiz before (except possibly a few years ago when I was less than impressed).  I'm hoping that they will be cheaper on Amazon and/or available for purchase at Target or some other retailer.

I'm not overly wild about the fact that there are more (33) ANS products than classic (27), but I do like the selection of the original series titles.

So cool to see a mini 6up bottle!!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2020, 01:51:14 PM »

I hope they're short enough to fit in my Johnny Lightning display cases!  Those worked great for the first erasers, but the later soda bottles were too tall to stand up.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2020, 02:39:14 PM »
I copied this description from ToyWiz. 60 Regular Wacky's plus 6 Rare Chase Wackys (Crust, Exceedrin and Jail-o included). Get ready for a difficult set to put together. When they did the 3 Chase Mini Hot Wheels in the 50th Anniv Hot Wheels Release; they packed one per 24 car case. The Wacky Stickers are 1 per $5.99 cup so the sticker set will rough to assemble also. I will ask my contact at Super Impulse for more info.

Product Description
Wacky Packages Minis are hilarious collectibles based on the classic line of stickers by the worlds most prolific maker of trading cards, Topps. Super Impulse unabashedly brings the Wacky Packages to life with its line of molded mini products three dimensional miniatures, featuring the outrageous and hilarious parodies of the everyday products that fill our supermarkets, grocery stores and drug stores. 60 styles, with half based on classic old skool products, and half based on contemporary new skool products. Plus 6 rare chase styles featuring glitter molded material. And each package includes a miniature Wacky
Packages sticker a bonus collectible! Plus a Check List. Collect all 60 Wacky Package Minis, chase all the rare Super Minis, and even collect the mini Wacky Packages stickers!
Each Cup includes: 5 Wacky Package Minis, 1 Mini Sticker, and Check List.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:42:04 PM by DrDeal »

Offline 6_Fooey_Ounces

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2020, 03:07:20 PM »

AGREED!!!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2020, 07:54:58 PM »
I copied this description from ToyWiz. 60 Regular Wacky's plus 6 Rare Chase Wackys (Crust, Exceedrin and Jail-o included). Get ready for a difficult set to put together. When they did the 3 Chase Mini Hot Wheels in the 50th Anniv Hot Wheels Release; they packed one per 24 car case. The Wacky Stickers are 1 per $5.99 cup so the sticker set will rough to assemble also. I will ask my contact at Super Impulse for more info.

I wish there wouldn't be chase figures, but I guess that's how it goes these days.  I suspect I won't even try for a sticker set, though I'll be curious what the stickers look like. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2020, 03:16:54 AM »
I wish there wouldn't be chase figures, but I guess that's how it goes these days.  I suspect I won't even try for a sticker set, though I'll be curious what the stickers look like.

The chase wackys will be unique titles which is not how they did it with Hot Wheels (Alternate Decorations on cars in the regular release). So the only
way to get Jail-O, Exceedrin, Crust, Boredoms, Jerkson's and Big League Spew will be the chase ones.
The stickers have a all black background and look pretty cool IMO.   I checked with another seller and these should be in stock at dealers around 8/3.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 03:32:28 AM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2020, 05:46:40 AM »
I'll be curious what the stickers look like.
They’re shown in the pictures at the beginning of the thread, with the all black borders ( and their corners cut off)

From those pictures, the sticker set appeared to be just 10 titles, and they are unique titles not in the mini figures.

Stickers:
Angry jack
Blunder bread
Campy soup
Cheezilla's
Dopey Whip
Dubble Bobble
Dukin' donuts
Hawaiian punks
Kook-aid
Tied
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:29:12 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2020, 05:56:37 AM »
They’re shown in the pictures at the beginning of the thread, with the all black borders ( and their corners cut off)

From those pictures, the sticker set appeared to be just 10 titles, and they are unique titles not in the mini figures.

I heard back from Super Impulse on where to buy these. No big box stores at this time.  I asked about the stickers in terms of how many will there be and what titles. I will report back.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2020, 05:57:26 AM »
I kind of wish they had spread all these new Wackys out just a little bit.  We had a long desert, and now a deluge.  Maybe I'll be trading Wonkys for Minis.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2020, 07:17:32 AM »
I like to use littleobsessed.com to purchase the World's smallest line. They said they will stock the single packs beginning 8/2 and will offer a case discount like ToyWiz. They are checking if they will get the double packs in. They are also looking into setting up pre-orders for this release; but they do not usually do that.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:50 AM »

Stickers:
Angry jack
Blunder bread
Campy soup
Cheezilla's
Dopey Whip
Dubble Bobble
Dukin' donuts
Hawaiian punks
Kook-aid
Tied

What an interesting choice to use stickers different from the products themselves.  I'll definitely focus on collecting the original series titles.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2020, 08:08:59 AM »
Here is the image of the display box from the Toy Whiz website. Interesting that they used a font very similar to the original 1967 Wacky Packages wrapper for the Wacky Packages logo.

anything