Author Topic: A Holiday Announcement  (Read 19147 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: A Holiday Announcement
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2019, 09:07:38 AM »
Hey Guys, I got mine yesterday. They are awesome! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Thanks, Frank

Hopefully mine will arrive in the Shoe mailbox tomorrow.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
I got mine yesterday! What a fantastic gift...I was truly blown away with the set!! Thx!!!!!!! :] :] :]

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2019, 10:22:30 AM »
Jeff, Frank and Steve, our pleasure and so glad you’re enjoying the set! Mark, well I’m in the same boat you are as I have yet to receive a set.  We wanted to make sure the forum members got theirs by the Holidays so forum sets went out before those to the artists!  I’m hoping I’ll get mine next week.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:07:19 PM by Joe G. »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
I'm guessing that most everyone on the East Coast has gotten theirs by now,
and those further west will get them soon, if not today?

And I can't thank all the great artists involved who participated in this, we'll definitely
do something again in the near future!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2019, 12:08:25 PM »
I received my holiday bundle of joy today. Such a nice gesture from such gifted artists. Thanks so much for sharing your time and talent with the forum members. You are keeping the Wacky spirit alive.   

Regards,  Andrew

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »
Thanks again, gentlemen, for a truly remarkable and awesome set!  What a great gift and surprise!  Happy Holidays to all!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »
Andrew, you know it and Robert, start thinking up Holiday toy ideas so you can get in on the fun next year!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »
My holiday treat was delivered to the front office of my apartment complex this morning. I've stopped by the office a couple of times, but it appears the manager took the rest of the day off because it's been closed all afternoon. 

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »
Great set! Thanks to all who contributed!!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2019, 12:39:39 AM »
Got my set yesterday, and I love it!  Thanks to everyone who worked on it for this wonderful holiday treat!!!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2019, 06:02:39 AM »
Mine showed up. Yay! It's a great set (as good as I herd!  ;) ) and just in time for Christmas.

Thank you all so much for this very merry treat.

After a slow start, 2019 ended up very Wacky after all :great:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 06:05:19 AM by Brian Mc »
Brian Mc

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2019, 10:07:28 AM »
Rob, that’s so frustrating, I hoped you’ve got ‘em by now!  Mike and Pat so glad you got ‘em before the Holiday and thanks for the kind words.  Brian, Ha you made me laugh out load with that!  So glad you appreciated all the puns I stuffed into Milk Cud’s!

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2019, 02:06:32 PM »
I got mine yesterday and love the set! Thanks again to all those involved!

Daryl

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »
I received mine today and what an amazing gift! You guys all did a fantastic job on the concepts, the artwork, the presentation......just WOW...….thank you ALL so so much! It really is a blessing to be part of this community.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »
Got mine, awesome set.  My favorite gag is Milk Cuds, favorite character is from fitbite(that character is totally dead on original wacky pack style).
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2019, 06:58:38 PM »
I have yet to receive mine. Glad no one has posted spoilers.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2019, 08:42:26 PM »
Daryl and Jeff, thanks for the kind words and Ernie, I’m kinda partial to Milk Cuds myself!  The fitbite art is by the great Jon Gregory, who does give an amazing classic feel to his characters.  Yes, I agree Brian, no spoilers, everyone should have their sets in a few days but please no posting any images until the New Year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:52:51 PM by Joe G. »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2019, 09:15:53 PM »
favorite character is from fitbite(that character is totally dead on original wacky pack style).
I’d say like it came right off a Series 1 sticker for sure.  8)

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »
I just got my set today and they are great.  Thank you and a very merry Christmas to all, especially to Santa's Wacky elves  :a035:

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2019, 11:19:32 PM »
(clicks heals and bows) Bravo gentlemen! BIG cards for old eyes, didn't even need my glasses. Thank you seems like not enough, SO SUPER WOW THANKS!!! "Merry Christmas" To all, and all involved.

Jim

Offline quas

« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2019, 04:37:12 AM »
Got mine - they're great - thanks so much!!
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2019, 07:21:50 AM »
I just got my set today and it's absolutely great!

Now if I can just get the first four that I missed out on, I'm all set!

Here are pics of the first four Holiday Postcards for those that have never seen them:

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2019, 08:58:06 AM »
Debra, Jim and Marc, Happy Holidays and so glad you like the set!  Jim, I agree, as I get older I appreciate what Neil did in bringing Wackys to the postcard format more and more! 

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »
Got my set Thursday, didn’t get a chance to look at them until yesterday, but WOW!  I was anticipating something more like Wacky roughs or sketches, but these are official Wacky caliber!  And postcard sized!  And ten of them!  There’s more I’d like to say about some of the titles but want to steer clear of spoiler territory.

Much thanks to Joe and Adam for the kind and generous gesture.  I hope the project was as rewarding for you to do as it was for us to receive!  Best wishes for your holidays!

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2019, 10:23:34 PM »
Like Moldrush, I too received mine in the mail on Thursday but didn't get a chance to open them and peruse them until yesterday.  They were well worth the wait!  All of the artists involved did a fabulous job with this set!  I'm having a difficult time picking any as my favorite because they're all so funny and professionally drawn, painted, and printed.  However, My Armadillo really tickled me because I see the stupid commercial on TV so often....ha!  Thanks once again to everyone involved in putting this set together and making this a super Wacky Christmas for all of us here on the Forum.  I hope Santa rewards all of your generosity with extra presents under the tree--or the Hanukkah Armadillo if you're Jewish (reference to a Friends episode, for those of you scratching your heads....).

Offline Dead

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2019, 06:25:20 AM »
I’d also like to say thanks for the set! Very, very kind of you guys.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »
Tom, Paul and Bill, it’s our pleasure and so glad you guys enjoyed the set.  My Armadillo is based on a gag by our own Paul Harris and painted by the great George Wright!  This is the first year George has contributed his talents to the Holiday Treat and Paul and I are so thrilled to have him on board!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 12:26:52 PM by Joe G. »

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
Got my set Thursday, didn’t get a chance to look at them until yesterday, but WOW!  I was anticipating something more like Wacky roughs or sketches, but these are official Wacky caliber!  And postcard sized!  And ten of them!  There’s more I’d like to say about some of the titles but want to steer clear of spoiler territory.

Much thanks to Joe and Adam for the kind and generous gesture.  I hope the project was as rewarding for you to do as it was for us to receive!  Best wishes for your holidays!
Apologies for not mentioning the rest of the creative team involved, no wonder such a high quality mini-set was turned around so quickly!  So a shout out to you guys as well!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2019, 02:28:38 PM »
Got my as well.  Fantastic set!!!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2019, 03:37:33 PM »
This is the first year George has contributed his talents to the Holiday Treat and Paul and I are so thrilled to have him on board!
Wonder when he's going to contribute to Galactic Groceries?    lol
[kidding, sort of]

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
Must be quite the successful set, say, think anyone upload some images of it please?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2019, 07:15:46 PM »
Just received my set today! Thanks so much to all of you that contributed to this amazing set. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2019, 07:42:05 PM »
Must be quite the successful set, say, think anyone upload some images of it please?
Joe G requested that no images be posted until the New Year.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2019, 08:14:54 PM »
Tom, Paul and Bill, it’s our pleasure and so glad you guys enjoyed the set.  My Armadillo is based on a gag by our own Paul Harris and painted by the great George Wright!  This is the first year George has contributed his talents to the Holiday Treat and Paul and I are so thrilled to have him on board!

Got mine today Joe, Thank you Brother and to all the artists who contributed. Merry Christmas and Happy 2020 from the 3 Shoes (Mark, Janet, and Troy).

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2019, 09:37:04 PM »
Loren, Mike and Mark, so glad you received your sets before the Holiday and it was truly a pleasure for all involved!  Tom, thanks, yes, as people are still receiving sets please, no spoilers before the New Year.

anything