Author Topic: Cricket Invasion  (Read 4459 times)

Offline DrDeal

Cricket Invasion
« on: March 01, 2019, 03:33:36 AM »
This site has been pretty static for the last three months. Maybe an artist can comment if anything is forthcoming in the Wacky World? The crickets rule at present!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Cricket Invasion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 05:25:49 AM »
This site has been pretty static for the last three months. Maybe an artist can comment if anything is forthcoming in the Wacky World? The crickets rule at present!

Time for a new mascot?

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:09:02 AM »
How about a new version of Mars attacks but with crickets instead of martians? Crazed cackling  >:D

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
So here is a Wacky Packages/GPK cross-over question... Since about 2016, several GPK series have offered a Wacky Packages subset of usually 10 cards that contain past WP titles but with GPK characters. I guess i differentiate these from the GPK parody subsets of different types. What releases have contained these Wacky subsets? I usually try to pick them up on ebay but wonder if I have missed any. I know of the following:

2016 GPK Trashy TV Prime Slime
2018 GPK On, the Horror-ible!
2019 GPK We hate the '90s

Seems like a 2017 gap. As far as I can tell the We Hate the 80's set did not have a Wacky subset, but I may be wrong and just not seem the,
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 07:56:55 AM »
I'd love to hear of any upcoming Wacky news.  There's been so little to get really excited about these past 2-3 years.  I hate to think there's even less on the horizon.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 10:54:14 AM »
I would recommend refocusing on vintage collecting to anyone experiencing doldrums. Remember, before 2004 that’s all we had, and things were still pretty lively.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 07:50:06 AM »
Go Vintage!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 09:01:21 AM »
I'm optimistic.
There's already been some fun and innovative GPK online releases this year, with Neil's ABC coloring book and a Valentine's Day set that had REAL card backs for once - which may be a first for the online sets.
They've all sold incredibly well and I'm sure that will encourage the creation of some Wacky items this year.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 12:08:42 PM »
Did I miss the ABC Coloring Book?

#StayWacky

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »
I'm optimistic.
There's already been some fun and innovative GPK online releases this year, with Neil's ABC coloring book and a Valentine's Day set that had REAL card backs for once - which may be a first for the online sets.
They've all sold incredibly well and I'm sure that will encourage the creation of some Wacky items this year.

I hope you're right!  It does seem like GPK stuff is so much more widely available than Wackys.  Wish the opposite were true.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 03:16:15 AM »
I hope you're right!  It does seem like GPK stuff is so much more widely available than Wackys.  Wish the opposite were true.

I just visited the Topps site to see what GPK items have been offered. The navigation is so lame. Nice job on the redesign........

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 05:18:30 PM »
I would recommend refocusing on vintage collecting to anyone experiencing doldrums. Remember, before 2004 that’s all we had, and things were still pretty lively.

I agree!!!!!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 06:45:18 PM »
Agreed too

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 08:21:03 PM »

Dave I keep going back to my original collection albums more and more.   The revival of the new series in the 2000's was a hell of a ride, a great way to meet collectors and make new friends.   I have such fond memories (in spite of, well, you know....) I even remember mostly the good times with him as well.   LOL.   

Send me your borderless wackys!

Online bigtomi

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
Dave I keep going back to my original collection albums more and more.   The revival of the new series in the 2000's was a hell of a ride, a great way to meet collectors and make new friends.   I have such fond memories (in spite of, well, you know....) I even remember mostly the good times with him as well.   LOL.
Come on, now, Dave...let's not be counter productive here.   :)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »
Come on, now, Dave...let's not be counter productive here.   :)

Tom I saw this this morning and thank you for starting my day with a good laff!
Send me your borderless wackys!