Author Topic: Almost full box with mixed 21 and 85 folds  (Read 2544 times)

Offline drono

Almost full box with mixed 21 and 85 folds
« on: February 15, 2019, 05:12:23 AM »
I know there has been a lot of discussion about selling full boxes that were pieced together, i.e. the packs were not originally from the box but from many others.

There's an almost full box (41 packs) of 3rd Series on eBay right now that appears to have mixed 21 and 85 folds in the same box.  Is that a definite clue that it's not all original or have there been evidence of mixed packs in the past?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143060832308

Offline Bigmuc13

Re: Almost full box with mixed 21 and 85 folds
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:36:21 AM »
I know there has been a lot of discussion about selling full boxes that were pieced together, i.e. the packs were not originally from the box but from many others.

There's an almost full box (41 packs) of 3rd Series on eBay right now that appears to have mixed 21 and 85 folds in the same box.  Is that a definite clue that it's not all original or have there been evidence of mixed packs in the past?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143060832308

Full boxes were always packed with the same type of fold.  This box is definitely a put together variety, but many of them are.  It is still a pretty cool item which I would love to own but 4K is a bit out of what I can spend on Wacky's!!

Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:41:52 AM »
That is not a 21-fold pack. It is an awkward reseal of an 85-fold pack. The art is different on the back of the 21:

Also, if you look at the pics there appear to be 46 packs. I now see he says five of the packs are opened.

And it definitely looks like an original box to me. Unfortunately many of the packs seem to have “grabber damage” from the machine that loads the packs into the boxes.

I love the way he emphasizes his “absolutely no returns” policy. We all know that is a joke, if someone buys this item and thinks the packs are resealed they would have no problem securing a SNAD refund.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:13:54 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline drono

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:45:39 AM »
I love the way he emphasizes his “absolutely no returns” policy. We all know that is a joke, if someone buys this item and thinks the packs are resealed they would have no problem securing a SNAD refund.

Yes, three times he emphasizes it.  Maybe he shouldn't be selling on eBay if he mistrusts the buyer that much. 

If the packs weren't damaged and looked to be legitimate the price would be tempting.  I just don't know if you could sell those packs for more than $100 with the damage.

Back to my original question though.  Has there ever been evidence of a legitimate full box with mixed 21 and 85 fold packs?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »
Yes, three times he emphasizes it.  Maybe he shouldn't be selling on eBay if he mistrusts the buyer that much. 

If the packs weren't damaged and looked to be legitimate the price would be tempting.  I just don't know if you could sell those packs for more than $100 with the damage.

Back to my original question though.  Has there ever been evidence of a legitimate full box with mixed 21 and 85 fold packs?

No, I don’t believe that ever happened, but there’s no way to be sure without knowing exactly what the box filling process was. I think it’s likely that the different style packs were wrapped by different machines, so it seems unlikely they would find their way into the same box.

When you think about it, it’s impossible to ever know. Matt had a 3rd series box long ago made up of  two different groups of packs. They were all 85 fold but based on observable differences they clearly were two separate lots of packs. They were all legit, and I suspected the box had been created from loose packs, but if it came from the factory that way how could we tell the difference?