Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101483 times)

Offline ratchet007

Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »
I hit 2 WalMarts and 2 Targets on the way home from work today. Carlisle/Mechanicsburg,PA area. Nothing at any of them. I asked an employee at the 2nd Target about when the Excell person comes in. They checked with someone in the back and were told that the woman that stocks the cards sometimes only comes in once a month. This does not bode well for me. I may go into Wacky withdrawl.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
I've been checking the wal*marts near me. guess I'm lucky - as there are 3 within 5 miles of my house and all 3 have decent card sections and have consistently carried wackys. Nothing Wacky as of yesterday though.
Interesting.
I've kept an eye out in the card section at "my" Wal-Mart for many years (more than 5) and have never seen a thing - ever.
I wonder what factors affect (effect?) the decision if a Wally World carries Wacky Packages or not. I assume Wal-Mart sales drive that decision?
Or maybe it's the vendor / distributor who decides what lands on Wal-Mart shelves. I believe people have said it's "Excel".

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Houston, TX
nothing at the comic shop - as expected.
the Target I went to yesterday actually *did* have a gravity feed - and even today it was still in an Excel box and not up on display. Looked like the card area was still a work in progress. I grabbed 12 packs. Absolutely perfect insert distribution.

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
I just left Target in Antioch/Brentwood?, Ca (Lone Tree Way) with 11 packs, to tide me over until the preorder arrives!!!
As of 6:00pm 8/25/10, there were aprox. 25 packs left in the Gravity Feed Box.......Go get 'em!
Wack-On!!!!! :P
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 05:22:11 AM »
I went to Target and Wal-Mart today still nothing in Las Vegas at these stores.... I'll hunt tomorrow at both stores in different locations around the valley. I'll post if I find some.

eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 05:48:58 AM »
Charlotte, NC

ANS7 gravity feeder sighting Tuesday evening in the Metropolitan Midtown Target.  I bought about 5 packs but expecting pre-ordered box to arrive soon from DAcardworld.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:51:15 AM by Feetena »

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 06:02:33 AM »
All the cards look good except the ones with the sparkle borders are very tough to see especially in bright light. Topps is now placing an advertisement card randomly in the packs?

I managed at least one set of the base 55 cards, one set of the 20 commercial cards, a complete set of 10 foil card, a few pink parallels as well as a handful of the silver flash foils.
I pulled a silver border sticker, but the left portion of the sticker and most of the border is not adhered to the paper backing. It seems as though there is no adhesive on some areas; has anyone else seen this with the sparkle border stickers? The packs I bought from a Gravity Feed box had both randomly inserted advertisement cards and randomly inserted blank cards affixed with what appears to be a white, square security sticker.
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 07:20:59 AM »
The packs I bought from a Gravity Feed box had both randomly inserted advertisement cards and randomly inserted blank cards affixed with what appears to be a white, square security sticker.

Same with mine.  Out of five packs, I pulled one advertisement card and three white blank security stickers (two in one pack - weird!).

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 07:35:03 AM »
Same with mine.  Out of five packs, I pulled one advertisement card and three white blank security stickers (two in one pack - weird!).

I opened 6 packs and got a total of 10 wack-o-mercial cards from them.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
any sightings in the Boston/Mass area?  I plan on stopping by a local target store just over the border in Salem, NH to see what they have.  They've had the packs in the past and although I've already ordered several boxes, I'd just like to get that adrenalin rush early!

:o

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »
I pulled a silver border sticker, but the left portion of the sticker and most of the border is not adhered to the paper backing. It seems as though there is no adhesive on some areas; has anyone else seen this with the sparkle border stickers? The packs I bought from a Gravity Feed box had both randomly inserted advertisement cards and randomly inserted blank cards affixed with what appears to be a white, square security sticker.

The white security card is a mystery to me. When I bought the feeder box at Target, the cashier rang everything up but did not run them over the demagnetizer that deactivates the security strip. She counted the number of packs I had, entered them into the register and then placed everything in a shopping bag. I paid and walked out of the store, which entailed walking between the large security scanner at the door. If the security cards in the pack were worth a crap, shouldn't that scanner have gone off and started ringing every security alarm in the place? It wasn't until I started opening packs at home that I discovered there were security cards in the packs and I wondered then about the lack of alarms. My question is why insert security cards that don't work? Maybe we can all go to Target and steal packs without fear. haha
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »
I was able to find this gravity feed box it contained 44 packs. The manger scanned the box and according to her Target had no others showing in the system as of 2:30 pm p.s.t in Las Vegas. I haven't found any at Wal-Marts yet after searching three stores.

Does anyone know how many packs come in this box ??? I'm curious if anybody bought some since they were put out last night and when I found them today.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »
I was able to find this gravity feed box it contained 44 packs. The manger scanned the box and according to her Target had no others showing in the system as of 2:30 pm p.s.t in Las Vegas. I haven't found any at Wal-Marts yet after searching three stores.

Does anyone know how many packs come in this box ??? I'm curious if anybody bought some since they were put out last night and when I found them today.
A full gravity feed box should have 48 packs.

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »
Thanks  ;D I wonder if Plan 9 was referring to these when he stated that they were in Vegas ??? I wasn't able to locate anymore yet. According to the Manger this was the only box showing in the system for Target stores in Las Vegas. 

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
Regarding Wal-Mart I also checked 3 stores today and nothing at any of these yet.

Offline 2begijoe

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »
I also pulled a silver border sticker, but the right portion of the sticker and the right portion of the border won't adhere to the paper backing from one of the packs I pulled from a gravity feed.

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 05:42:52 PM »
Where did you purchase yours ??? How many packs did you get ???  ;D

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »
A full gravity feed box should have 48 packs.

Mine had 49.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »
Mine had 49.

You should recount. The checkout lady counted them and told me she had 50. I told her there was only 48 in a feeder so she recounted and sure enough there were only 48.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
You should recount. The checkout lady counted them and told me she had 50. I told her there was only 48 in a feeder so she recounted and sure enough there were only 48.

Yeah, but you have to count the 2 you threw in your pocket while she was counting.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
that's nothing. yesterday I went to the target checkout and she rang up my 12 packs - and it totaled $258.50!!
She had rung up 120 packs.
So she cleared it out and started over - and it again showed $258.50 - cuz once again she had rung up 120 packs!
third time she finally got it right.

Glocky Packages

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »
that's nothing. yesterday I went to the target checkout and she rang up my 12 packs - and it totaled $258.50!!
So she cleared it out and started over - and it again showed $258.50 - cuz once again she had rung up 120 packs!

Wow! I wonder have many people she’s overcharged for merchandise.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 09:13:01 PM »

A REAL collector would have turned around and grabbed 108 more packs...

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 11:34:30 PM »
Thanks  ;D I wonder if Plan 9 was referring to these when he stated that they were in Vegas ??? I wasn't able to locate anymore yet. According to the Manger this was the only box showing in the system for Target stores in Las Vegas. 
I was referring to the ones I picked up in Henderson. Nobody knows where I'm talking about when I say Henderson so I just say Vegas.

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 03:44:50 AM »
I was able to find 2 full gravity feeds at Target  ;D I found one full box at the Grand Canyon store drove then found another at the Tenya store. I opened 23 packs I found at Decatur. I posted all my opened packs and parallels on my facebook page " Wacky Pack Fans " If anyone is interested. I'm glad I didn't take the managers word for it  >(  and drove the city tonight.

Good luck to all  :]

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »
Yeah, but you have to count the 2 you threw in your pocket while she was counting.

No need. I personally counted them as I sat on a futon in the furniture department. Topps has experienced issues since ANS1 with quantity control.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 07:59:04 AM »
the Target in Salem NH had them, and I picked up quite a few packs to whet my appetite.

There are a lot of great gags there!  I got a few pink foils and one or two silver ones, no golds.

I did set off the security alarm at the door, but that's because I only gave the cashier one pack and told her I had 20 in all, and she just scanned one 20 times.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 08:03:50 AM »
No need. I personally counted them as I sat on a futon in the furniture department. Topps has experienced issues since ANS1 with quantity control.

I was just joking with that! :]
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
I had said that I was on the fence about buying ANS7 but now my mind was made up for me.  My wife called me from Target this morning and told me that she had seen a lady with a shopping cart full of trading cards and noticed that there was an ANS7 gravity feed in the cart.  She bought the whole gravity feed for me and brought it to me here at work.  So now I have a full gravity feed sitting here on my desk!

What to do?  Work..... or crack packs?!?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »

Crack packs!!!!  :)
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 09:07:27 AM »
A REAL collector would have turned around and grabbed 108 more packs...
HA!  if only they actually did have that many.
There's just one gravity feed and it was still not out on display but appeared to be in the Excel discard area along with a Twilight gravity feed. It was kind of sad. I would have taken the whole feed, but the face was somewhat crushed

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »
HA!  if only they actually did have that many.
There's just one gravity feed and it was still not out on display but appeared to be in the Excel discard area along with a Twilight gravity feed. It was kind of sad. I would have taken the whole feed, but the face was somewhat crushed
If you don't find a nice gravity feed LMK.  Since I bought all the packs that were in the two I found, the clerks let me take the feeds, and they both seem to be in nice shape.  I also lucked out, and the clerk in the one store let me take the Excell ad sheet!  Hell, it said 'remove by 8/15/2010', and it was 8/25/2010, so I was saving them garbage, right? :)

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
If you don't find a nice gravity feed LMK.  Since I bought all the packs that were in the two I found, the clerks let me take the feeds, and they both seem to be in nice shape.  I also lucked out, and the clerk in the one store let me take the Excell ad sheet!  Hell, it said 'remove by 8/15/2010', and it was 8/25/2010, so I was saving them garbage, right? :)
thanks! don't worry though, I've easily been finding 4 gravity feed boxes to add to my collection for every series since ANS2. There are a LOT of Targets around here

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 11:39:14 AM »
I had said that I was on the fence about buying ANS7 but now my mind was made up for me.  My wife called me from Target this morning and told me that she had seen a lady with a shopping cart full of trading cards and noticed that there was an ANS7 gravity feed in the cart.  She bought the whole gravity feed for me and brought it to me here at work.  So now I have a full gravity feed sitting here on my desk!

Work.....No Brainer
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »
The Target in Hickory NC had a gravity feed today.  I picked up 10 packs.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

anything